Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

Closed Thread
Page 88 of 165 FirstFirst ... 38 78 86 87 88 89 90 98 138 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,640 of 4929
    Stats: 5'7", 160 lbs
    sismetic is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit sismetic's BodySpace
    "1400 calories is far too low for a start. Can lead to metabolic damage following such a low calorie diet."

Oh ok, I was thinking about that, maybe I now have metabolic damage, because whenever I up my cal intake I start getting fat, but it just doesn't seem that it's that much calories and I do 2 hours cardio. I'll up my cal intake and wait for my metabolism to adjust, thank you! It was a quick response, I seriously didn't thought you would answer so quickly, really thanks!.

One question, do I have add calories burned to my calorie count? Let's say I eat 2300 calories (2500 for maintenance) but do 1 hour cardio for 500 calories burned, does that bring me to 1800 calories, with a 700 cal deficit? I ask this because I normally do 2 hours cardio, taking into account a moderate intensity burning around 10cals per minute, that would be around 1000 calories burned. If I diet(do a deficit) of let's say 300, the calories burned would give me a deficit of 1300 calories, which would be too much? Do you have to eat above maintenance, let's say 500cals above maintenance, so that those 1k calories burned would become a 500 calorie deficit? Or you don't count cardio in your calorie count?

Ok, I said one question :P but I have two other questions...
    My brother, his wife and my other brother did the atkins diet. They've all done it successfully, my brother and his wife have done it for years, he went from being fat(deskjob style) to having six pack(although not much muscle) with just the diet... I'm wondering about this, because my other brother(10 months older than me) lost 40-50 pounds in 2 months with that diet and has kept them off. If it's calories in, calories out, how is that so? He ate a lot of cheese and didn't restrict his portions or anything... even if he only restricted the calorie intake to bring about a deficit, that's a BIG amount of weight to lose in so little time... was it mostly water?(he hasn't gained it back after months, though) They all say that the problem are carbs, that they raise your insuline levels making the body store the food as fat really fast... and I've seen studies and articles stating this. Could you shed some light on this matter? It's mind-boggling for me

And my last question would be about HIIT. Maybe this isn't the right place, but I figured as you know so much about losing fat, you would know about this subject. The way I perform and understand HIIT is short bursts of high intensity followed by rest periods. I do uphill sprints for max out 15 seconds, then rest 30 seconds.. that way x6(that's all I can do max out uphill) I run out of space and walk back, wait 2-3 minutes, and then repeat x4. All this is done in less than 10 minutes... but I've seen people claim about HIIT for 20-30 minutes, I think most people could not do HIIT the way I do it for 20-30 minutes but they're saying it's HIIT. So I'm left wondering, what's really the protocol for HIIT? 8-10 minutes of 1:1 or 1:2 max sprints:recovery intervals? Or you don't have to max just a high intensity for 20 minutes?

Again, thank you very much for the quick and knowledgful answer

Stats: 5'8", 175 lbs
    Huanbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Huanbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Huanbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Huanbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Huanbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Huanbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Huanbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Huanbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Huanbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Huanbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Huanbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Visit Huanbo's BodySpace
    I am doing bulking now, this is my 1st time doing bulking and cutting cycle, and I think I made a mistake. I gained too fast! My weight was 165lbs one month ago, and now I am 178lbs! I think the weight gainer really did its job. But I think I am way too fast. I think 80% of the weight I gained r just fat. ( U can't tell I gained fat just by looking at me. But u can tell I'm bigger than before in some way.)
    My question is, should I stop bulking? Cuz I really worrying about getting too fat and will have hard time to cut. And I'm going to Touch Mudder at March. Should I cut now, or continue to bulk but slow down the speed.
    I don't eat too much food, I think all the weight I gained is from the weight gainer and whey protein I've been talking.
    Here's my daily food plan: Calories goal is 3000 And 1G of protein for 1 pound of body weight. 1630 calories r from weight gainer, and 780 calories r from whey protein, and the rest of calories r come normal the food. Is this an OK plan?

Stats: 6'1", 185 lbs
    BodyPoints: 27
    kmankolb is a complete loser! (-2000) kmankolb is a complete loser! (-2000) kmankolb is a complete loser! (-2000) kmankolb is a complete loser! (-2000) kmankolb is a complete loser! (-2000) kmankolb is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Visit kmankolb's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by JOSEF RAKICH View Post
    Wow strong cheat meal lol, what did you eat?

No a re-feed is more focus around carb intake, it will still benefit you somewhat however, just go back to your diet now. the albs is not fat don't worry, its mostly most of the meal inside of you lol.
    I went to texas de brazil, its an all you can eat type churrascaria that walks around with meats that are all perfectly cooked, and they have a seasonal salad bar that is fantastic. I ended up eating around 19oz of top sirloin type meats, 10 oz of lamb, 14 oz mashed potatoes, 14 ounces jasmin rice, and i brownie for desert... it was delicious lol

Stats: 6'0", 178 lbs
    douglasmich has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) douglasmich has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) douglasmich has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) douglasmich has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) douglasmich has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) douglasmich has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) douglasmich has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) douglasmich has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) douglasmich has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) douglasmich has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) douglasmich has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit douglasmich's BodySpace
    1 more thing mr rakich

i am 6ft 186 lbs, i was cutting on 2900 but i think that might be my maintenance acording to free dieting calculator.

Im training 5x a week for 60 mins and 2 20 min cardio post workout. does 2600 calories seem right? or too low

thx

Stats: 5'6", 160 lbs
    quincycordes is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit quincycordes's BodySpace
    Wow strong cheat meal lol, what did you eat?

No a re-feed is more focus around carb intake, it will still benefit you somewhat however, just go back to your diet now. the albs is not fat don't worry, its mostly most of the meal inside of you lol.

No just add in cardio, no point adding in cardio to your program and then just adding calories.

I keep things consistent. No meal frequency does not matter or make any difference. Nutrient timing is also irrelevant as well.

Meal frequency and nutrient timing is NOT*needed or important.*(hitting your daily calorie requirements and macros targets is).

You dont have to eat 6x per day it has no effect on the metabolism or metabolic rate, you can eat carbs late at night before you go to sleep, it wont automatically make you gain fat. You can go 6+ hours without protein, you don't have to have protein or carbs immeditly after your workout, the timing does not matter. Hiiting your overall protein, carbs and fat requirements/targets by the end of the day is what does matter. (the body works on a much larger time frame)

When people say that eating carbs at night causes fat gain, in a way it does sound like it would make sense because your going to sleep and you arent going to be expending much energy. But when look at that from a biological standpoint it is bogus because*your body works on a larger time frame like i explained before, your body works on a 24,48,72,weekly - what ever you want it -*NET balance.*It is constantly in an anabolic and catabolic state, constantly breaking down and repairing, constantly storing and oxidizing. So it really doesn't matter when you eat, or how frequently you eat, its the overall balance that matters, so your either in a caloric deficit or a calorie surplus.*Hit your macros targets however and whenever you want throghout the day and there will be no difference in body composition.You can go 6 or so hours without eating, your muscle wont fall off or shrink or get attacked by the catabolism monster, you have to look at the bigger picture. A daily basis, calories in VS calories out meeting your macros over the 24 hour period, however and whenever you want. Calories are a form of energy, they cannot give you any more or any less of what they are.

- Deficit calories you will lose weight.
    - Surplus calories you will gain weight.

Forget your BMR, you need to know your TDEE. (total daily energy expenditure).

Go to google type in "maintenance calorie calculator" this will give you a rough estimation of your TDEE. Form here -500 calories, this is how much you should consume. But again its never 100% accurate, they are just estimations you will have to play around with it from here.

1400 calories is far too low for a start. Can lead to metabolic damage following such a low calorie diet.

neither do I to be honest, LMAO..

Thanks bro, I will hit you back on re-charge!

If you have dropped 3kg in 2 weeks jet keep doing what you are doing, when you plateau then add in or increase cardio or decrease calories.

Listing the foods you eat is irrelevant for me, what is your macros here?

How much protein, carbs and fats?

hi thanks for the relpy,

carbs 200g
    protein 240g
    fat 70g

michael

Onepieceisreal has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Onepieceisreal has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Onepieceisreal has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Onepieceisreal has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Onepieceisreal has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Onepieceisreal has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Onepieceisreal has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Onepieceisreal has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Onepieceisreal has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Onepieceisreal has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Onepieceisreal has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Hey joseph
    I am currently cutting using IIFYM, how important is it I count my carbs macros?
    I only count and meet my protein/fat macro then fill in my remaining calories with carbs which I do not keep track of
    Basically i always meet my 500 caloric deficit and meet my protein/fat macro and wont bother tracking carbs, i just make sure I'm not consuming like 200+ carbs per day
    also if someone cuts and uses only McDonald to meet their macros with a 500 caloric deficit their would be no difference in body composition vs them eating healthy instead?
    Last edited by Onepieceisreal; 12-16-2012 at 06:02 AM.

Stats: 5'4", 201 lbs
    bigramman is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit bigramman's BodySpace

New & Need HEP

I'm 30 and about 201 lbs 5'4"
    Not body builder shape at least not yet I've lost 100lbs in about the last 10 months and have improved my health tremendously .
    I would welcome some advice in a few areas though:
    1st - what supplements? Currently I take glutamine, arginine, creatine (on days I lift) & multivitamins

2nd - what do I eat? I have learned to loose weight but not to loose weight and build muscle

3rd - Workout routine? I have just started with a trainer, who is great. How often should I workout? I want to finish loosing my belly and add muscle. I have also started mtn biking and don't want to loose the indurance I have worked to gain

I know this is a lot to ask but I am 110% dedicated and welcome your help!

Thanks,
    Aaron
    Last edited by bigramman; 12-16-2012 at 12:26 PM.

Stats: 5'10", 176 lbs
    humzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) humzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) humzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) humzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) humzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) humzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) humzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) humzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) humzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) humzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) humzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit humzah's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by douglasmich View Post
    1 more thing mr rakich

i am 6ft 186 lbs, i was cutting on 2900 but i think that might be my maintenance acording to free dieting calculator.

Im training 5x a week for 60 mins and 2 20 min cardio post workout. does 2600 calories seem right? or too low

thx
    Hi Douglas,

Obviously, I'm no Josef Rakich BUT USE THE BMR CALCULATOR TO FIGURE OUT YOUR MAINTENANCE!! Google BMR maintenance calculator, put in the relevant information and get your maintenance. Then, subtract 300-500 calories and that's the amount you SHOULD be consuming in order to cut.

humzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) humzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) humzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) humzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) humzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) humzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) humzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) humzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) humzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) humzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) humzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit humzah's BodySpace
    Josef, PLEASE put up the links of the relevant threads in your insignia. I'm going to make sure you get the Nobel Prize and that your name goes into the Guiness Book of Records considering how patient you are despite the face that you have to answer the SAME QUESTIONS AGAIN!

Tmisc's Aesthetic Asian PrinceJontino's Avatar
    Stats: 5'9", 145 lbs
    PrinceJontino has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PrinceJontino has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PrinceJontino has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PrinceJontino has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PrinceJontino has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PrinceJontino has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PrinceJontino has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PrinceJontino has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PrinceJontino has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PrinceJontino has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PrinceJontino has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit PrinceJontino's BodySpace
    Hey Josef, I'm having a hard time getting a gallon in everyday without having to piss every 15 min. Do I count diet sodas and vitamin waters toward my daily fluid intake? Or is it just clear liquid? I don't count like milk and stuff but surely vitamin water can be included right?
    follow @princejontino on instagram. rep all followers

Stats: 5'10", 169 lbs
    Jhpedersen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jhpedersen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jhpedersen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jhpedersen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jhpedersen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jhpedersen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jhpedersen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jhpedersen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jhpedersen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jhpedersen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jhpedersen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Visit Jhpedersen's BodySpace
    Hey Josef!

My weight is currently 78 kgs and my height is 180 cms

In january i started at 102 kgs, at first i just made sure to eat the right things, i did not count calories or anything. When the summer hit i started doing cardio, atleast 1 hour a day. In august I signed up for gym and started working out (Full body program), I was about 85 kgs when I started there.

I'm unsure wether to keep cutting or bulk? Most of my body looks pretty lean, except my belly which is still kind of "big". (I think I need to keep cutting)
    Recent time tho, I haven't seen any progress really. Do you think I just need to keep going down in weight and it will eventually be gone?

I still do not count calories and do not have a diet I follow (I make sure to get a lot of protein everyday tho), I just eat clean. Do you recommend counting calories and perhaps get a diet to follow?

bobthetuba is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Josef,
    Im a highschool student
    im about 5'11 and 215ish pounds i lost about 20 over summer but i have almost completely stopped losing weight despite a cut in calories per day
    any advice?

JosefRakichFitness.com JOSEF RAKICH's Avatar
    Stats: 5'10", 180 lbs
    JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit JOSEF RAKICH's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by MrGilbert822 View Post
    I am competeting in a Mens Physique Comp in 12 weeks, Should I start cutting or continue to bulk for a few more weeks! Right now I am 192lbs and 13.2%BF. I would like to get down to 6 or so for the show

12 weeks is not far away bro, if you want to get into stage conditioning you need to start cutting now.

Originally Posted by -Lucifer View Post
    Josef, serious suggestion: put '(read OP)' at the end of this thread's title and have a mod edit your OP, so it has a link pointing to the Nutrition forum sticky. That will save you a lot of time, or people will ask these basic questions over and over again.

P.S. This is the thread I'm talking about: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703981
    Yes, I could not agree any more haha! The same questions, over and over and over and over.. I will actually put together a OP with links to the most common questions then I will get a mod to make the edits.

Thanks bro. How am I always on spread with you.. Will get you on re-charge.

Originally Posted by Huanbo View Post
    I am doing bulking now, this is my 1st time doing bulking and cutting cycle, and I think I made a mistake. I gained too fast! My weight was 165lbs one month ago, and now I am 178lbs! I think the weight gainer really did its job. But I think I am way too fast. I think 80% of the weight I gained r just fat. ( U can't tell I gained fat just by looking at me. But u can tell I'm bigger than before in some way.)
    My question is, should I stop bulking? Cuz I really worrying about getting too fat and will have hard time to cut. And I'm going to Touch Mudder at March. Should I cut now, or continue to bulk but slow down the speed.
    I don't eat too much food, I think all the weight I gained is from the weight gainer and whey protein I've been talking.
    Here's my daily food plan: Calories goal is 3000 And 1G of protein for 1 pound of body weight. 1630 calories r from weight gainer, and 780 calories r from whey protein, and the rest of calories r come normal the food. Is this an OK plan?
    What is your current body fat percentage? Upload a pic or something then I can advise you on whether to bulk or cut.

Originally Posted by douglasmich View Post
    1 more thing mr rakich

thx
    I have no idea from the information you gave me, need a lot more info than this, what is your daily activity levels like are you sitting down all day (sedentary) or are you extremely active etc?

Originally Posted by quincycordes View Post
    hi thanks for the relpy,

carbs 200g
    protein 240g
    fat 70g

michael
    Macros looks perfect bro, if you are in a deficit you will lose fat!

Originally Posted by Onepieceisreal View Post
    Hey joseph
    I am currently cutting using IIFYM, how important is it I count my carbs macros?
    I only count and meet my protein/fat macro then fill in my remaining calories with carbs which I do not keep track of
    Basically i always meet my 500 caloric deficit and meet my protein/fat macro and wont bother tracking carbs, i just make sure I'm not consuming like 200+ carbs per day
    also if someone cuts and uses only McDonald to meet their macros with a 500 caloric deficit their would be no difference in body composition vs them eating healthy instead?
    Important to count everything if you want to know exactly how much you are consuming. You have to be in a deficit. Sure you don't have to count, you can still diet without it not a problem but its always a good idea to include all macronutrients in your calorie count.

Food choices are irrelevant. Just meet your daily macros and calorie requirements, but you shouldn't be an idiot about it, you should also pay attention to fiber intake and your micronutrients, be sure to supplement with a multivitamin. Orange Triad is one I personally recommend.

Originally Posted by bigramman View Post
    I'm 30 and about 201 lbs 5'4"
    Not body builder shape at least not yet I've lost 100lbs in about the last 10 months and have improved my health tremendously .
    I would welcome some advice in a few areas though:
    1st - what supplements? Currently I take glutamine, arginine, creatine (on days I lift) & multivitamins

2nd - what do I eat? I have learned to loose weight but not to loose weight and build muscle

3rd - Workout routine? I have just started with a trainer, who is great. How often should I workout? I want to finish loosing my belly and add muscle. I have also started mtn biking and don't want to loose the indurance I have worked to gain

I know this is a lot to ask but I am 110% dedicated and welcome your help!

Thanks,
    Aaron
    Glutamine is the most abundent non-essential amino acid in the body, now there is a lot of controversy over whether glutamine works or not, many people say that when taken orally glutamine is metabolized before it can even reach the blood stream then others love glutamine supplementation and can swear by it.

1) I am not a fan of glutamine at all and I don't recommend anyone to supplement with it. Yeah sure Glutamine is good for recovery etc and we do need glutamine, but we do NOT need to supplement with it. We already get plenty of glutamine in our diets (especially us weight lifters who follow high protein diets) not to mention its in all our protein powders plus the body also naturally produces glutamine. We get plenty of it. We do not need to supplement with glutamine at all, it is just a waste. You would be better off supplementing with some BCAA's as they would be more beneficial in muscle growth/recovery.*

Glutamine has its uses in the medical industry after surgery or some types of damage to the GI tract, it can help with immune function after some types of surgery. But for bodybuilders/weight lifters it has been found to be useless unless there dietary protein intake was extremely low (which is never should be).*

So basically the moral of the story is don't bother with glutamine supplementation.

2) Read the thread, answered 100000000 times.

3) I recommend training 3-5 days per week. I personally train 5 days per week myself.

Originally Posted by humzah View Post
    Josef, PLEASE put up the links of the relevant threads in your insignia. I'm going to make sure you get the Nobel Prize and that your name goes into the Guiness Book of Records considering how patient you are despite the face that you have to answer the SAME QUESTIONS AGAIN!
    Hahah yes I will do exactly that! Will get some relevant threads posted in the OP when I put some together then get a MOD to edit it.

It seems everyone just asks the same Q's over and over again..

Originally Posted by PrinceJontino View Post
    Hey Josef, I'm having a hard time getting a gallon in everyday without having to piss every 15 min. Do I count diet sodas and vitamin waters toward my daily fluid intake? Or is it just clear liquid? I don't count like milk and stuff but surely vitamin water can be included right?
    Vitmain water contains.. water so yes you can include it.

Originally Posted by Jhpedersen View Post
    Hey Josef!

My weight is currently 78 kgs and my height is 180 cms

In january i started at 102 kgs, at first i just made sure to eat the right things, i did not count calories or anything. When the summer hit i started doing cardio, atleast 1 hour a day. In august I signed up for gym and started working out (Full body program), I was about 85 kgs when I started there.

I'm unsure wether to keep cutting or bulk? Most of my body looks pretty lean, except my belly which is still kind of "big". (I think I need to keep cutting)
    Recent time tho, I haven't seen any progress really. Do you think I just need to keep going down in weight and it will eventually be gone?

I still do not count calories and do not have a diet I follow (I make sure to get a lot of protein everyday tho), I just eat clean. Do you recommend counting calories and perhaps get a diet to follow?
    You started at 102kgs and you haven't seen any progress really and you are asking whether to cut or bulk now? If you haven't seen any progress you need to change something obviously. At 102kgs you should be cutting. Upload a pic so we can see where you are at.

Yes count calories, eating "clean" means nothing.. Just because you eat "clean" (whatever that means) doesn't mean you will lose fat, its all about calories in VS calories out.

Originally Posted by bobthetuba View Post
    Josef,
    Im a highschool student
    im about 5'11 and 215ish pounds i lost about 20 over summer but i have almost completely stopped losing weight despite a cut in calories per day
    any advice?
    Whats your diet like, calorie intake etc..
    ✔ ISSA Certified Personal Trainer, Fitness Model & Sponsored Athlete!

✔ Personalized Meal Plans & Workout Programs for Males & Females! (PM me for details)

✔ 12 WEEK TRANSFORMATION PROGRAM NOW AVAILABLE! (PM me for details)

✔ Follow me on FaceBook (Search: Josef Rakich Fitness)

✔ Follow me on Instagram (@JosefRakich)

✔ Subscribe to my Youtube Channel for Workout Vids (Search: Josef Rakich)

Stats: 6'0", 178 lbs
    douglasmich has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) douglasmich has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) douglasmich has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) douglasmich has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) douglasmich has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) douglasmich has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) douglasmich has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) douglasmich has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) douglasmich has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) douglasmich has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) douglasmich has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit douglasmich's BodySpace
    Well yeah im sitting down all day then at 6pm i have a 60-70 minute hard lifting seshion 5-6 times per week, and two 20 min post workout LISS cardio. when im not lifting im sitting around at home

6ft 186 lbs 17 years old. can you estimate my maintenance/ 500 deficit calories?? im taking 2700 atm

thanks so much man

Stats: 5'10", 156 lbs
    jhadkins10 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jhadkins10 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jhadkins10 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jhadkins10 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jhadkins10 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jhadkins10 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jhadkins10 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jhadkins10 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jhadkins10 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jhadkins10 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jhadkins10 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Visit jhadkins10's BodySpace
    Hey Joseph was curious about how you deal with hunger. I fit lots of cheat meals into macros without going over on calories. I also eat high fiber foods to feel more full. If you still are hungry what is there any best way to handle that in your opinion?

Thanks,

Jim

Stats: 5'7", 160 lbs
    Kusie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kusie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kusie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kusie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kusie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kusie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kusie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kusie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kusie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kusie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kusie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Visit Kusie's BodySpace
    I'm wanting to cut while on the program entitled "Intermediate/Advance Routine" in the workout section of the forum. It's a high volume routine, 10RM on the first set and then as many sets as you need afterward to complete 50 reps. It runs on a 6-day split. I am having a rough time trying to figure out the nutrition part of everything. If somebody could chime in and lend me a hand before I drive myself nuts trying to figure it out, I'd really appreciate it. I know there's a great sticky on nutrition and everything else in this forum, but it hasn't really helped me figure out where I need to be in correlation with this program. Every time i try to figure it out I just confuse myself so I thought i'd ask. I want to drop body fat while maintaining (hopefully slowly growing) the muscle that i have. I don't really know what my bf% is but Here are a few pics of where I was at about 4-5 months ago when my bf% was lower (hurt my back and was out of the gym till now)

Attachment 5187453 Attachment 5187463 Attachment 5187473

Here are my stats:

Weight: 170lbs

Height: 5'7"

Apart from doing this routine 6 times a week, I'm kind of inactive. My part time job involves walking and other than that I'm not routinely active. I want to start incorporating some low intensity cardio into my routine 6 or so times a week as well. Am I in the ballpark estimating that my maintenance cals should be at around 2300? If so, what should my calorie intake look like while on this program on training and non training days if i'm trying to cut? I'm not sure how many calories each one of these high-volume training sessions burn which is part of the reason i'm having a hard time with this. Right now i'm eating between 1800-1900 calories a day which I think is too low.

Thanks for reading guys

Stats: 9'10", 996 lbs
    Purtzian is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Purtzian is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Purtzian is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Purtzian is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Purtzian is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Purtzian is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Purtzian is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Purtzian is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Purtzian is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Purtzian is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Purtzian is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Visit Purtzian's BodySpace
    what about cheatdays? do u have a cheatday once in a week or a month? or do u have a cheatmeal every week/month?

Stats: 5'11", 220 lbs
    BodyPoints: 2339
    -Lucifer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) -Lucifer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) -Lucifer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) -Lucifer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) -Lucifer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) -Lucifer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) -Lucifer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) -Lucifer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) -Lucifer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) -Lucifer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) -Lucifer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit -Lucifer's BodySpace
    It's okay, breh. I don't care about reps, which is why I asked ForumAdmin to reset them.

You deserve a few mod reps for the quality advice you give ITT.

/hijack

Stats: 5'10", 169 lbs
    Jhpedersen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jhpedersen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jhpedersen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jhpedersen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jhpedersen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jhpedersen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jhpedersen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jhpedersen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jhpedersen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jhpedersen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jhpedersen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Visit Jhpedersen's BodySpace
    You started at 102kgs and you haven't seen any progress really and you are asking whether to cut or bulk now? If you haven't seen any progress you need to change something obviously. At 102kgs you should be cutting. Upload a pic so we can see where you are at.

Yes count calories, eating "clean" means nothing.. Just because you eat "clean" (whatever that means) doesn't mean you will lose fat, its all about calories in VS calories out.
    I think you misunderstood me, I started at 102 kgs in January, I am now at 78 kgs after hard work. My goal is to become shredded, so i'm unsure wether I should cut a bit more or start bulk to gain some muscle?

I think i'll keep cutting a bit and i'll start counting calories.

Thank you for the reply

Stats: 5'10", 190 lbs
    MrGilbert822 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrGilbert822 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrGilbert822 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrGilbert822 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrGilbert822 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrGilbert822 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrGilbert822 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrGilbert822 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrGilbert822 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrGilbert822 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrGilbert822 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Visit MrGilbert822's BodySpace

hey

Thanks josef, Just one more question, how about my training routine should i focus more on lifting weights than cardio, cause obviously i want to preserve as much muscle as possible.
    Losers always whine about there best..... Winners go home and **** the prom queen!!!

Visit humzah's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by MrGilbert822 View Post
    Thanks josef, Just one more question, how about my training routine should i focus more on lifting weights than cardio, cause obviously i want to preserve as much muscle as possible.
    Yes.

Stats: 5'10", 170 lbs
    Huntarious has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Huntarious has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Huntarious has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Huntarious has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Huntarious has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Huntarious has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Huntarious has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Huntarious has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Huntarious has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Huntarious has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Huntarious has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Visit Huntarious's BodySpace
    Josef, I got a few questions. How do you track macros when at social events or at home in general when there are snacks? When I come home from college on the weekend my mom has baked desserts like peanut butter balls and other sweets.

Also do you recommend tracking calories everyday after you are more experienced or after a while you just start to "mentally" estimate?
    ++ Positive Crew ++

Visit humzah's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by Purtzian View Post
    what about cheatdays? do u have a cheatday once in a week or a month? or do u have a cheatmeal every week/month?
    He believes in refeeds rather than cheat days where you increase your carb intake by 100% and can lower the protein and fat intake. Go through the last few pages, you'll get your answer because I recall someone else asking the same question.

Originally Posted by Huntarious View Post
    Josef, I got a few questions. How do you track macros when at social events or at home in general when there are snacks? When I come home from college on the weekend my mom has baked desserts like peanut butter balls and other sweets.

Also do you recommend tracking calories everyday after you are more experienced or after a while you just start to "mentally" estimate?
    Tracking isn't difficult because people use websites life fitday etc and once you use these sources to track calories and macros, you can get an estimate. I'm no Josef but I do know how to get an estimate.

You should, as he has said somewhere two pages ago, track your calories at all times because your body will develop according to the intake.

I'm sure Josef would correct me if I've answered either question incorrectly.

Stats: 5'4", 200 lbs
    FatAssPig is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit FatAssPig's BodySpace

How do I start working out?

Im morbidly obese
    male, 5'4" , 200 lbs
    17 years old. Please also suggest some ways to increase my height. I dont want to remain a short ass fellow for my whole life...

Onepieceisreal has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Onepieceisreal has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Onepieceisreal has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Onepieceisreal has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Onepieceisreal has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Onepieceisreal has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Onepieceisreal has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Onepieceisreal has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Onepieceisreal has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Onepieceisreal has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Onepieceisreal has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Thx for the reply earlier Joseph
    one more thing, what's the maximum allowable time that one person is allowed to cut??
    i have 20 lbs to lose so at 1 pound per week it will take me 5 months. Is this too long?

Stats: 163 lbs
    Nando5944 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Nando5944 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Nando5944 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Nando5944 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Nando5944 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Nando5944 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Nando5944 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Nando5944 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Nando5944 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Nando5944 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Nando5944 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Visit Nando5944's BodySpace
    Greetings Joseph. I started weight lifting in the spring...joined a gym in July. Ive been weight training, and after weight training I would go into one of the vacant rooms and I would do "Insanity." I did the 60 day program and went from 175 to 163. I started "Insanity" in august and I finished late October. I still want to lose more fat and am thinking of starting "Insanity" again once the new year begins. But this time I was thinking of using BCAAs for the fear of losing muscle mass. Is this a good idea? to use BCAAs after my weight lifting session? Do you think its a good idea to weight lift and then do insanity?

Stats: 5'9", 194 lbs
    cterrazas is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit cterrazas's BodySpace
    Josef Hey been reading this thread and it all sounds like good info. So right now I am on a cutting phase. I am 5'9 and weigh 200 lbs. My goal for cutting is 185lbs. My daily calorie intake i keep around 2000 cals. So 240 g protein and the rest I fill in with carbs and fat. I eat 6 meals a day. My body fat percentage is around 17 percent. Here is an example of what I ate yesterday.
    Meal 1 - Proats. 320 cals 35 g protein
    Meal 2- Egg Whites x3 and turkey bacon x4 with brown rice on the side. 295 cals 22 g protein
    Meal 3- 4 ozs chicken breast with brown rice. 260 cals 27g protein
    Meal 4- 8 ozs chicken breast with bag of frozen veggies. 420 cals 44 g protein
    Workout ( 1.5 hrs. I do cardio 20 min each workout session)
    Meal 5 Post workout- Protein shake 170 cals 30 g protein
    Meal 6- 8 ozs chicken breast with brown rice on side. 370 cals 49 g protein
    Night time snack- Protein shake. 170 cals 30 g protein

Workout plan:
    Mon: Chest Triceps
    Tue: Back Biceps
    Wed: Shoulders and Legs
    Thur: Chest Triceps
    Fri: Back Biceps
    Sat: Rest
    Sun: Rest

Anyhow, any other suggestions to promote fat loss?

Wosyy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi

I'm 17 years old and weight about 176lbs (jup not muscles, but fat) and 5.6 feet long.
    I really want to get rid of the extra fat on my body, somehow I can't manage that.

I try to workout at least 2 times a week, going to the gym for an hour at least doing cardio and weights.
    Multiple groups of muscles eacht time I go, not a real pattern of what I'm doing. Sometimes before going to bed I also do some pushups.

My average meals a day:

8:00 am
    2 pieces of bread with chicken filet slices(15gr each)

At school mostly nothing, while I try to bring some food lately (bread with chicken filets slices)

At 15:00/16:00 after getting home from school
    4 pieces of bread with mostly an egg or sometimes 4 toasts with cheese

18:00
    My moms meals, veggies, rice, flesh etc. most of the times 1 plate full.

19:00
    sometimes fruit or else nothing.
    And that's it for the day.

And daily about 6/8 glasses of water or tea, sometimes when I'm into it I take some chocolate cookies (I try to stop myself from doing that)

I just want to get lean before summer, so I don't have to be ashamed of myself when going to the beach with friends..

Can you help me or give me tips on what I can change?

PS: Sorry for my English
    Last edited by Wosyy; 12-17-2012 at 03:10 PM. Reason: Lack of info

Stats: 140 lbs
    max1741 is a complete loser! (-2000) max1741 is a complete loser! (-2000) max1741 is a complete loser! (-2000) max1741 is a complete loser! (-2000) max1741 is a complete loser! (-2000) max1741 is a complete loser! (-2000) max1741 is a complete loser! (-2000) max1741 is a complete loser! (-2000) max1741 is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Visit max1741's BodySpace
    Josef, I stumbled upon this on these forums: http: // forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=131578173&page= 3
    No. Increased leptin is not known to have any impact on anything that affects metabolism. Have you been reading the thread?

It's the increased calories of the refeed that would have an effect on thyroid hormones and therefore metabolic rate. In other words, the refeed doesn't have to be high carb to increase metabolic rate. But making your refeed high carb would also give you the benefits of glycogen replenishment and reduced cortisol on top of the increase in metabolism.

Long story short: Leptin is irrelevant. High calories increase metabolism, high carbs replenish glycogen. Nothing to do with leptin.
    For someone having 1800 cals a day, 120g protein, 54g fat, rest carbs, would a refeed day eating at maintenance level with high carbs or a cheat day with mainly high calories benefit me the most? The quoted message threw me off a little. Does replenishing glycogen even benefit me for fat loss at all? 6 months into a cut, 16% BF. I thought a refeed (spiking leptin) sped up/benefited fat loss if you continue it with your usual deficit the days afterwards.
    Last edited by max1741; 12-19-2012 at 01:58 PM.

Mootus88 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    hi mate, im currently on a program to shed some bf and gain some lean muscle. this might sound like a stupid question but when it comes to cardio and weight training is the any particular order you should do it in? i normally do weights first then cardio to finish because at the time i first him the gym the weight area is empty and when i start doing cardio thats when the lifters pour in and i gets a bit crowded. should i keep going the way i am or do cardio first? or does it not even matter at all? cheers.

Closed Thread
Page 88 of 165 FirstFirst ... 38 78 86 87 88 89 90 98 138 ... LastLast