nvranka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nvranka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nvranka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nvranka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nvranka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nvranka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nvranka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nvranka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nvranka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nvranka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nvranka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Further Questions (Lyle McDonald GB Routine)

If you want to see the routine itself:
    http://jcdfitness.com/wp-content/dow...outine_FAQ.pdf

I feel as though I may have started my military press a bit too high, and when I tried to go up 5lbs this week I failed to complete 10reps. I am new to BB standing press, and I guess I went off my DB seated press numbers a bit too closely, which was stupid I know.

#1: Can I drop my military press back to down to a lower weight to reset but still keep my other lifts progressing as they are now, or do I need to completely reset the cycle? (as in reset all of my lifts back down)

#2: I am a bit confused on how it works when some exercises are auxiliary on some days, and the main lift on others (i.e. start with flat bench on monday @ 3-4x6-8/3' and then on thursday start with incline/press, leaving bench as auxiliary @ 2-3x10-12/2'). My confusion is this: How much do drop/increase the weight im lifting on the respective days?

example: say hypothetically im lifting 100lb on bench on monday for 3-4x6-8/3'. On thursday ill start with shoulder press @3-4x6-8/3' and leave bench until the 3rd lift @2-3x10-12/2'. Obviously my shoulders will be taxed from doing a heavier press day since itll be my first lift of the day, and my bench will now be at higher reps, less sets, and thus will have to go down. How do I know how much to drop it? Am I thinking about this the right way? (i.e. it needs to drop right?)

#3: Am I supposed to be going up ~2.5-5lbs per week on all exercises, even on the days that they are auxiliary? Obviously some exercises are always auxiliary (chins/tri/bi), but for instance on my first day lifting, when BB Press is an auxiliary, should I be upping the weight? This obviously needs to be answered after #2, but regardless of whether or not im lifting lighter or not, id assume if on my 'heavy' day it is going up, my lighter day would be obviously going up as well, yes?

#4: The way I read this routine is that you are going for gains on the days in which you have certain lifts first (the 3-4x6-8/3' lifts), and just maintenance/endurance increases for the other lifts when they are auxiliary, is this correct? I cant think of any other way to justify why some lifts are 2-3x10-12/2' when the bulking range is typically 6-8 reps.

#5: Because I think my shoulders need some more development ive decided to this upper rotation....does it sound ok? Just want reassurance:
    MON:
    Flat Bench 3-4x6-8/3'
    BB Row 3-4x6-8/3'
    Incline Bench 2-3x10-12/2'
    Chins @ 2-3x10-12/2'
    tri @ 1-2 x 12-15/1.5'
    bi @ 1-2 x 12-15/1.5'

THUR:
    Standing BB Press @ 3-4x6-8/3'
    BB Row @3-4x6-8/3'
    Flat Bench @ 2-3x10-12/2'
    Chins @ 2-3x10-12/2'
    tri @ 1-2 x 12-15/1.5'
    bi @ 1-2 x 12-15/1.5'
    Finally #6: Lyle says in the FAQ that it is most important to up the weight for your first set (i.e. Pyramid up to your current weeks RM from warm-up), but then to take weight off if necessary to keep up the reps for the rest of the sets. Does this mean that as long as I can increase the weight im lifting on my first set and complete a solid 6-8 reps, it is ok if I am too tired to do this again, and to drop the weight for the next sets? I'm confused as it seems more logical to only increase the weight if I can complete a solid 3-4 sets @ that weight.

thanks for your opinions.

nvranka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nvranka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nvranka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nvranka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nvranka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nvranka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nvranka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nvranka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nvranka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nvranka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nvranka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    nada?

marcHULK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marcHULK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marcHULK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marcHULK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marcHULK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marcHULK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marcHULK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marcHULK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marcHULK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marcHULK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Is it okay to replace bench press with dumbbell press or dips??

JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    1: Yes you can reset just one lift

2: Just make an educated guess, start light!

3: increase 2.5-5lbs when you can complete all sets/reps with good form.

4: Muscle is built with all sorts of rep ranges, anything from 3-15 is a safe range to assume muscle growth can accure

5: Thats fine

6: whichever way you chose, as long as you are increasing the weight on a fairly regular basis your doing good