Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

Cucumber24 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Newbie in desperate need of help!

Hey there,
    Ive just recently joined the forum for some much needed help and advice. Im a 24 year old female, 5'3 and im 63 kilos and i want to build muscle but burn fat. I have been working out for a few months now but havent noticed much of a difference in my weight and my physique.

I have a big ass and boobs and hips that i desperately want to lose but nothing is working...clean diet an endless hours of cardio arent doing it!!
    I do half an hour of weights an then another half an hour of cardio. My diet is usually, oat meal in the mornings, healthy wraps for lunch, and tuna an turkey for dinner, with healthy snacks on the side like low fat yoghurt, rice cakes, fruit etc an im drinking heaps of water aswell. But again no results even with this diet...im still the 63 kilo girl with a fat ass and hips i cant seem to lose weight on

I have cut out junk food completely but the only time it feels like i lose weight is when i practically starve myself and the only result im happy with is im getting abit stronger with in my muscles but still havent moved up to bigger weights.....im so stuck and dont know what to do??
    Can anyone help me out here or tell me where im going wrong?

Cheers

Stats: 5'9", 180 lbs
    BodyPoints: 1717
    big lew has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) big lew has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) big lew has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) big lew has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) big lew has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) big lew has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) big lew has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) big lew has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) big lew has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) big lew has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) big lew has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit big lew's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by Cucumber24 View Post
    Hey there,
    Ive just recently joined the forum for some much needed help and advice. Im a 24 year old female, 5'3 and im 63 kilos and i want to build muscle but burn fat. I have been working out for a few months now but havent noticed much of a difference in my weight and my physique.

I have a big ass and boobs and hips that i desperately want to lose but nothing is working...clean diet an endless hours of cardio arent doing it!!
    I do half an hour of weights an then another half an hour of cardio. My diet is usually, oat meal in the mornings, healthy wraps for lunch, and tuna an turkey for dinner, with healthy snacks on the side like low fat yoghurt, rice cakes, fruit etc an im drinking heaps of water aswell. But again no results even with this diet...im still the 63 kilo girl with a fat ass and hips i cant seem to lose weight on

I have cut out junk food completely but the only time it feels like i lose weight is when i practically starve myself and the only result im happy with is im getting abit stronger with in my muscles but still havent moved up to bigger weights.....im so stuck and dont know what to do??
    Can anyone help me out here or tell me where im going wrong?

Cheers
    You will need to find your maintenance caloric needs. Then take 10-15% off that. If you don't know exactly what you are eating, there is not way to be sure you not swinging to far one way or the other.
    You can find out how to calculate your TDEE here:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703981
    Max Fit Consulting
    Contest Prep Coaching

Certified Personal Trainer- NCSF
    Sports Nutrition -NCSF
    Certified Personal Trainer- AFFA

Cucumber24 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    im consuming 1500 calories a day and my weekly intake of carbs is 42%, 32% protein, and 26 % fat.....if thats anymore of a help?

Zoukero has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Zoukero has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Zoukero has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Zoukero has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Zoukero has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Zoukero has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Zoukero has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Zoukero has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Zoukero has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Zoukero has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Zoukero has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Visit Zoukero's BodySpace
    Endless cardio doesnt always burn that much fat. It is good for circulation heart and endurance. maybe if you try focusing more on building more muscle and repetitions to tone your body(moderate muscle that is) Building more muscle takes some of your fat away maybe more effectively than the tread mill and also makes you use more energy during the day. Remember than muscle is heavier than fat so the scales wont tell you much. watch your physique instead. If you go to a gym have you tried going to classes they are fun and in general they are well balanced in different exercises. Just remember that they take a few weeks to be able to keep up with the rest of the class. if you find the classes a little challenging that means you will see more results when you can keep up. Best of luck.

Stats: 5'4", 115 lbs
    Laaaren03 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Laaaren03 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Laaaren03 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Laaaren03 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Laaaren03 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Laaaren03 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Laaaren03 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Laaaren03 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Laaaren03 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Laaaren03 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Laaaren03 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Visit Laaaren03's BodySpace
    I agree with Zoukero. Muscle mass is very important in fat burning. Muscle will increase fat burning by increasing your bodies ability to metabolize calories. You also want to make sure you are not starving yourself. If you do this when you do consume a meal your body will store as fat incase it goes into starvation mode again. Its important to eat moslt protein, then carbs then oil. My meals look like this. 4-6oz of a lean meat like chicken or fish. 2-4 oz of carbs and a tblspoon of oil (so I eat 4 oz shredded chicken on 2 corn tortillas with a cup and half of salad greans with balsalmic vinager and olive oil. Its important to create a routine that your body gets used to. Once your body is made aware it will be giving the needed resources it will begin to let go of the unwanted fat.
    L.A. (Lauren Allen)
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." -Albert Einstein