Thread: Chest troubles!

darian67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Chest troubles!

I used to lift a lot, but back then I was overtraining and going more for strength, now I'm trying to put on mass, and have a lot better shedule +supplementing, however I am having trouble getting my chest to fill out. I would be ecstatic to finally see my chest start to bulk up, but I feel as though I'm doing something wrong, my profile pic is my most recent progress, and my chest seems slightly unproportional.. I would really appreciate some help

TalkinDaHardest is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TalkinDaHardest is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TalkinDaHardest is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TalkinDaHardest is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TalkinDaHardest is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TalkinDaHardest is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TalkinDaHardest is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TalkinDaHardest is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TalkinDaHardest is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TalkinDaHardest is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TalkinDaHardest is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    try switching to dumbells if you're using barbells for the most-part atm.

do you do weighted chest dips?

darian67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by TalkinDaHardest View Post
    try switching to dumbells if you're using barbells for the most-part atm.

do you do weighted chest dips?
    No, my workout for that day consists of shoulders and chest
    Overhead press-5 sets-6,6,8,10,12
    Upright row-5sets-8,8,10,10,12
    Lateral raise db-4sets-8,8,10,12
    Bent over lat raise-3sets-8,10,12

Incline db dots-4sets-10,10,10,10
    Benchpress-4sets, 2reverse grip-10,10,10,10
    Decline db press-4sets-10,10,10,10
    Pecdeck flushing-4sets-10,10,10,10

OllieUK has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OllieUK has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OllieUK has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OllieUK has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OllieUK has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OllieUK has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OllieUK has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OllieUK has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OllieUK has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OllieUK has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OllieUK has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Do chest first then shoulders. Your shoulders are gunna be wanked after your shoulder routine, then you're asking them to do a whole routine for chest? Not only that but you will probably overtrain your front delt if not the whole delt doing shoulders and chest on the same day.

Consider some training principles when working chest. Mind muscle connection, slow reps with no bouncing/momentum, perfect form. Use drop sets, forced reps, partial reps etc etc. Its all about the stimulus/Time under tension, not the weight/reps/sets.

SuppFiend will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuppFiend will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuppFiend will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuppFiend will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuppFiend will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuppFiend will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuppFiend will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuppFiend will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuppFiend will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuppFiend will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuppFiend will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    WEIGHTED DIPS
    along with a heavy incline based routine(DB:BB:Flys)
    another trick that helps is hammer grip incline presses i like to touch the two together and bring it down to the center of my chest, seems to work as a pretty efficent warm up for all the muscle fibers in your chest