Mfredes22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

What should I do?

Well to start off im new to the site and Im looking for way to get into building muscle, getting ripped or whatever anyone calls it. I was a skinny kid growing up but than I had weight problems. I weighed about 205 for about 2 years and kept gaining. I decided its time to get with the program and lose weight. I hit the gym and lost 40 pounds and gained some muscle so I weighed 160ish. I was happy I kept going to the gym and lost 5 pounds so I was at 155 (This was early 2013-mid 2013). I stopped hitting the gym the whole summer. I lost 5 pounds, I don't know if it was muscle or fat who knows. My father was worried and is trying to make me gain weight because he is afraid Ill become too skinny. I myself wouldn't consider me as a 150 pound person. I am 5' 8" and don't know by bf% I would say around 25% according to the website. I did get out of the shape i was in because I get tired easier and I can't do any of the exercises i did before.

Should I start lifting weights as of now or lose more weight? I am considering making a huge change for myself before the start of college. I want to cut off my bf% to where I at least can see a six pack or something. I am hitting the gym sometime next week because Ill have the money by then.

Don't mind my face lol I didn't know what face expression to have.

First 3 pictures are now
    Last pic is late 2012-early 2013

Sorry for the long ass story.

Thanks guys!
    Attached Images

Jaywalking is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jaywalking is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jaywalking is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jaywalking is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jaywalking is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jaywalking is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jaywalking is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jaywalking is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jaywalking is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jaywalking is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jaywalking is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Body fat probably around 20-22%. I would calculate your body's macronutrient needs and start a clean bulk. Yes, start lifting weights and gaining muscle/weight. You would look better than rather if you cut, trust me. I know in you said you want a six pack, thats what most kids want at first. To get that, you're going to have to gain weight again. Coming from a previously skinnyfat person, I know how uncomfortable it is to gain weight after losing lots of fat, but you just have to go with it. Clean bulk up, and make sure you are doing an intense 5x5 program.

I'd recommend two choices: Stronglifts (easier) or ICF 5x5 (pretty intense but gaiinnnzzz)

Links:

Stronglifts: http://s3.stronglifts.com/stronglifts-5x5-report.pdf

ICF 5x5: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...8036063&page=1

From what I've read/and I'm guessing at your age, you don't want to look bodybuilder huge, just athletic and fit with a fair amount of muscle and shredded with maybe 8% bodyfat. If so, I'd bulk for maybe about a year, cut for a couple of months and with proper diet and nutrition, commitment to your training and dedication you should be able to reach your goals. Seeing as you're 17, your testosterone is raging rn so take advantage of it and START LIFTING.

Good luck.
    Clean and jerk: 242
    Snatch: 176

Mfredes22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Much appreciated man!

Jaywalking is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jaywalking is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jaywalking is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jaywalking is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jaywalking is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jaywalking is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jaywalking is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jaywalking is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jaywalking is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jaywalking is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jaywalking is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    no problem. make sure to read nutrition stickies (no one does lmao) or at least check out this channel, then plug things into the searchbox you might wanna know.

http://www.youtube.com/user/IceCreamFitness
    Clean and jerk: 242
    Snatch: 176