Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

I know I'm going to get banned for this but...

Some of you may remember that I was asking nosy questions a couple of months back, for a book I was writing. Well, the book has been accepted, and will be published in June. But right now, I've got an editor who is unhappy with a few things, so I'm hoping you can help me.

Basically, I've got a scene where the hero is having a steamy phone call to the heroine and my editor thinks his er, response time is too fast, and not something a normal guy could manage.

My hero is a 34 year old ex-Marine who has 7% bodyfat. He lifts heavy and does deadlifts and ATG squats to failure. For someone like that, what do you guys think is the fastest he could reasonably go from "Not interested" to "Done"?

I don't mind if you answer here, or PM me, but I'd like to have an idea of a reasonable time before the weekend, when the edits to back.
    65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs = keto.

http://www.eileengormley.com/ Funny science fiction for bodybuilders

skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    3 minutes

Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    Some of you may remember that I was asking nosy questions a couple of months back, for a book I was writing. Well, the book has been accepted, and will be published in June. But right now, I've got an editor who is unhappy with a few things, so I'm hoping you can help me.

Basically, I've got a scene where the hero is having a steamy phone call to the heroine and my editor thinks his er, response time is too fast, and not something a normal guy could manage.

My hero is a 34 year old ex-Marine who has 7% bodyfat. He lifts heavy and does deadlifts and ATG squats to failure. For someone like that, what do you guys think is the fastest he could reasonably go from "Not interested" to "Done"?

I don't mind if you answer here, or PM me, but I'd like to have an idea of a reasonable time before the weekend, when the edits to back.
    I've gained and lost over 100lbs more times than any man alive should. Do as I say and not as I do.

Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I've just posted the same question on an Irish board, and already had 16 replies, including the guy who gave a lecture on how his deadlift technique would translate into thrust pattern and firing time. They reckon that with determination and a steely grip, 90 seconds is possible.

Brakh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brakh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brakh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brakh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brakh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brakh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brakh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brakh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brakh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brakh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brakh is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Lotion involved?

It's all in the grip, hopefully he doesn't have crazy sharp calluses from all those deads though. I'd assume he does which might delay him a bit, I agree with 3 min, hell even 2 if he's really into the girl.

Should there be lotion? There was a question about chalk to improve the grip on the Irish board.

Roniboney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roniboney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roniboney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roniboney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roniboney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roniboney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roniboney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roniboney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roniboney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roniboney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roniboney is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    if he's a military type then he should be used to responding as quickly as possible.So I'd say 5 seconds

The Irish lads were a lot more vocal when I asked the same question.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...p?t=2056589635

Brakh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brakh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brakh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brakh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brakh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brakh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brakh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brakh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brakh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brakh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brakh is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    There are factors to be considered: is he really into her, was he anticipating the call and its heated direction, is it a slow sensual convo. or down and dirty, when is the last time he released?

nowheateater has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nowheateater has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nowheateater has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nowheateater has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nowheateater has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nowheateater has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nowheateater has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nowheateater has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nowheateater has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nowheateater has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nowheateater has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Brakh View Post
    There are factors to be considered: is he really into her, was he anticipating the call and its heated direction, is it a slow sensual convo. or down and dirty, when is the last time he released?
    All very valid points....
    Assuming he is into her, the convo was sensual/dirty or whatever he's into and he hadn't rubbed one out in the previous hour or so. I would say under 2 minutes if there are no distractions.
    And yes there should defenatly be lotion. Idk how they do it in ireland but chalk really ?
    Last edited by nowheateater; 03-28-2012 at 04:56 PM.
    No Grain...No Pain... Gluten free since 2007

He is into her, the conversation was dirty, and it had been the previous night.

He is into her, the conversation was dirty, and it had been the previous night.
    Yea I agree with nowheateater, make that 2 minutes. That dirty girl, I bet she wants it good and he's ready to give it to her.

jellybrahmannn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jellybrahmannn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jellybrahmannn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jellybrahmannn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jellybrahmannn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    "Not interested" to "Done"?
    I think this is impossible. As a guy, I'm either interested but can't have sex or not interested and wont have sex. There is not the Not interested, but willing.

If there was "non-productive" phone sex the night before, he was already primed with 1 in the chamber, safety off, finger on trigger, target sighted. So 90 - 180 seconds sounds legit.

Sali217 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I would say 90-120 seconds sounds about right, it depends far more on last release than any other factor though. A note about lotion though, getting it done that way is a very american thing, being Irish he'd be uncut (unless he's a muslim or a jew), uncut guys don't typically need lotion as the friction limitations are not the same.

Originally Posted by Sali217 View Post
    I would say 90-120 seconds sounds about right, it depends far more on last release than any other factor though. A note about lotion though, getting it done that way is a very american thing, being Irish he'd be uncut (unless he's a muslim or a jew), uncut guys don't typically need lotion as the friction limitations are not the same.
    Interesting point, and one I hadn't considered. He's American.

met-enkephalinaholic Pridehurtsform's Avatar
    Pridehurtsform will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pridehurtsform will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pridehurtsform will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pridehurtsform will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pridehurtsform will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pridehurtsform will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pridehurtsform will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pridehurtsform will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pridehurtsform will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pridehurtsform will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pridehurtsform will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    what

the

fuk

i always wondered what people who write romance novels looked like. now i know. 5 star thread for learning
    Last edited by Pridehurtsform; 03-29-2012 at 10:09 PM.
    BS in molecular biochemistry
    NASM certified personal trainer
    bench: 315
    squat: 365
    deads: 415
    video thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=162544341&p=1258712431#post1258712431

"it's better to be silent and thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"

Sali217 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Interesting point, and one I hadn't considered. He's American.
    Rereading the OP I have no idea where the hell I got the idea that he was Irish from.

Originally Posted by Sali217 View Post
    Rereading the OP I have no idea where the hell I got the idea that he was Irish from.
    Because I am?

But the publisher is American, and comes down like a ton of bricks on Irish-isms. Even if the novel is set in Ireland, the characters still have to talk and behave American. Sometimes I feel like I need a translation service.

BigSnacks is just really nice. (+1000) BigSnacks is just really nice. (+1000) BigSnacks is just really nice. (+1000) BigSnacks is just really nice. (+1000) BigSnacks is just really nice. (+1000) BigSnacks is just really nice. (+1000) BigSnacks is just really nice. (+1000) BigSnacks is just really nice. (+1000) BigSnacks is just really nice. (+1000) BigSnacks is just really nice. (+1000) BigSnacks is just really nice. (+1000)
    My hero is a 34 year old ex-Marine
    Why are you still calling him an ex-Marine...? Was he dishonorably or other-than-honorably discharged?
    Sgt, USMC

Former Marine. But I asked some people who used to be Marines about the ex/former thing, and they said they didn't care either way.

So if you want to know what I did with your answers, the book is out today.

http://www.amazon.com/Angels-Demons-...7704416&sr=1-3

Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Former Marine. But I asked some people who used to be Marines about the ex/former thing, and they said they didn't care either way.
    Marines, in Amererica, tend to go by retired, as opposed to ex, or former. Once a Marine, always a Marine.
    www.squidoo.com/keto-diet

Was 300+ lbs.
    Logs
    90 day XAT-7 and Cardio Igniter forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146779723
    TEST-PEAK http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149177173
    2013 BB.com challenge log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150876933

Sugar Alcohols...Explained http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151110953

Metabolic advantage of keto diet: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153834101

Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    So if you want to know what I did with your answers, the book is out today.

http://www.amazon.com/Angels-Demons-...7704416&sr=1-3
    Congrats!

Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    "Angels, Demons and Doms"

Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness? 0.o
    www.squidoo.com/keto-diet

Was 300+ lbs.
    Logs
    90 day XAT-7 and Cardio Igniter forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146779723
    TEST-PEAK http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149177173
    2013 BB.com challenge log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150876933

Sugar Alcohols...Explained http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151110953

Metabolic advantage of keto diet: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153834101

Doms as opposed to DOMS.

Originally Posted by Blackjack68 View Post
    Congrats!
    Thanks. I just got a review on Amazon saying my hero is too nice. Come on, you shouldn't have to be a bastard to get the girl.