JoeHemi will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeHemi will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeHemi will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeHemi will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeHemi will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeHemi will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeHemi will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeHemi will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeHemi will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeHemi will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeHemi will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Please help~Newby post workout meal~Sugar question

Hello fellow fitness enthusiasts...After my workouts, I usually have 1.5scoops of whey, little less than a cup of oats, and 100g of plain yoghurt or 2 pieces of wheatmeal toast with peanut butter. However, after reading through numerous articles on here, I am considering adding a couple of tablespoons of sugar to my protein shake in place of one of the usuals. I am 21, looking to put on some size while keeping fat to a minimum.

My questions to y'all
    1)Brown sugar vs White sugar?
    2)Which of my usuals should I discontinue?
    4)Any other post workout nutritional advice?
    Cheers in advance Joe=)

miacanesfan25 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) miacanesfan25 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) miacanesfan25 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) miacanesfan25 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) miacanesfan25 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) miacanesfan25 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) miacanesfan25 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) miacanesfan25 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) miacanesfan25 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) miacanesfan25 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) miacanesfan25 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What on earth did you read so I know to avoid it?

JoeHemi will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeHemi will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeHemi will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeHemi will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeHemi will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeHemi will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeHemi will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeHemi will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeHemi will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeHemi will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeHemi will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by miacanesfan25 View Post
    What on earth did you read so I know to avoid it?
    Haha so dumb idea??

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by JoeHemi View Post
    Haha so dumb idea??
    Personal preference

There is no need for it or any magic benefit but if you want to you can
    Yes... I've started a log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159357321

miacanesfan25 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) miacanesfan25 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) miacanesfan25 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) miacanesfan25 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) miacanesfan25 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) miacanesfan25 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) miacanesfan25 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) miacanesfan25 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) miacanesfan25 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) miacanesfan25 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) miacanesfan25 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Maybe I'm not understanding. Why replace your usuals? I could see for instance if you're trying to add flavor to oats then add some sugar, makes sense, but I'm not getting your point or reasoning for wanting to replace say your yogurt with sugar? Why? What benefit is it? What's the overall goal and point in making the change? Above all else I noticed you said post workout. I put sugar in my morning coffee to wake me up therefore I'd want sugar preworkout for energy purposes ya know?

Originally Posted by miacanesfan25 View Post
    Maybe I'm not understanding. Why replace your usuals? I could see for instance if you're trying to add flavor to oats then add some sugar, makes sense, but I'm not getting your point or reasoning for wanting to replace say your yogurt with sugar? Why? What benefit is it? What's the overall goal and point in making the change? Above all else I noticed you said post workout. I put sugar in my morning coffee to wake me up therefore I'd want sugar preworkout for energy purposes ya know?
    Yeah tru true.Just read that post workout, you want simple carbs to increase your body's ability to synthesize protein.Sugar has to be the simplest carb on earth. And I was thinking of using it for that reason, and also so I can eat more throughout the day, as sugar isn't filling in the slightest=)

Botch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Botch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Botch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Botch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Botch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Botch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Botch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Botch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Botch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Botch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Botch is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I think what you're after is adding glucose to your shake. check out a healthfood store then look online to see how much to add cos I don't do it anymore. Some people have gummi bears and works for them.

Originally Posted by Botch View Post
    I think what you're after is adding glucose to your shake. check out a healthfood store then look online to see how much to add cos I don't do it anymore. Some people have gummi bears and works for them.
    Haha funny you mention gummy bears cos I was just saying toa friend that I was gonna start hitting the jelly babies=D

Apex702 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Apex702 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Apex702 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Apex702 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Apex702 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Apex702 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Apex702 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Apex702 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Apex702 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Apex702 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Apex702 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    So why are you under the impression that you must add something - in the form of sugar - to your PWO drink?

What makes you assume you need a PWO shake at all?

Originally Posted by Apex702 View Post
    So why are you under the impression that you must add something - in the form of sugar - to your PWO drink?

What makes you assume you need a PWO shake at all?
    to provide my muscles with protein for muscle recovery, and simple carbs(such as sugar) to provide the energy for my muscles to do this ??

DHSH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DHSH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DHSH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DHSH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DHSH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DHSH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DHSH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DHSH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DHSH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DHSH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DHSH has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Yeah that's all broscience mate. Eat whatever you want after your workout, taking into account; satiety, micros and whatever other factors you think are important..
    IF & IIFYM

Misc 'Yes Man' Crew

rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    The idea of PWO nutrient intake within a specified time after resistance training is very controversial. The idea is that eating shortly after working out promotes a favorable hormonal response for MPS. But whether eating something within 5 minutes, 1 hour or many hours later is beneficial isn't known, and what information is available doesn't indicate that the theory works all that well, as opposed to simply eating when you want and making sure your total daily targets are met.

Here's a quick read from a sticky above. Remember, the best reason for having a PWO meal is because it makes you feel better!

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=123915821