AustinStage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Vertical Jump bible and upper body excercises

Hello, my plan is to work on my vertical using the Vertical Jump Bible. I am going to follow the program right down to the last word. I will be using the balanced intermediate workout.

My question is what should I be doing for upper body, the lower body is being taken care of by the vertical jump bible.

So this obviously leaves us with back and bi's, chest and Tri's, and of course shoulders.

In the Vertical jump bible he suggests to compound the upper and lower body workouts into one day. It calls for 2 workouts per a week with at the very least two days between the workouts.

So example Monday friday I would be doing the vjb.

In the book he recomends the following exercises for upper body: Bench Press, Chin up's, Barbell press, Some kind of tri and bi excercise.

I'm looking for opinions on what I should have for upper body. Keep in mind that my upper body is relatively week, I was a distance/ mid distance runner.

My legs are stronger then hell and my vertical is 27 inches atm.

So heres my questions.

If I am going to be doing the vjb would I want to focus on upper body strength?

What excercises would be best for upper body to go with enhancing both my strength and my vertical?

Should I preform the upper body more then the twice a week? Should I go Monday-VJB and upper body Tuesday off Wednesday Upper Thursday off Friday VJB Upper? OR whats the best way to do this?

Thanks for your help!

Heres what I was thinking for excercises
    Bench: 5x5?
    Pullups: 3x10?
    Dumbell Press: 3x10?
    Bi and Tri's 3x10?

I'm lost on what volume and excercises i should do for upper body.
    Last edited by AustinStage; 06-09-2008 at 11:36 PM.

AustinStage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    bump advice?

daavig will become famous soon enough. (+50) daavig will become famous soon enough. (+50) daavig will become famous soon enough. (+50) daavig will become famous soon enough. (+50) daavig will become famous soon enough. (+50) daavig will become famous soon enough. (+50) daavig will become famous soon enough. (+50) daavig will become famous soon enough. (+50) daavig will become famous soon enough. (+50) daavig will become famous soon enough. (+50) daavig will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by AustinStage View Post
    bump advice?
    i know this is almost a 4 year bump, but I'm on a vertical jump program as well and have the same questions...can I just take a premade workout like SS and omit deadlifts and squats and instead do some other back work?