tafuller80 is not very well liked. (-100) tafuller80 is not very well liked. (-100) tafuller80 is not very well liked. (-100) tafuller80 is not very well liked. (-100) tafuller80 is not very well liked. (-100) tafuller80 is not very well liked. (-100) tafuller80 is not very well liked. (-100) tafuller80 is not very well liked. (-100) tafuller80 is not very well liked. (-100) tafuller80 is not very well liked. (-100) tafuller80 is not very well liked. (-100)

Just out of curiosity...

Do you think it is in the realm of possibility to go from 188lbs to contest ready in 6 months? My husband is doing a show in September and half kidding/half serious said I should do it too. I'm not new to dieting and training however I did have my 4th child in January so this is baby weight I'd be losing. Just wondering if I dig in and give it a shot, or not really, keep working out and losing steady cus it would take longer than that to be that ready. I'm talking the physique side, not the bb. Thanks!

Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    what are your stats and what's your training history?

if you've just had a baby and are recovering/breastfeeding/generally FUBAR'd then contest dieting is a pretty bad idea for several reasons.
    "The human race is still largely a group of monkeys with slightly better grooming habits. Give them a microscope and and they'll examine their own ****, give them a telescope and they'll go looking for tits."

tafuller80 is not very well liked. (-100) tafuller80 is not very well liked. (-100) tafuller80 is not very well liked. (-100) tafuller80 is not very well liked. (-100) tafuller80 is not very well liked. (-100) tafuller80 is not very well liked. (-100) tafuller80 is not very well liked. (-100) tafuller80 is not very well liked. (-100) tafuller80 is not very well liked. (-100) tafuller80 is not very well liked. (-100) tafuller80 is not very well liked. (-100)
    I'm 5'5, 188 lbs. I've worked out most of my adult life. I had 2 babies back to back so I was never able to lose the weight from one before I got pregnant again. Right now I workout with my husband. We weight train M-F and I do minimum 45 min of cardio a day. Its generally high intensity on the elliptical, but it's not HIIT. My cals sit right around 1250. First 2 meals have carbs, then I drop them the rest of the day. We do 1 body part a day. My lowest weight was 130. I'm not breast feeding and my dr has given the ok to workout so I've been back fo 6-7 weeks now.

DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Well, I suppose anything is possible and I'm not experienced enough to give you a 100% sure answer, but in my very limited experience, I'd say no, you won't be ready in six months. You need a certain amount of time to cut down to being stage ready which you'd probably have to start doing within a couple months so that would only give you another couple months to build. Unless you have a decent amount of muscle already, I don't think it's gonna happen in six months.

And contest prep aside, you're doing way too much cardio, not eating enough calories and you don't mention what sort of strength training you do. I'd go to the sticky about calculating calories and macros and get your diet in order and start lifting heavy. There's no reason you can't compete in the future if you put your time in - but I'd rethink doing it in 6 months.

Just my $.02, though. Hopefully someone with more experience will chime in with some advice for you
    Danielle xoxo

#TEAM HYPE

KPainter70 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KPainter70 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KPainter70 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KPainter70 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KPainter70 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KPainter70 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KPainter70 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KPainter70 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KPainter70 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KPainter70 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KPainter70 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    What Danielle said.

I have a decent muscle base. I lift heavy (6-12 reps). At this point it's about fat loss thus the cardio and cals. When I started back to the gym after my 3rd baby, I was eating 1500 cals and not losing. That is why I started at 1250. To jump start. Ive been consistently losing 2 lbs a week since I started back, which is exactly where I should be, so I think my diet is good. I know how to calculate macros but my husband is the one who is making my diet for me. Here's my day:

M1- 1 whole egg, 6 whites, 1/2 c oats, 2/3 c blueberries or grapefruit
    M2-post wkout-same
    M3-protein shake, tbsp peanut butter, green beans
    M4- 4 oz chicken, handful green beans and either tbsp peanut butter or macadamia nut oil
    M5- protein shake and tbsp pb, green beans

How much cardio should I be doing? I mainly do 45 min so I can fully take advantage of the 2 hr childcare
    Last edited by tafuller80; 03-27-2012 at 06:06 PM.

toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yes I think it's possible to lose the weight, but the question is what do you have underneath? All the dieting down on low cals means you won't be supporting new lean mass growth, so unless you have a substantial base right now, I doubt you would be stage ready. Stage weight at 5'5 is what sub 120? So you'd have to lose 60 pounds in 6 months and have a rocking physique ready for revealing.

I would venture a guess that you may end up disappointed to work so hard and then realise you don't have enough muscle to compete. Perhaps, rather than rushing, give yourself another year or two?
    Goal: Peace, love & happiness...and arms that go bump in the night.

“It's never been true, not anywhere at any time, that the value of a soul, of a human spirit, is dependent on a number on a scale" G. Roth

DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by toodlepip View Post
    Yes I think it's possible to lose the weight, but the question is what do you have underneath? All the dieting down on low cals means you won't be supporting new lean mass growth, so unless you have a substantial base right now, I doubt you would be stage ready. Stage weight at 5'5 is what sub 120? So you'd have to lose 60 pounds in 6 months and have a rocking physique ready for revealing.

I would venture a guess that you may end up disappointed to work so hard and then realise you don't have enough muscle to compete. Perhaps, rather than rushing, give yourself another year or two?
    ^^this^^

And saying you lift 6-12 reps is meaningless really. On so few calories, it's like toodle said - you aren't going to grow any more muscle at that rate, so unless you already have the muscle underneath the fat, you won't be ready.

Your diet is pretty lacking - no fruits or vegetables, too much protein powder. Again, go to the sticky and calculate your calories and macros - all the info you need is in the sticky.
    Danielle xoxo

#TEAM HYPE

Ok here's the thing, I may be fat, but I'm not stupid. I know how to calculate macros and I know what kind of diet I'm doing. I've included in my diet above the fruits and other veggies I have. Didn't really think they were that imperative to include. I have 2 scoops of protein powder a day. How is that too much?
    Also last body fat measurement I had done had me at 117lb lean mass which is plenty for me. The whole point of a cut is to strip body fat and retain muscle and strength. I'm not looking to gain mass on a cut that's pretty hard to do while in a calorie deficit. So yes my 6-12 reps while going to failure is not to recruit new muscle fibers but to maintain my 117lb of lean mass while stripping away my fat . If I ever get lean enough and want to get more mass I will up my calories over maintainence for my body to use for new tissue.

LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by tafuller80 View Post
    Ok here's the thing, I may be fat, but I'm not stupid. I know how to calculate macros and I know what kind of diet I'm doing.
    What are your current macros?

Also, when was your last body fat measurement, and what method was used?

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Ok here's the thing, I may be fat, but I'm not stupid. I know how to calculate macros and I know what kind of diet I'm doing. I've included in my diet above the fruits and other veggies I have. Didn't really think they were that imperative to include. I have 2 scoops of protein powder a day. How is that too much?
    Also last body fat measurement I had done had me at 117lb lean mass which is plenty for me. The whole point of a cut is to strip body fat and retain muscle and strength. I'm not looking to gain mass on a cut that's pretty hard to do while in a calorie deficit. So yes my 6-12 reps while going to failure is not to recruit new muscle fibers but to maintain my 117lb of lean mass while stripping away my fat . If I ever get lean enough and want to get more mass I will up my calories over maintainence for my body to use for new tissue.
    How many years have you been training consistently? Did you train during all of your pregnancies? I'm only asking because women tend to lose muscle during pregnancy. If you know anything about diet, you should realize that those calories are way too low for your stats. Plan on stalling out sooner then later and you'll be scrambling to fix things. You should have been losing steadily on 1500 calories (which is still too low btw.) Unless you have some type of medical condition, it's a clear indicator that something was completely off in the way you were tracking things. Cutting out carbs after a certain time doesn't make a difference in the end result. It's nothing more then bro science crap. All that cardio won't get you lean and doing it while eating in a deficit that low...you'll end up with more muscle loss then anything else. You need to let your diet do the work for you.

If you are serious about competing, pick a later show.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

I had my body fat checked at my local Y in the bod pod about 2 weeks ago. My macros are 50% p, 20% c, 30% f.

I've been training consistently for the last 7 years. I trained through most of my pregnancies. Towards the halfway point of the 3rd trimester, I cut back to mainly cardio. Why do you say my cals are too low? And no, I wasn't not losing on 1500 cals. The bod pod said my Bmr was 1500 cals. 1250 is a small deficeit. Fat is dead. I don't need to compensate calories for dead tissue. I choose to cut carbs after my second meal since I don't need them. I'm not working out in the afternoon, so why do I need those energy carbs?

I track my calories meticulously so there was no error there. My metabolism slows dramatically after my pregnancies. I tried eating the 1800 cals, the 1500 cals and nothing happened. For months. Finally I dropped them again and ta da! Weight loss. I can't lie about the numbers. The diet was the same for each calorie bracket so there's no room for error there either. 1250 is what works, for now. I'm not compensating by doing endless cardio either. I know lifting heavy weights are the key. But here's my thing, if I wanted to compete, maybe not in physique but mb bikini, who knows, wouldn't I need to put the hussle on and do plenty of cardio anyways? Extraordinary effort produces extraordinary results, no?

bodybuilding.com/fun/melissa-shed-80-lbs-took-fitness-world-by-storm.html[/url]

Just wanted everyone to see this as a reference. Now, it took her 10 months and 80lbs. So mb not September for me but the latter part of this year is not entirely out of the question.

kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by toodlepip View Post

AGREED! I was talking to a pretty famous competitor in my area the other day and after looking at me he told me I'd need at least 6 months to get competition ready, and I don't have any weight to lose (actually need to gain a few)...my thoughts would be, do a strict diet for a few months to drop some pounds then resume a competition diet/training, even if you don't actually compete you can throw yourself into that type of program to see how your results fare, then maybe evaluate after a year.

Don't beat yourself up, you just had a baby, it takes a while to lose that weight, I know!
    Karen

wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I had my body fat checked at my local Y in the bod pod about 2 weeks ago. My macros are 50% p, 20% c, 30% f.

I've been training consistently for the last 7 years. I trained through most of my pregnancies. Towards the halfway point of the 3rd trimester, I cut back to mainly cardio. Why do you say my cals are too low? And no, I wasn't not losing on 1500 cals. The bod pod said my Bmr was 1500 cals. 1250 is a small deficeit. Fat is dead. I don't need to compensate calories for dead tissue. I choose to cut carbs after my second meal since I don't need them. I'm not working out in the afternoon, so why do I need those energy carbs?

I track my calories meticulously so there was no error there. My metabolism slows dramatically after my pregnancies. I tried eating the 1800 cals, the 1500 cals and nothing happened. For months. Finally I dropped them again and ta da! Weight loss. I can't lie about the numbers. The diet was the same for each calorie bracket so there's no room for error there either. 1250 is what works, for now. I'm not compensating by doing endless cardio either. I know lifting heavy weights are the key. But here's my thing, if I wanted to compete, maybe not in physique but mb bikini, who knows, wouldn't I need to put the hussle on and do plenty of cardio anyways? Extraordinary effort produces extraordinary results, no?
    My bold.

Your BMR is NOT what you work out your macros on alone. You need to include the EXERCISE factor. Given your current weight, 1250 is too low.
    BMR is what you need to survive if you didn't move. You'll be spinning your wheels eating at 1250.
    You need to visit the sticky, work out your exercise factor and THEN subtract upto 20% off your TEE. Which is your total.

My brain says:
    Mon - Fri there for 5 days/week so multiply your BMR by 1.5/1.6.
    Then subtract 20% off. That's a fair bit more than 1500!

The science works. I've lost using the calculations in the sticky because I worked it out, got it right and tracked METICULOUSLY e.g. weighing food, using the bar code scans etc.

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    But here's my thing, if I wanted to compete, maybe not in physique but mb bikini, who knows, wouldn't I need to put the hussle on and do plenty of cardio anyways? Extraordinary effort produces extraordinary results, no?
    If you choose to cardio yourself to death, tax into your extra energy while eating super low calories, who am I to stop you...

When comp dieting we focus on preserving muscle first and losing body fat second. Get yourself in the right deficit, give yourself enough time to lean and don't kill yourself with useless amounts of cardio.

You can play the "I have a slow metabolism" card all day long. It's total bs, you'e not a special snowflake. You keep coming back with all the answers, why bother asking a question in the first place?

If you know so much about dieting and how it all works, then you should already know there is no way you would be stage ready in 6 months.

Negged because your attitude sucks...

mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000) mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000) mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000) mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000) mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000) mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000) mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000) mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000) mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000) mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000) mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000)

Just wanted everyone to see this as a reference. Now, it took her 10 months and 80lbs. So mb not September for me but the latter part of this year is not entirely out of the question.
    Not to be an arse, but if you're already convinced in your own mind, and it sounds like you are, then why are you asking? You're obviously gonna do what you want...if you can do it, then do it and come back with pics...otherwise, I'd listen to the veterans.
    "Do not give away to others what you have not first given away at home." unknown
    "It's never too late to be who you might have been." George Eliot, pen name of Mary Ann Evans

Proud wife and mommy.

Every saint has a past.

LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    bodybuilding.com/fun/melissa-shed-80-lbs-took-fitness-world-by-storm.html[/url]

Don't base your goals on the result of someone that did something so outside the norm it warranted an article to be written about it on bb.com. That's just setting yourself up for disappointment.

Originally Posted by LunicaAshes View Post
    Don't base your goals on the result of someone that did something so outside the norm it warranted an article to be written about it on bb.com. That's just setting yourself up for disappointment.
    Well said.^^Articles, transformations are not always what they seem. Years ago I had a friend who was used in a fat burner add. His before and after pics were 3 yrs apart...

Originally Posted by mrshester View Post
    Not to be an arse, but if you're already convinced in your own mind, and it sounds like you are, then why are you asking? You're obviously gonna do what you want...if you can do it, then do it and come back with pics...otherwise, I'd listen to the veterans.
    ^^this^^

And if you want to bicker with me, fine. But kimm is someone who has competed for a long time and knows her ****. You'd do well to listen to her.

Look, anyone can get on stage at any time they want to, whether you are prepared or not. It's your call. I have not competed, but I have a good friend who has - and there was a girl in her show who was totally unprepared, didn't even have a tan, and she was clearly out of her league and was totally devastated and embarrassed. My friend said she was crying and really upset and all the girls were cheering her on and saying she looked great, but she wasn't stage ready. Not even close. If you want to be that girl, knock yourself out. I'm not saying you would be in as bad of shape as she was but why do it to yourself? The stage isn't going anywhere. You can compete in the future, but 6 months is pushing it. That's my story and I"m sticking to it
    Danielle xoxo

#TEAM HYPE