summer883 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) summer883 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) summer883 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) summer883 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) summer883 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) summer883 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) summer883 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) summer883 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) summer883 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) summer883 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) summer883 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

anyone run at night??

Hey everyone!

I am always one to get working out over with in the morning.. especially running. For some reason I find it difficult, maybe because of all the food from that day in my stomach? IDK! but I have been going to the gym after work sometimes (around 8:30 PM) and tomorrow night I plan to do 45-60 minutes of running while incorporating hill sprints for 20 minutes.

Any tips for runner at night? Foods to avoid, what to eat before and after?.. I don't know if I'd want a big meal after at 10:00

Any advice is greatly appreciated Thanks!

LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I usually do both my lifting and running at night. For running, you really have to play around with it to see what works for you. Generally, don't eat for 1-2 hours (2+ is best for me) beforehand. Fiber can cause stomach upset, and proteins and fats take longer to digest, so just be sure you aren't full up on them when you run.

I always spread my cals out to have plenty left for a protein smoothie with banana after my workouts at night.

pinklush is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pinklush is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pinklush is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pinklush is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pinklush is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pinklush is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pinklush is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pinklush is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pinklush is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pinklush is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pinklush is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by LunicaAshes View Post
    I usually do both my lifting and running at night. For running, you really have to play around with it to see what works for you. Generally, don't eat for 1-2 hours (2+ is best for me) beforehand. Fiber can cause stomach upset, and proteins and fats take longer to digest, so just be sure you aren't full up on them when you run.

I always spread my cals out to have plenty left for a protein smoothie with banana after my workouts at night.
    ^^^^ This tends to work well for me as well.
    I'm an OR nurse and work odd hours and end up just cramming my lifting and running when I can. Opting for a protein shake and/or light salad and banana usually settles well regardless of what time I finish.

lovefruits has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lovefruits has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I used to running at night! after running I like to do some strething ^^
    its easier to get fat if you eat any big meal after 8pm.

summer883 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) summer883 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) summer883 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) summer883 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) summer883 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) summer883 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) summer883 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) summer883 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) summer883 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) summer883 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) summer883 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks everyone! I had my big meals in the morning/afternoon and kinda tapered off at night and ate my 2nd to last meal at around 5... then did my run from 8:30-9:30 and it worked out great

LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by lovefruits View Post
    I used to running at night! after running I like to do some strething ^^
    its easier to get fat if you eat any big meal after 8pm.
    No it's not, it just happens when people don't track. I always track and plan to be sure I can have cals at night.