Closed Thread
Page 4 of 345 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast
    Chris Partlow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Chris Partlow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Chris Partlow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Chris Partlow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Chris Partlow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Chris Partlow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Chris Partlow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Chris Partlow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Chris Partlow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Chris Partlow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Chris Partlow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by guest View Post

Don't know how I got into buying repro oil-on-canvas, but I've got a few of them...Van Gogh's 5 Sunflowers, Dali's Spain. My next one is definitely going to be something by Eduard Manet, though. You can tell that whoever does the actual painting, actually is familiar with the artist...just by the texture on the canvas. Odd little hobby of mine...
    I was down in St. Petersburg for a conference last year and went to the Dali museum, absolutely amazing. He's known for his melting clocks type surrealism, but the work he did after was far more impressive IMO. Surrealism combined with his early realism style, huge canvases. Technically skilled and a unique style.

When you say oil reproductions, are they masters copies? Or more like a giclee?
    Brothers of Metal

6'2", 198lbs

guest has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Chris Partlow View Post
    I was down in St. Petersburg for a conference last year and went to the Dali museum, absolutely amazing. He's known for his melting clocks type surrealism, but the work he did after was far more impressive IMO. Surrealism combined with his early realism style, huge canvases. Technically skilled and a unique style.

When you say oil reproductions, are they masters copies? Or more like a giclee?
    They're masters copies...all painted with the same technique as the real ones. The Van Gogh, for instance has all of the thick brush strokes as the real one. They paint them after you order, and it takes a few weeks.

I wanted to go to that Dali museum, but my girl didn't want to cross the Sunshine State Skyway, lolz!
    "I think computer viruses should count as life...I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We have created life in our own image"
    - Stephen Hawking

Chris Partlow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Chris Partlow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Chris Partlow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Chris Partlow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Chris Partlow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Chris Partlow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Chris Partlow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Chris Partlow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Chris Partlow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Chris Partlow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Chris Partlow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    They're masters copies...all painted with the same technique as the real ones. The Van Gogh, for instance has all of the thick brush strokes as the real one. They paint them after you order, and it takes a few weeks.

I wanted to go to that Dali museum, but my girl didn't want to cross the Sunshine State Skyway, lolz!
    That's interesting, link to a site like that?

Bummer about the Dali museum, definitely worth checking out sometime. I just saw the Armory show in NYC, so much bullish*t
    Brothers of Metal

6'2", 198lbs

righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    In b4 Evo chop...

Back looks like a face, leg looks like a heart...you've got me looking like a Picasso, lol.

But, I've been taking Craze PWO, and it makes me not want to leave the gym. Love that stuff! Lots of rumors going on about it, though - so I just stocked up on the 3 for 2 deal they're running this week.
    lol, you are a Picasso!

Huh, I will have to try the Craze. I just chug a Rockstar, but lately I need a little boost.

Pylo workout sounds brutal. White chicks can't jump, g.

What do you do at the animal shelter? That is really cool.
    What's Going on in My Fitness Life: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148175393

guest has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Chris Partlow View Post
    That's interesting, link to a site like that?

Bummer about the Dali museum, definitely worth checking out sometime. I just saw the Armory show in NYC, so much bullish*t
    I got them from different places, but I think this is where I got the Dali
    http://www.reproduction-gallery.com/

I had to take it to a frame shop, and get it stretched and framed - so that was about another $400 in addition to the canvas. Funny thing is, a lot of his original stuff can be had fairly cheap. Obviously not the really sought after ones, but still...kind of cool to have an original Dali.

I think there was supposed to be a Munch exhibit at the Armory show, if I'm not mistaken.
    Originally Posted by righter View Post
    lol, you are a Picasso!

Huh, I will have to try the Craze. I just chug a Rockstar, but lately I need a little boost.

Pylo workout sounds brutal. White chicks can't jump, g.

What do you do at the animal shelter? That is really cool.
    I walk dogs. Spend time with them, etc. They're all so stressed being there, but this shelter (a no-kill shelter) really does everything possible to make them comfortable until they get adopted. I started out doing shelter cleaning until I was there long enough to walk dogs - which is definitely more enjoyable!
    "I think computer viruses should count as life...I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We have created life in our own image"
    - Stephen Hawking

DanND33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DanND33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DanND33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DanND33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DanND33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DanND33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DanND33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DanND33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DanND33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DanND33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DanND33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Hope your back is feeling better.
    Last edited by DanND33; 04-10-2012 at 03:28 AM.
    ...till we meet again

Chargers & Lakers Nation! New Evolution's Avatar
    New Evolution has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) New Evolution has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) New Evolution has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) New Evolution has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) New Evolution has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) New Evolution has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) New Evolution has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) New Evolution has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) New Evolution has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) New Evolution has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) New Evolution has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Random thought: why do all Indians and only Indians wear polo shirts at the gym?

(no racist)

You should ask Shayz. :}

(no wacist)

How's the back feeling today? Feeling much better?

Have a good easter man!
    If motivation comes in a liquid form, it would be dripping off my fingers tips.

They Mad I am Asian and Not Juicing Crew.

Sunday, 4/8/12
    Delts, quads, chest, tri's

Yesterday was spent resting and eating. My family did the Easter gathering yesterday, so it worked out. The only real activity I did was at the shelter. Other than that; I ate a lot, took an afternoon nap, and spent the day lounging. It definitely hit the spot, because all of the soreness had dissipated. Even better, I slept in this morning...so I was feeling like I had my share of fat-assery, and I was pretty psyched to hit the gym this evening.

Pre-w/o mood music

...one of those rare covers that blows away the original

Hammer Shoulder Press
    19x180
    7x270 <--- PR
    4x270
    9x230
    I just started doing these, so just about everything is a PR. Nonetheless, I was struggling on that 7x270.

DB Side Lateral Raises
    9x95 <--- PR
    10x85
    8x85

Cable Front Raise (single)
    12x22.5
    8x27.5
    7x27.5
    9x22.5

Front Squats
    19x135
    15x225
    15x225

Standing Freemotion Leg Ext
    20x35
    10x55
    9x55

Decline BB Bench
    16x225
    6x275
    6x275
    I actually felt like I could have done more - but I beat the last time handily, so I'm giving myself room to go up next time.

Incline DB Press
    12x110 <--- PR
    9x110
    7x110
    This made it officially a good chest day for me!

DB Flat fly's
    7x80 <--- PR
    5x80
    5x80

Skullcrushers
    25x125
    17x175 <--- PR
    15x175

Nautilus Tricep Dip
    19x270
    8x450 <--- PR
    7x450
    This is the second out of two different plate-loaded tricep dip machines I use. They're at different gyms, so I haven't gone to the other one to use the first machine in a while.

V-Bar Pushdowns
    17x100
    9x140
    7x140

I was pretty happy overall. This was probably a 2hr session, too - so I think I pushed everything sufficiently far. I've been saving up the samples of Super HD I've been getting (as much as I criticize Cellucor for their prices, giving out 10pk samples is a nice move on their part). I have 30 pills. I'll probably do 15 days of taking 2 Super HD first thing in the morning, and later in the day taking 2 Phenylcore (I bought a "buy 2 get 1" supply of them a while ago, so I've got a bunch of this stuff too). I figure that will give me a decent assessment of how well the Super HD works. Last time I tried a Cellucor burner, I was severely disappointed - so running samples is about the only way I would even try it.

Originally Posted by DanND33 View Post
    Hope you back is feeling better.
    Thanks, man! Happy Easter! Yes, the back was feeling nice and normal today. I didn't do anything (other than the front squats) to stress it today, so I'm all ready to tear it apart again tomorrow
    Originally Posted by New Evolution View Post
    You should ask Shayz. :}

(no wacist)

How's the back feeling today? Feeling much better?

Have a good easter man!
    Yes - definitely! Thanks, man...hope your Easter is great, as well

Shay is Indian (no racist)? I thought he was Arabic (no racist)...
    - Stephen Hawking

New Evolution has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) New Evolution has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) New Evolution has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) New Evolution has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) New Evolution has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) New Evolution has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) New Evolution has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) New Evolution has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) New Evolution has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) New Evolution has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) New Evolution has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Dang, how do you go so heavy on side raises? My delt would snap if I even attempt to go that heavy. Good read just in time for my shoulders and delts day in a couple hours. It will be hard since I think this is my first real workout in two weeks.

Yes, Shayz is desi not Arabic. (no wacist)

anonymous
    Nice use of front squats bro I'd love to incorporate them in my training, I just need to find a technique that's comfortable for me

Originally Posted by mysterylifter View Post
    Nice use of front squats bro I'd love to incorporate them in my training, I just need to find a technique that's comfortable for me
    x2. I don't have a comfortable grip with front squats.

Dang, how do you go so heavy on side raises? My delt would snap if I even attempt to go that heavy. Good read just in time for my shoulders and delts day in a couple hours. It will be hard since I think this is my first real workout in two weeks.

Yes, Shayz is desi not Arabic. (no wacist)
    My form isn't strict, for one thing. I keep strict form on things like seated laterals and cable laterals. When I do regular side laterals, I do break form usually...the little torso dive on the way up. I also use wrist wraps sometimes...your wrist will snap long before your delt does
    - Stephen Hawking

x2. I don't have a comfortable grip with front squats.
    Head back, point your elbows up to the ceiling, keep your back perpendicular to the floor...pretend you're sliding down a wall with your back against it into a wall sit.
    - Stephen Hawking

ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz
    Damn, came in, read 4 pages! Waiting for the highly motivating PR video's!
    US Marine Corps Vet 8 years ( 92/00 ) - Semper Fi - ★cVc★

Originally Posted by ZBlacktt View Post
    Damn, came in, read 4 pages! Waiting for the highly motivating PR video's!
    Yeah, that's something you'll never see me post in here, lol. I've sent videos to people before, but I'd never post one. It's too easy for people to connect dots of online activity, and find a way to use it against you irl (job, or whatever). You just never know, so always play things safe.
    - Stephen Hawking

Monday, 4/9/12
    Back, traps, rear delts, hams, bi's

Not a stellar day, but I did manage to best my previous workouts for each exercise (which is my goal - always). Had the day off, so I went to the park this morning for a 5 mile walk. Unfortunately, I went right near market open...had planned to ride some call options on PCLN up from the open. No decent connection at the park, so I couldn't place an order before the stock popped. Oh well - no big deal. There's worse things in life than enjoying a brisk sunny walk through the walking trails...

Pre-w/o mood music

Barbell Row
    21x135
    17x255
    9x315 <--- tied a previous PR
    3x335 <--- dropped the damn thing on the 3rd rep
    Before I did 22 reps with 225, so I figured I would bump the weight on the first set to give myself some more room to work the reps up. Added 30lbs. I think 17x255 tops the 22x225...not positive, though.

Nautilus Plate-Loaded Pulldown
    15x270
    9x360 <--- PR
    6x360
    Better than last time.

Seated Row
    13x200
    12x200
    9x200
    Better than last time.

Standing Pull-overs
    11x100
    7x115 <--- PR
    6x115
    This is my PR on this particular machine. But, cable machines vary so much that it's hard to tell.

Rope Face-Pulls
    17x97.5 <--- Tied a PR
    16x97.5
    15x97.5
    Again, I've done more on other cable machines...but this one I tied a PR.

Trap-Bar Shrugs
    19x320
    500x4 <--- Tied a PB with this weight
    11x410 <--- PR
    The bar supposedly weighs 50lbs. I guess, I technically did a 500lb deadlift to get it into position for the 4 shrugs. Felt like I was going to pass out, lol.

Deficit SLDL
    7x145
    7x145
    Experimented with doing these off the back of the deadlift platform using 25lb plates (2 per side). Not all that impressive for the weight, and it turned out to be a shiddy set up. I'm much better off doing the deficits off stacked plates, but it takes forever to stack up the plates and then unstack them when I'm done. Thought I could avoid that. Kind of a waste of a lift, though. I hit the platform on the way up and down every time.

Seated Leg Curls
    11x110
    7x150
    7x150
    Different machine than I normally use, so I wasn't really sure how to log these.

DB Hammer Curls
    6x100's <--- Tied a PR
    4x100's
    6x90's

Cable High Curls
    15x42.5
    10x50
    13x42.5
    Better than last time, anyway.

EZ Bar Preacher Curls
    7x105
    11x85
    This was a horrible lift, actually. Nowhere near my best. My forearm was killing me, though - and I didn't want to pop a ligament. Had no choice but not to push it.

Now, I'm chilling with one of these:

I'll have to take it easy on the chins tomorrow. I don't want to burn out this early in the week, so I'm going to try to recuperate as much as possible during my plyo day. Might even forego chins and dips entirely - not sure.
    - Stephen Hawking

anonymous
    Solid hammer curls bro! I'm the same with the preachers, I'm wary of doing them just because of the possibility of injury. I always feel it in my shoulder whenever I do them

Team Punishment has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Team Punishment has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Team Punishment has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Team Punishment has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Team Punishment has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Team Punishment has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Team Punishment has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Team Punishment has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Team Punishment has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Team Punishment has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Team Punishment has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    what pre workout are you using?

Solid hammer curls bro! I'm the same with the preachers, I'm wary of doing them just because of the possibility of injury. I always feel it in my shoulder whenever I do them
    Do you do them standing or seated? I feel it in my shoulder on the plate-loaded machine, but not so much with the EZ bar seated.
    Originally Posted by Team Punishment View Post
    what pre workout are you using?
    Craze + Hemovol. I know, I know - you didn't like Craze. It's got to be the most "hit or miss" supplement in the history of PWO's.
    - Stephen Hawking

Team Punishment has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Team Punishment has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Team Punishment has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Team Punishment has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Team Punishment has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Team Punishment has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Team Punishment has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Team Punishment has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Team Punishment has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Team Punishment has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Team Punishment has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Do you do them standing or seated? I feel it in my shoulder on the plate-loaded machine, but not so much with the EZ bar seated.
    Craze + Hemovol. I know, I know - you didn't like Craze. It's got to be the most "hit or miss" supplement in the history of PWO's.
    if you want my mostly full tub, (grape), let me know. No charge

ARRGH PLACEBO POWER YES!! -MarcusD-'s Avatar
    -MarcusD- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -MarcusD- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -MarcusD- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -MarcusD- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -MarcusD- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -MarcusD- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -MarcusD- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -MarcusD- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -MarcusD- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -MarcusD- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -MarcusD- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Fcking mods everywhere.

Arrrrrg pre workouts.......

Arrrg tp bolded username loooooooookssss swwwweeeeeet.

anonymous
    I do them with the EZ seated, still feel a little twinge in the shoulder though

Originally Posted by -MarcusD- View Post
    Fcking mods everywhere.

Arrrrrg pre workouts.......

Arrrg tp bolded username loooooooookssss swwwweeeeeet.

-MarcusD- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -MarcusD- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -MarcusD- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -MarcusD- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -MarcusD- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -MarcusD- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -MarcusD- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -MarcusD- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -MarcusD- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -MarcusD- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -MarcusD- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Upset mothrfcker you've never seen me upset!

I find it funny actually. Ok arrrrrrrrrg

G how often do you do 3 body parts?

anonymous

You will be upset when my Australian ass starts posting in UG

Originally Posted by Team Punishment View Post
    if you want my mostly full tub, (grape), let me know. No charge
    Thanks, man...I have 3 unopened tubs of it, lol + the one I just started. Tastes like Dimetap, doesn't it?
    Hmmm...I do have my elbows pointed outward, so that might help you out.

I do front chain/back chain. So, I either do delts/chest/quads/tri's or I do back/hams/rear delts/traps/bi's.

Pretty sure it won't phase either of us, lol.
    - Stephen Hawking

Ug wtf is that?

Post in there (serious).

anonymous
    Ug wtf is that?

Post in there (serious).
    I would be TP's first head on his belt lol

anonymous
    Hmmm...I do have my elbows pointed outward, so that might help you out.
    I will try this, I can tell you I always keep my elbows in line with my forearms so that could be why I'm feeling it

Thanks, man...I have 3 unopened tubs of it, lol + the one I just started. Tastes like Dimetap, doesn't it?
    Dimetap would bean upgrade in my opinion.

Ug wtf is that?

Post in there (serious).
    Technically, the new thread isn't a stated "competition"...so it really can't be closed to anyone. Just sayin' Free forum. I mean, I do like most of the guys in there - but...yeah, I'll leave it at that.
    I would be TP's first head on his belt lol
    He is a mod, now. He can't abuse his reps by negging you just for posting in a thread
    - Stephen Hawking

Closed Thread