Thread: Planks everyday

EXTRMENINJA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Planks everyday

Is it detrimental to do three sets of the plank exercise for 1 min 40 seconds per set everyday? I have been told that you shouldn't exercise the same muscle everyday but I have also read that the plank can be done everyday? Also will doing three sets of the plank allow me to do it for longer if I keep at it?

Team MuscleTech Rep MuscleTechMarc's Avatar
    MuscleTechMarc will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleTechMarc will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleTechMarc will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleTechMarc will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleTechMarc will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleTechMarc will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleTechMarc will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleTechMarc will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleTechMarc will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleTechMarc will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleTechMarc will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The plank is a good static endurance-type activity so I don't think it would be detrimental to your progress.
    If you are soar in the stomach or low-back you might want to lay off for a day but otherwise should be fine.

And yes you should try to challenge your times and hold it for longer...

EXTRMENINJA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by MuscleTechMarc View Post
    The plank is a good static endurance-type activity so I don't think it would be detrimental to your progress.
    If you are soar in the stomach or low-back you might want to lay off for a day but otherwise should be fine.

And yes you should try to challenge your times and hold it for longer...
    Great . How often should I increase the time? Every few days perhaps?

tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I doubt it, but it's probably not necessary either. If you notice your lifts being affected by it, then scale back to 3x a week.

Answer to the second question is yes.