Thread: Muscle soreness

Jr11114 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Muscle soreness

Muscle soreness
    Hi everyone, I am new to the site so hopefully I am in the right spot and someone can answer my question. Now here's the story I've been weight lifting on and off for awhile now. I am now finally steady in the gym with a decent workout routine and been lifting hard for 3 months now! My question is should I always get a burn on my muscles and be a little sore the next day? I up my weights Atleast once a week and I always lift untill failure till I can't lift anymore! I use to always feel whatever body Parts I worked out burn real good and be sore the next day. Lately I haven't got that burn or soreness as bad, and to be honest I kind of miss it haha. But like I said I always lift to failure but don't feel the same burn I use to anymore! Can you guys tell me If this is normal ?? And if not how I can fix it?! Thank you a lot and btw this is a awesome site!!

IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If for some reason you particularly want soreness, try 10 sets of 3. I wouldn't train that way every time, but it sure kicks your ass and makes you sore.

handyman89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) handyman89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) handyman89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) handyman89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) handyman89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) handyman89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) handyman89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) handyman89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) handyman89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) handyman89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) handyman89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Thats normal your body is adapting.. try changing up your routine a bit dont keep doing the exact same thing for 3 months.. maybe reverse the order in which you do things to ex.. instead of starting with flat bench on chest day try starting with incline.. or try using dumbells etc. keep experimenting with your routines
    "Work spares us from three evils: boredom, vice, and need".
    "waking up is the second hardest thing in the morning"
    I rep back sometimes

Iceman1981's BBing Blog: http://www.LegendsOfBodybuilding.com

Thanks for the feed back I really appriciate any help I can get! Also ****y part is I still have a small gut and wana get rid of it before summer! I've been eating healthy and lifting and small cardio here and there and I'm def gettin bigger as in muscle gains. I just can't lose the belly and I don't wana do a **** load of cardio and start losein some of my muscle gains! I wish I could figure something out. But im def loving my new muscle gains!!

Sokku has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just keep to your workout routine and slowly add more cardio into your workout routine. Your small belly will melt off in time. Eating healthy and staying away from junk food helps too!

But keep in mind, if you want to keep maintaining your muscle gains, your going to want a little bit of fat somewhere.

Me for example... I used to have cheese grader abs ( a 6 pack :P ). But now it is barely visible. I am a ecto / mesomorph so my body burns calories relatively quickly. So since I am trying to bodybuild, it is actually a good thing that I have a little extra fat stored away so that if I cannot make a meal or something, my body will have extra storage to use instead of eat away at my muscle.
    - Steven :)

*** It doesn't get easier, you just get STRONGER ***

Team MuscleTech Rep MuscleTechIan's Avatar
    MuscleTechIan will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleTechIan will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleTechIan will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleTechIan will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleTechIan will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleTechIan will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleTechIan will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleTechIan will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleTechIan will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleTechIan will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleTechIan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Well said handyman,

Muscle confusion is one of the best ways to get that sore feeling after training. I find that I have to change my chest routine in particular pretty frequently if I want to feel it the next day.
    Team MuscleTech Rep

Support Team MuscleTech and Vote NeuroCore for Supplement of the Year! - http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/2012-supplement-awards.html

********.com/MuscleTech | Twitter.com/TeamMuscleTech | Twitter.com/MuscleTechDeals | YouTube.com/TeamMuscleTechVideos | Groups.bodybuilding.com/Team_MuscleTech

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Jr11114 View Post
    Can you guys tell me If this is normal ?? And if not how I can fix it?! Thank you a lot and btw this is a awesome site!!
    Muscle soreness isn't a requirement for strength/mass increase.

Are you lifting more weight/getting more reps than the previous workout, and doing so on a fairly consistent basis? If so, there's nothing to "fix." Keep working hard to lift more weight with good form.

Progression is the engine that drives growth, not 'soreness,' or 'the burn,' or 'the pump.'
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Registered User fightingfalcn91's Avatar
    fightingfalcn91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fightingfalcn91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fightingfalcn91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fightingfalcn91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fightingfalcn91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fightingfalcn91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fightingfalcn91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fightingfalcn91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fightingfalcn91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fightingfalcn91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fightingfalcn91 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    Muscle soreness isn't a requirement for strength/mass increase.

Are you lifting more weight/getting more reps than the previous workout, and doing so on a fairly consistent basis? If so, there's nothing to "fix." Keep working hard to lift more weight with good form.

Progression is the engine that drives growth, not 'soreness,' or 'the burn,' or 'the pump.'
    Finally!! Someone makes sense

I really appriciate the feed back everyone! Thank you. You can never learn enough new stuff and ideas to help!

DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by MuscleTechIan View Post
    Well said handyman,

Muscle confusion is one of the best ways to get that sore feeling after training. I find that I have to change my chest routine in particular pretty frequently if I want to feel it the next day.

Muscle confusion, when will this just finally die out.
    My Workout Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146169983&pagenumber=

"It is while struggling against the heaviest weights a human body can move that the demand for courage is incessant."
    -Mike Mentzer