whitebelt0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whitebelt0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whitebelt0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whitebelt0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whitebelt0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whitebelt0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whitebelt0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whitebelt0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whitebelt0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whitebelt0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whitebelt0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

IIFYM - confusing???

Hey guys I read the IIFYM sticky and i'm kind of confused.

Basically I just came off a 12 week cut, went down from 170-150, but now I am going to bulk.

The problem is I can't really eat that much meat/rice/etc without getting full, so it's nearly impossible for me to eat fully clean to get above my daily tdee. Not to mention how expensive it is.

So I figured out my daily macro requirements (correct me if im wrong here)

100-150g fat

120-150g protein

300g carbs

For arguments sake, let's say for the day I had 2 protein shakes, 2 bowls of oatmeal, 2 servings of meat, some complex carbs, fruits, veggies, and cottege cheese/greek yogurt and some organic peanut butter and/or nuts

Again i'm making these numbers up but let's say that equaled :

2,000 cals

70g fat:

120g protein:

200g carbs:

So that would leave me with a deficeit of at least 30g of fat, at least 100g of carbs, and at most 30g of protein

Am I to understand that I could eat whatever I wanted to fill what's left of my macro's? Such as Mcdonalds, cupcakes, etc?? Would that not just give me back all the fat i just lost because i am eating over my caloric maintenance? or is it different now because i'm doing a weightlifting routine?

XinApoK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XinApoK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XinApoK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XinApoK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XinApoK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XinApoK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XinApoK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XinApoK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XinApoK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XinApoK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XinApoK is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    500 calories of sweet potato and 500 calories of pizza/ice cream/mcdonalds. its all the same.. that is the magic of IIFYM. you fill it with what you want. try to get foods with solid micronutrients but when it comes right down to it, you can eat anything to fill in that 500 calorie void.

Its not a diet. Its a life.
    Professional Athlete Crew
    Former D1 Athlete Crew
    Bald but dates a dime Crew

anonymous
    just make sure the majority of your diet is composed of non processed, micronutrient dense foods (for wellness, if you're only concerned with body comp you can hit your macros eating whatever you want and still get dem dere aesthetics)

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by XinApoK View Post
    500 calories of sweet potato and 500 calories of pizza/ice cream/mcdonalds. its all the same.. that is the magic of IIFYM.
    What??
    Yes... I've started a log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159357321

SOJA has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SOJA has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SOJA has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SOJA has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SOJA has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SOJA has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SOJA has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SOJA has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SOJA has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SOJA has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SOJA has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by XinApoK View Post
    500 calories of sweet potato and 500 calories of pizza/ice cream/mcdonalds. its all the same.. that is the magic of IIFYM. you fill it with what you want. try to get foods with solid micronutrients but when it comes right down to it, you can eat anything to fill in that 500 calorie void.

Its not a diet. Its a life.
    You clearly don't understand IIFYM. Your former example is also IIFYM.

fikshunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fikshunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fikshunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fikshunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fikshunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fikshunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fikshunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by whitebelt0 View Post
    So that would leave me with a deficeit of at least 30g of fat, at least 100g of carbs, and at most 30g of protein

Am I to understand that I could eat whatever I wanted to fill what's left of my macro's? Such as Mcdonalds, cupcakes, etc?? Would that not just give me back all the fat i just lost because i am eating over my caloric maintenance? or is it different now because i'm doing a weightlifting routine?
    Better planning for your diet/meals would rid the need of wondering what to 'fill the void' with.

You've done all this work to see what you need to eat, now plan what you will eat.