Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

Page 102 of 165 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 100 101 102 103 104 112 152 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,060 of 4923
    Stats: 155 lbs
    Wahdan is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit Wahdan's BodySpace
    Hey Josef!

I've been cutting for ~2 months and I've gone from 16% to 11% body fat without losing muscles (actually increased muscle mass), thanks to your great help. You're awesome.

I have questions, though.

1) I want to continue cutting till 5-7%. Does this need a certain way of dieting or should I just go on with what I'm doing (which made me lose 5% body fat)? I heard I should really decrease carbs from 140g to 40g if I need to get that shredded (probably bull****)

2) How often should I do cardio, 3 HIIT times a week would do?

3) I know all about IIFYM, but if I have a cheat meal once a week and had to exceed my limit a little bit that day and ignore macros, is it ok or I HAVE to stick just to refeeds?

That's it bro and keep it up on Instagram, really inspiring work.
    Last edited by Wahdan; 01-15-2013 at 10:35 AM.

Ultimate Strength ArabAesthetic's Avatar
    Stats: 5'9", 170 lbs
    ArabAesthetic has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ArabAesthetic has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ArabAesthetic has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ArabAesthetic has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ArabAesthetic has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ArabAesthetic has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ArabAesthetic has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ArabAesthetic has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ArabAesthetic has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ArabAesthetic has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ArabAesthetic has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit ArabAesthetic's BodySpace
    Hey Josef,
    Wanted to ask u; I’m 17y/o – 174cm – 65KG, BF~%12 Currently Reverse Dieting due to be cutting for so long and on low calorie diet after trying to get rid of the last little bit of stubborn fat on lower abs + love handles.

Gave up on that and started reverse dieting and perhaps even start bulking, But do you recommend I end my reversing, figure out my maintenance, and then attempt to cut back so I can lose the stubborn and start a fresh lean bulk?

And do you think the solution to get rid of stubborn fat is by decreasing carbs or intermittent fasting or any other “DIETS” that has been proven scientifically to boost the fat burning into these “hard-to-get” areas?

Currently dieting on 2100kcal, Protein about 165g. Fat’s about 65g. Rest from carbs.
    Last edited by ArabAesthetic; 01-15-2013 at 10:42 AM.
    ✔ Calisthenics ONLY For MASS & STRENGTH.

✔ No Supplements. No Weights. No Excuses.

✔ DISREGARDS weights*ACQUIRE aesthetics.

Stats: 5'7", 187 lbs
    jonnybean has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jonnybean has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jonnybean has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jonnybean has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jonnybean has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jonnybean has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jonnybean has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jonnybean has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jonnybean has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jonnybean has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jonnybean has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Visit jonnybean's BodySpace
    Hello, say if i eat a total of 1700 calories for the day, but i go to the gym aswell to work out and do cardio, do i have to re-eat the calories i burnt off?

to counter act this could i just do IF then do cardio all day then eat all my clories at night? will i be catabolic then?

i dont want to be working out how many calories and stuff i burnt off, i would rather just have to eat a set amount of calories and stick with it, if i lose more than 1lbs per week doing IF would i also be losing muscle? even if i eat 1700 calories at night?

thanks
    ☆☆☆υк ˘яєω☆☆☆
    Team Manlet
    ++ Positive Crew ++

Stats: 5'10", 147 lbs
    jhadkins10 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jhadkins10 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jhadkins10 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jhadkins10 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jhadkins10 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jhadkins10 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jhadkins10 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jhadkins10 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jhadkins10 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jhadkins10 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jhadkins10 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Visit jhadkins10's BodySpace
    What do u think about bodybuilding and MMA mixing?

Stats: 5'11", 166 lbs
    imid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) imid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) imid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) imid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) imid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) imid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) imid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) imid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) imid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) imid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) imid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Visit imid's BodySpace

Weight loss per week

Apologies if this has been asked before. I have started a cutting cycle and have been losing weight at the upper rate of 2-3 lbs per week. My bodyfat is somewhere in between 10.2%-12% now from the 14%-16% where it was before. What do you recommend for how many pounds/week I should be losing based on body fat percentage now that I'm starting to drop and perhaps for when I reach lower bodyfat percentages as well. Thanks!

Stats: 6'3", 200 lbs
    lefteris7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lefteris7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lefteris7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lefteris7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lefteris7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lefteris7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lefteris7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lefteris7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lefteris7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lefteris7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lefteris7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit lefteris7's BodySpace
    Hi josef. I've been cutting for 2 weeks. Haven't done any refeeds so far. My questions are: can you estimate my bf?? Also how often should I refeed?

Stats: 5'9", 193 lbs
    Koalamaisteri is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit Koalamaisteri's BodySpace
    How easy it is to cut without looking at calories?
    If i just eat little less than normal and do same exercises, would it be good?

Stats: 6'0", 177 lbs
    ConquerGiulio is just really nice. (+1000) ConquerGiulio is just really nice. (+1000) ConquerGiulio is just really nice. (+1000) ConquerGiulio is just really nice. (+1000) ConquerGiulio is just really nice. (+1000) ConquerGiulio is just really nice. (+1000) ConquerGiulio is just really nice. (+1000) ConquerGiulio is just really nice. (+1000) ConquerGiulio is just really nice. (+1000) ConquerGiulio is just really nice. (+1000) ConquerGiulio is just really nice. (+1000)
    Visit ConquerGiulio's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by JOSEF RAKICH View Post
    Yes did you take it all at once? That would be a very silly thing to do.. Glad to see that you are alright though.
    No i took one in the morning with fish oil and the second 20 mins before working out...couldnt sleep well that night and at midnight i had tachycardia
    I feel better now,actually cant wait to start going to the gym again but the doctor said i've to rest at least 3 weeks so im starting again as soon as february starts...what i cant understand is the intense side effect i had from taking just 480mg..it scared the s*it out of me plus it also damaged my liver (cant eat "heavy" things for 1 month as well...im eating soup , bread , a lot of mixed veggies and some meat probably not even 2000 calories...)
    I throwed away all the supplemens i had (fish oil, Caffeine and multi) and i will stop with them at least till im 20+ yo
    I have some question..
    1) what can i substitute with multivitamins? a lot of mixed veggies?
    2) Whey protein..does it have any side effects?
    3)when i'll start with the gym again should i train directly with my old workout plan(very intensive, go to failure each set) or should i start with 1 week with light weights?
    4) My tdee is 2900 , my "old" diet is 2400 cals , shoud i still consume 2400 cals on off days even thought i'll be less active?
    5)On rest days is 90 mins of mixed cardio enough?
    6)I wanted to buy ur abs workout but ...does training obliques makes u look fat? i have a wide hip bone structure and i dont want it to be more wider
    Thanks in advice
    Last edited by ConquerGiulio; 01-16-2013 at 08:51 AM.

Stats: 6'1", 170 lbs
    rcowell17 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit rcowell17's BodySpace

Questions

1) How do my macros look?

6'0 170 lbs 28 y/o
    Maintenance - 2800, I am taking in around 2200 or so.

220g Protein
    65g Fat
    Rest (193g) Carbs

2) Also, will green tea extract help with fat loss by itself or should I combine it with something else?

3) Is it okay to take both Whey and Casein? I usually take Whey in the AM and after a workout and Casein at night.

4) I have been thinking about signing up on your sight for your guidance. What kind of food is in the meal plan you provide? If it going to cost me an arm and leg? Haha.

Thanks again for all the advice. I have learned a lot reading this thread.

Stats: 5'0", 103 lbs
    yvtemple is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit yvtemple's BodySpace
    I need some advices from you my friends.

I have a very good diet, gym every day, cardio twice a week and I am not loosing fat at all.

I drink only water or tea during the day. No bread or pasta, no sugar. A lot of protein and veggies.

I am very upset at this point.

Please share with me your experience and give me some advises.

Thank you all 

Stats: 5'10", 168 lbs
    gregorymcm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gregorymcm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gregorymcm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gregorymcm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gregorymcm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gregorymcm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gregorymcm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gregorymcm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gregorymcm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gregorymcm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gregorymcm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Visit gregorymcm's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by yvtemple View Post

I have a very good diet, gym every day, cardio twice a week and I am not loosing fat at all.

I drink only water or tea during the day. No bread or pasta, no sugar. A lot of protein and veggies.

Thank you all 
    Post your diet so Josef can take a look at what you need to adjust and lose weight
    Current 1 Rep Maxes:

Flat BB Bench press: 275X1
    Deadlift: 410X1
    Squats: 325X1

Goal 1 Rep Maxes:

Flat BB bench press: 315X1
    Deadlift: 495X1
    Squats: 405X1

Stats: 5'0", 103 lbs
    yvtemple is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit yvtemple's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by gregorymcm View Post
    Post your diet so Josef can take a look at what you need to adjust and lose weight
    6 am - coffee with milk, no sugar plus two oatmeal cookies (oatmeal, salt free cottage cheese, strawberries, egg whites) or omelet with veggies and turkey or oatmeal with real fruits

9 am - quest bar or half of a grapefruit or salt free cottage cheese

12 pm – chicken plus veggies or brown rice or celery soup – (homemade, just veggies and chicken)

3 pm - chicken/turkey with veggies

6 pm – whey protein shake (right after workout)

9 pm - chicken/turkey / fish with veggies

Stats: 5'10", 198 lbs
    jasonnurit is not very well liked. (-100)
    Visit jasonnurit's BodySpace

Need u help please

Meal 1
    1.5 cups uncooked rolled oats
    4 egg whites
    2 whole eggs
    Meal 2
    3 tbsp almond butter
    2 pieces wheat bread
    1 large banana
    Meal 3
    4oz lean meat
    2 cup cooked brown rice
    1 cup cooked broccoli
    0.5 tbsp olive oil

Meal 4
    4oz salmon or tilapia
    12-13oz sweet potato
    Meal 5
    Pre-Workout
    Whey Protein af
    Karbolyn

Post-Workout
    Whey Protein
    Karbolyn Protein carb Fat
    Weekly Totals 188g 401.8g 76.2g 3057
    What u think on this diet and do I need cardio to get rip because I'm truing to bolk and to lose fat I'm 178cm and 90 kg thanks a million
    Last edited by jasonnurit; 01-16-2013 at 10:43 AM. Reason: Mistake

Stats: 5'11", 154 lbs
    Jamielynn76 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit Jamielynn76's BodySpace

Angry New here

Hello,
    I am new to this site & COMPLETELY lost!! I stumbled across this by accident & since it is something I am struggling with I decided to post. Hopefully some one will acknowledge it & teach me the ropes...
    I changed my life around in June of 12. I started eating better, tracking my calories & started cardio 5 days a week. From June until Oct/Nov I lost 34 lbs. since then I have been stuck! I tried shaking things up by changing my routine around, I cut calories for a while...nothing! I have since started strength training 3 days a week. Still nothing. Don't get me wrong there are little things that flag me that my body is changing. But the scale still will not budge!! I still have around 26 lbs to my GW. (Maybe less is I am happy with what I see in the mirror)
    I really want to get serious about lifting. I can't remember what my goal profile was called but its the level right before a Fitness trainer. I am learning everything from books & the web. I don't have any one that can mentor & push me. Not to mention make sure I am doing things correctly.
    Bottom line- I NEED HELP!!!

Stats: 5'8", 140 lbs
    DonJPClarke is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit DonJPClarke's BodySpace
    Hey, Big respect on ur physique bro.

I see u mention carbs/protein/fat, but what about saturated fats/carbs of which sugars? do you tend to just avoid theese like the plague? or do you have a recommendation for them also?

e.g 1.5g protein x Bodyweight
    0.4g of fat x bodyweight?

What would be your recommendation for Sat fat/ Carbs of which sugars?...

If this makes sense Oo.

Stats: 5'2", 119 lbs
    izmembrere96 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit izmembrere96's BodySpace
    Can you cut with only 3 meals a day? I'm still im high school and can't eat that often

Stats: 5'9"
    JGAesthetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JGAesthetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JGAesthetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JGAesthetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JGAesthetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JGAesthetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JGAesthetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JGAesthetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JGAesthetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JGAesthetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JGAesthetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Visit JGAesthetics's BodySpace
    Hey Josef, when does the ultimate personal trainer package go back to $167. Thanks Josh

Stats: 5'11", 220 lbs
    BodyPoints: 2339
    -Lucifer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) -Lucifer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) -Lucifer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) -Lucifer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) -Lucifer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) -Lucifer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) -Lucifer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) -Lucifer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) -Lucifer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) -Lucifer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) -Lucifer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit -Lucifer's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by izmembrere96 View Post
    Can you cut with only 3 meals a day? I'm still im high school and can't eat that often
    Yes. Just make sure you eat 500 Cals. under maintenance.
    Useful Links 4 Beginners >> http://ul4b.blogspot.com

♥ pUniCepts Appreciation Crew ♥
    # 400Lb Gorilla Appreciation Crew #

Stats: 5'10", 207 lbs
    mcomms10 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit mcomms10's BodySpace
    Hi I want to lose about 30 to 40 pounds in a period of three months i weight 220 lbs and I recently started going to the gym, I go everyday expect Sundays. I am a pilot and I am going to a job interview in the beginning of April. By the time i want to be looking pretty sharp. What I do everyday is, Morning i eat fruits, then i go to the gym right after, work out and do cardio for about 2 hours, go back home eat a plate of salad with grilled chicken, and in the afternoon/evening i go for a swim for abour 1 hour. Do you think by doing that i will be able to achieve my goal? If not do you have any suggestions?

Thank you very much i appreciate you helping me and others as well.

Stats: 5'10", 207 lbs
    mcomms10 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit mcomms10's BodySpace
    Hi I want to lose about 30 to 40 pounds in a period of three months i weight 220 lbs and I recently started going to the gym, I go everyday expect Sundays. I am a pilot and I am going to a job interview in the beginning of April. By the time i want to be looking pretty sharp. What I do everyday is, Morning i eat fruits, then i go to the gym right after, work out and do cardio for about 2 hours, go back home eat a plate of salad with grilled chicken, and in the afternoon/evening i go for a swim for abour 1 hour. Do you think by doing that i will be able to achieve my goal? If not do you have any suggestions?

I appreciate you taking your time to do this.

Thank you.

JosefRakichFitness.com JOSEF RAKICH's Avatar
    Stats: 5'10", 180 lbs
    JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit JOSEF RAKICH's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by caseyjohnson View Post
    voted bro! I have a question for ya. What do you think of the bodybugg? I am undecided if I want to buy it although it looks very intriguing. Ive heard people buy it and find that the tdee it broadcasts is way over what they thought it was. What do you think of all that? Would it be worth it to use to actually find an estimated maintence for you over time?
    Nah.

Originally Posted by handgrenade View Post
    I sometime around September I got a hernia, and had surgery on 11/1. I was in decent shape, but no where near where I could have been, but I recently got cleared to resume physical activity like working out. Anyway I have put on about 25 pounds, and would take any advice you have for getting rid of it. FYI I'm 31, 6'4, and currently weighing 235(a fat 235 this is the most out of shape I've ever been). I work as a paramedic on an ambulance, and because of that diet is very difficult to plan out on work days.
    Diet is everything.

Originally Posted by yung93 View Post
    Need help pls
    What exactly do you want help with? Do you have a specific question?

Originally Posted by ronson88 View Post
    Hello I am currently going to try and lose weight and is their such thing as losing weight too quickly ? and also i dont want to lose my weight and have a nasty saggy stomach left over which might be the case and if so how do i get rid of that?
    Yes there is.

Follow a good diet with a good macro split and lose weight at a nice weight. You will most likely not have any excess skin left over unless extremely over-weight in the first place.

Originally Posted by rhernandezt View Post
    Ok josef so after answering a lot of my questions I have designed this plan so I would like to hear your opinion. My bodyfat is around 13-15% and my weight is 167 lbs.
    The majority of the days my macros are: 155 gr protein, 58 gr fat, 214 gr carbs.. I say the majority of the days because Im on vacations and I go out almost everyday so sometimes I can't follow this.. so some days lets say I will eat more fat or more protein or both (since they are the most important for health) than carbs and still be in a calorie deficit .
    Im gonna have a refeed day once a week.
    Lift 4 days per week
    cardio 5 days per week.
    thoughts?

Edit: other question josef.. If yesterday sunday I woke up at 2pm and eat certain number of calories and then slept at 5 am in the mourning (yes my schedule is weird lol) and then I woke up at 9 am and ate more food and now im going to sleep again should I count those calories as yerterdays calories or todays? because if its yesterday that food didn't fit in my yesterdays macros
    If protein and fat are above my recommendations then all looks good.

The body works on a much larger time frame like I have said many times before.. 24,48,72,weepy NET BALANCE so over a weeks period if you are in a deficit you will lose weight. Sometimes I have tomorrows breakfast meal before I actually go to sleep, then when i wake up I go straight onto my 2nd meal.

Originally Posted by XbodybywheyX View Post
    first off, i want to say that you have an amazing physique (no homo) and you are are inspiration to me. I have a couple of questions i hope that you could answer.
    why does iifym work? I am thinking about starting it but am a little nervous.
    when i calculate my macros, should i count the trace calories? (ex. the protein in oatmeal)
    What are your favorite exercises for abs and obliques? i am around 10% body fat and when i flex my abs i have a six pack, but they arent thick enough to show through without me flexing.
    thanks
    Thanks.

IIFYM works because IT FITS YOUR MACROS lol.. Cant really explain it any other way..

WHAT DOES 'IIFYM' MEAN?

IIFYM (if it fits your macros) means you can eat ANYTHING you want as long as it fits into your daily calorie requirements and daily macronutrient split of protein, carbohydrates and fats. So basically what I'm saying is if you eat oats and brown rice compared to white bread and sugar donuts for you choice of carbohydratess it will have no difference at all on improving body composition. (as long as calorie intake is equal and macronutrient targets are met) Eating donuts won't automatically make you get fat. Gaining body fat is all about excess calories not the types of foods that you consume.

There is no such thins as "good" and "bad" foods, or "clean" and "dirty' foods" (unless you are talking about health wise). There is no list of foods your not allowed to eat to reach your body composition goals. Don't think you have to give up pizza or McDonald's just because you want to lose some weight. General body composition is about calorie and macronutrient control, hitting your macronutrient targets and calorie requirements however and whenever you want with ANY foods of your personal preference.

EXAMPLE:

500 calories, 40g protein, 40g carbohydrates and 20g fats derived from chicken breast, brown rice and olive oil.

Is equal to:

500 calories, 40g protein, 40g carbohydrates and 20g fats derived from a peperoni pizza!

Now lets say for example your daily macronutrient targets were:

Protein = 250g

Carbohydrates = 310g

Fats = 85g

And you hit these numbers through eating pizza, ice cream, mayonnaise and drinking coke. That's perfectly fine, it doesn't matter and won't make any difference on body composition.

Now I'm not saying that you should go out right now and slam back 2 whole pizzas and a can of coke just because it fits your daily macros. You should still base your diet around good healthy nutritious foods! (like I always do!) however if you want to eat that cream donut or double scoop ice cream because you have been "craving it" and it fits your daily macros, then you can eat that donut or double scoop ice cream and it won't effect your body composition at all. Food choices are irrelevant! - Meeting your daily macros and calorie requirements is what equals results!

IIFYM is not a diet, it's not a lifestyle - Its just a philosophy thats intended to make your life easier.

IIFYM does not mean you can eat however much of whatever you want. It means you can maintain your sanity by eating like a regular human being from time to time. Just use common sense and keep it all in moderation, you should always base your diet mostly around good healthy nutritious foods (which the IIFYM principle still applies to). This will help you get in your micronutrients such as fiber, omega's vitamins and minerals!

YES count the trace calories they are still calories and they still COIUNT!

Favorite exercise for abs/obliques would be cable crunches.

Originally Posted by Zinx View Post
    Hey Joe,

Thanks so much for all your help already, its great to have someone to bounce off ideas to make sure your going down the right track!

I have amped up my training and am training 6-7 days a week and also have a pretty physical job, so I have realized I have been under estimating my calories!

I am 62 kilos, 172cm tall and I have worked out my new TDEE to be 2356 (from following the guidelines on your website) and i have also subtracted that by 20% to get my daily calories which is 1884 which I have broken down into 165g Protein, 52g Fat and the rest of carbs which is 188g

just wanted to confirm this is a good mix of macros? my main goal is to loose fat, drop my BF % and gain some muscle definition. I do tend to need a higher carb intake as I have a pretty physical job and sometimes workout in the morning and afternoon. Any help would be great!
    Seems good to me bro, you could increase protein and fat and decrease carbs if you want. But if you need a higher carb intake as you say then leave as is.

Originally Posted by Adamsid View Post
    Hi man your advice is class. I am around 16-17% body fat at the minute my lowest has been 11 but I have just started training again and I struggle with diet. I had that 11% body fat eating crap and no cardio but now a days I can't get down.

I want to get down to at least 10% but struggle to understand all these macros etc.. I figure I need to eat about 28g of protein a day? I am 5ft 7 156lbs 32.5" waist.. Aside from the protein what is good for building lean mass food wise and what exercises? Thanks for reading Appreciate any help, peace.
    28g protein per day only!! Mate you most likely get more than 28g protein in trace calories.. \

Was that a typo?

Originally Posted by semipro211 View Post
    Like so many already said, you're amazing bro, you're why I joined this site. That being said, onto my question.

I am just starting a cutting plan (currently at 11% BF) but as I started watching my calories closer, I noticed I was way lower than my maint. I was in the 1800-2000 range and when I got the numbers run yesterday, my maint cals would be 3400.

My question is how many cals should I shoot for during this cut, and what are the dangers of being too low like I had been?

Thanks again mate
    Thanks.

Metabolic damage are the dangers of being too low. Start off on a 500 calorie deficit and increase form there.

Originally Posted by mdoss65 View Post
    Dumb question...Should I be eating breakfast before I exercise, or should I exercise before? I've been told that exercising on an empty stomach will jump start the metabolism for the day. I am practicing a calorie deficit of at least 500 calories a day, but I also want to maximize my metabolism.

Thank you!
    Does not matter all personal preference.

No.

Originally Posted by Wahdan View Post
    Hey Josef!

I've been cutting for ~2 months and I've gone from 16% to 11% body fat without losing muscles (actually increased muscle mass), thanks to your great help. You're awesome.

I have questions, though.

1) I want to continue cutting till 5-7%. Does this need a certain way of dieting or should I just go on with what I'm doing (which made me lose 5% body fat)? I heard I should really decrease carbs from 140g to 40g if I need to get that shredded (probably bull****)

2) How often should I do cardio, 3 HIIT times a week would do?

3) I know all about IIFYM, but if I have a cheat meal once a week and had to exceed my limit a little bit that day and ignore macros, is it ok or I HAVE to stick just to refeeds?

That's it bro and keep it up on Instagram, really inspiring work.
    1) Re-feed will need to be included for sure to get down to 5-7% Dropping the carbs (calories) somewhere would be a good start.

2) There is no exact answer to this.. 3x a week HIIT will do you awesome!

3) Its ok but re-feeds are superior and more beneficial. Go with a re-feed.
    ✔ ISSA Certified Personal Trainer, Fitness Model & Sponsored Athlete!

✔ Personalized Meal Plans & Workout Programs for Males & Females! (PM me for details)

✔ 12 WEEK TRANSFORMATION PROGRAM NOW AVAILABLE! (PM me for details)

✔ Follow me on FaceBook for HUGE giveaways (Search: Josef Rakich Fitness)

✔ Subscribe to my Youtube Channel for Workout Vids (Search: Josef Rakich)

JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Originally Posted by ArabAesthetic View Post
    Hey Josef,
    Wanted to ask u; I’m 17y/o – 174cm – 65KG, BF~%12 Currently Reverse Dieting due to be cutting for so long and on low calorie diet after trying to get rid of the last little bit of stubborn fat on lower abs + love handles.

Gave up on that and started reverse dieting and perhaps even start bulking, But do you recommend I end my reversing, figure out my maintenance, and then attempt to cut back so I can lose the stubborn and start a fresh lean bulk?

And do you think the solution to get rid of stubborn fat is by decreasing carbs or intermittent fasting or any other “DIETS” that has been proven scientifically to boost the fat burning into these “hard-to-get” areas?

Currently dieting on 2100kcal, Protein about 165g. Fat’s about 65g. Rest from carbs.
    Yes reverse diet back to your maintenance.

The solution is consistency and patience.

Originally Posted by jonnybean View Post
    Hello, say if i eat a total of 1700 calories for the day, but i go to the gym aswell to work out and do cardio, do i have to re-eat the calories i burnt off?

to counter act this could i just do IF then do cardio all day then eat all my clories at night? will i be catabolic then?

i dont want to be working out how many calories and stuff i burnt off, i would rather just have to eat a set amount of calories and stick with it, if i lose more than 1lbs per week doing IF would i also be losing muscle? even if i eat 1700 calories at night?

thanks
    No, the idea is to consume less calories than what your body needs/burns on a daily basis.

Originally Posted by jhadkins10 View Post
    What do u think about bodybuilding and MMA mixing?
    Perfectly fine.

Originally Posted by imid View Post
    Apologies if this has been asked before. I have started a cutting cycle and have been losing weight at the upper rate of 2-3 lbs per week. My bodyfat is somewhere in between 10.2%-12% now from the 14%-16% where it was before. What do you recommend for how many pounds/week I should be losing based on body fat percentage now that I'm starting to drop and perhaps for when I reach lower bodyfat percentages as well. Thanks!

Aim for 1lb per week, this is usually a good rule to go by.

Originally Posted by lefteris7 View Post
    Hi josef. I've been cutting for 2 weeks. Haven't done any refeeds so far. My questions are: can you estimate my bf?? Also how often should I refeed?

Too scared to try look at the picture, have done this before "in reply mode" and I lost everything I had previously typed above.. lol.

I will have a look after I have replied to everyone and get back to you.

Originally Posted by Koalamaisteri View Post
    How easy it is to cut without looking at calories?
    If i just eat little less than normal and do same exercises, would it be good?
    It could work yes. You do not HAVE to count calories, but it does help.

Originally Posted by ConquerGiulio View Post
    No i took one in the morning with fish oil and the second 20 mins before working out...couldnt sleep well that night and at midnight i had tachycardia
    I feel better now,actually cant wait to start going to the gym again but the doctor said i've to rest at least 3 weeks so im starting again as soon as february starts...what i cant understand is the intense side effect i had from taking just 480mg..it scared the s*it out of me plus it also damaged my liver (cant eat "heavy" things for 1 month as well...im eating soup , bread , a lot of mixed veggies and some meat probably not even 2000 calories...)
    I throwed away all the supplemens i had (fish oil, Caffeine and multi) and i will stop with them at least till im 20+ yo
    I have some question..
    1) what can i substitute with multivitamins? a lot of mixed veggies?
    2) Whey protein..does it have any side effects?
    3)when i'll start with the gym again should i train directly with my old workout plan(very intensive, go to failure each set) or should i start with 1 week with light weights?
    4) My tdee is 2900 , my "old" diet is 2400 cals , shoud i still consume 2400 cals on off days even thought i'll be less active?
    5)On rest days is 90 mins of mixed cardio enough?
    6)I wanted to buy ur abs workout but ...does training obliques makes u look fat? i have a wide hip bone structure and i dont want it to be more wider
    Thanks in advice
    1. Yes a variety of them.

2. No.

3. Go straight into it hard, just make sure you warm up. (and prepare yourself for extreme DOMS lol)

4. Yes keep it the same

5. Its your "rest" day its more than enough.. Make sure you have at least 1 rest day where you don't do anything.

6. No. Take a look at Frank Zane.

Originally Posted by rcowell17 View Post
    1) How do my macros look?

6'0 170 lbs 28 y/o
    Maintenance - 2800, I am taking in around 2200 or so.

220g Protein
    65g Fat
    Rest (193g) Carbs

2) Also, will green tea extract help with fat loss by itself or should I combine it with something else?

3) Is it okay to take both Whey and Casein? I usually take Whey in the AM and after a workout and Casein at night.

4) I have been thinking about signing up on your sight for your guidance. What kind of food is in the meal plan you provide? If it going to cost me an arm and leg? Haha.

Thanks again for all the advice. I have learned a lot reading this thread.
    1) Looks good bro.

2) It somewhat helps yes, caffeine will be a good addition or the EC stack.

3) Yes perfectly fine to do so.

4) It varys from persona to persona everyone is different, i work around you and the foods you want and do not want. No if anything it will be cheaper eating.

Thank you all 
    You need to be on a proper diet, you are just playing it by air pretty much..

If you want a perfectly structured meal plan I can create you one just visit my website.. www.JosefRakichFitness.com

6 am - coffee with milk, no sugar plus two oatmeal cookies (oatmeal, salt free cottage cheese, strawberries, egg whites) or omelet with veggies and turkey or oatmeal with real fruits

9 am - quest bar or half of a grapefruit or salt free cottage cheese

12 pm – chicken plus veggies or brown rice or celery soup – (homemade, just veggies and chicken)

3 pm - chicken/turkey with veggies

6 pm – whey protein shake (right after workout)

9 pm - chicken/turkey / fish with veggies
    Whats the macros and calories for this diet here? Listing me the foods you consume doesn't tell me anything.. How much chicken at 12pm? 100g? 300g?

✔ Personalized Meal Plans & Workout Programs for Males & Females! (PM me for details)

Originally Posted by Jamielynn76 View Post
    Hello,
    I am new to this site & COMPLETELY lost!! I stumbled across this by accident & since it is something I am struggling with I decided to post. Hopefully some one will acknowledge it & teach me the ropes...
    I changed my life around in June of 12. I started eating better, tracking my calories & started cardio 5 days a week. From June until Oct/Nov I lost 34 lbs. since then I have been stuck! I tried shaking things up by changing my routine around, I cut calories for a while...nothing! I have since started strength training 3 days a week. Still nothing. Don't get me wrong there are little things that flag me that my body is changing. But the scale still will not budge!! I still have around 26 lbs to my GW. (Maybe less is I am happy with what I see in the mirror)
    I really want to get serious about lifting. I can't remember what my goal profile was called but its the level right before a Fitness trainer. I am learning everything from books & the web. I don't have any one that can mentor & push me. Not to mention make sure I am doing things correctly.
    Bottom line- I NEED HELP!!!
    Well you have come to the right person for help bro!

If you want a meal plan or workout program from me just check out my website!

www.JosefRakichFitness.com

Originally Posted by DonJPClarke View Post
    Hey, Big respect on ur physique bro.

I see u mention carbs/protein/fat, but what about saturated fats/carbs of which sugars? do you tend to just avoid theese like the plague? or do you have a recommendation for them also?

e.g 1.5g protein x Bodyweight
    0.4g of fat x bodyweight?

What would be your recommendation for Sat fat/ Carbs of which sugars?...

If this makes sense Oo.
    Thanks!

Sat fats are still fats, sugars are still carbs in regards to macros.. No I don't avoid either of them as such.

Originally Posted by izmembrere96 View Post
    Yes you sure can if you are consuming less calories than your TDEE.

Originally Posted by JGAesthetics View Post
    Hey Josef, when does the ultimate personal trainer package go back to $167. Thanks Josh
    Not sure, but probably start of Feb at this stage.

Originally Posted by -Lucifer View Post
    Yes. Just make sure you eat 500 Cals. under maintenance.
    This.

Originally Posted by mcomms10 View Post

Thank you very much i appreciate you helping me and others as well.
    That seems so blazay.. No structure at all, yeah sure it may work if you are in a deficit but you need to structure things better, work out how much calories and everything.

Stats: 5'10", 195 lbs
    itsponge is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit itsponge's BodySpace
    Hey i just started to cut on Saturday. I had a successful bulk i personally think, for the past 2 weeks and a half i noticed that i been sea sawing at 212 and 213 i have 18% bf and so i decide to start cutting to start the 12 week challenge with a motive. i started to do cardio since sat jogging for about 2-3 miles in the after noon i also started to slowly stop eating sugars and other foods i started to eat small proportion meals that include wheat bread omgea 3 oils, steamed veggies, some grilled chicken and il have some milk or grape fruit in between and at the end of the day ill have a nice casein protein. i also been using creatine read/heard its okay for cutting and im also taking well was sampling cellucor super hd. Since that i have dropped to 210. My maintenance cal when i was bulking was at the 2500-2700.

Stats: 6'0", 176 lbs
    rhernandezt is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit rhernandezt's BodySpace
    Josef doing cardio on the refeed day affects the effect of the refeed day or it just doesn't matter whether you train/do cardio or not?

a3sthetic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) a3sthetic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) a3sthetic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) a3sthetic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) a3sthetic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) a3sthetic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) a3sthetic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) a3sthetic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) a3sthetic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) a3sthetic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) a3sthetic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Josef, the workout forum is filled with guys who push high frequency, low volume (full body, upper/lower, push/pull splits) and hate on once a week body part splits. They say it is the slow way to grow for beginners/intermediates.

The argument is that muscle synthesis only occurs in the 48 hours after training, so while the volume required to stimulate growth is low, you are better off training with only this volume and train that muscle more frequently. And the other point is that doing extra volume doesn't increase stimulation much more and you are just making it harder to recover.

Some even go so far as to say that even advanced guys would benefit from training each muscle group every 5-6 days.

The thing is, all of those guys with their scientific studies etc, look like sh!t (eg Lyle McDonald). All the guys who I respect and have spoken to all do high volume body part splits, so I am confused.

Can you explain why you favour body part splits over full body/half split routines?
    Last edited by a3sthetic; 01-16-2013 at 10:28 PM.

Stats: 6'0", 215 lbs
    Sikkema88 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit Sikkema88's BodySpace
    So my friend told me about something called the 3 week diet system and I guess your supposed to cut off weight extremely fast. do you know much about it? I know it goes in 3 phases. Phase one is liquid diet(shakes and one serving of greens a day), phase 2 is one meal a day with some shakes and phase 3 is 2 meals a day with shakes. It claims to be able to get somebody to drop 23 lbs or more in just 21 days. Do you what kind of shake they are talking about in the plan? Also in phase 1 you eat one serving of "greens+". Do you know what they would consider greens? Im aware losing weight that fast is not always the best way, im just trying to get as much info before I decide on if I want to attempt it. I have asked in the forums before and most people just say its a bad diet but have no information. I have read reviews and done some research and rarely do I find a bad review. Its not something im going to stick with for longer than the 3 week period. I was thinking of trying this and then going back to my (iifym) diet (currently doing this). Im aware of losing muscle mass and some of the negatives, im just asking on what you might know about it.

Stats: 6'0", 218 lbs
    BodyPoints: 9511
    phoenixr2 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) phoenixr2 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) phoenixr2 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) phoenixr2 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) phoenixr2 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) phoenixr2 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) phoenixr2 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) phoenixr2 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) phoenixr2 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) phoenixr2 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) phoenixr2 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit phoenixr2's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by Sikkema88 View Post
    So my friend told me about something called the 3 week diet system and I guess your supposed to cut off weight extremely fast. do you know much about it? I know it goes in 3 phases. Phase one is liquid diet(shakes and one serving of greens a day), phase 2 is one meal a day with some shakes and phase 3 is 2 meals a day with shakes. It claims to be able to get somebody to drop 23 lbs or more in just 21 days. Do you what kind of shake they are talking about in the plan? Also in phase 1 you eat one serving of "greens+". Do you know what they would consider greens? Im aware losing weight that fast is not always the best way, im just trying to get as much info before I decide on if I want to attempt it. I have asked in the forums before and most people just say its a bad diet but have no information. I have read reviews and done some research and rarely do I find a bad review. Its not something im going to stick with for longer than the 3 week period. I was thinking of trying this and then going back to my (iifym) diet (currently doing this). Im aware of losing muscle mass and some of the negatives, im just asking on what you might know about it.
    How many different places are you planning on posting this? I can't see a single person on this site supporting you doing you friends "3 week diet"
    “As you think, so shall you become.”

Complaining about mod negs? Pepper your CP.

a3sthetic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) a3sthetic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) a3sthetic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) a3sthetic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) a3sthetic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) a3sthetic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) a3sthetic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) a3sthetic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) a3sthetic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) a3sthetic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) a3sthetic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Sikkema88 View Post
    You don't have to be Josef Rakich to know that losing 23lbs in 3 weeks is a stupid idea. How long do you think it will take to put back the muscle you will lose? Most diets have you losing between 1-2lbs max each week. Most likely you'd crash your metabolism and the moment you put a tic tac in your mouth you'd gain 5lbs lol (joking).

Stats: 6'0", 215 lbs
    Sikkema88 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit Sikkema88's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by phoenixr2 View Post
    How many different places are you planning on posting this? I can't see a single person on this site supporting you doing you friends "3 week diet"
    Im just trying to learn more about it. Is that wrong to want to learn more about something I dont have a lot of information on? Lol goodness, I try to learn something and ask and all of a sudden im stupid and my friends stupid and my friends mom is stupid.

Page 102 of 165 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 100 101 102 103 104 112 152 ... LastLast