yourbodycard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cool Posing and figure vs bikini

Hi everyone! I'm not new to fitness, but new to the competition scene. I'm still trying to figure out if I should compete in bikini or figure. Also, there is shockingly little info on the net about posing properly for the different categories. Do they make you dance? Confusing! I'm pretty shredded, lots of muscle, but certainly not a bodybuilder!

Where did you learn to pose, and what class did you enter on your first go round?

Much appreciated!

Shea

dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

NPC Bodybuilder, Mother and Hater Extraordinaire

Sponsored by Prep & Rep Kitchen

yourbodycard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey thanks! Sorry it took me so long to respond, I didn't see that I had a reply. Thanks

Crystal15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Crystal15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Crystal15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Crystal15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Crystal15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Crystal15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Crystal15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Crystal15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Crystal15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Crystal15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Crystal15 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by yourbodycard View Post
    Hi everyone! I'm not new to fitness, but new to the competition scene. I'm still trying to figure out if I should compete in bikini or figure. Also, there is shockingly little info on the net about posing properly for the different categories. Do they make you dance? Confusing! I'm pretty shredded, lots of muscle, but certainly not a bodybuilder!

Where did you learn to pose, and what class did you enter on your first go round?

Much appreciated!

Shea
    You can also see who the NPC Chairman is in your state and message them and ask them if they know of anyone in your area that is holding a posing seminar, workshop or session Posing is huge, so I would definitely seek out someone who has experience to be able to teach you the rounds =D I am a NPC Bikini Athlete and I chose that because it was best for me. With the new women's physique division, you may want to check out a local bodybuilding show that is showing these divisions and see which one you fit better in. They are both for more muscular women, but one is for very ripped total body muscular women and the other is more for very sleek muscular physiques whereas bikini is not so much muscle as it is compact curves and femininity. Physique does do a routine though and figure does "quarter turns." So i would just check with who your NPC Chairman is and they should be able to direct you to a coach or trainer that can give you some guidance and help on posing and which division you probably fit into Hope that helps!

Cheers!,
    CrystalGreenNPCBikiniAthlete
    Crystal Green
    Bikini Babes Coach
    IFBB Pro Bikini Athlete
    Liporidex Sponsored Athlete
    “Live Your Best Life"
    Visit My Site: www.TheBikinibabes.weebly.com

Laaaren03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Laaaren03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Laaaren03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Laaaren03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Laaaren03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Laaaren03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Laaaren03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Laaaren03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Laaaren03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Laaaren03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Laaaren03 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    To me I see a few differences. Less than there had been previously as the bikini class is developing a more professional appeal.
    Bikini has maybe more sassyness as opposed to figure. Walk and poses are important in both categories but different. Bikini is a little bit more about the hips and curves. Judges want to see soft curves and roundness. Figure is less body fat and more sharpe definition in the body. I'd like to think the poses are a bit more angular and sharp also. Suits as you have probably noticed are different as well.

Not sure that I described this correctly. Personally I am competiting bikini in 6 weeks. I want to work towards figure but I don't believe to have the body or build to compete in the category. Again, this is my interpurtation.
    L.A. (Lauren Allen)
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." -Albert Einstein