Closed Thread
Page 5 of 345 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast
    guest has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by mysterylifter View Post
    I will try this, I can tell you I always keep my elbows in line with my forearms so that could be why I'm feeling it
    There you go. Think about that sagittal plane of contraction, and where your bicep inserts into your shoulder. It's a lever (ok - all bones are lever arms moved by a contracting muscle...but you get my drift - think of the lever action)

Originally Posted by Team Punishment View Post
    Dimetap would bean upgrade in my opinion.
    Well, yeah - Craze does nothing for you, whereas Dimetap will stop your runny nose, lol
    "I think computer viruses should count as life...I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We have created life in our own image"
    - Stephen Hawking

righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by guest View Post
    Monday, 4/9/12
    Back, traps, rear delts, hams, bi's

Not a stellar day, but I did manage to best my previous workouts for each exercise (which is my goal - always). Had the day off, so I went to the park this morning for a 5 mile walk. Unfortunately, I went right near market open...had planned to ride some call options on PCLN up from the open. No decent connection at the park, so I couldn't place an order before the stock popped. Oh well - no big deal. There's worse things in life than enjoying a brisk sunny walk through the walking trails...

Pre-w/o mood music

Barbell Row
    21x135
    17x255
    9x315 <--- tied a previous PR
    3x335 <--- dropped the damn thing on the 3rd rep
    Before I did 22 reps with 225, so I figured I would bump the weight on the first set to give myself some more room to work the reps up. Added 30lbs. I think 17x255 tops the 22x225...not positive, though.

Nautilus Plate-Loaded Pulldown
    15x270
    9x360 <--- PR
    6x360
    Better than last time.

Seated Row
    13x200
    12x200
    9x200
    Better than last time.

Standing Pull-overs
    11x100
    7x115 <--- PR
    6x115
    This is my PR on this particular machine. But, cable machines vary so much that it's hard to tell.

Rope Face-Pulls
    17x97.5 <--- Tied a PR
    16x97.5
    15x97.5
    Again, I've done more on other cable machines...but this one I tied a PR.

Trap-Bar Shrugs
    19x320
    500x4 <--- Tied a PB with this weight
    11x410 <--- PR
    The bar supposedly weighs 50lbs. I guess, I technically did a 500lb deadlift to get it into position for the 4 shrugs. Felt like I was going to pass out, lol.

Deficit SLDL
    7x145
    7x145
    Experimented with doing these off the back of the deadlift platform using 25lb plates (2 per side). Not all that impressive for the weight, and it turned out to be a shiddy set up. I'm much better off doing the deficits off stacked plates, but it takes forever to stack up the plates and then unstack them when I'm done. Thought I could avoid that. Kind of a waste of a lift, though. I hit the platform on the way up and down every time.

Seated Leg Curls
    11x110
    7x150
    7x150
    Different machine than I normally use, so I wasn't really sure how to log these.

DB Hammer Curls
    6x100's <--- Tied a PR
    4x100's
    6x90's

Cable High Curls
    15x42.5
    10x50
    13x42.5
    Better than last time, anyway.

EZ Bar Preacher Curls
    7x105
    11x85
    This was a horrible lift, actually. Nowhere near my best. My forearm was killing me, though - and I didn't want to pop a ligament. Had no choice but not to push it.

Now, I'm chilling with one of these:

I'll have to take it easy on the chins tomorrow. I don't want to burn out this early in the week, so I'm going to try to recuperate as much as possible during my plyo day. Might even forego chins and dips entirely - not sure.

We both did face pulls, rows and standing pullovers today, g!

Your workouts are crazy. Good job. I'm not much of a leisurely walker unless I have the camera. I'd rather bike.

I almost bought the Rockstar relax tonight ...

That's all.

What's Going on in My Fitness Life: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148175393

anonymous
    There you go. Think about that sagittal plane of contraction, and where your bicep inserts into your shoulder. It's a lever (ok - all bones are lever arms moved by a contracting muscle...but you get my drift - think of the lever action)
    You win this round, Mr Guest

:}

ARRGH PLACEBO POWER YES!! -MarcusD-'s Avatar
    -MarcusD- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -MarcusD- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -MarcusD- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -MarcusD- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -MarcusD- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -MarcusD- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -MarcusD- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -MarcusD- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -MarcusD- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -MarcusD- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -MarcusD- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by righter View Post
    we both did face pulls, rows and standing pullovers today, g! :d

your workouts are crazy. Good job. I'm not much of a leisurely walker unless i have the camera. I'd rather bike.

I almost bought the rockstar relax tonight ...

That's all.

B A B E OMeeeeegz!

righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by -MarcusD- View Post
    B A B E OMeeeeegz!
    Oh hey Babe!
    What's Going on in My Fitness Life: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148175393

Chris Partlow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Chris Partlow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Chris Partlow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Chris Partlow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Chris Partlow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Chris Partlow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Chris Partlow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Chris Partlow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Chris Partlow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Chris Partlow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Chris Partlow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    All the recent stories about preacher curls scare me. I don't do them anyway, but it seems like a common thing
    Brothers of Metal

6'2", 198lbs

anonymous
    Originally Posted by Chris Partlow View Post
    All the recent stories about preacher curls scare me. I don't do them anyway, but it seems like a common thing
    Sometimes it's just not worth the risk. It's funny it makes me feel old but when I was 17 I was throwing weights around with no form and too much weight and never felt anything. These days I do certain exercises and even with strict form I feel an injury developing lol

guest has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by righter View Post
    We both did face pulls, rows and standing pullovers today, g!

Your workouts are crazy. Good job. I'm not much of a leisurely walker unless I have the camera. I'd rather bike.

I almost bought the Rockstar relax tonight ...

That's all.

Last year, I took a lot of pictures out walking. It's especially good in the spring/early summer, because the sunlight is closer and everything is brighter. But, I prefer to go skating instead. I just haven't got around to getting some new skates yet.

Don't really like the taste of the Rockstar Relax...but it has L-theanine in it...that's definitely a good thing!

They definitely place your joints at a mechanical disadvantage! I'm definitely not a huge fan of them, but for the sake of variety I include them.
    "I think computer viruses should count as life...I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We have created life in our own image"
    - Stephen Hawking

DAVEZILLA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DAVEZILLA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DAVEZILLA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DAVEZILLA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DAVEZILLA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DAVEZILLA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DAVEZILLA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DAVEZILLA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DAVEZILLA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DAVEZILLA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DAVEZILLA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    They definitely place your joints at a mechanical disadvantage! I'm definitely not a huge fan of them, but for the sake of variety I include them.
    I actually torn my bicep doing them a few years ago...I do them now only on occasion, but when I do them I go light weight, no less than 12 reps...

SpoiledUp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SpoiledUp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SpoiledUp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SpoiledUp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SpoiledUp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SpoiledUp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SpoiledUp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SpoiledUp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SpoiledUp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SpoiledUp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SpoiledUp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I'm just here for the gang bang.

Originally Posted by DAVEZILLA View Post
    I actually torn my bicep doing them a few years ago...I do them now only on occasion, but when I do them I go light weight, no less than 12 reps...
    A wise move! In fact, I think that's probably going to be my strategy with them going forward.

Originally Posted by SpoiledUp View Post
    I'm just here for the gang bang.
    Prepare thy arnus? Saw you made your return to the virtual world! Hope all has been well.
    - Stephen Hawking

SpoiledUp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SpoiledUp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SpoiledUp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SpoiledUp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SpoiledUp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SpoiledUp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SpoiledUp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SpoiledUp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SpoiledUp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SpoiledUp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SpoiledUp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Prepare thy arnus? Saw you made your return to the virtual world! Hope all has been well.
    Work is starting to settle down, so hoping to get back in shape.

Nice log and I'm digging the volume. Keep putting in work.

Originally Posted by SpoiledUp View Post
    Work is starting to settle down, so hoping to get back in shape.

Nice log and I'm digging the volume. Keep putting in work.
    Thanks, man. I don't really think of it as "volume" in the normal sense. If you notice, I'm pretty much pushing 1 set as much as possible rather than doing 5 working sets or so. All in how you look at it, I suppose. Each session does have a large number of total sets.
    - Stephen Hawking

Chargers & Lakers Nation! New Evolution's Avatar
    New Evolution has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) New Evolution has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) New Evolution has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) New Evolution has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) New Evolution has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) New Evolution has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) New Evolution has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) New Evolution has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) New Evolution has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) New Evolution has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) New Evolution has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Good Morning UGs!!!
    If motivation comes in a liquid form, it would be dripping off my fingers tips.

They Mad I am Asian and Not Juicing Crew.

Originally Posted by New Evolution View Post
    Good Morning UGs!!!
    Cloudy and 43 degrees...wait...wrong f'king thread, dude!

- Stephen Hawking

New Evolution has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) New Evolution has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) New Evolution has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) New Evolution has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) New Evolution has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) New Evolution has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) New Evolution has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) New Evolution has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) New Evolution has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) New Evolution has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) New Evolution has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Cloudy and 43 degrees...wait...wrong f'king thread, dude!

Can I post in here?

What you got on the agenda today?

ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz
    Good Morning UGs!!!
    This, lol.... really. In on Evo journal next.
    US Marine Corps Vet 8 years ( 92/00 ) - Semper Fi - ★cVc★

-MarcusD- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -MarcusD- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -MarcusD- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -MarcusD- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -MarcusD- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -MarcusD- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -MarcusD- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -MarcusD- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -MarcusD- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -MarcusD- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -MarcusD- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    G what are you hitting tonight at the gym, besides the girl at the front desk?

Morning, cloudy and 43 degrees, oh my aches and pains, yawn, no more lol's, mod here, a mod everywhere...wait...wrong f'king thread, dude!

Fixed

Can I post in here?

What you got on the agenda today?
    I was hoping to trade my little day trade theory on PCLN, and for the first time in a month - it didn't hold up. Getting wiped out, right now! Trying to decide whether to cut and run or hold it. May expiration, so I can safely hold for about a week if I have to, lol!
    - Stephen Hawking

ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz

Fixed
    Funny how it means more to some then others.

Originally Posted by ZBlacktt View Post
    LOL My journal is inactive for the moment.

Fixed
    LOL

I was hoping to trade my little day trade theory on PCLN, and for the first time in a month - it didn't hold up. Getting wiped out, right now! Trying to decide whether to cut and run or hold it. May expiration, so I can safely hold for about a week if I have to, lol!
    Ok bro. Good luck, I think.

Thanks, man. I don't really think of it as "volume" in the normal sense. If you notice, I'm pretty much pushing 1 set as much as possible rather than doing 5 working sets or so. All in how you look at it, I suppose. Each session does have a large number of total sets.
    All in how you look at it is correct. I look at it as a training session, whether I do one, two or ten body parts.

You do realize he already has a journal, right? lolz!

Fixed
    nice catch! Different gym tonight, lolz - and it's going to be plyo...I guess. Not sure if I want to do any pull ups or dips. Might just take it easy on the arm.
    - Stephen Hawking

Funny how it means more to some then others.
    Yeah excuse me for caring about a thread that used to be fun.

Or are you talking about the mods everywhere?

Because if you're talking about that, this will get really interesting, or I will get banned :}.

Well probably in that order at least.

You do realize he already has a journal, right? lolz!
    Yes, I visit his too. But he's a sandbagger. You put out more effort.

nice catch! Different gym tonight, lolz - and it's going to be plyo...I guess. Not sure if I want to do any pull ups or dips. Might just take it easy on the arm.
    It's bothering you today, or just being safe?

Yes, I visit his too. But he's a sandbagger. You put out more effort.
    My journal is not as descriptive as guest is. I need to do better work.

Would love to see videos of guest workout, but we know this isn't going to happen.

My journal is not as descriptive as guest is. I need to do better work.

Would love to see videos of guest workout, but we know this isn't going to happen.
    I was going to do more video's soon myself. Just got a lot going on outside the gym. So I'd be sandbagging myself right now too.

I was going to do more video's soon myself. Just got a lot going on outside the gym. So I'd be sandbagging myself right now too.
    In 4 videos and more Z poses.

Keep moving forward... AlbinoGerbil's Avatar
    AlbinoGerbil has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AlbinoGerbil has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AlbinoGerbil has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AlbinoGerbil has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AlbinoGerbil has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AlbinoGerbil has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AlbinoGerbil has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AlbinoGerbil has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AlbinoGerbil has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AlbinoGerbil has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AlbinoGerbil has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Yeah excuse me for caring about a thread that used to be fun.

Or are you talking about the mods everywhere?

Because if you're talking about that, this will get really interesting, or I will get banned :}.

Well probably in that order at least.
    In b4...

Awesome log Guest.
    I can literally picture each set as described.
    Excellent weight progression. Kind of inspired me to add a bit more volume to back day.
    ★cVc★

Every sixty seconds in Africa, a minute passes.

Closed Thread