Olemissrebel12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Needs help and advice on everything....

Well if you take the time to read this then thank you. Never really asked many people that are lifters what are the right things to do so thats why I am on here. I started lifting 2 years ago. I was 6'2 and 147lbs at 17 running cross country in high school. Now going into college I wanted to bulk up for the girls and uknow all that. Well 2 years later at 19 I just did my own work outs and took what I thought was right not asking many questions. Iknow that was not the best approach but it was what I did. At the hight 3 months ago I hit 204lbs. My pre-workout was creatine and post was whey protein. I decided to get off of creatine cause I heard it was not the best way to go taking it in just stright scoops. 3 months later I am down to 196 but still look the same and seems like I can still lift the same amounts. I have been in a rut for along time now so I decided to come on her to see what I can do to advance my bodybuilding level and take it the next step. I am currently on pre-workout C4 Extreme and post workout is bodyfortess whey protein(yes Iknow... but its cheap). I eat all the right foods, eat about 6 meals aday, protein shake after workout with a footlong subway lol, and only drink water and milk. My workout schedule for days are the following:
    Lift time: 1hour
    Monday- Chest (4X 8 on 4-5 exercises)
    Tuesday- Back (4X8 on 4 back and 4X8 on 2 exercises for lower)
    Wed- Abs and forearms (10 ab exercises total and 4X8 forearms 2 exercises)
    Thur- Legs ( 4x8 2 exercises hams, 4x8 2 exercises theigh, 4x8 2 exercises caifs)
    Fri- Bi and Tri (4x8 3-4 exercises each)
    Sat- Run/Rest (2-3 miles)
    Sunday- Shoulders (4x8 4 exercises shoulders and 4x8 2 exercises traps)
    My main goal is to get to around 220lbs. I don't want to be get big but toned aswell. So there is many questions to ask yall about. Some of them maybe dumb but ive never asked many so I hope yall can understand.

1. What is the best preworkout?

2. Is C4 a good preworkout?

3. What is a good post workout?

4. Is body fortress whey protein good?

5. What are y'alls thoughts on creatine?

6. Is creatine safe for long term use?

7. What is cutting and bulking and how do you do it? (Probably the dumbest question)

8. What is the best workout schedule? (what days for what muscles)

9. How long should you workout?

10. How many days should you workout?

11. What is the best exercises you use for each muscle group?

12. How many sets and reps?

13. When should you do drop sets?

14. If my wrist are giving me problems would wrist straps solve my problem?

15. Would you suggest wearing gloves?

16. My main muscle group I need help on is my chest, any advice on exersices, tips, or anything that can help gain growth?

17. If you can think of anything else please comment and help.

Thank for your help and sorry if these questions were pointless but it helps someone like me learn and gain some knowledge on the subject.
    Last edited by Olemissrebel12; 03-26-2012 at 12:10 PM.

re4l will become famous soon enough. (+50) re4l will become famous soon enough. (+50) re4l will become famous soon enough. (+50) re4l will become famous soon enough. (+50) re4l will become famous soon enough. (+50) re4l will become famous soon enough. (+50) re4l will become famous soon enough. (+50) re4l will become famous soon enough. (+50) re4l will become famous soon enough. (+50) re4l will become famous soon enough. (+50) re4l will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I think you need to do some research your self, many of ur questions can be anwsered threw google or youtube.

Originally Posted by re4l View Post
    I think you need to do some research your self, many of ur questions can be anwsered threw google or youtube.
    Im looking for help from people that lift not researchers. Just needed a few answers from different angles on the subject.

Poontoss is not very helpful. (-500) Poontoss is not very helpful. (-500) Poontoss is not very helpful. (-500) Poontoss is not very helpful. (-500) Poontoss is not very helpful. (-500) Poontoss is not very helpful. (-500) Poontoss is not very helpful. (-500) Poontoss is not very helpful. (-500) Poontoss is not very helpful. (-500) Poontoss is not very helpful. (-500) Poontoss is not very helpful. (-500)
    Well first things first, you need to have a designated rest day. Although training is important, a large portion of your gains come from your diet and rest. As for your questions:

1. I take mesomorph and it works pretty well for me, having said that I haven't tried any other brands.

2. Don't know, haven't heard of it

3. I take 'Mammoth' by Anabolix. Once again, it has been working really well for me and as a result, I haven't been given a reason to try another brand.

4. Not sure haven't heard of it

5. Creatine is fine, just don't take an absolute ****load of it. Some people seem to think it's some kind of steroid that will make you ripped, which it doesn't. It does help though.

6. Yes it's fine as long as you don't take too much of it. It's a lot safer than it used to be.

7. Bulking is essentially the act of putting on weight. From my understanding there are two types of bulks - clean bulks and dirty bulks, I'll leave this for someone else to define though incase I give you the wrong information XD. Essentially all you need to do whilst bulking is eat over your maintanence (i.e. the number of calories you currently eat to keep you at a stable weight). The key is to consume more calories than you burn, so stick to foods like rice, pasta, milk, tuna or even a weight gainer.

Cutting on the other hand is the opposite. This is usually done after a bulk to get that toned look. On a cut you want to be eating slightly less than your maintanence.

8. Doesn't really matter what you do on what day. Although it is good to try and mix it up a bit. For instance don't work triceps and chest on one day and then work triceps and shoulders the day after. Rather you'll want to work, say, chest on Monday and shoulders on Thursday so you aren't too fatigued.

9. An hour to an hour and a half

10. I do 5 with two rest days. Personally I think anywhere between 4 and 6 days is good, but you NEED at least one rest day.

11. You want to stick to compound exercises. There's way way too many for me to list here but if you really want, send me a PM and I'll write you a program. Make sure you do deadlifts and squads though ;p.

12. For your goals, 3 - 5 sets and 3 - 4 sets/

13. Not too familiar with this one so I'll leave it for someone else.

14. Once again, not sure. Maybe run it past a PT or doctor.

15. They do help to give you grip to an extent. It varies from person to person though, some prefer gloves and other's don't.

16. Eat. Once again if you want me to write you a program, PM me.

Hope this helps man. Good luck to you.

novalypse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) novalypse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) novalypse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) novalypse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) novalypse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) novalypse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) novalypse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) novalypse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) novalypse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) novalypse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) novalypse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    All your questions can simply be answered by this book that u can download online for free, just search up : zyzz body building bible free download -
    very detailed and basic info book that will help u alot, good luck man

Thank yall and thank you poontoss, I will deff hit you up sometime. Anyone have other views or tips?