Thread: CKD IF Bulk

jellybrahmannn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jellybrahmannn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jellybrahmannn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jellybrahmannn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jellybrahmannn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

CKD IF Bulk

I want to start a ketobulk in 2-3 months. My heart is kinda set on it. Why? 1, Because I don't care a lot if I get big, I know I'll get stronger. 2, I hate how much I fart when I eat carbs. 3, I feel like garbage when I eat carbs. Now, I could smash 1-2lbs of food, and run half an hour later. Give me 85g of pasta, with sauce and meat, and it is game over for 4-6 hours. I love how I feel always ready to go. 4, this isn't a bulk as in I want to get dramatically larger. I more just want to get stronger. My knees are shot, so squating is out of the question and so are any numbers. I DL 325x3 and bench 315 @ 195lbs. I don't do weighted pullups, but I can do sets of 8 till I hit 50 and my max reps is probably 12. So I figure I should have a caloric surplus to get my strength up more.

My BMR is 2000 (I rounded up like some insignificant number) and I sit at my desk all day. So lets call minimum 2400. My workouts last about 45 minutes, so when I lift say another 300. So I figure 2700 just to maintain, 300 for a slow bulk. Mind you, I have no problem with a slow bulk since I want to maintain my keto lifestyle. There is no rush or wasted effort. I will lift just as much, either way, and I won't fret over the scale.

No for my alphabet soup. Since this will be my first keto bulk, I am not sure if it is a CKD/IF or what. I like the lean gains drink some BCAA's PreWO, then eat at 11, stop at 7 routine. So I want to maintain that. But I would rather just drink a protein shake before hand since i have 2 tubs of if from a while ago when I thought powder > steak. Forgive me I was dumb. It will include whipping cream and water since I have not found a protien powder that I can stomach with just water. Muscle milk, syntha-6, bsn, all taste like vomit going down, to me, with just water. So changing that a little.

I will try to hit an actual 3k cal at 220/220/46 (29/65/6) with 4cho pre workout, 28 post, and the remaining 14 from cheese, peanut butter, salad dressing, and veggies. My lifts will be 5x5 for the mains then I taper down to 4x8 for aux (dips), and 3x12 for extra-aux(bent lat raise). Lift at 5AM, Start eating at noon, and last bite at about 6. I will

Caveats, I will run 2x a week @ 6 miles. 3 reasons. 1, military. 2, dog. 3, I love long runs first thing in the morning when the sun is still rising. So that's 900 calories on those days. One of which will be before my depletion workout on my cheat day, so I am not too worried about that. Worst case I gotta fine something delicious and sugary to eat on the day I eat a lot of delicious and starchy foods. The other day I would probably eat like a normal person (hrs) and have breakfast, early lunch, 2nd lunch, and dinner. But I'm not set on that to any degree greater than I typed and posted it on a forum.

So what would you guys change, and why?

Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    if i were to ever bulk on keto i would do TKD + CKD for the energy to do big lifts, also drink your pshake with milk if you cant stomach water its like 10g of carbs.

jellybrahmannn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jellybrahmannn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jellybrahmannn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jellybrahmannn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jellybrahmannn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Bonkies View Post
    if i were to ever bulk on keto i would do TKD + CKD for the energy to do big lifts, also drink your pshake with milk if you cant stomach water its like 10g of carbs.
    I was thinking about calling it a CKD / TKD / IF, but I won't really be consuming any pre or post workout carbs other than the protien shake. So that didn't seem right. Also, I consider myself to be incredibly lucky since I don't have an energy problem or need carbs in the gym like a lot of people need to. And, to me, the biggest consideration is taking in 20-30g of carb pre-workout plus 15g of protein and it still count as fasted lifting for IF. Because of my schedule, and motivation at the end of the day, I need to lift in the morning. Because of my lack of will power, I need to eat in the afternoon (my 8 hour window). It just seems like making it have that TKD element would affect the IF factor too much. But, I DO NOT UNDERSTAND IF so anything you got would help me out.

I am going back and forth between milk and whipping cream. Milk has the obvious carb advantages. I've been planning out my daily intake and 3k cal is a lot more food than I am used to. Even with whipping cream it looks daunting. 24 oz of steak, 4oz sausage, 6 eggs, 2oz of cheese, 12oz of veggies, plus sauce/dressing/pb etc adds up to 2.5 lbs of food a day. That's with 3oz of whipping cream in my protien shake. I'd have to add more stuff to make up for it. Maybe ween myself onto it.

But I suppose the compromise is to add milk, and count it as TKD, then add more bacon. *Sigh*

Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    http://www.leangains.com/

everything you need to know on IF

you're allowed to have a meal before lifting on IF, as long as you fast for 16hrs/eat for 8 and your PWO meal is your biggest caloric intake.