Reavyne is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Just can't seem to lose my stubborn fat

Hello all.

So for ages now i have been working out and i just can not seem to lose the fat around my stomach and love handles (and a bit around my chest)...the rest of my body is shaping up nicely but i just can't make a dent in those areas.

Some Info for you all on what im currently doing.
    Did a in body scan and im currently sitting on 27%body fat
    Doing 30mins of HIIT cardio 5 days a week (fasted)
    I work out at the gym 5 days a week, lifting heavy with a rep range of 7 to 12 (depending on weight) and i work everything over those 5 days.
    my current macros are 180p 180c 60f with a 2000 calorie limit for the day....i calculate everything i eat in my fitness pal, and i stick to those macros and calories. I also stay very hydrated.
    my height is 5ft 7....weight is 86kg....age 26.
    i also work security so i am walking around for 8 to 12 hours at work.

Been doing this program for about 3 months now and i have been putting on some nice size/muscle....but have made next to no progress on that stomach/love handle fat. No idea if im doing things right, but im currently at a loss for why i cant seem to shred that body fat...Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by Reavyne; 12-12-2018 at 06:52 AM.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Reavyne View Post
    Hello all.

So for ages now i have been working out and i just can not seem to lose the fat around my stomach and love handles (and a bit around my chest)...the rest of my body is shaping up nicely but i just can't make a dent in those areas.

Some Info for you all on what im currently doing.
    Did a in body scan and im currently sitting on 27%body fat
    Doing 30mins of HIIT cardio 5 days a week (fasted)
    I work out at the gym 5 days a week, lifting heavy with a rep range of 7 to 12 (depending on weight) and i work everything over those 5 days.
    my current macros are 180p 180c 60f with a 2000 calorie limit for the day....i calculate everything i eat in my fitness pal, and i stick to those macros and calories. I also stay very hydrated.
    my height is 5ft 7....weight is 86kg....age 26.
    i also work security so i am walking around for 8 to 12 hours at work.

Been doing this program for about 3 months now and i have been putting on some nice size/muscle....but have made next to no progress on that stomach/love handle fat. No idea if im doing things right, but im currently at a loss for why i cant seem to shred that body fat...Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!
    How do you know you're only consuming '180p 180c 60f' each day? For example, how do you know you're only eating 180 grams of carbs; are you using a food scale to weigh all your portions?
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    How do you know you're only consuming '180p 180c 60f' each day? For example, how do you know you're only eating 180 grams of carbs; are you using a food scale to weigh all your portions?
    Yes i weigh out every single thing i eat, and i calculated my meals for each day, so it comes out to 180p 180c 60f and 2000 calories
    If its not put through my fitness pal and weighed i don't eat it.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Yes i weigh out every single thing i eat, and i calculated my meals for each day, so it comes out to 180p 180c 60f and 2000 calories
    If its not put through my fitness pal and weighed i don't eat it.
    If you're not losing weight, you're eating more calories than you burn; there's a tracking error somewhere in there.

All that said, regardless of how much you're eating now, trim 3-400 calories a day from your intake, and then re-evaluate in 3-4 weeks.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

If you're not losing weight, you're eating more calories than you burn; there's a tracking error somewhere in there.

All that said, regardless of how much you're eating now, trim 3-400 calories a day from your intake, and then re-evaluate in 3-4 weeks.
    Yea i was thinking maybe somethings gone wrong there, because im working my ass off and seeing great muscle gains, but next to no fat reduction....so ill give cut it off the 400 and see how it goes!

Also if i reduce calories im assuming i will have to reduce those macros to? if so how much do i reduce them by to maximise/keep my muscles once the fat loss kicks in.

Really appreciate all your help as well.

Yea i was thinking maybe somethings gone wrong there, because im working my ass off and seeing great muscle gains, but next to no fat reduction....so ill give cut it off the 400 and see how it goes!

Also if i reduce calories im assuming i will have to reduce those macros to? if so how much do i reduce them by to maximise/keep my muscles once the fat loss kicks in.

Really appreciate all your help as well.
    Consume protein and fats to at least their minimums (protein, about .8 gms per pound of body weight and fat about .4 gms/pound); make your calorie cut by reducing your carb intake.

BTW, I wouldn't put a lot of stock in body fat percentage obtained from any type of scan; even DEXA, the current gold standard, can be off by anywhere from 3 to 8 percent.
    No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

Consume protein and fats to at least their minimums (protein, about .8 gms per pound of body weight and fat about .4 gms/pound); make your calorie cut by reducing your carb intake.

BTW, I wouldn't put a lot of stock in body fat percentage obtained from any type of scan; even DEXA, the current gold standard, can be off by anywhere from 3 to 8 percent.
    Sweet! ill have a sit down and re do all the numbers and cut the 400 through carbs then.

And damn! i had no idea about that...i appreciate the help, i got a long road ahead of me before i hit my goal of 12 to 14% body fat....but im gonna get there!!

BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    OP- Verify numbers on MFP with package info.

MFP is notorious for inaccurate info, and it could be low-balling your actual caloric intake.
    Old, but not obsolete.
    Geezer Crew