Corpsman 91-99 & forever cmoore's Avatar
    cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Carbs: steady state vs bolus

Is there a scientific consensus on carb intake (timing) during a deficit?
    For the same daily carb intake, is there any known significant impact between eating ones daily carb in one sitting vs spreading carb intake throughout the day? With regards to hormonal/metabolic influence. Leptin? Insulin? T3/4. Etc?
    "I'm not a Ninja, but I played one on TV." -cmoore, American Ninja Warrior (ANW 7,8)

"Of all the things I lost during my cut, I miss my mind the most." -cmoore

Fgenetics15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fgenetics15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fgenetics15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fgenetics15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fgenetics15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fgenetics15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fgenetics15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fgenetics15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fgenetics15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fgenetics15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fgenetics15 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    As far as scientific consensus, not that I am aware of.
    Hell you know we cant come to any type of agreement in the nutrition/bodybuilding world.

There are all sorts of studies as to why one way is better than another as far as timing, but everyone disagrees or has a slightly different scientific perspective.
    Many people keep carbs around their workout, specifically after, so the carbs ingested will go to filling glycogen stores in muscle and liver and not be stored as fat.
    Also there any many studies that suggest we are less insulinogenic later in the day, therefore consuming larger amounts of carbs postworkout later in the day will not cause as big of spike in insulin. - This is what Kiefer backloading is more or less based around.

So with that said, there are thousands of thoughts and studies but as far as conclusive ones, we are in constant disagreement
    Great Deals on PROTEIN/SUPPS - PM me

Whether you think you can or think you cant, you are probably right!

cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thanks! Anecdotally, I seem to recover better with more carbs bolus pw but my skin hangs on me better when I spread it out in smaller dosages. Im trying to optimize and can't decide which way has more merit. Maybe I'll just bolus after brutal days and spread on easier ones.
    "I'm not a Ninja, but I played one on TV." -cmoore, American Ninja Warrior (ANW 7,8)

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by cmoore View Post

Carbs: steady state vs bolus
    IMO, it just comes down to what works best for you. The only carb timing issue I can think of is to just have enough glycogen on-board to fuel your next training session adequately. If you feel good all throughout your workout, yourdoinitright, for you.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    IMO, it just comes down to what works best for you. The only carb timing issue I can think of is to just have enough glycogen on-board to fuel your next training session adequately. If you feel good all throughout your workout, yourdoinitright, for you.
    Thanks IW. As I get deeper into this cut (300 def @ 4months now) the details seem to hit harder and harder. My strength and volume is down a tad but my energy in general is pretty good either way I eat. Just looking for strategies to help keep the progress on track.