WizMofo is a name known to all. (+5000) WizMofo is a name known to all. (+5000) WizMofo is a name known to all. (+5000) WizMofo is a name known to all. (+5000) WizMofo is a name known to all. (+5000) WizMofo is a name known to all. (+5000) WizMofo is a name known to all. (+5000) WizMofo is a name known to all. (+5000) WizMofo is a name known to all. (+5000) WizMofo is a name known to all. (+5000) WizMofo is a name known to all. (+5000)

Starting from step 1, what do you wish you would have known earlier about BB?

If you have just now started bodybuilding and have no prior experience or knowledge at all, what knowledge about bodybuilding would you wish to have from the start that you may have not learned until later? Correct form, nutrition, a certain workout plan? Anything it may be...I want to hear it.

Apocalypto08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Apocalypto08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Apocalypto08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Apocalypto08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Apocalypto08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Apocalypto08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Apocalypto08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Apocalypto08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Apocalypto08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Apocalypto08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Apocalypto08 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I wish I would've realized how little I knew about what I was doing. I wanted to make my own workout routine so bad, and even when I found a pre-made one, I'd mess with it or merge like three or four routines I thought I'd liked. I started making some real gains once I sucked up my ego and did as I was asked.

Also, I'm glad I never bothered much with forced reps. When you go five reps past failure on bench, all you're doing is making your spotter curl more weight.
    Current Log - Lean Massing with BSN's CellMass 2.0!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148726123

Completed Log - Post-Workout Nutrition with Controlled Labs' Gold Feast!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147424433&p=934249243#post934249243

Completed Log - Leveling Up with BSN's EvoTest!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146527243&pagenumber=

Completed Log - Controlled Labs' White Blood 2!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142125661

Bodybuilding Success Coolcicada's Avatar
    Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Doing the compound exercises to build base strength.

And...

I neglected legs for the better part of a year.
    Misc Cologne Crew

WizMofo is a name known to all. (+5000) WizMofo is a name known to all. (+5000) WizMofo is a name known to all. (+5000) WizMofo is a name known to all. (+5000) WizMofo is a name known to all. (+5000) WizMofo is a name known to all. (+5000) WizMofo is a name known to all. (+5000) WizMofo is a name known to all. (+5000) WizMofo is a name known to all. (+5000) WizMofo is a name known to all. (+5000) WizMofo is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Apocalypto08 View Post
    Also, I'm glad I never bothered much with forced reps. When you go five reps past failure on bench, all you're doing is making your spotter curl more weight.
    That's something I agree/disagree on...A good spotter will make you push out an extra set or two even if you think you can't do it. I always try to go to failure though, maybe just something I prefer.

And YES! I used to do the same thing, I was bad about just skipping the things on my routine that I didn't like and I would sometimes do chest and biceps 3 to 4 times a week HAHA

aweir3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aweir3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aweir3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aweir3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aweir3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aweir3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aweir3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aweir3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aweir3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aweir3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aweir3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yea Basicly that leg workouts are just as important as any other. and make sure u have at least 1 rest day per week.

Originally Posted by Coolcicada View Post
    Doing the compound exercises to build base strength.

And...

I neglected legs for the better part of a year.

Unfortunately, I have only learned this about 2 months ago.... but I've now switched to having two leg days instead of just one for every 5-6 day cycle.

Ensix is a name known to all. (+5000) Ensix is a name known to all. (+5000) Ensix is a name known to all. (+5000) Ensix is a name known to all. (+5000) Ensix is a name known to all. (+5000) Ensix is a name known to all. (+5000) Ensix is a name known to all. (+5000) Ensix is a name known to all. (+5000) Ensix is a name known to all. (+5000) Ensix is a name known to all. (+5000) Ensix is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I didn't do deadlift and squat at all, and because of that my squat and deadlift are pathetic right now.

SeeOtter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SeeOtter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SeeOtter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SeeOtter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SeeOtter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SeeOtter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SeeOtter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SeeOtter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The weights for deadlifts are in kilograms, not pounds. I hated myself for awhile because I thought I was ridiculously weak.