justinlinz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Morning pre and post workout question.

I workout at around 4am 4-5 days a week and was just wondering if having a protein iso shake 30 mins before workout, then some Waxy Maize carbs and NO Explode is good choice pre workout? or should I be hammering down a little food as well? I was usually eating a couple hard boiled eggs on the way to the gym but I would feel fairly bloated. So I havent ate any for a few days. My post workout is another iso protein shake and another scoop of waxy maize. Then a couple eggs on the way home. I just want to make sure I am burning fat and not muscle in the early mornings.
    I am looking to build a little size, but i'm still trying to lose some weight as well. i'm around 225 trying to get into the 180-190s eventually.

Thanks, Justin

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Workout fasted. Many people workout up to 16 hours after eating with no ill effects.

Chances are you had a meal before bed which is still releasing nutrients into your system.

chameleonism is just really nice. (+1000) chameleonism is just really nice. (+1000) chameleonism is just really nice. (+1000) chameleonism is just really nice. (+1000) chameleonism is just really nice. (+1000) chameleonism is just really nice. (+1000) chameleonism is just really nice. (+1000) chameleonism is just really nice. (+1000) chameleonism is just really nice. (+1000) chameleonism is just really nice. (+1000) chameleonism is just really nice. (+1000)
    If eating that close to your workout is making you bloated (and possibly negatively impacting your performance in the gym?), you could just train fasted. I workout an hour after I get up and prefer to workout fasted. If I eat something very light (banana and/or shake, etc) than I'll feel okay, but if I eat a big meal, I feel bloated and slow during my workout. It also gives me something to look forward to after training hard...FOOD!

justinlinz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ok thanks for the input, another question. I'm having about a 2000 - 2300 cal a day diet, should I be including those premorning supplements like waxy maize and no explode towards that 2300 cals?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Of course. Waxy maize is a carb

(which you could substitute for any other carb that tastes a lot better - like bread or breakfast cereal for example)

Look on the label to see calorie content of both.

JosefRakichFitness.com JOSEF RAKICH's Avatar
    JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Meal frequency and nutrient timing is all irrelevant. No need for WM either, unless you want to, but any other carb is fone even a low G.I carb, it dosent
    matter.

Just aim to hit your macros targets and calorie requirements for the day through any foods you wish.

Flat4Suby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flat4Suby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flat4Suby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flat4Suby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flat4Suby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flat4Suby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flat4Suby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flat4Suby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flat4Suby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flat4Suby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flat4Suby will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by JOSEF RAKICH View Post
    Meal frequency and nutrient timing is all irrelevant. No need for WM either, unless you want to, but any other carb is fone even a low G.I carb, it dosent
    matter.

Just aim to hit your macros targets and calorie requirements for the day through any foods you wish.
    disagree. while for overall weight gain and loss it is irrelevant, timing of what you eat and when you eat it with relation to your workout time can play a HUGE factor for how people feel at the gym. this is from personal experience. different things work for different people...experiment and see what works.