4nt0n10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation About to begin bulking, freaking out!

Hey guys

I'm new as hell to all this. Posted previously didn't get no replies though.

So needless to say this site is a godsend. I have been looking at threads all day long and gathered some useful advice and info.

I have come to the conclusion that I believe I need to bulk
    I am 21 years old, 5'10, and weigh 149lbs
    My body fat % is 20.3%

My concern is that I'm going to gain a high amount of weight that is fat, my diet is pretty good thus far I think. Opinions vary, but should I do a clean bulk? (read that some dudes don't even believe in a difference between clean bulking and regular bulking)

Just curious for suggestion before I begin my journey of bulking
    Just nerve wrecked cause I am not flabby in any sort, very little muscle definition though.
    But I have seen progress, I began at 143 about 5 months ago, not too significant progress but hey I had no set rhythms or methods.

Thing is I can't see my abs much only top 4, should I expect this when bulking? I just don't wanna feel like a fat ass and be embarrassed to undress. Or is this something I have to stick it out through?

Also my buddy told me I should bulk to 175. That sufficient or overboard?

Thanks in advance and sorry if I sound like a total ****!nG ignorant newbie

wagarb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    1. Highly doubt your BF is 20% with that height and weight/being able to even see abs.

2. You are have no weight on you to cut to so the only thing you can do is bulk. The faster you get to 175 the better. Then you can cut. In fact I would go even higher and then cut.

3. Just eat whatever you want right now. Try to gain 1-2 pounds month.

justinjude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) justinjude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) justinjude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) justinjude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) justinjude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) justinjude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) justinjude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) justinjude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) justinjude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) justinjude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) justinjude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by 4nt0n10 View Post
    Hey guys

So needless to say this site is a godsend. I have been looking at threads all day long and gathered some useful advice and info.

My body fat % is 20.3%

My concern is that I'm going to gain a high amount of weight that is fat, my diet is pretty good thus far I think. Opinions vary, but should I do a clean bulk? (read that some dudes don't even believe in a difference between clean bulking and regular bulking)

Just nerve wrecked cause I am not flabby in any sort, very little muscle definition though.
    But I have seen progress, I began at 143 about 5 months ago, not too significant progress but hey I had no set rhythms or methods.

Thing is I can't see my abs much only top 4, should I expect this when bulking? I just don't wanna feel like a fat ass and be embarrassed to undress. Or is this something I have to stick it out through?

The first thing you need to do is post pics of yourself front and back, and get a bf estimate.

Then, calculate your BMR using said bf.

Then, come back and we can chat.

One step at a time yo
    NASM CPT, CES
    OHP/B/S/D: 165/210/345/405
    Twitch affiliate- http://tycuna.tv
    ~Barefooters Crew~

DONATE TO ST JUDES (GTFIH)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166820651

colts4169 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) colts4169 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) colts4169 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) colts4169 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) colts4169 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) colts4169 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) colts4169 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) colts4169 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) colts4169 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) colts4169 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) colts4169 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hey man, im no expert but maybe i can give u what i know.
    First, its always hard to tell what someone elses diet should be because it really depends on bodytype/metabolism. In other words i dont think anyone can tell you over the internet what you should do.

Since you are just getting started(5 months i think u said) you should be able to put on some serious muscle very fast. However if you are concerned about gaining fat i would definatly do a clean bulk. Personally I always eat clean no matter what. I find low carb diet works best for me when trying to keep fat off and building muscle. You gotta find what works for u tho man. Get your protein from good lean sources of meat, get good fats and then eat as many carbs as you need to gain/lose or maintain weight(thats the way i do it anyway). I keep my protein and fats pretty constant

I usually have about my 1g of protein for every pound of bodyweight.
    slightly above .5g of fat per pound of bodyweight
    and about 220-240 carbs to somewhat maintain fat while still building muscle(lower it to lose fat and raise it to build more muscle)

Experiment and see what works. Make sure your carbs are slow digesting except get yourself a pile of fast digesting carbs for your post workout meal(as well as whey protein and possibly creatine) so you can build muscle. I usually have about 60g if maintaining and 75-90 if bulking or after a leg or back day. Meal timing is key to build muscle and lose fat.

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    At 21 with a good training program eat when hungry and you'll put on little bodyfat.

That was my recipe at 21 when all I knew was I liked to lift weights and eat.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

Thanks for reply, I appreciate it man

Perhaps my method of measurement of my BF was incorrect. I'd post a pic but I'm writing this via my iPhone
    I know I got no weight on me to cut so I will bulk
    What is the ideal weight you think I should go to? 185?

I'll try to eat lean, clean, natural foods and not over do myself with un nutritious things (no
    Sodas, candies, fast foods, etc) cause I could go crazy eating anything I so pleased but I just I suppose am concerned with the visual appearance of myself while I work toward my ultimate bulked weight.
    I'm just curious how others experienced their bulkening

Thanks again

Thanks colts4169 I appreciate all your advice and wisdom,
    I began 5 months ago with no set program and no nutritional awareness. I just began eating more and from lean wholesome sources. So i am considering now my starting point because I now have a set program.

Soon I get home from work I will grab hold of my Mac and post photos front to back do you guys can give me an estimate. Should I snap sideways photos too? Arms?

Sorry all the questions

colts4169 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) colts4169 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) colts4169 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) colts4169 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) colts4169 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) colts4169 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) colts4169 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) colts4169 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) colts4169 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) colts4169 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) colts4169 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks colts4169 I appreciate all your advice and wisdom,
    I began 5 months ago with no set program and no nutritional awareness. I just began eating more and from lean wholesome sources. So i am considering now my starting point because I now have a set program.

Soon I get home from work I will grab hold of my Mac and post photos front to back do you guys can give me an estimate. Should I snap sideways photos too? Arms?

Sorry all the questions
    no problem man

You gotta find what works for you remember. Everyone is different. Maybe u can pack in the carbs and not gain fat. Experiment and have fun man

Good luck
    There are 86,400 seconds in a day... but this means nothing to you if you don't know how to use them. Make it count

If the wind will not serve, take to the oars

Photos

Here are some photos
    the first photo is from October 2011

The other two are from 2 weeks ago.

I see visual differences.

anyway BF estimation anyone?
    Attached Images

justinjude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) justinjude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) justinjude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) justinjude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) justinjude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) justinjude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) justinjude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) justinjude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) justinjude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) justinjude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) justinjude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Like, 11-12?

Someone else may give a better estimate
    NASM CPT, CES
    ~Barefooters Crew~

whoa really that low??

that's way different then when I was measured, maybe my buddy is a dumbfucl< and gave me incorrect numbers.

Is 11-12% ideal when beginning to bulk? What do you think my BF percentile will jolt to as I progress? I know it's hard to give estimations via the web just generally will the percentile rise significantly?

Thanks for the reply man

UTSoccerbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UTSoccerbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UTSoccerbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UTSoccerbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UTSoccerbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UTSoccerbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UTSoccerbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UTSoccerbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UTSoccerbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UTSoccerbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UTSoccerbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Bulk, dude, but bulk slowly. Just eat like 10-20% over your TDEE and have some fun watching your lifts go up.
    Bench: 395 Squat: 440 DL: 590

Texas Crew

I'mma bulk the hell up

I know I am gonna be pleased after all the bulkening to see my lifts rise like crazy!
    Hella ecstatic
    Thanks for replying.

I'mma bulk the hell up

I know I am gonna be pleased after all the bulkening to see my lifts rise like crazy!
    Hella ecstatic
    Thanks for replying.

Just know that you'll more than likely lose that definition as you bulk, so don't let that ruin your goals
    NASM CPT, CES
    ~Barefooters Crew~

Originally Posted by justinjude View Post
    Just know that you'll more than likely lose that definition as you bulk, so don't let that ruin your goals
    Right which is probably the thing that is freaking me out the most
    Not that I so damn defined or anything but I don't wanna look like a fat ass while I bulk, I just don't want a gut or anything you know? So that why I will try to stay with wholesome foods and hopefully that can assist in not making me look awful while I bulken.

I guess I have to just get it through my head that I will loose ab definition and my lower V thing.
    Which sucks but once I reach my bulked weight I can then cut to remove excess fat correct?

liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000) liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000) liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000) liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000) liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000) liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000) liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000) liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000) liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000) liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000) liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hey guys

My body fat % is 20.3%

As a guy who is also 5'10 I highly doubt at 150 lbs you are 20% bodyfat.

rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Tommy W. View Post
    At 21 with a good training program eat when hungry and you'll put on little bodyfat.

That was my recipe at 21 when all I knew was I liked to lift weights and eat.
    Listen to this^^!

Do you have a good training program? If not GET one, stop with the rest and start working out, you can worry about your belly showing from your diet later, go gain some muscle!!!

Originally Posted by liuzhoudragon View Post
    As a guy who is also 5'10 I highly doubt at 150 lbs you are 20% bodyfat.
    I posted 3 photos above and my 20% estimation was incorrect. The dude above estimated 11 to 12%

Originally Posted by rand18m View Post
    Listen to this^^!

Do you have a good training program? If not GET one, stop with the rest and start working out, you can worry about your belly showing from your diet later, go gain some muscle!!!
    Yeah I just began a program literally. I was all over the place with no set training program. So now my mantra will be eat, eat, eat and lift!! And no worrying about excess fat just put on muscle.

Flyin Ryan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flyin Ryan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flyin Ryan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flyin Ryan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flyin Ryan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flyin Ryan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flyin Ryan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flyin Ryan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flyin Ryan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flyin Ryan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flyin Ryan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    1. Stop wasting valuable time and bulk. Do it right, and you'll still look solid 20-30 pounds later.
    2. Put some pants on.
    Upgraded from "curls for the girls" to "rows for the hoes".

Ryan's Supp. Stack
    ----------------------
    r2's WILLpower -- now completely free of bitchassness!

Watchout Ur Comments Bro TXmade23's Avatar
    TXmade23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TXmade23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TXmade23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TXmade23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TXmade23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TXmade23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TXmade23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TXmade23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TXmade23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TXmade23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TXmade23 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    who cares about fat. you will cut it off. eat tons of food and gain weight then worry about fat.
    ☆☆☆WMF ¢яєω☆☆☆
    ☆☆☆RIP Bяandon Goode ¢яєω☆☆☆
    ☆☆☆iPushFatKids is a ******* ¢яєω☆☆☆

Ok so my bulking begins!!!
    I'll update and check in with progress

And Lmao bout the pants I was just outta the shower so I snapped photos.

Thanks for all the replies