Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

Closed Thread
Page 84 of 165 FirstFirst ... 34 74 82 83 84 85 86 94 134 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,520 of 4929
    Stats: 5'9", 155 lbs
    redcaesar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) redcaesar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) redcaesar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) redcaesar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) redcaesar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) redcaesar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) redcaesar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) redcaesar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) redcaesar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) redcaesar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) redcaesar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit redcaesar's BodySpace
    Hey Josef could you help with what my macros should be? I'm just seeing a lot of this IIFYM going to go start reading up on it but this is my stats.

5'9", 154 LBS, 15.5% BF(via impedance scale). Had dexa scan at 159lbs that pegged me at 18%, that day scale had me at 16.3%. So guessing actually close to 17%. Activity wise I'm a desk jockey but commute by bike to/from work about 50mins total per day 4 times a week. Do 45mins of Weight Training 3 times a week and try to run between 1h-1h 1/2 total each week.

Progress Pics

Been just doing calorie deficit, IF, and doing All-pro routine.

Thanks
    Last edited by redcaesar; 12-04-2012 at 11:21 AM.
    LBS - BF Date Comment
    185.2- 23.8% 02/01/2012<started cardio/ate better
    175.4- 19.9% 04/04/2012<added weights 2/w
    168.6- 18.6% 09/04/2012<added extra day. Now 3/w weights
    166.6- 18.5% 10/02/2012<started IF w/Cal deficit and BCAA's+FastedTrain
    165.4- 18.0% 10/09/2012<started All pro - Simple Beginner's
    159.2- 16.4% 11/01/2012<dexa scan at 18.3%
    140.4- 12.9% 02/21/2013
    137.5- 9.9% 03/01/2013 <dexa scan at 6.7%!
    155- 12.0% 07/07/2013<slowbulk/recomp/maint?

Stats: 5'5", 170 lbs
    roidmonkey911 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) roidmonkey911 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) roidmonkey911 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) roidmonkey911 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) roidmonkey911 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) roidmonkey911 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) roidmonkey911 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) roidmonkey911 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) roidmonkey911 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) roidmonkey911 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) roidmonkey911 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Visit roidmonkey911's BodySpace
    I'm also offering free fat loss and nutritional advice through my facebook page, let my results speak for themself!

http://www.facebook.com/BlakeCarere

Like my page and feel free to post/ ask anything!

Stats: 5'8", 155 lbs
    JesseBrandt is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) JesseBrandt is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) JesseBrandt is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) JesseBrandt is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) JesseBrandt is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) JesseBrandt is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) JesseBrandt is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) JesseBrandt is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) JesseBrandt is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) JesseBrandt is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) JesseBrandt is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Visit JesseBrandt's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by Nexxus View Post

can you explain to him why he should be bulking and not cutting plz?
    omg dude.. do you know how to read?

Stats: 6'0", 224 lbs
    BodyPoints: 9763
    illriginalized has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) illriginalized has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) illriginalized has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) illriginalized has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) illriginalized has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) illriginalized has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) illriginalized has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) illriginalized has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) illriginalized has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) illriginalized has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) illriginalized has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit illriginalized's BodySpace
    OP

Have you tried LeanGains / Intermittent Fasting?
    If so, do you approve it? If you don't approve, may I ask why?

If not, have you read the studies on how it works?
    If so, do you approve the study? If you don't approve, may I ask why?
    أشهد أن لا إله إلاَّ الله و أشهد أن محمد رسول الله
    I do not hate Jews. What I specifically dislike is racial/ethnic supremacy and extremism that inevitably contradicts a root belief system. An example is Jewish (ethnic) supremacy aka Zionists. This is not exclusive to Jews nor their religion, there is in fact Arab zionists, Muslim zionists, Christian zionists, American zionists, Democrat zionists, and even atheist zionists.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    Fanculo la democrazia! Morte al liberalismo!

Stats: 6'2", 184 lbs
    teamdakota06 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teamdakota06 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teamdakota06 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Visit teamdakota06's BodySpace
    Josef,

I have an idea of where my macros should be at but I just wanna make sure and get a "second opinion" and get some workout advice. I am looking to gain strength and stamina while losing body fat ...

I'm 6'2, 199lbs, and I honestly never had my BF% measured. I was figuring I should be at 190g Protein, 80g Fat, and 100g Carbs. Does that sound right or what should I change?

I'm in the U.S Military(reserves) and I am firefighter so I need to keep my cardio up(I enjoy running) but I need that explosive strength so I wondering what split would you suggest? Any routines you suggest? I would love to pay for one of yours but my funds aren't high right now.

Thanks in advance!
    -John

JosefRakichFitness.com JOSEF RAKICH's Avatar
    Stats: 5'10", 180 lbs
    JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit JOSEF RAKICH's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by JesseBrandt View Post
    Hey Josef, was reading through this last night after i posted in the nutrition section - where i got attacked.. not sure why. But i should have come here first with my question for you

My main goal is to shred as much of the fat on me as possible, wouldnt mind getting to like 5 or 6% while getting the hams and glutes nice and strong - not looking for massive size here, but still looking for some size. Overall strength to weight/size, so even if i got to like 160 and was real lean that'd be fine i think.
    I'm getting back into serious sprinting for the 100m and 200m so huge bulk up top i dont think would be beneficial for me.

Im currently about 145 pounds, 5'9 and i estimated my bf % at 9.5, but i could be wrong about this among many other things.

I usually weight train legs three times a week and then leave two days for the rest of the body and usually the weekends are my rest days.

My program is light - 3x15 of ATG squats, hip thrusts, sumo/semi-sumo deadlift, bulgarian split squats, glute ham raise - my gym doesnt have a machine so i anchor my feet under the assisted leg press and set my knees up on the bosu, seated leg curls and some bb/db calf raises. My medium days are 5x5 and my heavys - which i dont really like because i dont feel like i get as good a pump compared to the 3x15 or 5x5 - are 5x3

I think I've got this right... although, again I could very well be wrong, my daily caloric need is approx 2129 which works out to:

APPROXIMATE PROTIEN INTAKE - 180G (34)%

APPROXIMATE FAT INTAKE - 60G (25%)

APPROXIMATE CARB INTAKE - 216G (41%)

Just figured this stuff out last week so im trying to gear everything towards that.

I've been eating small meals through out the day about 5 - 6, I'm going to try IF maybe, been doing the smaller meals becausae i have crohns and i think it just helps with the absorbtion of things. No proof behind that just a thought really.

Im planning on writing a log this week of how my meals go so ill post that later and you guys can rip me apart on that if necessary

Anyways any help would be much appreciated
    Lol at "getting attacked"

Well everyone has there own goals and personal preference and if you want to cut thats completely up to you even though I would personally recommend you go on a bulk. However if you do want to go ahead with your cut just stay consistent with what you do. Your macros looks fine, presuming you are in a deficit.

Originally Posted by Nexxus View Post
    link to thread josef: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=150091593

can you explain to him why he should be bulking and not cutting plz?
    \

Yup I personally agree that he should be bulking, but what he chooses to do is completely up to him.

Originally Posted by redcaesar View Post
    Hey Josef could you help with what my macros should be? I'm just seeing a lot of this IIFYM going to go start reading up on it but this is my stats.

5'9", 154 LBS, 15.5% BF(via impedance scale). Had dexa scan at 159lbs that pegged me at 18%, that day scale had me at 16.3%. So guessing actually close to 17%. Activity wise I'm a desk jockey but commute by bike to/from work about 50mins total per day 4 times a week. Do 45mins of Weight Training 3 times a week and try to run between 1h-1h 1/2 total each week.

Progress Pics

Been just doing calorie deficit, IF, and doing All-pro routine.

Thanks
    If you want a good read up on IIFYM, check out this article I write on my website:

http://www.josefrakichfitness.com/pa...-your-macros-2

WHAT DOES 'IIFYM' MEAN?

IIFYM (if it fits your macros) means you can eat ANYTHING you want as long as it fits into your daily calorie requirements and daily macronutrient split of protein, carbohydrates and fats. So basically what I'm saying is if you eat oats and brown rice compared to white bread and sugar donuts for you choice of carbohydratess it will have no difference at all on improving body composition. (as long as calorie intake is equal and macronutrient targets are met) Eating donuts won't automatically make you get fat. Gaining body fat is all about excess calories not the types of foods that you consume.

There is no such thins as "good" and "bad" foods, or "clean" and "dirty' foods" (unless you are talking about health wise). There is no list of foods your not allowed to eat to reach your body composition goals. Don't think you have to give up pizza or McDonald's just because you want to lose some weight. General body composition is about calorie and macronutrient control, hitting your macronutrient targets and calorie requirements however and whenever you want with ANY foods of your personal preference.

EXAMPLE:

500 calories, 40g protein, 40g carbohydrates and 20g fats derived from chicken breast, brown rice and olive oil.

Is equal to:

500 calories, 40g protein, 40g carbohydrates and 20g fats derived from a peperoni pizza!

Now lets say for example your daily macronutrient targets were:

Protein = 250g

Carbohydrates = 310g

Fats = 85g

And you hit these numbers through eating pizza, ice cream, mayonnaise and drinking coke. That's perfectly fine, it doesn't matter and won't make any difference on body composition.

WHAT ABOUT THE GLYCEMIC INDEX?

The Glycemic index is irrelevant because of the metabolic equation. It does not matter or make any difference whether you consume high GI food such as dextrose sugars compared to a low GI food such as oatmeal. It will make no difference what so ever on improving body composition.

Many bodybuilders follow the gylcemic index (GI) religously, and they shouldn't! Why so? Well, the GI is based on eating carbohydrates on an empty stomach without the addition of protein, lipids, fiber, water, etc. Therefore, it obviously has it's shortcomings and is not the be all end all choice for chosing our carbohydrate sources. Truth is, it's quite irrelevant when it comes to bodybuilding purposes. Let's take white potatoes for example. This food species is often avoided mainly because of it's high GI rank. Foolish. White potatoes are a very nutritious food and should be incorporated in a sound nutrition program. See, we're already spotting shortcomings challenging the elements and principles of the GI. But wait, there's more. The GI of that white potato can be drastically altered by combining it with the addition of protein, lipds, fiber, and other carbohydrates. In conclusion, the GI should not be followed religiously by bodybuilders and nutrient-density should be the main principle in one's nutrition plan, not the GI.

But won't consuming high GI foods create an insulin spike which will create more overall fat gain?

NO. There is a constant rise and fall ALL DAY. It's not the actual peaks that matter, ITS THE RESULT AT THE END OF THE DAY, eating under maintenance = net lipolysis.

Insulin spikes do not affect weight loss when you are in a deficit. This is what the average person's day looks like in regards to insulin levels:

So with G.I being irrelevant there is no list of foods your not allowed to eat and vice-versa there is no list of food you have to eat in order to reach your body composition goals. Dont think you have to give up pizza, cream donuts and fizzy drink just because you want to lose some weight. General body composition is about macronutrient and calorie control, NOT FOOD CHOICES.

DON'T GET THE WRONG IDEA!

Now I'm not saying that you should go out right now and slam back 2 whole pizzas and a can of coke just because it fits your daily macros. You should still base your diet around good healthy nutritious foods! (like I always do!) however if you want to eat that cream donut or double scoop ice cream because you have been "craving it" and it fits your daily macros, then you can eat that donut or double scoop ice cream and it won't effect your body composition at all. Food choices are irrelevant! - Meeting your daily macros and calorie requirements is what equals results!

IIFYM is not a diet, it's not a lifestyle - Its just a philosophy thats intended to make your life easier.

IIFYM does not mean you can eat however much of whatever you want. It means you can maintain your sanity by eating like a regular human being from time to time. Just use common sense and keep it all in moderation, you should always base your diet mostly around good healthy nutritious foods (which the IIFYM principle still applies to). This will help you get in your micronutrients such as fiber, omega's vitamins and minerals!

As for working out your macros, find out your LBW (lean body weight). Your total bodyweight - your body fat percentage = your LBW.

Then follow these recommendations to work out your macros:

- 1g protein per pound of your LBW (or more)

- 0.4g fat per pound of your LBW (or more)

- Then fill the remaining calories up with carbohydrates. (depending on your calorie requirements)
    ✔ ISSA Certified Personal Trainer, Fitness Model & Sponsored Athlete!

✔ Personalized Meal Plans & Workout Programs for Males & Females! (PM me for details)

✔ 12 WEEK TRANSFORMATION PROGRAM NOW AVAILABLE! (PM me for details)

✔ Follow me on FaceBook (Search: Josef Rakich Fitness)

✔ Follow me on Instagram (@JosefRakich)

✔ Subscribe to my Youtube Channel for Workout Vids (Search: Josef Rakich)

JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Originally Posted by roidmonkey911 View Post
    I'm also offering free fat loss and nutritional advice through my facebook page, let my results speak for themself!

http://www.facebook.com/BlakeCarere

Like my page and feel free to post/ ask anything!
    Good stuff bro! *thumbs up*

Originally Posted by illriginalized View Post
    OP

Have you tried LeanGains / Intermittent Fasting?
    If so, do you approve it? If you don't approve, may I ask why?

If not, have you read the studies on how it works?
    If so, do you approve the study? If you don't approve, may I ask why?
    Personally nope.

Yes I approve of I.F/LeanGains, I just don't use/follow it myself.

Originally Posted by teamdakota06 View Post
    Josef,

I have an idea of where my macros should be at but I just wanna make sure and get a "second opinion" and get some workout advice. I am looking to gain strength and stamina while losing body fat ...

I'm 6'2, 199lbs, and I honestly never had my BF% measured. I was figuring I should be at 190g Protein, 80g Fat, and 100g Carbs. Does that sound right or what should I change?

I'm in the U.S Military(reserves) and I am firefighter so I need to keep my cardio up(I enjoy running) but I need that explosive strength so I wondering what split would you suggest? Any routines you suggest? I would love to pay for one of yours but my funds aren't high right now.

Thanks in advance!
    Yup even though I don't know your LBW I can tell that macros for you is good, good amount or protein and fat. Meets your minimum requirements, just as long as you are in a calorie deficit, you will lose some body fat.

I recommend a 4-5 day split. High volume low-frequency!

Best way to train IMO!

✔ Personalized Meal Plans & Workout Programs for Males & Females! (PM me for details)

Stats: 6'0", 224 lbs
    BodyPoints: 9763
    illriginalized has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) illriginalized has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) illriginalized has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) illriginalized has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) illriginalized has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) illriginalized has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) illriginalized has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) illriginalized has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) illriginalized has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) illriginalized has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) illriginalized has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit illriginalized's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by JOSEF RAKICH View Post

Personally nope.

Yes I approve of I.F/LeanGains, I just don't use/follow it myself.

Ok cool.. Yeah I've pretty much decided to go that route for the rest of my life. LG/IF is golden in my book. Best/fastest recomping I've ever had.
    أشهد أن لا إله إلاَّ الله و أشهد أن محمد رسول الله
    I do not hate Jews. What I specifically dislike is racial/ethnic supremacy and extremism that inevitably contradicts a root belief system. An example is Jewish (ethnic) supremacy aka Zionists. This is not exclusive to Jews nor their religion, there is in fact Arab zionists, Muslim zionists, Christian zionists, American zionists, Democrat zionists, and even atheist zionists.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    Fanculo la democrazia! Morte al liberalismo!

Stats: 5'8", 120 lbs
    Ariadreamer is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit Ariadreamer's BodySpace

Red face Hi

So ive only started this whole "bodybuilding" thing for 6 months now and i look pretty thin... But i wanna look lean and fit and be rlyyy strong. And somehow i cant seem to lose fat in my legs (thighs).. But i build muscle rly fast there. Any suggestions..?! And u look completely "transformed" !!! inspirational!!! <3

Stats: 5'6", 185 lbs
    NastyNigerian is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit NastyNigerian's BodySpace
    Thanks for this tread Josef. You seem to be very well versed in nutrition. Could you please give me a macro breakdown on how I can get aesthetic? I'm 5'6 179 and what people have estimated to be 12% to 14% BF.

Stats: 140 lbs
    max1741 is a complete loser! (-2000) max1741 is a complete loser! (-2000) max1741 is a complete loser! (-2000) max1741 is a complete loser! (-2000) max1741 is a complete loser! (-2000) max1741 is a complete loser! (-2000) max1741 is a complete loser! (-2000) max1741 is a complete loser! (-2000) max1741 is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Visit max1741's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by max1741
    Apologies, Josef, must've gotten buried:

Hey quick question Josef, on a cut, how many full days of rest do you think is good for muscle groups? For me to hit upper and lower body twice a week I would have to rest the muscle groups 1 day only so I can fit in my HIIT cardio only-day there (30-45 mins). I workout sun-thurs (45min-1hr) and do nothing on sat/sun (like to rest). What do you suggest? 15 y/o and 17% BF.

And lastly, do you recommend having 1 day in the week where I eat at my maintenance calories or over to spike the metabolism? With a -500 deficit, I'm eating 1500-1600 a day for the cut.

Awesome thread & advice btw.
    Depends on the volume and intensity that you train them at. Twice per week is fine if the volume isn't excessive.

No, but I do recommend that you include a re-feed day once per week when you get a bit lower in BF.

Thanks. I've been on a calorie deficit since Mid-June this year and still been loosing weight (23 lbs as of today and feel stronger than before) do you think I should do a re-feed day pretty soon, will be first? I have yet to plateau in weight loss yet. And that refeed day I must meet protein/fat/carbs macro reqs and a cal surplus of 200 over maintenance right? Or are there more specifics?
    Last edited by max1741; 12-04-2012 at 07:35 PM.

Stats: 5'8", 171 lbs
    Tropic101 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tropic101 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tropic101 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tropic101 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tropic101 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tropic101 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tropic101 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tropic101 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tropic101 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tropic101 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tropic101 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Visit Tropic101's BodySpace
    Yup thats correct +500 to your TDEE.

Protein and fat could be higher and lower the carbs to keep calories the same. But yes the maths is all correct!
    thanks again bro

Originally Posted by Ariadreamer View Post
    So ive only started this whole "bodybuilding" thing for 6 months now and i look pretty thin... But i wanna look lean and fit and be rlyyy strong. And somehow i cant seem to lose fat in my legs (thighs).. But i build muscle rly fast there. Any suggestions..?! And u look completely "transformed" !!! inspirational!!! <3
    What are your stats?

Do you want to bulk or cut first?

Originally Posted by NastyNigerian View Post
    Thanks for this tread Josef. You seem to be very well versed in nutrition. Could you please give me a macro breakdown on how I can get aesthetic? I'm 5'6 179 and what people have estimated to be 12% to 14% BF.
    1g protein per pound of LBW, 0.4g fat per pound of LBW then fill the remaining calories up with carbs (depending on your calorie restrictions) is a good macros split to follow.

Originally Posted by max1741 View Post
    Originally Posted by max1741
    Apologies, Josef, must've gotten buried:

Hey quick question Josef, on a cut, how many full days of rest do you think is good for muscle groups? For me to hit upper and lower body twice a week I would have to rest the muscle groups 1 day only so I can fit in my HIIT cardio only-day there (30-45 mins). I workout sun-thurs (45min-1hr) and do nothing on sat/sun (like to rest). What do you suggest? 15 y/o and 17% BF.

And lastly, do you recommend having 1 day in the week where I eat at my maintenance calories or over to spike the metabolism? With a -500 deficit, I'm eating 1500-1600 a day for the cut.

Awesome thread & advice btw.
    Depends on the volume and intensity that you train them at. Twice per week is fine if the volume isn't excessive.

No, but I do recommend that you include a re-feed day once per week when you get a bit lower in BF.
    Depends on volume/intensity you train at. If low volume you can train multiple times per week, if high volume probably best keeping it to once per week per muscle group.

Just stay consistent with your calorie deficit. Include a re-feed day (this can be a slight surplus) once you have been dieting for some time.

Stats: 5'9", 235 lbs
    mdoghman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mdoghman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mdoghman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mdoghman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mdoghman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mdoghman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mdoghman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mdoghman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mdoghman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mdoghman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mdoghman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit mdoghman's BodySpace
    First of all, your physique looks amazing i hope i can ever get there,

I have a question please:
    I have been trying diets (keto, low carb, carb recycling) being in calorie deficit and working out. Then I realized because of my diets I ended being too tired to work out. I am trying to lose Fat a lot of it. I am pretty strong in my work out and I have done a lot of martial arts but being a graphic designer caused me to gain lots of weight.

Now 2 weeks ago I decided to change everything. I started going to the gym with my focus to build muscle instead of losing weight. (because I know more muscles burn more calories). And I swim like 4 times week; why? it is fun and it feels like a workout since I am so tired after it and I feel it in my muscles.

I am not on a diet at the moment.

Do you think this is a good approach to lose weight? Build muscles first? I weight 250 lbs and I need to lose like 40 lbs of fat to be in a very good shape.

Thanks

(p.s. currently I work out 3 days a week doing only compound exercises and super sets when possible and the gym is not too crowded)

Stats: 5'10", 176 lbs
    humzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) humzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) humzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) humzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) humzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) humzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) humzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) humzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) humzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) humzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) humzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit humzah's BodySpace
    Not a problem!

Also when working out your macros 0.8g protein per pound of LBW is actually more than enough, but still my own personal recommendation is 1g/lb. I believe it to be optimal, even though study's do say 0.8g is more than enough. (personal opinion thing).

Also if anyone is wanting a perfectly structured personalized Meal Plan, Workout Program or my Extreme Abs Workouts just visit my website below! Also take a look at all my clients transformations/testimonials!

Currently have a *LIMITED TIEM SPECIAL OFFER* on my Ultimate Personal Training Package! Check it out!

www.JosefRakichFitness.com[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I agree. I guess I was just so scared of muscle loss by reducing proteins that I never considered this approach but THANK GOD for your post here because I was SERIOUSLY getting sick of downing 172gs of protein daily. This probably was also why my weight loss stalled. I don't think I needed all that protein. So far I've increased carb intake but from next week I'll reduce carb intake too (I already have reduced protein intake as per your advice) and see how that helps. How do you come up with these values though? Just asking because it's interesting and makes sense though? People out there would have you believe what they think/believe is right but what you say actually makes more sense.

EDIT- Also, Josef, you've frequently spoken about the importance of a slow cut here. How slow are you talking here? I'm asking cuz I'm on my 9th month here- reduced 22 lbs so far. Wanna go further .

ScaryMettle is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    First time post made the account to ask this:
    I started hardcore bodybuilding about 6 months ago, was already in decent shape. I am 5'8 150 at about 8% body fat. I can see my top 4 abs easily and have decent definition everywhere (obliques, serratus, etc) but I have a rather large squishy pudge spot right around my belly button. The trainer at my gym says it is water weight and that I need to increase the size of my lower abs but my upper abs are rather large. This could be a muscle imbalance but that seems extreme. Do you think it is possible this is just water weight or do I somehow need to lose more fat? I have little to no fat anywhere but here and it looks disproportionate and is damn frustrating. My ancestry is from extremely cold climate (we are very hairy and store fat easily) Anyway if anyone has solved this issue or has some advice PLEASE let me know as I have been stuck at this point for months.

I was dieting hardcore 2,000 calories assload of cardio but the fat loss stopped and was starting to eat my muscle and lose strength dramatically. Now I am lifting 4x a week cardio 3x and eating roughly 3,500 on days 2,000 off days

Solipsist360 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    JOSEF RAKICH,

I have a question about getting six-pack abs.

I'm far from "swole" but have a decent amount of muscle on me (in comparison to regular people -- not bodybuilders, lol). My personal stats are 5'8" and about 150 lbs, I have very vascular arms, and a pretty good six-pack whenever I flex my abs (and otherwise, they are still relatively hard, just not nearly as visible). I usually eat around 1500-2000 calories per day, if I had to guess, of which most are very clean (i.e., oatmeal w/ whey protein, whey protein shake mixed w/ water, club sandwich-type meal, sweet potato, etc.). I almost never drink soda, eat french fries, eat pizza, eat cake or candy, and generally stay away from high-fat, high-sugar, junk food.

I also work out on average 3-5 days per week consistently, making sure to hit every body part and give each of them a reasonable time to rest.

My main problem is: my abs only look solid when I'm flexing them. My stomach is still flat when at rest, and you can tell there's muscle there if you touch it, but the abs become hard to see. How can I make my abs extremely visible and pop out when I'm simply resting and being normal? I already abstain from eating bad foods, eat clean foods, work out regularly, and have a very reasonable calorie intake.

I know I'm missing something here (obviously), and I'd really appreciate your input. Thanks in advance. And yes, I created this forum account primarily to ask you for help.

Stats: 5'6", 155 lbs
    geminigurl is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit geminigurl's BodySpace

Exclamation newbie help

Ok so, my husband is trying to make a change for the better. He is quite overweight, 320 lbs 5ft 10 inches. He is wanting to loose the fat and eventually gain some muscle. We started tracking his calories (without making any food changes) so we could get an idea of where he is at. We discouvered he was only getting around 1200-1300 calories a day. On top of that he actually gained 8 lbs in the last 2 weeks.

We figured before even starting this that his metabolism had probably slowed to a crawl and that he was stuck in the so called "starvation mode". We already know the simple answer to this, is to up his caloric intake to get his body back in balance. However my question is, should he be exercising during this time as well? Or should he focus on upping his calories for a couple weeks then resuming exercise?

My last question is which set of macros should he follow.
    myfitnesspal says 2080 calories. fat 69g/ protein 78g/ carbs 286g
    low carb diet found online says 2400 calories fat 93/ protein 240 / carbs 150
    and a post found on bodybuilding.com suggests 2600 calories 75 fats/ 300 protein / 181 carbs
    or something else completely.

Thanks.

Stats: 6'0", 178 lbs
    jurkajurkajur is not very helpful. (-500) jurkajurkajur is not very helpful. (-500)
    Visit jurkajurkajur's BodySpace
    Hey josef, do u count trace calories?
    For example, 100g oats have 10g protein and 7g fat, do you include these cals in total calorie intake?

And what my cutting macros should look like, im 18yo 178 lbs 5"10 14% bf male, workout 3 times a week and do boxing 2 days a week which comes total 2 hours of boxing per week aside from that i aint active at all, i spend most of my time sedentary at school, studying etc

Stats: 5'10", 156 lbs
    jhadkins10 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jhadkins10 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jhadkins10 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jhadkins10 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jhadkins10 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jhadkins10 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jhadkins10 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jhadkins10 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jhadkins10 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jhadkins10 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jhadkins10 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Visit jhadkins10's BodySpace
    If your in a situation when u eat for a social event and u don't know what ur taking in whats ur thoughts on best way to handle this for calories and macros?

Stats: 5'10", 163 lbs
    Freshdou has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Freshdou has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Freshdou has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Freshdou has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Freshdou has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Freshdou has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Freshdou has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Freshdou has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Freshdou has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Freshdou has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Freshdou has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit Freshdou's BodySpace
    Which of these routines would you recommend mainly for aesthetics (V-Taper ish)?

P/P/L/P/P/L/rest
    Chest/Tri, Back/Bi, Legs/Shoulders , rest, repeat

If I have a wide pelvis, what exercises and body groups should I focus on to put mass up to make it less noticeable?

Thanks
    Hunger is Temporary, Glory is Eternal

Stats: 140 lbs
    max1741 is a complete loser! (-2000) max1741 is a complete loser! (-2000) max1741 is a complete loser! (-2000) max1741 is a complete loser! (-2000) max1741 is a complete loser! (-2000) max1741 is a complete loser! (-2000) max1741 is a complete loser! (-2000) max1741 is a complete loser! (-2000) max1741 is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Visit max1741's BodySpace
    Depends on volume/intensity you train at. If low volume you can train multiple times per week, if high volume probably best keeping it to once per week per muscle group.

Just stay consistent with your calorie deficit. Include a re-feed day (this can be a slight surplus) once you have been dieting for some time.
    My bad, I failed at quoting, here's what I posted: Thanks. I've been on a calorie deficit since Mid-June this year and still been loosing weight (23 lbs as of today and feel stronger than before) do you think I should do a re-feed day pretty soon? (will be the first refeed) I have yet to plateau in weight loss yet. And that refeed day I must meet protein/fat/carbs macro reqs and how much over maintenance cals?
    Last edited by max1741; 12-05-2012 at 05:43 PM.

Stats: 5'7", 179 lbs
    caseyjohnson is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) caseyjohnson is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) caseyjohnson is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) caseyjohnson is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) caseyjohnson is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) caseyjohnson is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) caseyjohnson is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) caseyjohnson is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) caseyjohnson is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) caseyjohnson is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) caseyjohnson is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Visit caseyjohnson's BodySpace
    Hey Josef, I asked you about how to do a proper refeed and you said you'd write me a good explanation of how to do a structured refeed into my diet. I haven't seen you respond to it so I was wondering if you could explain that to me. Is it lowering your fats and protein to fit in 300+ carbs?

Stats: 180 lbs
    MontanaWalcott is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit MontanaWalcott's BodySpace

Cutting fat

Hey, I was hoping u could help me lose about 10lbs in fat w.o losing strength. I'm about 5'9 and 180lbs. Where do I begin? Will thermogens help? What should I eat? Cardio? Etc... Thanks man

Stats: 5'10", 170 lbs
    Gonz420 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit Gonz420's BodySpace
    Hello Josef

I am fairly new to weightlifting and need some direction. I've been going to the gym for about half a year now, but have only really got into weights over the past couple months. My goal is to lose fat and gain strength/lean muscle at this point. I am 5"10 and currently weight 177lbs and think my bf% is about 22.5. In May I weighed 192 and don't know what my bf% was.

Last month was pretty good; I got to the gym 16 times (so 4 times a week basically). I would do 2 full body workouts and 2-30 min cardio workouts of moderate intensity (one interval and one steady state). I basically followed the same workout regimen for the full body workouts: 3 sets assisted pull ups, 3 set assisted dips, 3 sets dumpbell chest presses, 3 set squats on smith, 3 sets bicep curls, 3 sets upper rows and 3 sets lateral shoulder raises. Reps between 8-12 for each set. I try to keep rest between sets to around 1 minute and pair them up, to try to keep heart rate and intensity up. After two weeks I would up the weights by 5 to 10% if possible.

My diet seems pretty good / clean but could use improvement. I don't count calories but if I had to guess I'd be around the 2000 to 2200 range. My weight has been stalled at 177 for quite a while, but my overall appearance is starting to look leaner.

I don't want to bore you with too many more details for the first post so do you have any suggestions based on what I have posted. Does slow and steady win the race? or can you really subscribe to one of those 12 week get shredded programs and see results quickly?

Thanks in advance

Stats: 5'11", 140 lbs
    hamworld05 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hamworld05 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hamworld05 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hamworld05 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hamworld05 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hamworld05 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hamworld05 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hamworld05 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hamworld05 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hamworld05 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hamworld05 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Visit hamworld05's BodySpace
    Yo Josef, what do you think about this diet from this link here: http://www.facebook.com/notes/fitnes...56586674402562

Drink a 30-40 gram meal replacement shake for breakfast.
    Drink a 30-40 gram meal replacement shake for lunch.
    Eat a salad for dinner with 1-2 chicken breasts and vinegar based dressing (I like rice vinegar).
    If you are especially hungry, eat an apple after dinner.
    If you are still hungry, eat a cup of cottage cheese before bed.
    "ham boy"

Will answer all your questions later today guys!

Just heading off to the gym to do my own training.

beastmodex23 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Ok so your LBW is roughly 165lbs.

Protein should be 165g+

Fat should be 66g+

Carbs should be your remaining calories depending on your calorie requirements.

If you want to workout a rough estimation of how much calories you need go to google and type in "maintenance calorie calculator"
    Do i have to meet my carbs or can i just wing it? Do they have to be mostly whole wheat or carbs are carbs no matter? It came out to a couple hundred and i dont think i can fit that much in my diet.
    Last edited by beastmodex23; 12-06-2012 at 03:33 PM.

dhk8880 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dhk8880 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dhk8880 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dhk8880 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dhk8880 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dhk8880 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dhk8880 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dhk8880 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dhk8880 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dhk8880 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dhk8880 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Visit dhk8880's BodySpace
    Josef,
    If u have been on a cut say 400 deficit. Once u meet your bodyfat goals do u recommend slightly increasing calories back to maintenance? Or just adding the 400 back in?

Then to gain lean muscle should u increase slightly like 100 above maintenance slowly? Or just ju p to say 500 above maintenance?

Thanks

Originally Posted by mdoghman View Post
    First of all, your physique looks amazing i hope i can ever get there,

I have a question please:
    I have been trying diets (keto, low carb, carb recycling) being in calorie deficit and working out. Then I realized because of my diets I ended being too tired to work out. I am trying to lose Fat a lot of it. I am pretty strong in my work out and I have done a lot of martial arts but being a graphic designer caused me to gain lots of weight.

Now 2 weeks ago I decided to change everything. I started going to the gym with my focus to build muscle instead of losing weight. (because I know more muscles burn more calories). And I swim like 4 times week; why? it is fun and it feels like a workout since I am so tired after it and I feel it in my muscles.

I am not on a diet at the moment.

Do you think this is a good approach to lose weight? Build muscles first? I weight 250 lbs and I need to lose like 40 lbs of fat to be in a very good shape.

Thanks

(p.s. currently I work out 3 days a week doing only compound exercises and super sets when possible and the gym is not too crowded)
    What is your current body fat?

Upload a pic and I will advise you on whether to bulk or cut..

Originally Posted by humzah View Post

Yeah, I agree. I guess I was just so scared of muscle loss by reducing proteins that I never considered this approach but THANK GOD for your post here because I was SERIOUSLY getting sick of downing 172gs of protein daily. This probably was also why my weight loss stalled. I don't think I needed all that protein. So far I've increased carb intake but from next week I'll reduce carb intake too (I already have reduced protein intake as per your advice) and see how that helps. How do you come up with these values though? Just asking because it's interesting and makes sense though? People out there would have you believe what they think/believe is right but what you say actually makes more sense.

EDIT- Also, Josef, you've frequently spoken about the importance of a slow cut here. How slow are you talking here? I'm asking cuz I'm on my 9th month here- reduced 22 lbs so far. Wanna go further .
    They are just recommended requirements that you should try and meet. Your body need protein and fat to survive. Carbs are not needed.

Don't have to stress over it too much, your muscles won't just fall off, if you are at a 500-800 calorie deficit you will be fine. Anything over 1000 calorie deficit then you will want to reconsider your calorie intake.

Originally Posted by ScaryMettle View Post
    I started hardcore bodybuilding about 6 months ago, was already in decent shape. I am 5'8 150 at about 8% body fat. I can see my top 4 abs easily and have decent definition everywhere (obliques, serratus, etc) but I have a rather large squishy pudge spot right around my belly button. The trainer at my gym says it is water weight and that I need to increase the size of my lower abs but my upper abs are rather large. This could be a muscle imbalance but that seems extreme. Do you think it is possible this is just water weight or do I somehow need to lose more fat? I have little to no fat anywhere but here and it looks disproportionate and is damn frustrating. My ancestry is from extremely cold climate (we are very hairy and store fat easily) Anyway if anyone has solved this issue or has some advice PLEASE let me know as I have been stuck at this point for months.

I was dieting hardcore 2,000 calories assload of cardio but the fat loss stopped and was starting to eat my muscle and lose strength dramatically. Now I am lifting 4x a week cardio 3x and eating roughly 3,500 on days 2,000 off days
    Meh "water weight" I hear this so often, get extremely lean and if will go, trust me. Just lose more overall fat bro.

Originally Posted by Solipsist360 View Post
    JOSEF RAKICH,

I have a question about getting six-pack abs.

I'm far from "swole" but have a decent amount of muscle on me (in comparison to regular people -- not bodybuilders, lol). My personal stats are 5'8" and about 150 lbs, I have very vascular arms, and a pretty good six-pack whenever I flex my abs (and otherwise, they are still relatively hard, just not nearly as visible). I usually eat around 1500-2000 calories per day, if I had to guess, of which most are very clean (i.e., oatmeal w/ whey protein, whey protein shake mixed w/ water, club sandwich-type meal, sweet potato, etc.). I almost never drink soda, eat french fries, eat pizza, eat cake or candy, and generally stay away from high-fat, high-sugar, junk food.

I also work out on average 3-5 days per week consistently, making sure to hit every body part and give each of them a reasonable time to rest.

My main problem is: my abs only look solid when I'm flexing them. My stomach is still flat when at rest, and you can tell there's muscle there if you touch it, but the abs become hard to see. How can I make my abs extremely visible and pop out when I'm simply resting and being normal? I already abstain from eating bad foods, eat clean foods, work out regularly, and have a very reasonable calorie intake.

I know I'm missing something here (obviously), and I'd really appreciate your input. Thanks in advance. And yes, I created this forum account primarily to ask you for help.
    Muscle hypertrophy (increase in muscle size) + lower body fat = bigger abs with deeper cuts.

Originally Posted by geminigurl View Post
    Ok so, my husband is trying to make a change for the better. He is quite overweight, 320 lbs 5ft 10 inches. He is wanting to loose the fat and eventually gain some muscle. We started tracking his calories (without making any food changes) so we could get an idea of where he is at. We discouvered he was only getting around 1200-1300 calories a day. On top of that he actually gained 8 lbs in the last 2 weeks.

We figured before even starting this that his metabolism had probably slowed to a crawl and that he was stuck in the so called "starvation mode". We already know the simple answer to this, is to up his caloric intake to get his body back in balance. However my question is, should he be exercising during this time as well? Or should he focus on upping his calories for a couple weeks then resuming exercise?

My last question is which set of macros should he follow.
    myfitnesspal says 2080 calories. fat 69g/ protein 78g/ carbs 286g
    low carb diet found online says 2400 calories fat 93/ protein 240 / carbs 150
    and a post found on bodybuilding.com suggests 2600 calories 75 fats/ 300 protein / 181 carbs
    or something else completely.

Thanks.
    Good stuff!

Yes any type of exercise will benefit him a lot, it will be good for his metabolism also.

As for the macros aim for 1g protein per pound of LBW, 0.4g fat per pound of LBW then fill the remain gin calories up with carbs.

Originally Posted by jurkajurkajur View Post
    Hey josef, do u count trace calories?
    For example, 100g oats have 10g protein and 7g fat, do you include these cals in total calorie intake?

And what my cutting macros should look like, im 18yo 178 lbs 5"10 14% bf male, workout 3 times a week and do boxing 2 days a week which comes total 2 hours of boxing per week aside from that i aint active at all, i spend most of my time sedentary at school, studying etc
    Yes count trace calories, your body does so you should too!

As for the macros aim for 1g protein per pound of LBW, 0.4g fat per pound of LBW then fill the remain gin calories up with carbs. (I feel like I repeat this every question lol)

Originally Posted by jhadkins10 View Post
    If your in a situation when u eat for a social event and u don't know what ur taking in whats ur thoughts on best way to handle this for calories and macros?
    IIFYM, use a calorie counting app such as MyFitnessPal or something like that or you can work out the nutrition information by going to a website such as www.calorieking.com

Originally Posted by Freshdou View Post
    Which of these routines would you recommend mainly for aesthetics (V-Taper ish)?

P/P/L/P/P/L/rest
    Chest/Tri, Back/Bi, Legs/Shoulders , rest, repeat

If I have a wide pelvis, what exercises and body groups should I focus on to put mass up to make it less noticeable?

Thanks
    A high volume 5 day split. Best way to train IMO.

Originally Posted by max1741 View Post
    My bad, I failed at quoting, here's what I posted: Thanks. I've been on a calorie deficit since Mid-June this year and still been loosing weight (23 lbs as of today and feel stronger than before) do you think I should do a re-feed day pretty soon? (will be the first refeed) I have yet to plateau in weight loss yet. And that refeed day I must meet protein/fat/carbs macro reqs and how much over maintenance cals?
    Originally Posted by caseyjohnson View Post
    Hey Josef, I asked you about how to do a proper refeed and you said you'd write me a good explanation of how to do a structured refeed into my diet. I haven't seen you respond to it so I was wondering if you could explain that to me. Is it lowering your fats and protein to fit in 300+ carbs?
    For a re-feed day you should increase your carb intake 100% or more, putting you into a calorie surplus.. (you can lower your protein and fat intake for more carbs yes)

Originally Posted by MontanaWalcott View Post
    Hey, I was hoping u could help me lose about 10lbs in fat w.o losing strength. I'm about 5'9 and 180lbs. Where do I begin? Will thermogens help? What should I eat? Cardio? Etc... Thanks man
    Calorie deficit diet + cardio.

Yes thermos will help but your diet is the most important factor here. If you want a perfectly structured meal plan to lose fat and get ripped just visit my website: www.JosefRakichFitness.com also check out some of my past clients transformations after following my meal plans and workout programs, etc..

http://www.josefrakichfitness.com/pages/testimonials

Originally Posted by Gonz420 View Post
    Hello Josef

I am fairly new to weightlifting and need some direction. I've been going to the gym for about half a year now, but have only really got into weights over the past couple months. My goal is to lose fat and gain strength/lean muscle at this point. I am 5"10 and currently weight 177lbs and think my bf% is about 22.5. In May I weighed 192 and don't know what my bf% was.

Last month was pretty good; I got to the gym 16 times (so 4 times a week basically). I would do 2 full body workouts and 2-30 min cardio workouts of moderate intensity (one interval and one steady state). I basically followed the same workout regimen for the full body workouts: 3 sets assisted pull ups, 3 set assisted dips, 3 sets dumpbell chest presses, 3 set squats on smith, 3 sets bicep curls, 3 sets upper rows and 3 sets lateral shoulder raises. Reps between 8-12 for each set. I try to keep rest between sets to around 1 minute and pair them up, to try to keep heart rate and intensity up. After two weeks I would up the weights by 5 to 10% if possible.

My diet seems pretty good / clean but could use improvement. I don't count calories but if I had to guess I'd be around the 2000 to 2200 range. My weight has been stalled at 177 for quite a while, but my overall appearance is starting to look leaner.

I don't want to bore you with too many more details for the first post so do you have any suggestions based on what I have posted. Does slow and steady win the race? or can you really subscribe to one of those 12 week get shredded programs and see results quickly?

Thanks in advance
    Why does everyone tell me there diet is "CLEAN" what does this even mean? Guys there is no such thing as "clean" or "dirty" foods.. Its all about meeting your daily macros and calorie requirements, how you choose to do this is completely up to you, the food choices you make do not matter!

If you want to continue losing fat bro you need to decrease calories even more or increase your cardio.

Closed Thread
Page 84 of 165 FirstFirst ... 34 74 82 83 84 85 86 94 134 ... LastLast