Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Platinum Account Member b3rtstare's Avatar
    b3rtstare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) b3rtstare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) b3rtstare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) b3rtstare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) b3rtstare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) b3rtstare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) b3rtstare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) b3rtstare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) b3rtstare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) b3rtstare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) b3rtstare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

OMG, Cars kill people, we got to ban them

I have come to the conclusion cars are so dangerous that we have to ban them. Cars kill people.....people dont kill people folks. I have never seen an instance where another person killed someone, its because dem cars are so dangerous they kill many people in car wrecks per year. Those things are dangerous!

amidoinitrite?
    Traditional Wet Shaving Crew
    Electric Razor Crew
    Always Pick 2 Crew
    Restored Foreskin Crew
    DFW Brah Crew
    *LONE STAR CREW*

fballer12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fballer12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fballer12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fballer12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fballer12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fballer12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fballer12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fballer12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fballer12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fballer12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fballer12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    While your argument is somewhat valid, I don't think it fully corrects the problem. We have to go much farther than that.

We need to chain everyone up and lock them in prison. How are you supposed to kill someone when your stuck to the wall with your hands cuffed behind your back?

There would be like NO crime.....

miscman is not very helpful. (-500) miscman is not very helpful. (-500) miscman is not very helpful. (-500) miscman is not very helpful. (-500) miscman is not very helpful. (-500) miscman is not very helpful. (-500) miscman is not very helpful. (-500) miscman is not very helpful. (-500) miscman is not very helpful. (-500) miscman is not very helpful. (-500) miscman is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by Bulging_Biceps View Post
    I have come to the conclusion cars are so dangerous that we have to ban them. Cars kill people.....people dont kill people folks. I have never seen an instance where another person killed someone, its because dem cars are so dangerous they kill many people in car wrecks per year. Those things are dangerous!

amidoinitrite?

Calhexas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Calhexas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Calhexas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Calhexas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Calhexas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Calhexas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Calhexas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Calhexas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Calhexas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Calhexas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Calhexas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

amidoinitrite?
    I've always seen where the car vs gun control argument has its points...but the problem is, cars are pretty much a necessity for everyone these days. Guns...are not.

Cars serve a non-violent purpose. A gun's primary purpose is violent.

I think that's the thing people should keep in mind when making these kinds of arguments.

VAPlowhorse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VAPlowhorse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VAPlowhorse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VAPlowhorse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VAPlowhorse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VAPlowhorse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VAPlowhorse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VAPlowhorse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VAPlowhorse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VAPlowhorse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VAPlowhorse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    ^^^^That pretty much.

The only "purpose" and logical use of a gun is to cause physical trauma to other living things, very few vehicles, especially cars, have that purpose. The analogy would be much better suited for knives, which have many applications outside of causing physical trauma.

Guns=Awesome /thread
    Disciple of the tire flip and Utilikilt.

Huitzilopochtli commands Weightaholic's Avatar
    Weightaholic has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Weightaholic has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Weightaholic has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Weightaholic has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Weightaholic has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Weightaholic has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Weightaholic has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Weightaholic has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Weightaholic has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Weightaholic has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Weightaholic has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Calhexas View Post
    I've always seen where the car vs gun control argument has its points...but the problem is, cars are pretty much a necessity for everyone these days. Guns...are not.

Cars serve a non-violent purpose. A gun's primary purpose is violent.

I think that's the thing people should keep in mind when making these kinds of arguments.
    Thank you someone for saying it. I don't have much opinion on gun control, but the whole cars analogy is seriously dumb.
    My personal pronouns are: Don't talk to me/Fck off

OddLawnGnome will become famous soon enough. (+50) OddLawnGnome will become famous soon enough. (+50) OddLawnGnome will become famous soon enough. (+50) OddLawnGnome will become famous soon enough. (+50) OddLawnGnome will become famous soon enough. (+50) OddLawnGnome will become famous soon enough. (+50) OddLawnGnome will become famous soon enough. (+50) OddLawnGnome will become famous soon enough. (+50) OddLawnGnome will become famous soon enough. (+50) OddLawnGnome will become famous soon enough. (+50) OddLawnGnome will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Would like to also add: I love guns and plan to buy one when I have the money to spare. I believe that their sale and use should be restricted to mentally stable people with clean criminal records (as far as felonies or violent crimes). I am also aware that most crimes committed with guns are illegal weapons, but let's not make it easier shall we?

thequestion is on a distinguished road. (+10) thequestion is on a distinguished road. (+10) thequestion is on a distinguished road. (+10) thequestion is on a distinguished road. (+10) thequestion is on a distinguished road. (+10) thequestion is on a distinguished road. (+10) thequestion is on a distinguished road. (+10) thequestion is on a distinguished road. (+10) thequestion is on a distinguished road. (+10) thequestion is on a distinguished road. (+10) thequestion is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    What a terrible argument.

Cars serve a purpose other than killing or causing damage. Try again though, maybe you'll come up with something slightly less ridiculous.

VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by thequestion View Post
    What a terrible argument.

Cars serve a purpose other than killing or causing damage. Try again though, maybe you'll come up with something slightly less ridiculous.
    Guns are not made to murder people.

They are intended to make hunting for food easier as well as provide protection. Murder with a gun is EXACTLY the same as dying in a car crash. Neither were invented to kill people.
    I got no strings to hold me down
    To make me fret or make me frown
    I had strings, but now I'm free
    I got no strings on me

89FoxBody has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 89FoxBody has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 89FoxBody has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 89FoxBody has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 89FoxBody has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 89FoxBody has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 89FoxBody has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 89FoxBody has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 89FoxBody has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 89FoxBody has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 89FoxBody has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Drunk driving leads to more deaths than incorrect/criminal use of a firearm, so we should probably ban alcohol since it has no practical purpose.
    *NY Yankees Crew*
    *NY Giants Crew*
    *NY Rangers Crew*
    *Misc Firearms Crew*
    *CCW Crew*
    *Ron Paul Crew*

thequestion is on a distinguished road. (+10) thequestion is on a distinguished road. (+10) thequestion is on a distinguished road. (+10) thequestion is on a distinguished road. (+10) thequestion is on a distinguished road. (+10) thequestion is on a distinguished road. (+10) thequestion is on a distinguished road. (+10) thequestion is on a distinguished road. (+10) thequestion is on a distinguished road. (+10) thequestion is on a distinguished road. (+10) thequestion is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by VaughnTrue View Post
    You will notice (or perhaps you won't, as you were incapable of doing so the first time) that I didn't say "murder" at all. I said "killing or causing damage", which is unquestionably what they were designed to do.

They are intended to make hunting for food easier as well as provide protection.
    Both of which are done by "killing or causing damage", like I said. As you would know if you actually read my post.

Murder with a gun is EXACTLY the same as dying in a car crash. Neither were invented to kill people.
    I never said "murder". You assumed that is what I meant.

Try reading the post you respond to next time.

Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Except for the fact that cars are a vital part of most people's lives and if suddenly removed, the entire economy would collapse, this is a great analogy. Unfortunately this difference is so fundamental and obvious that only a retard *cough* OP *cough* could fail to observe it.
    "A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand."

Smaller, Stronger, Faster gjohnson5's Avatar
    gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

They are intended to make hunting for food easier as well as provide protection. Murder with a gun is EXACTLY the same as dying in a car crash. Neither were invented to kill people.
    LOL
    The people making guns do not care about what the buyers intent is.
    The makers intent is to make money.

Same with cars.

Atleast we can say more then 99% of car crashes are accidental. IMHO USDOJ statistics would probably show the majority of gun violence was intended
    Kickin your azz everytime

OddLawnGnome will become famous soon enough. (+50) OddLawnGnome will become famous soon enough. (+50) OddLawnGnome will become famous soon enough. (+50) OddLawnGnome will become famous soon enough. (+50) OddLawnGnome will become famous soon enough. (+50) OddLawnGnome will become famous soon enough. (+50) OddLawnGnome will become famous soon enough. (+50) OddLawnGnome will become famous soon enough. (+50) OddLawnGnome will become famous soon enough. (+50) OddLawnGnome will become famous soon enough. (+50) OddLawnGnome will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Are you really going to argue that guns are necessary in modern America so we can hunt for food?
    As for providing protection, how does it provide protection? By causing harm.

A gun is a tool to cause harm in some degree. Nothing more.

Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Exactly, but a lot of the nay sayers here probably have a problem with killing in defense of your life or your family's.
    Official misc attaché to the Kremlin
    Наше дело правое.
    Враг будет разбит.
    Победа будет за нами!

Originally Posted by Stizzel View Post
    Exactly, but a lot of the nay sayers here probably have a problem with killing in defense of your life or your family's.
    Yeah, that's not a strawman at all.

Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Yeah, that's not a strawman at all.
    If your problem is with guns rather than with violent crime or murder specifically, then you must have a problem with all of their uses. Besides these discussions always devolve to whether or not you should be legally allowed to kill that crack head pointing a gun at your daughter.
    Official misc attaché to the Kremlin
    Наше дело правое.
    Враг будет разбит.
    Победа будет за нами!

If your problem is with guns rather than with violent crime or murder specifically, then you must have a problem with all of their uses.
    Yeah. It's still a strawman and your method of attempting to defend it is really pathetic.

Besides these discussions always devolve to whether or not you should be legally allowed to kill that crack head pointing a gun at your daughter.
    They only devolve because people like you make them devolve.

NaturalC will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalC will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalC will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalC will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalC will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalC will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalC will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalC will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalC will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalC will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalC will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Its not the car, its the "________" drivers that kills people!

Oh wait.......

insert _______

terrible
    drunk
    texting
    mom taking care of baby in passenger seat
    old people
    etc

anonymous
    I think we should ban hospitals, over one hundred thousand people die each year while inside one.

Weightaholic has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Weightaholic has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Weightaholic has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Weightaholic has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Weightaholic has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Weightaholic has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Weightaholic has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Weightaholic has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Weightaholic has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Weightaholic has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Weightaholic has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    No, it's still a crappy argument.

Guns are made to kill things. That's what their purpose is. A car is a mode of transportation. If you're going to go with this analogy, you could subsitute almost anything.

OMG, asprin kills people, we have to ban it.

OMG, alcohol kills people, we have to ban it.

OMG, cigarettes kill people, we have to ban them.

OMG, gas heaters kill people, we have to ban them.

OMG, electricity kills people, we have to ban it.

OMG, peanuts kill people, we have to ban them.

The analogy should be something that is at least along the same lines as a gun. Knives is a good one, and illustrates the point well.

NaturalC will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalC will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalC will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalC will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalC will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalC will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalC will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalC will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalC will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalC will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalC will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Weightaholic View Post
    No, it's still a crappy argument.

Guns are made to kill things. That's what their purpose is. A car is a mode of transportation. If you're going to go with this analogy, you could subsitute almost anything.

OMG, asprin kills people, we have to ban it.

OMG, alcohol kills people, we have to ban it.

OMG, cigarettes kill people, we have to ban them.

OMG, gas heaters kill people, we have to ban them.

OMG, electricity kills people, we have to ban it.

OMG, peanuts kill people, we have to ban them.

The analogy should be something that is at least along the same lines as a gun. Knives is a good one, and illustrates the point well.

cigarettes aren't? Knives, Karate class

Originally Posted by NaturalC View Post
    Oh, they are, but I'm talking about the purpose, in which case, a knife is far more suited to the argument, and given that everyone owns a set....

Originally Posted by NaturalC View Post
    Karate classes (and martial arts training in general) do plenty of other things than train you how to kill. And most of them don't exactly have the format of the class be something like "warm up for 15 minutes and then we are going to do nothing but train finger strikes through the eye into the brain". So it's mostly non-lethal.

gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Karate classes (and martial arts training in general) do plenty of other things than train you how to kill. And most of them don't exactly have the format of the class be something like "warm up for 15 minutes and then we are going to do nothing but train finger strikes through the eye into the brain". So it's mostly non-lethal.
    A jumping spin kick to the throat would could easily kill someone if done by someone red belt or higher.
    IMHO someone who has went through that extensive amount of training would also have been taught how not to get into fights....

Still a ridiculous argument

Calhexas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Calhexas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Calhexas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Calhexas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Calhexas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Calhexas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Calhexas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Calhexas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Calhexas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Calhexas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Calhexas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by gjohnson5 View Post
    A jumping spin kick to the throat would could easily kill someone if done by someone red belt or higher.
    No offense to any "red belts" out there...but a jumping spin kick by any random jackass is going to cause serious damage. They don't have to have been trained in the "deadly art of Karate."

And the other day I saw two kids that couldn't have been any older than 10 walking into the grocery store with their mother. Both were in karate (or taekwondo) gi's. One was wearing a brown belt, the other a black. Call me crazy...but if either of those kids tried to perform a jumping spin kick to my throat, I'd probably own the **** out of them. And that's not an attempt at bragging. My 17yo loser cousin who spends his days playing MMORPG's and is perhaps the biggest waste of human space in the world would probably kick the **** out of those kids. And the only ninja training he's had is whatever the hell he got from Xbox.

IMHO someone who has went through that extensive amount of training would also have been taught how not to get into fights....
    This seems slightly more reasonable. Although I believe when it comes to MMA, those who've been through that kind of training almost seem more likely to jump into a fight.

Still a ridiculous argument
    agreed.

Guns are a tool of violence and destruction. That is their sole purpose.

The people who make the guns are most likely not doing so for someone to go "Hey let's take our gun and go shoot at some coke cans....pew pew pew."

No offense to any "red belts" out there...but a jumping spin kick by any random jackass is going to cause serious damage. They don't have to have been trained in the "deadly art of Karate."

And the other day I saw two kids that couldn't have been any older than 10 walking into the grocery store with their mother. Both were in karate (or taekwondo) gi's. One was wearing a brown belt, the other a black. Call me crazy...but if either of those kids tried to perform a jumping spin kick to my throat, I'd probably own the **** out of them. And that's not an attempt at bragging. My 17yo loser cousin who spends his days playing MMORPG's and is perhaps the biggest waste of human space in the world would probably kick the **** out of those kids. And the only ninja training he's had is whatever the hell he got from Xbox.
    Just wondering if you had something on the thread topic to say here or if you just woke up and wanted to ramble aimlessly??
    Yes , anyone can put on any belt and a gi of their choosing
    That had nothing to do with my point.

This seems slightly more reasonable. Although I believe when it comes to MMA, those who've been through that kind of training almost seem more likely to jump into a fight.
    I disagree totally.
    Martial arts training (atleast from any teacher I had) is all about defending yourself WHEN ALL OTHER OPTIONS HAVE BEEN EXHAUSTED.
    IMHO this closer to the opposite behavior many gun owners exhibit

nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Weightaholic View Post
    Thank you someone for saying it. I don't have much opinion on gun control, but the whole cars analogy is seriously dumb.
    Not really...

We "keep" cars because their benefits far outweigh their drawbacks.

The same can be said for guns - their defensive use to deter/prevent/stop crimes far outweighs their drawbacks when used improperly or illegally.

Guns are frequently "used" without a shot being fired, and without any injury or death - because often the simple presence of a firearm is enough to prevent a crime before it starts, or halt a crime in progress.

Dragger is a name known to all. (+5000) Dragger is a name known to all. (+5000) Dragger is a name known to all. (+5000) Dragger is a name known to all. (+5000) Dragger is a name known to all. (+5000) Dragger is a name known to all. (+5000) Dragger is a name known to all. (+5000) Dragger is a name known to all. (+5000) Dragger is a name known to all. (+5000) Dragger is a name known to all. (+5000) Dragger is a name known to all. (+5000)

Question

Personally I think it's disgusting how 55,000 people die in car accidents in one year in the US alone. All those people died for no reason, because someone wasn't paying attention, being careless, being drunk, etc...

Banning cars isn't an option on any level(I get it, just making an anology), but our country is in desperate need of increased driver training and enforcing the laws of the road. For just a few dollars and a quick test you can "earn" a driver's license in this country. They just pass them out like free condoms at a health clinic. Everyone acts like driving a car in the US is a right, not a privalige.

I think we need to invest more time and effort into driver's training and make it more work to actually earn a license. Make it easier to take it away, and stronger penalties for being caught driving with a suspended/revoked license.

4,000+ people die in a war that's been going on for 6+ years now and it's outrage.
    How many people die gun related deaths in the US? I'm pretty sure it's nowhere near 55,000! On the leading cause of death in the US were do traffic accidents place?
    I'm not saying we should kill all the stupid and lazy people, just that we should eliminate warning labels and welfare, let the problem take care of itself.

I do not support military action in Syria.

jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

amidoinitrite?
    stupidity kills lots of people...unfortunately, we cant ban that.
    "As sure as the world stands, you jf1 shall spend an eternity in Hell in eternal torment..."
    jake24