Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

Page 82 of 165 FirstFirst ... 32 72 80 81 82 83 84 92 132 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,460 of 4923
    eastcoastATL is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) eastcoastATL is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) eastcoastATL is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) eastcoastATL is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) eastcoastATL is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) eastcoastATL is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) eastcoastATL is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) eastcoastATL is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) eastcoastATL is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) eastcoastATL is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) eastcoastATL is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    So let's say one is 10% bf with around on a 2,000cal diet 135lbs of lbw
    He should have 135g of protein(504cal)
    54g of fat(486 cal)
    And 253g of carbohydrates(1,010 cal)
    What's are some vegan meals that I can make(make sites that someone who never even remotely cooked before can do)

If they get the grams of protein and grams of fat in early, can they fest on other crap(excluding Marcos)

Stats: 5'1", 104 lbs
    Katie4004 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Katie4004 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Katie4004 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Katie4004 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Katie4004 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Katie4004 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Katie4004 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Katie4004 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Katie4004 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Katie4004 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Katie4004 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Visit Katie4004's BodySpace
    What do you think of leangains? leangains.com/2010/03/maintaining-low-body-fat
    What is the benefit of intermittent fasting? Will cycling calories (eating at a deficit on non workout days and eating at a surplus on workout days) drastically increase the time it takes to reach your goal physique? Also, what would happen if someone my size lifted heavy while eating at maintenance?
    Thanks.

MightySTAR1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MightySTAR1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MightySTAR1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MightySTAR1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MightySTAR1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MightySTAR1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MightySTAR1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MightySTAR1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MightySTAR1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MightySTAR1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MightySTAR1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit MightySTAR1's BodySpace
    hi,

im new to this and i dont understand about the proteins, etc. how can i know how much protein does my food have?? Im just having milk for breakfast and whatever theres at home for lunch and thats it for the day (+water). how should my meals be??' I used to weigh 43kg, now im at 51kg (pregnancy). Im going to the gym but see no progress.... my belly is still the same, sometimes i think i just need a tummy tuck.

sorry my english is not good

Stats: 5'3", 132 lbs
    Natalieblaze89 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit Natalieblaze89's BodySpace

should I stop taking whey protein?

Hi! I am a 23 year old girl. 5.2 1/2 and weigh I'm guessing around 140. Last time I checked my body fat was around 23%. I am starting to gain more weight within the past month--I have been drinking this homemade fruit smoothie and I put one scoop of whey protein in it. I think I gained both muscle and fat, but I feel as though I look to bulky. I don't want to be a bodybuilder, I want to look slim with toned muscles. what should I eat and also what should I do exercise-wise? I need to trim down a good bit in my butt and thighs for sure.

Thank you!!
    -Natalie

Stats: 6'1", 194 lbs
    djlawuk is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit djlawuk's BodySpace
    Hi Josef, me again...

What would your thoughts be on having slightly more carbs on training days than rest days for extra energy?

For example five days of the week when training my macros could look like this:

Protein: 1 x 186 (744 cals) -186g
    Fat: .45 x 186 (753 cals) - 83.7g
    Carbs: (603 cals) -150g

And then on rest days like this:

Protein - 1.2 x 186 (892 cals) - 223.2g
    Fat: 0.45 x 186 (753 cals) - 83.7g
    Carbs (455 Cals) - 113g

Cheers Danny

Is alcohol a macro? Seoulseeker's Avatar
    Stats: 6'4", 235 lbs
    BodyPoints: 6
    Seoulseeker is a name known to all. (+5000) Seoulseeker is a name known to all. (+5000) Seoulseeker is a name known to all. (+5000) Seoulseeker is a name known to all. (+5000) Seoulseeker is a name known to all. (+5000) Seoulseeker is a name known to all. (+5000) Seoulseeker is a name known to all. (+5000) Seoulseeker is a name known to all. (+5000) Seoulseeker is a name known to all. (+5000) Seoulseeker is a name known to all. (+5000) Seoulseeker is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Visit Seoulseeker's BodySpace
    My apologies to Brosef for hijacking...

Originally Posted by Natalieblaze89 View Post
    Hi! I am a 23 year old girl. 5.2 1/2 and weigh I'm guessing around 140.
    Really Natalie...guessing I weigh?

Last time I checked my body fat was around 23%.
    And when was that, and what method did you use?

I am starting to gain more weight within the past month--I have been drinking this homemade fruit smoothie and I put one scoop of whey protein in it.
    And what might the ingredients and nutritional info (macros) be for this "homemade fruit smoothie", hmmmm??

I think I gained both muscle and fat, but I feel as though I look to bulky. I don't want to be a bodybuilder, I want to look slim with toned muscles. what should I eat and also what should I do exercise-wise? I need to trim down a good bit in my butt and thighs for sure.
    Sigh...where to start! What do you mean you "...think I gained both muscle and fat..."? Do you mean you gained weight? Have you measured your BF% vice lean muscle mass? If so, how? You do know that there is no such thing as spot reduction for fat, so if your "butt and thighs" are too "big" for you're liking, then its probably do to your body composition/type.

Or, if that's too hard - send me $199.95 and I'll give you all the answers, a workout plan, and weekly diet to follow for achieving your goals!

Yea - I'm an as$hole, but you need to learn nao that nothing is free! Do the research on this forum and you'll get there! Help us help you by at least trying...dig harder! Dig deeper!! Search!! Take the time!!! If you don't/can't then why should we??

Thank you!!
    BTW - If I come off conceited, argumentative, obtuse, or some other irritating adjective, make no mistake - it is absolutely intentional! At the same time, I openly acknowledge that this community enabled me to achieve my goals thus far - if only everyone who wanted to transform their body would just take the time to learn/think/do and pay a visit to BB.com...regardless of my comments I do very much value your inputs and appreciate your contribution to our community.

Stats: 5'10", 163 lbs
    Freshdou has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Freshdou has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Freshdou has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Freshdou has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Freshdou has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Freshdou has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Freshdou has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Freshdou has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Freshdou has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Freshdou has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Freshdou has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit Freshdou's BodySpace
    Can I do a refeed on only Kashi Cereal, non fat Milk, and maybe a bit of Proats?
    Hunger is Temporary, Glory is Eternal

Stats: 6'1", 185 lbs
    BodyPoints: 27
    kmankolb is a complete loser! (-2000) kmankolb is a complete loser! (-2000) kmankolb is a complete loser! (-2000) kmankolb is a complete loser! (-2000) kmankolb is a complete loser! (-2000) kmankolb is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Visit kmankolb's BodySpace
    How does this diet look....

Carbs - 3.3
    Fats - 90.5
    Protein - 210

Calories - 1700

??

I weigh 192 and im trying to cut the fat while maintaining (or even building) some muscle.

Thanks

JosefRakichFitness.com JOSEF RAKICH's Avatar
    Stats: 5'10", 180 lbs
    JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit JOSEF RAKICH's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by Mxxz View Post
    i bought some cookies and cream optimum casien for my lean bulk :P sht tastes so good.

also had a re-feed today, lowered protien to 1g per lb bw, and fats low
    marcos: P 165 C 486.5g F 40 (ate rice bubbles, corn flakes, and rice cakes for carbs)

didnt lift or do cardio today either as i read it is better to let your muscles fillout and restore the glycogen inb4 whale.

but also with the free time made a new diet basiclly the same but i devided the protien a bit more even and added some carbs into the pre wo meal

Protein 1.5g per pound bw
    Fat 0.4 per pound Lbm

= 2031.9 Calorie Diet.

Upon Waking consume 3 Shred caps + drink 16oz cold water then eat.

Breakfast - Proats (MEAL TOTAL: P 54 C 33 F 5.1)
    2 scoops of whey (P 48g C 3 F 1) - *248* calories
    40g of oats - ( P 6 C 30 F 4.5)
    2 Fish oil caps (P 0 C 0 F 2)

Meal 2 (MEAL TOTAL: P 46 C 3 F 27)
    6oz chicken breast (P 46 C 3 F 9)
    91g brocolli (P 3 C 5 F 0)
    olive oil (18g) (F 18 C0 P0)
    2 Fish oil caps (P 0 C 0 F 2)

Meal 3 (MEAL TOTAL: P 42 C 55 F 21)
    175g of tuna (P 45.5 C 0 F 1)
    240g sweet potato (P 5 C 50 F 0)
    12g olive oil (P 0 C 0 F 12)

- x-tend during training (28 calories) *ONLY ON CARDIO DAYS*

Meal 4 (MEAL TOTAL: P 48 C 30 F 1)
    2 scoops of whey (P 48g C 3 F 1) - *248* calories
    268g apple (P 0 C 30 F 0)

Meal 5 (MEAL TOTAL: P 52 C 7 F 5)
    chicken breast 160g (P 43 C 3 F 9)
    91g brocolli (P 3 C 5 F 0)

total *Macros*

59.1g fat = 531.9
    247g protien = 988
    128g carbs = 512
    Nice bro, nice re-feed day!

And yes cookies and cream, fuaaaaaaaaark, I remember making that into protein sludge.. So good!

Originally Posted by WrkoutWarrior18 View Post
    Thanks for the advice and yessir I'm just readin through all this to gather info. Can you design a meal plan for me? I know how to lift properly but I'm not very food savvy I have 6 months to drop from my 215 to at least 195. I have a good amount of muscle just need to drop the weight!
    Not a problem!

Yes I sure design a perfect meal plan for you, just visit my website. www.JosefRakichFitness.com

Originally Posted by ReyMysterio619 View Post
    Dear Josef,

I am trying to lose weight. I weigh 210 lbs and my BMR is 1970 kcals.

I work out 3 times a week doing a Strong Lifts 5x5 programme.

I'm going to incorporate some cycling into my routine in the morning before I go to work.

To add, I also have a condition called hypothyroidism which means my metabolism does not work properly. I take 100mcg of levothyroxine everyday to stabilise my metabolism.

I did weigh 173 lbs but due to my metabolism not working and being un-diagnosed I put on weight rapidly.

I really want my old clothes to fit me. Is there any advice you can give me to lose weight and be the person I want to be.

Kind Regards,

Rey Mysterio
    Forget your BMR, you need to know your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure)

If you want to lose weight and achieve your goal physique you need to consume less calories than your TDEE.

Take a read of this, it explain how to calculate your calories and macronutrient needs

http://www.josefrakichfitness.com/pa...nutrient-needs

Originally Posted by bpshock View Post
    Hey. I'm bulking up now for the next 4 months. 5'10" 198 lbs ~14% BF and doing 1.4g/lb protein, .4g/lb fats, rest filled with carbs @ +500 calorie intake per day.
    I plan to cut for 3-4 months after my bulk.
    1. Do I need to change my macro intake (e.g., 1.4g/lb protein lessed or added?) when I start cutting?
    2. If I get up to 205 lbs with 15% BF, how much BF will I have if losing 10 pounds? 15? Or if you don't feel like doing the math how do I calculate it lol
    3. If I cut back down about 10 pounds during my cutting phase, will am I likely to look bigger, or just more lean?
    4. If I cut back down about 10 pounds during my cutting phase, won't I just be back where I started right before my bulk? How does the process of cutting/bulking reserve muscle if that makes sense?
    5. Is cardio a necessity even if you have a strict calorie deficit diet?
    6. At what BF do you recommend to start doing oblique exercises?
    1. 1g protein per pound of LBW is plenty.

2. If you are 205lbs at 15% you are roughly 174lbs of LBW.

3. You will look leaner, but because you will look leaner you may appear to be bigger due to the fact that your muscle definition stands out more.

4. No because you would have gained some muscle during your bulking phase.

5. No not needed, but it can be beneficial.

6. Do them now, you don't have to be at a certain BF% to train your obliques.

Originally Posted by kashasha View Post
    Thanx Josef. Just saw ur website and it is extremely neat. Surely someday u will be the fitness icon of the world...thanx for the inspiration and the motivation. Good luck.
    Thanks!

Originally Posted by alejandroPH View Post
    hey josef just to clear things up here (sorry got kinda lost), so basically if for instance you measured a cup of dry oats, it won't make no difference if you cook that cup and still use the nutritional info for the dry ??
    If you cook the oats or not it will not mater. Sometimes I cook my oats sometimes I don't.

Originally Posted by ivxenz View Post
    hey josef,

quick question about diet sodas. If i get hungry or crave something to eat i usually drink a diet coke (usually two 8oz cans a day). One of them is usually late at night when i am feeling hungry an hour or so before bed. Is there any negative impact of a diet coke with respect to fat loss?
    Just keep it in moderation and you will be fine.

Originally Posted by elite2292 View Post
    1. What would be the difference in buying a meal plan from you instead of following my own considering I only eat 3 meals a day and am limited to a certain number foods pretty much whatever is available?

2. You suggest only a 300 calorie surplus to make lean muscle gains so that would mean that you absolutely HAVE to count calories in order to make lean gains?
    1. I work out everything to the point, I work out how much protein carbs and fats you need for the best results possible and I meet those targets in your meal plan so you are guaranteed amazing results.

2. Yes thats correct, the more attention you pay to your calories the more precise you can be with things.

Originally Posted by robparker1992 View Post
    Hi josef, I have been clean bulking for one month and was gonna start cutting in january/feb. I have just got a back injury which has interrupted my lifting. Doctor has said I can't lift heavy (at least the main compounds) for a few weeks. Do you think cutting would be a viable option or do I really not have enough mass?

Stats:

5'6 138lbs

What I would like most is to get at least 15% before clean bulking since the fat has got to come off sometime but I do not want to look ill by cutting to nothing. After lifting I look like I have a lot more mass than I actually have (of course due to pump). I would love your opinion on what I should do.

I know you will be truthful with your answer so thanks in advance.

I am still a novice lifter so will probably expect more noob gains
    What is "clean" bulking?

There is no such thins as "clean" and "dirty' foods". There is no list of foods your not allowed to eat to reach your body composition goals. Don't think you have to give up pizza or McDonald's just because you want to lose some weight. General body composition is about calorie and macronutrient control, hitting your macronutrient targets and calorie requirements however and whenever you want with ANY foods of your personal preference.

EXAMPLE:

500 calories, 40g protein, 40g carbohydrates and 20g fats derived from chicken breast, brown rice and olive oil.

Is equal to:

500 calories, 40g protein, 40g carbohydrates and 20g fats derived from a peperoni pizza!

Now lets say for example your daily macronutrient targets were:

Protein = 250g

Carbohydrates = 310g

Fats = 85g

And you hit these numbers through eating pizza, ice cream, mayonnaise and drinking coke. That's perfectly fine, it doesn't matter and won't make any difference on body composition.

Post up some pictures and I will advise you on whether to bulk or cut from your current physique.
    ✔ ISSA Certified Personal Trainer, Fitness Model & Sponsored Athlete!

✔ Personalized Meal Plans & Workout Programs for Males & Females! (PM me for details)

✔ 12 WEEK TRANSFORMATION PROGRAM NOW AVAILABLE! (PM me for details)

✔ Follow me on FaceBook for HUGE giveaways (Search: Josef Rakich Fitness)

✔ Subscribe to my Youtube Channel for Workout Vids (Search: Josef Rakich)

JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Originally Posted by OYourBlind View Post
    Hey man,
    Currently in week 6 of MAX-OT. I move to England for 6 months on Exchange for University and i'm trying to drop maybe 3-5%BF before I go. Is MAX-OT a bad training program to be losing weight? I'm currently 86kg maybe 18-20%BF. I do 3 HITT a week which involves jogging the long side of a footy field, dropping to the ground and jumping up as fast as I can sprinting along the try line then doing 5 pushups and then jogging the long side again and repeating the sprint and doing 5 laps. I just don't seem to be seeing myself drop anything more. In the last 10 months I've added size (ie 3cm on arms) and dropped 10cm of my waist but now i'm seeing myself slow down in the results part.
    Cheers mate
    Dan
    Diet will be the biggest factor here in getting the results you want. Make sure you follow a calorie deficit diet if you want to lose weight.

Originally Posted by joeyddi View Post
    when you lose weight do you automatically lose strength too? I find creatine helps but when I drop some pounds my weights go down too
    Usually yes.

Originally Posted by MrSheepMoose View Post
    Hey Josef.

Currently eating 1,800 calories a day. Excited because I've rarely counted my calories in the passed, and in the last week I've already seen results on the scales.

Couple of questions.
    What's the importance of cheat days? Just giving me something to enjoy, or does it boost the metabolism? Is there a limit to how much I cheat on a cheat day? Mind you, I'm aiming for 1 cheat day every 30 days (or a month).
    Are "bad foods" bad during a cut, or does it not matter as long as I hit my calorie intake and macros? I've been having a bit of peanut butter here and there. Still hitting my calories, but wondering if it's going to do any damage.
    Any ways to continue to see results, and avoiding a plateau?

Thanks man. You've been really helpful so far.
    Cheat days.. Forget it.

A cheat MEAL once per week, is it ok? Yes. Will it benefit you? Yes. Is there a better option/approach? Yes.

If you want to have a cheat meal I would actually recommend having a cheat meal once every SECOND WEEK, having a cheat meal once per week will just muck up your calorie deficit, say if you are in a 500 calorie deficit/day which equals a 3500 calorie deficit for the week then you consume a cheat meal which exceeds 1000 calories over your current weekly deficit then you are only in 2500 calorie deficit, which wont matter too much but it will still be in a overall calorie deficit *so you will still lose fat, however it could be better. There are benefits of having a cheat meal every so often as it will help increase your metabolism, but a slight metabolism increase for a 1000 extra calories. Not worth it. Thats why I recommend sticking to cheat meals once every second week, as you can still get the benefits of the cheat but it wont hinder your progress.

Again this all depends on how extreme your cheat meal is, but if its not a lot of calories then the benefits will not be worth it at all, so a good balance is to have a cheat meal once every second week.

A better option instead of having a cheat meal would be to have a re-feed day. This is a day where you increase your carb intake by 100% or more, putting you into a slight calorie surplus for this day. Having a re-feed day will help increase your leptin hormone levels (leptin is the king of all fat burning hormones) so including a re-feed day every so often will benefit you a lot more.

If you are below 12% I would recommend having a re-feed day once per week, if you are above 12% have a re-feed day once every second week. A re-feed day isn't something that is needed straight away, but after about 2-3 months of dieting then you will want to include re-feed days into your diet.

Also again see above post I made, there is no good or bad foods, just good/bad overall daily macros intake. You can eat anything you want as long as you meet your macros and calorie requirements.

Originally Posted by djlawuk View Post
    Hi Josef!

You truly are an inspiration! I'm sure everyone that has had the privilege to read your responses are entirely grateful for your time and commitment in helping them, i sure am!

I have tried to read through as much of this thread as I can and have already answered a few of my own questions by reading your replies to others but i have a few other questions (I hope you haven't had to answer them already)

My stats:
    Weight (186lbs), body fat (17.8%), Height (6ft 1 inch), Muscle Mass (42%), Maintenance calories (2700), Cut Calories (2100).

Based on 1.2 x Body weight (Protein) and 0.45 x Body weight (Fat) and the filling the rest with carbs here are my macros for 2100:

- Protein (223.2g): - 1.2 x 186 (892 cals)
    - Fat(83.7g): 0.45 x 186 (753 cals)
    - Carbs 113g: (455 Cals)

TOTAL CALS: 2100

Questions:

1) My body fat is high at 17.8% so do i need to multiply my body weight by 1.2 for my protein intake or my desired lean weight say (140lbs)?

2) I read early on in this thread that when you cut you also eat McDonald's which i understand works because you still count your macros, the change i need to make to my diet in order to take on your advice is to increase my fat intake, before reading this thread i was only consuming only 20g of fat a day. I buy a low fat cheese which per 100g contains 28g of protein and 21.8 grams of fat. Is this a good source of fat or does it even matter? Saturated or not? Nuts? Milk?

3) I also used to have more carbs than protein in my previous diet, mainly from things like ground oats, dextrose and pasta. Now i need to turn it on its head and increase my protein intake. I already have 4 scoops of whey a day (Protein: 100g) for convenience and its cheaper, is there a limit to how many you would recommend or should i stick with 4 scoops and fill the rest of my protein up with cheese, chicken, milk?

4) Could you also outline the order of your 5 day split routine (Monday: Chest, Tuesday: Back...)

Thanks for all your help!
    1. work out your lean bodyweight (your total weight - your body fat percentage) then x this number by 1g protein. (1g protein per pound of LBW)

2. Yes you can eat whatever you want as long as it fits your macros/calories. 20g of fat per day is FAR too low, you need to increase your fat intake a lot, fat is not the enemy fat is good. You need fat in your diet for normal hormone regulation.

3. 4 scoops if fine. but try base your diet around whole foods also.

Originally Posted by bruceprice View Post
    Thank you in advance for your answer, Josef. I haven't read every page of this thread so I apologize if this has already been answered:

Do you change your workout routine when you switch from a bulk to a cut? And do you adjust volume of sets?

Currently I'm slow bulking on a routine very similar to PHAT. I try to add one rep or a few pounds each time I repeat a workout. Should I continue to try to set a record each workout during a cut or should I just aim to maintain strength? And what do you do during a cut if you can no longer maintain your lifts? It seems like a week off or deload could make sense during a cut vs during a bulk.

And how long do your bulk and cut cycles typically last? I would think if you were cutting from 9% to 5%, you'd only need to cut for a month or two. I'm trying to go from about 11% to 8% which for me is 5-6 lbs of fat so I would think a 2 month cut should be enough time to do it while maintaining muscle?

Thanks!
    Yes, I usually change my workout program/style every month. I usually always train each main muscle group once per week at high volume, but now I'm training each muscle twice per week with less volume and more frequency. Its always good to mix things up every now and again.

Don't worry about trying to set records when cutting, your strength will go down anyway, just focus on training the muscle, go with more of a hypertrophy split rather than a strength program I recommend.

My cuts last 4 or so months max, bulk usually the rest of the year. But everyone is different so it really depends on the individual.

✔ Personalized Meal Plans & Workout Programs for Males & Females! (PM me for details)

Originally Posted by max1741 View Post
    Apologies, Josef, must've gotten buried:

Hey quick question Josef, on a cut, how many full days of rest do you think is good for muscle groups? For me to hit upper and lower body twice a week I would have to rest the muscle groups 1 day only so I can fit in my HIIT cardio only-day there (30-45 mins). I workout sun-thurs (45min-1hr) and do nothing on sat/sun (like to rest). What do you suggest? 15 y/o and 17% BF.

And lastly, do you recommend having 1 day in the week where I eat at my maintenance calories or over to spike the metabolism? With a -500 deficit, I'm eating 1500-1600 a day for the cut.

Awesome thread & advice btw.
    Depends on the volume and intensity that you train them at. Twice per week is fine if the volume isn't excessive.

No, but I do recommend that you include a re-feed day once per week when you get a bit lower in BF.

Originally Posted by eastcoastATL View Post
    So let's say one is 10% bf with around on a 2,000cal diet 135lbs of lbw
    He should have 135g of protein(504cal)
    54g of fat(486 cal)
    And 253g of carbohydrates(1,010 cal)
    What's are some vegan meals that I can make(make sites that someone who never even remotely cooked before can do)

If they get the grams of protein and grams of fat in early, can they fest on other crap(excluding Marcos)
    135g of protein yes, or more if he wishes to. And yes 54g of fat (or more) then the remaining calories up with carbs, correct. The more protein and fat in the diet will just result in the less carbs. I personally advise that once protein and fat requirements are met though to fill the remaining calories up with carbs as they are the bodes best source of energy.

Originally Posted by Katie4004 View Post
    What do you think of leangains? leangains.com/2010/03/maintaining-low-body-fat
    What is the benefit of intermittent fasting? Will cycling calories (eating at a deficit on non workout days and eating at a surplus on workout days) drastically increase the time it takes to reach your goal physique? Also, what would happen if someone my size lifted heavy while eating at maintenance?
    Thanks.
    Personal preference, I dont personally like to I.F but I do have a few clients currently on I.F diets.

if you eat at maintenance you would "maintain"

Originally Posted by MightySTAR1 View Post
    hi,

im new to this and i dont understand about the proteins, etc. how can i know how much protein does my food have?? Im just having milk for breakfast and whatever theres at home for lunch and thats it for the day (+water). how should my meals be??' I used to weigh 43kg, now im at 51kg (pregnancy). Im going to the gym but see no progress.... my belly is still the same, sometimes i think i just need a tummy tuck.

sorry my english is not good
    Check the nutrition label of the foods, or if there is no nutrition label such as raw foods then you can go to www.calorieking.com and it will tell you how much protein/carbs/fats.

Are you pregnant at the moment?

Hi! I am a 23 year old girl. 5.2 1/2 and weigh I'm guessing around 140. Last time I checked my body fat was around 23%. I am starting to gain more weight within the past month--I have been drinking this homemade fruit smoothie and I put one scoop of whey protein in it. I think I gained both muscle and fat, but I feel as though I look to bulky. I don't want to be a bodybuilder, I want to look slim with toned muscles. what should I eat and also what should I do exercise-wise? I need to trim down a good bit in my butt and thighs for sure.

Thank you!!
    -Natalie
    If you feel like you are "bulking up" too much then you simply need to decrease your overall calories. Still train with weights and do your cardio, just lower your overall calories.

Hi Josef, me again...

What would your thoughts be on having slightly more carbs on training days than rest days for extra energy?

For example five days of the week when training my macros could look like this:

Protein: 1 x 186 (744 cals) -186g
    Fat: .45 x 186 (753 cals) - 83.7g
    Carbs: (603 cals) -150g

And then on rest days like this:

Protein - 1.2 x 186 (892 cals) - 223.2g
    Fat: 0.45 x 186 (753 cals) - 83.7g
    Carbs (455 Cals) - 113g

Cheers Danny
    I usually keep my calories/macros consistent on training days and workout day but you can do that if you wish.

Originally Posted by Freshdou View Post
    Can I do a refeed on only Kashi Cereal, non fat Milk, and maybe a bit of Proats?
    A re-feed day you need to focus on carbs, so yes cereal and the oats from the proats, but milk is not really an ideal food to use in a re-feed day.

Originally Posted by kmankolb View Post
    How does this diet look....

Carbs - 3.3
    Fats - 90.5
    Protein - 210

Calories - 1700

??

I weigh 192 and im trying to cut the fat while maintaining (or even building) some muscle.

Thanks
    Keto diet?

Im nto a fan of keto..

There is nothing special about a Keto diet. You will not lose any more body fat following a Keto diet compared to a normal diet that contains carbs if both diets are of EQUAL calories.

FOR EXAMPLE:

Keto diet:

Protein = 240g

Carbs = under 20g (trace carbs)

Fats = 130g

Total calories = 2210

Normal diet:

Protein = 215g

Carbohydrates = 180g

Fats = 70g

Total calories = 2210

Both of these diet have equal amount of calories, one is a keto diet one is not. The total amount of fat lost will be identical as fat loss is all about calories in VS calories out. However if I was to choose between a keto diet and a normal diet that contains carbohydrates, I would always go with a normal diet. Why? because carbs are the body best source of energy (real important when cutting) so it only makes sense that when your protein and fat requirements are met you should fill the remaining calories up with carbohydrates. (most carbohydrate foods will also contain a decent amount of fiber, which is also important. Especially when dieting!)

Im not a fan of keto diets and never have been. Calorie deficit diet which meeting your protein and fat requirements is what = results.

Stats: 5'6", 176 lbs
    Ascendency is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Ascendency is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Ascendency is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Ascendency is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Ascendency is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Ascendency is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Ascendency is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Ascendency is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Ascendency is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Ascendency is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Ascendency is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Visit Ascendency's BodySpace
    Hey josef

Is it really important to count fats and carbs for someone who is 20% bf like myself? Im trying to get to single digits before bulking and i am only focusing on calories and getting enough protien, and i hate doing cardio. Also your take on high rep light weight lifting vs lower rep while increasing the weight with each set?

Stats: 6'1", 194 lbs
    djlawuk is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit djlawuk's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by JOSEF RAKICH View Post

1. work out your lean bodyweight (your total weight - your body fat percentage) then x this number by 1g protein. (1g protein per pound of LBW)
    Hi Josef,

Does this also apply to fat intake? Should i be doing o.45 x LBW?

When doing this is it ok that my carb intake will be higher than my protein intake?

Cheers!

beastmodex23 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    hey im a little loss with calculating my macros. im 22 232lbs 5'7 29% body fat 164 lean body mass with 2500 calorie intake for cutting so how do i use these to figure out my macros?

Also ive recently started making a morning shake using my protein i usually use for post workout and ive notice its being used up very quickly now. Would it be ok if i used a cheap maybe walmart brand for my shake and use a different brand for my post workout? Because my post workout shake is kind of expensive.

Stats: 5'5", 145 lbs
    alejandroPH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) alejandroPH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) alejandroPH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) alejandroPH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) alejandroPH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) alejandroPH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) alejandroPH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) alejandroPH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) alejandroPH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) alejandroPH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) alejandroPH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Visit alejandroPH's BodySpace

respect

wow man 82 pages long and most of the questions here are more or less the same, in fact they could be answered just by reading the stickies yet still you patiently answer each and everyone whereas most of the other brahs would shut them down

/gjdm

Stats: 6'0", 95 lbs
    killer_imp44 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit killer_imp44's BodySpace

Little to no progress

Josef,
    First, I have to say thanks for this thread and your patience with those who have posted. It's incredibly selfless of you, and has been a great help to me.

If possible, please provide your insight on a cutting issue I'm having right now. My stats are: HT-72in, WT-190 (started cutting at 194), BF%-Best guess is 9-11 (don't mind my pic, I'm 7.5% there, and I keep it up as my own personal goal).

I currently workout 6 days/week, splitting the days with a combo of metabolic circuits, heavy lifting, HIIT sprints, and a day of distance running. My sessions are typically no longer than 40-60 min.

I get 7-8 hours sleep a night. My job is a complete desk job from about 8am to about 6pm--not too stressful, but also not very active.

Due to an injury and a crazy schedule, where I was seeing rapid fat gain, I took things easy for the months of SEP-OCT, doing mostly weight-lifting and distance running, and consuming an average of 3400 cals with an average 30p/50c/20f macro ratio, in order to level out my metabolism.

I started cutting at the end of OCT, reducing my cals by 300 every ten days, and putting the metabolic circuits back into the routine. after the first 30 days, I did my first re-feed.

I am currently consuming 2500cals on my training days with a macro split of ~240g P, 140g C, 80-100g F; and 2200-2300 on my rest day. Additionally, I'm doing my re-feed once a week.

The problem I can't figure out is why little to nothing positive has happened yet. I've lost 4 pounds (likely from glycogen), and I don't have all the energy during my workouts 3 weeks ago. My strength still feels pretty stable. Oddly enough, I've actually gained some ab fat, which I can't figure out (given the fact I eat clean and measure everything).

I don't think the issue is decreasing my too fast, given that I've cut no more than 300 every ten days. Is it possible, I've been cutting too slow, if that's even possible?

Lastly, would you recommend I do my next cut to 2200 in the next few days, or start throwing in 2-a-day workouts?

If you made it through my novel, I thank you very much for your time and assistance. Take care.

--Ian

Stats: 6'0", 177 lbs
    ConquerGiulio is just really nice. (+1000) ConquerGiulio is just really nice. (+1000) ConquerGiulio is just really nice. (+1000) ConquerGiulio is just really nice. (+1000) ConquerGiulio is just really nice. (+1000) ConquerGiulio is just really nice. (+1000) ConquerGiulio is just really nice. (+1000) ConquerGiulio is just really nice. (+1000) ConquerGiulio is just really nice. (+1000) ConquerGiulio is just really nice. (+1000) ConquerGiulio is just really nice. (+1000)
    Visit ConquerGiulio's BodySpace
    Hey josef
    Ive been really sick for a week( got a ingrown toenail),couldnt get up ,couldnt eat (my appetite dropped alot)...now that i removed my nail i feel a little bit better,can walk a bit and do other things but i got weak as phuck..next week my gym opens and i was wondering can i still hit the gym while im recovering or should i rest till i can walk normally and then join the gym?(cant do any exercises that involve legs)

thompson13b is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Need help/guidance for one of my Soldiers in my unit.

I have a Soldier who is about to get kicked out of the Army for busting weight and tape. He has been given plenty of chances, and he brought this upon himself, however since he just had a kid, my commander is trying to give him yet another chance. I have been tsked as the NCO to get him to within tape standards by mid january. He is currently 245lbs, and 28% body fat using the Army's not so accurate body fat calculator. His target weight is 194, which I know I cant get him to in this short ammount of time, but if i can get him down to 22-24% body fat it might save his job. I would really appreciate any guidance, or workout suggestions from anyone here that would know how to do this, im not a total noob in the gym, but I have never really worked out with a plan. I will be able to take this kid to the gym 2 times a day most days, and I plan on putting him on an eliptical or treadmill in the morning because during pt hours the weight room is packed. In the afternoon I thought I would have him doing light to medium weight compound weight training, i do not want him to add weight, but I know that weight training large muscle groups will boost his metabolism. Any help anyone can give would be great, this guy is a good Soldier, with 1 deployment to a very bad part of Afghanistan, where he did his job as an artilleryman well, and I would like to make his last chance to stay in the military as successful as posible. Any advice or guidance would be helpful, thank you.

Stats: 6'1", 185 lbs
    BodyPoints: 27
    kmankolb is a complete loser! (-2000) kmankolb is a complete loser! (-2000) kmankolb is a complete loser! (-2000) kmankolb is a complete loser! (-2000) kmankolb is a complete loser! (-2000) kmankolb is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Visit kmankolb's BodySpace
    Im not intentionally trying to do a keto diet but if i want as few calories as possible while still getting all the necessary fat and protein i have to forego most of my carbs... I think I will add about 40g of carbs though. Is that acceptable?

Stats: 5'10", 176 lbs
    humzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) humzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) humzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) humzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) humzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) humzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) humzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) humzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) humzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) humzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) humzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit humzah's BodySpace
    I really pity Josef :P

Originally Posted by Ascendency View Post
    Hey josef

Is it really important to count fats and carbs for someone who is 20% bf like myself? Im trying to get to single digits before bulking and i am only focusing on calories and getting enough protien, and i hate doing cardio. Also your take on high rep light weight lifting vs lower rep while increasing the weight with each set?
    Yes, you will be much better off counting them. If you are trying to get down to single digits then you will want to be counting all calories.

Do both heavy weight low reps and light weight high reps, there is no right or wrong. Muscle hypertrophy is from progressive overload.

Hi Josef,

Does this also apply to fat intake? Should i be doing o.45 x LBW?

When doing this is it ok that my carb intake will be higher than my protein intake?

Cheers!
    Yes also apples to fat intake 0.4g of fat per pound of LBW is what I personally recommend.

Yes its fine to have your carb intake higher than protein, it all really depends on how much calories in your diet..

Originally Posted by beastmodex23 View Post
    hey im a little loss with calculating my macros. im 22 232lbs 5'7 29% body fat 164 lean body mass with 2500 calorie intake for cutting so how do i use these to figure out my macros?

Also ive recently started making a morning shake using my protein i usually use for post workout and ive notice its being used up very quickly now. Would it be ok if i used a cheap maybe walmart brand for my shake and use a different brand for my post workout? Because my post workout shake is kind of expensive.
    IF 2500 calories is your intake then work out your protein and fats first.

1g protein per pound of your LBW and 0.4g of fat per pound of your LBW, then fill the remaining calories up with carbohydrates until you reach 2500 calories. There is 4 calories per 1g of protein and 4 calories per 1g of carbohydrate and 9 calories per 1g of fat if you didn't know.

And yes thats fine.

Originally Posted by alejandroPH View Post
    wow man 82 pages long and most of the questions here are more or less the same, in fact they could be answered just by reading the stickies yet still you patiently answer each and everyone whereas most of the other brahs would shut them down

/gjdm
    Haha yeah, thanks brah.

Originally Posted by killer_imp44 View Post
    Josef,
    First, I have to say thanks for this thread and your patience with those who have posted. It's incredibly selfless of you, and has been a great help to me.

If possible, please provide your insight on a cutting issue I'm having right now. My stats are: HT-72in, WT-190 (started cutting at 194), BF%-Best guess is 9-11 (don't mind my pic, I'm 7.5% there, and I keep it up as my own personal goal).

I currently workout 6 days/week, splitting the days with a combo of metabolic circuits, heavy lifting, HIIT sprints, and a day of distance running. My sessions are typically no longer than 40-60 min.

I get 7-8 hours sleep a night. My job is a complete desk job from about 8am to about 6pm--not too stressful, but also not very active.

Due to an injury and a crazy schedule, where I was seeing rapid fat gain, I took things easy for the months of SEP-OCT, doing mostly weight-lifting and distance running, and consuming an average of 3400 cals with an average 30p/50c/20f macro ratio, in order to level out my metabolism.

I started cutting at the end of OCT, reducing my cals by 300 every ten days, and putting the metabolic circuits back into the routine. after the first 30 days, I did my first re-feed.

I am currently consuming 2500cals on my training days with a macro split of ~240g P, 140g C, 80-100g F; and 2200-2300 on my rest day. Additionally, I'm doing my re-feed once a week.

The problem I can't figure out is why little to nothing positive has happened yet. I've lost 4 pounds (likely from glycogen), and I don't have all the energy during my workouts 3 weeks ago. My strength still feels pretty stable. Oddly enough, I've actually gained some ab fat, which I can't figure out (given the fact I eat clean and measure everything).

I don't think the issue is decreasing my too fast, given that I've cut no more than 300 every ten days. Is it possible, I've been cutting too slow, if that's even possible?

Lastly, would you recommend I do my next cut to 2200 in the next few days, or start throwing in 2-a-day workouts?

If you made it through my novel, I thank you very much for your time and assistance. Take care.

--Ian
    1. Don't follow percentages when working out a macros split.

2. Regardless your macros looks fine however.

3. I don't get your question? If there is a question at all?

4. Yes decrease calories down to 2200 when needed.

Originally Posted by ConquerGiulio View Post
    Hey josef
    Ive been really sick for a week( got a ingrown toenail),couldnt get up ,couldnt eat (my appetite dropped alot)...now that i removed my nail i feel a little bit better,can walk a bit and do other things but i got weak as phuck..next week my gym opens and i was wondering can i still hit the gym while im recovering or should i rest till i can walk normally and then join the gym?(cant do any exercises that involve legs)
    Suck to hear bro..

Just train as you normally would but ignore all leg exercises. You should still be able to train your upper body no problem.

Originally Posted by thompson13b View Post
    Need help/guidance for one of my Soldiers in my unit.

I have a Soldier who is about to get kicked out of the Army for busting weight and tape. He has been given plenty of chances, and he brought this upon himself, however since he just had a kid, my commander is trying to give him yet another chance. I have been tsked as the NCO to get him to within tape standards by mid january. He is currently 245lbs, and 28% body fat using the Army's not so accurate body fat calculator. His target weight is 194, which I know I cant get him to in this short ammount of time, but if i can get him down to 22-24% body fat it might save his job. I would really appreciate any guidance, or workout suggestions from anyone here that would know how to do this, im not a total noob in the gym, but I have never really worked out with a plan. I will be able to take this kid to the gym 2 times a day most days, and I plan on putting him on an eliptical or treadmill in the morning because during pt hours the weight room is packed. In the afternoon I thought I would have him doing light to medium weight compound weight training, i do not want him to add weight, but I know that weight training large muscle groups will boost his metabolism. Any help anyone can give would be great, this guy is a good Soldier, with 1 deployment to a very bad part of Afghanistan, where he did his job as an artilleryman well, and I would like to make his last chance to stay in the military as successful as posible. Any advice or guidance would be helpful, thank you.
    Get him on a good training program that includes cardio and a good diet with a calorie deficit. If he sticks to it and stays consistent he will get the results he wants.

Diet is the most important thing for him here, if he really wants to get results he should follow a strict diet back to back every single day regardless.

Originally Posted by kmankolb View Post
    Im not intentionally trying to do a keto diet but if i want as few calories as possible while still getting all the necessary fat and protein i have to forego most of my carbs... I think I will add about 40g of carbs though. Is that acceptable?
    Yes thats correct, because sometimes peoples daily activity levels etc there calorie intake to cut body fat will have to be low and when they meet there protein/fat requirements they have basically already used up all there calories so not much room if any for any carbs, so in this case then yeah you will have to follow a somewhat low carb/keto diet.

Yes thats acceptable.

Originally Posted by humzah View Post
    I really pity Josef :P
    Lolz.

Check out my latest interview guys

http://www.binaryrevolver.com/all/20...ef-rakich.html

Stats: 5'11", 178 lbs
    eac1005 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) eac1005 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) eac1005 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) eac1005 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) eac1005 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) eac1005 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) eac1005 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) eac1005 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) eac1005 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) eac1005 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) eac1005 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit eac1005's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by JOSEF RAKICH View Post
    "My goals is to achieve the most aesthetic physique possible..."

I'm pretty sure you're there brah
    Last edited by eac1005; 12-01-2012 at 07:04 PM.
    ++Chicago Crew++
    ++Chemical Engineering Crew++
    ++pen0r aesthetics inspection crew++
    ^PM me.

Nothing is as necessary to success as the single-minded pursuit of an objective.

beastmodex23 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i came up with 164 protein 65 fats and 314 carbs. isnt the that a little high for carbs?

Stats: 182 lbs
    muscle39 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit muscle39's BodySpace

Scale number not changing

Hello,
    So i am on phase 3 of jamie easons workout and i have a question.
    I leep weighing myself on the scale and the number goes up and not down a lot.
    I know i am losing because my workout clothes are looser and such but i am not sure what to do. I cpunt my food and i eat about 1200 calories a day
    Any suggestions.

Stats: 5'10", 176 lbs
    humzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) humzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) humzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) humzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) humzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) humzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) humzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) humzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) humzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) humzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) humzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit humzah's BodySpace
    Just read the interview and bookmarked it too!

TanK68 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TanK68 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TanK68 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TanK68 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TanK68 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TanK68 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TanK68 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TanK68 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TanK68 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TanK68 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TanK68 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    sorry if you've already answered this bro but if you're in a calorie deficit day after day would your body eventually dip into using muscle as an energy source hence why ppl lose abit of muscle after a cut? is it possible to do a cut with minimal muscle loss

Stats: 5'8", 265 lbs
    unhappygirl is a complete loser! (-2000) unhappygirl is a complete loser! (-2000) unhappygirl is a complete loser! (-2000) unhappygirl is a complete loser! (-2000) unhappygirl is a complete loser! (-2000) unhappygirl is a complete loser! (-2000) unhappygirl is a complete loser! (-2000) unhappygirl is a complete loser! (-2000) unhappygirl is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Visit unhappygirl's BodySpace
    you said ask you anything...

so Hi first lol

second... am I going to get loose skin? I need to lose half my body in fat... I am just over 5'8 , I gained the weight in less than 2 years because I got thyroid problem, now i am okay.. .but i gained a lot and wondering what will happen now that i wantto lose weight.. btw i am 29 years old.. thank you

Stats: 5'7", 148 lbs
    AndrosJL is not very helpful. (-500) AndrosJL is not very helpful. (-500)
    Visit AndrosJL's BodySpace

should i bulk to lower percentage

judging by my pictures i assume yous would say i should bulk but i just want to ask a question, what body fat percentage am i and if i was to bulk would i show definition because i dont just want to get bigger, i want to get bigger and have definition more emphasis on definitionm particularly abs. i dont see how my abs will show unless with all this fat i have, i dont want to have to cut after i bulk so should i just cut now then bulk
    Attached Images

robparker1992 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by robparker1992 View Post
    Hi josef, I have been clean bulking for one month and was gonna start cutting in january/feb. I have just got a back injury which has interrupted my lifting. Doctor has said I can't lift heavy (at least the main compounds) for a few weeks. Do you think cutting would be a viable option or do I really not have enough mass?

Stats:

5'6 138lbs

What I would like most is to get at least 15% before clean bulking since the fat has got to come off sometime but I do not want to look ill by cutting to nothing. After lifting I look like I have a lot more mass than I actually have (of course due to pump). I would love your opinion on what I should do.

I know you will be truthful with your answer so thanks in advance.

I am still a novice lifter so will probably expect more noob gains
    Hi josef this was my previous post, I did put pictures but you may have missed them. What I mean by clean bulk is 10-20% above TDEE. I eat based on macros/IIFYM. Here are the pictures:
    Attached Images

Stats: 5'11", 205 lbs
    batraa0243 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit batraa0243's BodySpace

Question fat burner

heyy..!!
    mah name is Abhimanyu... my height is 5feet11inches...
    body fat 25%
    weight 205lbs..
    i need ur help dat which fat burner should i use and wat should b d diet plan and d exercise plan with that fat burner..!! i m too much confused with all dis.. so please help me out with this..!! reply ASAP..!!!
    Thanks

Page 82 of 165 FirstFirst ... 32 72 80 81 82 83 84 92 132 ... LastLast