Latissimi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Latissimi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Latissimi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Latissimi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Latissimi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Latissimi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Latissimi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Latissimi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Latissimi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Latissimi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Latissimi will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Protein 30 mins after training...Fact or Myth

I've often heard that you must consume your protein within 1/2 hour of training to ensure it repairs the muscle as fast as possible or something etc... Is this really necessary or a myth? If I consume my main 60g protein shake 3 hours after training (I would've had a source of carbs in the meantime such as pasta, bread etc...) is that still OK? All replies will be appreciated

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Myth

You don't need a shake at all, why not eat meat with your pasta etc
    Yes... I've started a log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159357321

Jhemre will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jhemre will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jhemre will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jhemre will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jhemre will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jhemre will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jhemre will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jhemre will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jhemre will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jhemre will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jhemre will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Myth...

Lift, Eat, Sleep. Repeat. BDeblo's Avatar
    BDeblo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BDeblo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BDeblo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BDeblo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BDeblo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BDeblo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BDeblo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BDeblo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BDeblo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BDeblo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BDeblo is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Ditch your meal plan and develop a diet that combines sound nutrition with the foods you enjoy by eating when you see fit in the portions that allow you to achieve your macronutrient and caloric needs while providing sufficient micronutrients, energy and satiety. One can never forget that nutrition is a tool, not a restraint; the enjoyment of life should always come first. Psychological, sociological and emotional health should never be threatened by the attempt to increase physiological health.

NOW HAS A LOG!!!! peanut-butter's Avatar
    peanut-butter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) peanut-butter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) peanut-butter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) peanut-butter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) peanut-butter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) peanut-butter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) peanut-butter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) peanut-butter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) peanut-butter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) peanut-butter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) peanut-butter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Read what Alan says, then read it again.

Originally Posted by alan aragon View Post

Read this post, then read it again - it should answer your question:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post774081783
    "Whoa, peanut-butter does look a lot like Cum." - Alan Aragon

IIFYMM- If it fits Your Macros and Micros.

5k+ Link (Please PM me if I forget)

*Unaesthetic Crew* Disregard V-Taper, Acquire PRs

rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I won't go so far as to say it's a myth, but it is certainly controversial in the scientific community and for the purposes of the vast majority of people on this site and in gyms around the world, if there is any merit to the idea, it's so small as to be of no consequence whatsoever. If you are an unusually large professional bodybuilder with, shall I say, an inordinate amount muscle on your frame, could it help some, well many of them think so.

Bottom line is just like stated in AA's sticky linked to you above, it's way down the list of importance if it makes any difference at all, and is not worth sweating. So have some PWO nutrition if it makes you feel better after a hard workout and for no other reason. Often I do, cause I'm hungry!!

Mr_Aryze is just really nice. (+1000) Mr_Aryze is just really nice. (+1000) Mr_Aryze is just really nice. (+1000) Mr_Aryze is just really nice. (+1000) Mr_Aryze is just really nice. (+1000) Mr_Aryze is just really nice. (+1000) Mr_Aryze is just really nice. (+1000) Mr_Aryze is just really nice. (+1000) Mr_Aryze is just really nice. (+1000) Mr_Aryze is just really nice. (+1000) Mr_Aryze is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hercules

Registered User vegravelsesnatt's Avatar
    vegravelsesnatt will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegravelsesnatt will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegravelsesnatt will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegravelsesnatt will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegravelsesnatt will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegravelsesnatt will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegravelsesnatt will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegravelsesnatt will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegravelsesnatt will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegravelsesnatt will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegravelsesnatt will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Latissimi View Post
    I've often heard that you must consume your protein within 1/2 hour of training to ensure it repairs the muscle as fast as possible or something etc... Is this really necessary or a myth? If I consume my main 60g protein shake 3 hours after training (I would've had a source of carbs in the meantime such as pasta, bread etc...) is that still OK? All replies will be appreciated
    There are many variables involved, the main one is that everyone is typically already in a post-prandial state post training. Some studies do suggest that whey protein supplementation enhances lean mass gains vs control groups, but often times the study participants diets are lacking in protein.

At the end of the day, if you're not training fasted, and you're eating enough protein on a daily basis, you should be fine.

PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Very mythological....
    BRAINS & GAINS

Strong Mind + Strong Body = UNSTOPPABLE

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    It depends on your protien consumption overall and especially what you've had in the hours leading up to the training session. If you're getting your 1 grm per lb a day it really doesn't matter that much. Protien doesn't magically disappear from your system before you go workout.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    The theory behind post workout timing gets mixed up by most, mainly because of the influence of supplement companies trying to sell protein powders.

The theorized benefit, if any, comes from inducing a more anabolic hormonal milieu in the blood stream and making certain that amino acids are available. If that actually promotes a gain in muscle mass it has yet to be seen in any significant form. Does it work, could it work? Well maybe so, but the measurable difference thus far would be so small as to make little difference to body composition outcomes. Recovery for athletes! Well now that's a different subject, a subject that has nothing to do with a nutrition forum on BB.com.