Taemex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Advise for waitress

Hello,

My wife is a waitress and says her back hurts after a busy day carrying plates all day. She only has about 30-minutes to exercise when our daughter is at swimming at the local Y before having to come home. Any ideas for a 3-day/30-minute workout that might be best for her?

I was leaning towards core, lower back, shoulders, and legs. Something like sit-ups and back extensions, shoulder press, and squats at three-sets each. She feels like she only has time for four exercises max in 30-minutes. Thoughts?

MarcusAgrippa is on a distinguished road. (+10) MarcusAgrippa is on a distinguished road. (+10) MarcusAgrippa is on a distinguished road. (+10) MarcusAgrippa is on a distinguished road. (+10) MarcusAgrippa is on a distinguished road. (+10) MarcusAgrippa is on a distinguished road. (+10) MarcusAgrippa is on a distinguished road. (+10) MarcusAgrippa is on a distinguished road. (+10) MarcusAgrippa is on a distinguished road. (+10) MarcusAgrippa is on a distinguished road. (+10) MarcusAgrippa is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Taemex View Post
    Hello,

My wife is a waitress and says her back hurts after a busy day carrying plates all day. She only has about 30-minutes to exercise when our daughter is at swimming at the local Y before having to come home. Any ideas for a 3-day/30-minute workout that might be best for her?

I was leaning towards core, lower back, shoulders, and legs. Something like sit-ups and back extensions, shoulder press, and squats at three-sets each. She feels like she only has time for four exercises max in 30-minutes. Thoughts?
    I may be biased... But I think everyone can benefit from doing the main compound lifts. Maybe an upper/lower split repeated twice a week would work for her. Maybe something like:

A) squat + back extensions
    B) bench + curls
    C) deadlift + knee raises
    D) (?DB) press + pull downs

She should be able to knock those off in 30 mins. Lower reps 5-8 for the first exercise, higher for the second maybe.

Edit: read your post incorrectly:

Maybe

A) Squat + knee raises
    B) bench + press
    C) deadlift + pulldowns

If the window is only half an hour I think she should focus on doing a couple good quality exercises well instead of trying to get through 4

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Taemex View Post
    Hello,

Her first move should be to get better shoes.

After that look at any of the beginner programs. Here's a good one:
    Routine: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=4195843
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

DukeX2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DukeX2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DukeX2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DukeX2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DukeX2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DukeX2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DukeX2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DukeX2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DukeX2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DukeX2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DukeX2 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    deadlifts, shoulder press, ab work.

I used to have back pain, not since i started deadlifting

and start her off light on deads.
    Last edited by DukeX2; 03-20-2012 at 03:36 PM.