MarioNTexas is on a distinguished road. (+10) MarioNTexas is on a distinguished road. (+10) MarioNTexas is on a distinguished road. (+10) MarioNTexas is on a distinguished road. (+10) MarioNTexas is on a distinguished road. (+10) MarioNTexas is on a distinguished road. (+10) MarioNTexas is on a distinguished road. (+10) MarioNTexas is on a distinguished road. (+10) MarioNTexas is on a distinguished road. (+10) MarioNTexas is on a distinguished road. (+10) MarioNTexas is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Tight Mid & Upper Back Muscles, after Work Out

I tend to experience tight muscles in the mid and upper back area, the next day, after working those muscles out. It's gotten to the point, now, where I don't want to get those muscles too sore, because when they get tight, the sore muscles will lock up my rib cage along the back. When that happens, I might feel a little tight chested, because I can't expand my lungs, until I'm able to pop my back along the spine. Not always easy, when your muscles are tight, from being sore. My problems are mostly with the Thoracic area.

I visit a chiropractor, at least once per month, which helps keep these issues tolerable. I just have to be sure not to visit her on a day after I've worked out, because my muscles will be stiff, which makes it more difficult for her to adjust my spine. But since I can't afford to see her on a weekly basis, I've found that regular stretching and a microwavable heating pad keep my back muscles more loose, until I can see her again. I'll even place the heating pad across the front of my rib cage and stomach, which enables me to loosen up my spine, so that certain areas along the mid and upper back will unlock back into place.

I've had these issues, with my mid and upper back, since I was a young man. Back then, when I was in much better shape, the chiropractor told me that my thoracic issues were due to muscularity.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has these issues. If so, what do you do to relieve it?
    Commitment.

IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Have you tried scapular pushups?

Another thing I do when my mid-back is hurting is I laydown on the floor one of those softball sized 'medicine balls'.
    Place it where it hurts and press back against it. Adjust the ball's position, and repeat as needed.

Not a replacement for a chiropractor, but it helps between sessions.

MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Dude, my wife says that my foam roller is like my mistress LOL. I miss this thing like hell if I can't use it for more than a few days at a time. Buy a good one for about $40 and it'll last a couple years and will change your life

One example of a move that sounds like you would greatly benefit from doing a few time per day and before/after working out:

MarioNTexas is on a distinguished road. (+10) MarioNTexas is on a distinguished road. (+10) MarioNTexas is on a distinguished road. (+10) MarioNTexas is on a distinguished road. (+10) MarioNTexas is on a distinguished road. (+10) MarioNTexas is on a distinguished road. (+10) MarioNTexas is on a distinguished road. (+10) MarioNTexas is on a distinguished road. (+10) MarioNTexas is on a distinguished road. (+10) MarioNTexas is on a distinguished road. (+10) MarioNTexas is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Great, great, great tips! Thanks fellas! Much appreciated!
    Commitment.

soupstock has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    mmmm that does sound tight