KennyG32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KennyG32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KennyG32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KennyG32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KennyG32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KennyG32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KennyG32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KennyG32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KennyG32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KennyG32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KennyG32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lower body routine that will increase my speed

I need a Lower body routine/program that will make me faster and quicker!

ATeeGee is not very helpful. (-500) ATeeGee is not very helpful. (-500) ATeeGee is not very helpful. (-500) ATeeGee is not very helpful. (-500) ATeeGee is not very helpful. (-500) ATeeGee is not very helpful. (-500) ATeeGee is not very helpful. (-500) ATeeGee is not very helpful. (-500) ATeeGee is not very helpful. (-500) ATeeGee is not very helpful. (-500) ATeeGee is not very helpful. (-500)
    Speed x Strength is power?
    Can't say a routine that would specifically build speed, but strengthening your quads etc will make your more powerful and power and speed and strength all come together in some respects.

Squats.
    Hamstring Curls.
    Deadlifts.
    Calve Raises.
    Plyometrics.
    Improving flexibility.
    Then obviously any general track training.

That's not a routine, but the things you need to consider.
    *Licks the angus first crew*
    *Loves hbb girls heiny holes crew*
    *Used to eat slugs as a kid crew*
    *Wrestled a lepar crew*
    *Collects hbb's farts in peanut butter jars crew*
    *Cleans my feet with sandpaper crew*
    *8" inch dink but 2" girth crew*
    *Only clean dink every 2 weeks crew*
    *Made a necklace pendant out of smegma crew*
    *I take oral of Jackie Stallone crew*
    *I will live in Mia Malkovas ass crew*

smittywhey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) smittywhey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) smittywhey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) smittywhey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) smittywhey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) smittywhey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) smittywhey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) smittywhey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) smittywhey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) smittywhey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) smittywhey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Do some lunges as fast as you can without any weights, and when you do them don't go down as far and use more momentum to go forward (also known as running).

racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000)
    you're going to want to focus on plyometrics and heavy power movements. tell me how many days you are willing to train and I'll make up a basic power template.
    "on the bech press i usually start off with 205 doing it 5 times then once i ad my usual extra 5 pounds on i can barely do it twice. How can i increase my chest cardio? so i can rep heavy weight easier" -dc1992hp

come by and check out my log. I'm racing to a 275x5 bench and 185x3 strict press with comps.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141680751

*** MISC Strength Crew ***

looking thick,solid,tight Newmanzz's Avatar
    Newmanzz is just really nice. (+1000) Newmanzz is just really nice. (+1000) Newmanzz is just really nice. (+1000) Newmanzz is just really nice. (+1000) Newmanzz is just really nice. (+1000) Newmanzz is just really nice. (+1000) Newmanzz is just really nice. (+1000) Newmanzz is just really nice. (+1000) Newmanzz is just really nice. (+1000) Newmanzz is just really nice. (+1000) Newmanzz is just really nice. (+1000)
    ATG Squats, Power Clean, Power Snatches, Plyometrics, Clean & Jerk, Snatch, Romanian Deadlifts, Front Squats.

Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Speed for what? To run quicker? If yes...I'm mind blown that nobody had yet suggested sprints.

Muscles are specific. You need to train what you need to improve. Getting stronger quad wont make you run quicker.

To improve your speed, practive the movement with more and more speed. No secret here.

Olympic lift and jump are known to improve explosivness. Bill Star is a well reputed strength coach very influent for football who focus his program mainly on power clean.

Speed, strength and explosivness are mainly a neural skill. It's like learning a new move. Your CNS need to learn to fire his muscle fiber at the same time to produce as much force as possible. The best way to learn something new, it's to practice again and again. High frequency is also important.
    ☆ ☆ QUEBEC CREW ☆ ☆

OW log :
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149575693&p=977696913#post977696913

Competition lift : 212 kg total (95/117) @ 77 kg

racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Saintsqc View Post
    Speed for what? To run quicker? If yes...I'm mind blown that nobody had yet suggested sprints.

Muscles are specific. You need to train what you need to improve. Getting stronger quad wont make you run quicker.

To improve your speed, practive the movement with more and more speed. No secret here.

Olympic lift and jump are known to improve explosivness. Bill Star is a well reputed strength coach very influent for football who focus his program mainly on power clean.

Speed, strength and explosivness are mainly a neural skill. It's like learning a new move. Your CNS need to learn to fire his muscle fiber at the same time to produce as much force as possible. The best way to learn something new, it's to practice again and again. High frequency is also important.
    sprints are a plyometric my dude and yes, anybody looking for speed or power in anything should be doing some sprints. the amount of repetitions and distance will change but nothing increases speed more than balls out running IMO
    "on the bech press i usually start off with 205 doing it 5 times then once i ad my usual extra 5 pounds on i can barely do it twice. How can i increase my chest cardio? so i can rep heavy weight easier" -dc1992hp

come by and check out my log. I'm racing to a 275x5 bench and 185x3 strict press with comps.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141680751

*** MISC Strength Crew ***

KennyG32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KennyG32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KennyG32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KennyG32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KennyG32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KennyG32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KennyG32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KennyG32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KennyG32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KennyG32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KennyG32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by racketteer View Post
    you're going to want to focus on plyometrics and heavy power movements. tell me how many days you are willing to train and I'll make up a basic power template.
    well i have until football season in july so roughly 3-4 months

thanks for the advice!

Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by racketteer View Post
    sprints are a plyometric my dude and yes, anybody looking for speed or power in anything should be doing some sprints. the amount of repetitions and distance will change but nothing increases speed more than balls out running IMO
    Well...if we get specific, plyometric refers to jump and stuff...but yeah...anyway, it doesnt matter.

Originally Posted by KennyG32 View Post
    well i have until football season in july so roughly 3-4 months
    If you train for football purpose, the best way to increase your speed...is to practice sprints (10, 20, 40yd I guess) and cone drills. No magic here.

You should search on different website. Speed and sprint is a well developped subject. You could easily find good articles with good speed training.

Edit : Also, in games situation are not like a 40yd dash full sprint. I mean, during a game...you dont just run head down in a straight line. Cones drill are very important.
    Last edited by Saintsqc; 03-27-2012 at 05:53 PM.
    ☆ ☆ QUEBEC CREW ☆ ☆

OW log :
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149575693&p=977696913#post977696913

Competition lift : 212 kg total (95/117) @ 77 kg

Well...if we get specific, plyometric refers to jump and stuff...but yeah...anyway, it doesnt matter.

If you train for football purpose, the best way to increase your speed...is to practice sprints (10, 20, 40yd I guess) and cone drills. No magic here.

You should search on different website. Speed and sprint is a well developped subject. You could easily find good articles with good speed training.

Edit : Also, in games situation are not like a 40yd dash full sprint. I mean, during a game...you dont just run head down in a straight line. Cones drill are very important.
    thanks. ill keep that in mind