Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BOUNTYHUNTERMK2 View Post
    This thread has been flogged to death so many times................

Bodybuilding will NEVER be mainstream. It's a niche 'sport'. End of story.
    this besides why would you want it to be mainstream, sure i'd like some of the stigma's gone of the tables but i don't want every ******** saying they're a bodybuilder

BOUNTYHUNTERMK2 is a name known to all. (+5000) BOUNTYHUNTERMK2 is a name known to all. (+5000) BOUNTYHUNTERMK2 is a name known to all. (+5000) BOUNTYHUNTERMK2 is a name known to all. (+5000) BOUNTYHUNTERMK2 is a name known to all. (+5000) BOUNTYHUNTERMK2 is a name known to all. (+5000) BOUNTYHUNTERMK2 is a name known to all. (+5000) BOUNTYHUNTERMK2 is a name known to all. (+5000) BOUNTYHUNTERMK2 is a name known to all. (+5000) BOUNTYHUNTERMK2 is a name known to all. (+5000) BOUNTYHUNTERMK2 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by TTimmerman View Post
    this besides why would you want it to be mainstream, sure i'd like some of the stigma's gone of the tables but i don't want every ******** saying they're a bodybuilder
    ''There’s this battle over waterboarding at places like Guantanamo Bay. I think that they should just say, “Hey, if you guys don’t talk, you have to see Hercules In New York.” I guarantee those guys would talk much faster. You don’t need to do waterboarding or anything else. That’s the ultimate threat.''

Arnold Schwarzenegger

Team Kai

''Well that's a kick in the gentleman relish'' MaKaiser

wala is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wala is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wala is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wala is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wala is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wala is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wala is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wala is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wala is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wala is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wala is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Haven't read posts in this thread, not sure if anyone else has said this but quite simply... I don't want BBing to go mainstream.
    IG: waldronconstruction

Bicepbraw will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bicepbraw will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bicepbraw will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bicepbraw will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bicepbraw will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bicepbraw will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bicepbraw will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bicepbraw will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bicepbraw will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bicepbraw will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bicepbraw will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by TLF84 View Post
    If the current ifbb judges fire themselves and try change the criteria as in judge on athestetics and condition and symmetry rather ugly mass monster .... It's meant to be a men's beauty contest and some of the guys are far from it eg Kevin English , branch warren etc Bring back the classic physiques
    I agree with this not being one of them crybabies who moan about today's generations and ''aesthetics''. But the body's of 1970's were much more marketable then today's. I like both though and both take hardcore and dedication, and are amazing feats.

Also, people that are saying it will never be mainstream, I disagree. Given the right marketing and presentation to the public I believe it could. Look at it now it gets zero coverage on tv, its a joke.

BOUNTYHUNTERMK2 is a name known to all. (+5000) BOUNTYHUNTERMK2 is a name known to all. (+5000) BOUNTYHUNTERMK2 is a name known to all. (+5000) BOUNTYHUNTERMK2 is a name known to all. (+5000) BOUNTYHUNTERMK2 is a name known to all. (+5000) BOUNTYHUNTERMK2 is a name known to all. (+5000) BOUNTYHUNTERMK2 is a name known to all. (+5000) BOUNTYHUNTERMK2 is a name known to all. (+5000) BOUNTYHUNTERMK2 is a name known to all. (+5000) BOUNTYHUNTERMK2 is a name known to all. (+5000) BOUNTYHUNTERMK2 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Bicepbraw View Post
    I agree with this not being one of them crybabies who moan about today's generations and ''aesthetics''. But the body's of 1970's were much more marketable then today's. I like both though and both take hardcore and dedication, and are amazing feats.

Also, people that are saying it will never be mainstream, I disagree. Given the right marketing and presentation to the public I believe it could. Look at it now it gets zero coverage on tv, its a joke.
    This topic has been debated so many times on these boards, as mentioned....

Bodybuilding will never have mass appeal, it's like trying to make curling a popular sport. It won't happen.

Exciting things gain mass appeal and to the average Joe bodybuilding contests and even a training DVD will bore the tits off 'em. Bodybuilding, to the public, is slightly less thrilling than watching paint dry. Ergo, it will never, ever be mainstream.
    ''There’s this battle over waterboarding at places like Guantanamo Bay. I think that they should just say, “Hey, if you guys don’t talk, you have to see Hercules In New York.” I guarantee those guys would talk much faster. You don’t need to do waterboarding or anything else. That’s the ultimate threat.''

Arnold Schwarzenegger

Team Kai

Groggery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Groggery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Groggery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Groggery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Groggery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Groggery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Groggery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Groggery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Groggery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Groggery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Groggery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by wala View Post
    Haven't read posts in this thread, not sure if anyone else has said this but quite simply... I don't want BBing to go mainstream.
    This.

Don't know about you folks but neither gaming nor certain music became any better after going mainstream.
    The novelty of having more people into the mix and more shiny benefits are easily outweighed by the sheer fact that human beings can be ****ing annoying.
    People these days have more reps than brain cells

RobbieBoy672 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RobbieBoy672 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RobbieBoy672 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RobbieBoy672 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RobbieBoy672 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RobbieBoy672 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RobbieBoy672 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RobbieBoy672 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RobbieBoy672 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RobbieBoy672 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RobbieBoy672 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    One thing that would be awesome about it going mainstream is that I would actually know other people who follow it. I am literally the only bodybuilding fan in my entire 2000 + person high school. It kind of sucks that the only way to discuss the sport for me is over the internet.

BTW this is what happened when bodybuilding tried to go mainstream...

http://www.getbig.com/articles/faq-wbf.htm

Be careful what you wish for....

Arnold Schwarzenegger

Team Kai

Registered physio(almost) wjs010's Avatar
    wjs010 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wjs010 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wjs010 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wjs010 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wjs010 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wjs010 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wjs010 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wjs010 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wjs010 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wjs010 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wjs010 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    In the early 90s there was mainstream bodybuilding. Vince McMahon who owned wwf also tried it with wbf, world bodybuilding federation I believe. Danny Padilla comes to my mind when I think of it. Just check it out.

The Olympia used to be on espn when Ronnie was the champ.

But why is it not more mainstream now? Because people alwAys say one thing even more than cell tech when talking about bodybuilding. " man those thongs are super gay" does it make me want to choke them? Of course truth is, you gotta be a "different" person to be a bb. And too many of America are farrrr too insecure to watch a bunch of great physiques flexing on stage. The insecurity and jealousy of the pros becomes obvious when the steroids excuse pops up. But the average joe thinks a shredded natural pro, ie layne norton, is also juicing do its all relative. Jealousy and insecurity can really change ones mind.

diable has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) diable has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) diable has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) diable has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) diable has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) diable has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) diable has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) diable has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Boba_Bulk View Post
    Pardon my naivety because I don't use drugs or know a lot about them, but weren't steroids always illegal?
    Nope. Back in Arnold and Haney's day a doc could write you a prescription for steroids. That's why the old guys say they never took "illegal" drugs. Steroids were banned in 1990 when the Anabolic Steroids Control Act passed

diable has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) diable has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) diable has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) diable has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) diable has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) diable has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) diable has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) diable has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Bodybuilding could go mainstream if its combined with strongman. People know a car is heavy so in turn they know a guy is strong if he can lift the rear end or pull a truck. But the guys have to look the part, no more muscle fattys. If the average strongman looked like Jay Cutler in the off season the sport would explode.

Strongman could be the next MMA if the competitors looked like bodybuilders and not viking Homer Simpson's, lol.

Originally Posted by diable View Post
    Bodybuilding could go mainstream if its combined with strongman. People know a car is heavy so in turn they know a guy is strong if he can lift the rear end or pull a truck. But the guys have to look the part, no more muscle fattys. If the average strongman looked like Jay Cutler in the off season the sport would explode.

Strongman could be the next MMA if the competitors looked like bodybuilders and not viking Homer Simpson's, lol.

Arnold Schwarzenegger

Team Kai

HiJacked is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HiJacked is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HiJacked is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HiJacked is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HiJacked is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HiJacked is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HiJacked is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HiJacked is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HiJacked is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HiJacked is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HiJacked is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    more emphasis needs to be placed on the routine, poor unthought routines = serious mark down

it needs to be seen as an art, rather than a bunch of juiced up freaks being angry on stage. (this is how the general public see it)
    Last edited by HiJacked; 03-26-2012 at 04:04 AM.

hugeaiden is just really nice. (+1000) hugeaiden is just really nice. (+1000) hugeaiden is just really nice. (+1000) hugeaiden is just really nice. (+1000) hugeaiden is just really nice. (+1000) hugeaiden is just really nice. (+1000) hugeaiden is just really nice. (+1000) hugeaiden is just really nice. (+1000) hugeaiden is just really nice. (+1000) hugeaiden is just really nice. (+1000) hugeaiden is just really nice. (+1000)
    Tbh it's gay and boring to watch, you cannot fix that

MegaLex88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MegaLex88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MegaLex88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MegaLex88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MegaLex88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MegaLex88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MegaLex88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MegaLex88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MegaLex88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MegaLex88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MegaLex88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I like that its not mainstream. I hate when something becomes mainstream like dubstep... it gets ruined, everyone thinks they are a damn expert, it gets nit-picked by those who know nothing... I mean bodybuilding is just not something you can understand unless you actally do it and the average gym user (which is what we all are to begin with) stops in the first 3months.
    Most people don't relise it takes hours, days, weeks and years of working out, perfecting your diet, creating your own programme, researching bodybuilding/health/exercising, spending a load of your money on supplements/protein every month, taking the jokes from the many non-gym goers about going gym and not having that second pint or kebab, smoke, ect.... The mental energy it take to push out the next rep and the will power and enjoyment it brings to keep at it.

TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ^^ nailed it

mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by HydroShake View Post
    nope. dbol used to be sold at gas stations. they were marketed as a wellness supplement and i think people used them when they had a cold.
    That was ephedrine, not dbol.

jld010 is just really nice. (+1000) jld010 is just really nice. (+1000) jld010 is just really nice. (+1000) jld010 is just really nice. (+1000) jld010 is just really nice. (+1000) jld010 is just really nice. (+1000) jld010 is just really nice. (+1000) jld010 is just really nice. (+1000) jld010 is just really nice. (+1000) jld010 is just really nice. (+1000) jld010 is just really nice. (+1000)
    well for starters, be veeery strict on the Gh/insulin gut issue. If you have a gut, you going to get penalised heavily. We cant have these fat overgrown bellies being seen on the stage, thats what puts alot of ppl off. BBuilding really started regressing from the 2000 onwards, maybe its picking up again, idk, i guess im still stuck in the 90s. But really, it jsut doesnt appeal to me anymore.