Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

Closed Thread
Page 94 of 165 FirstFirst ... 44 84 92 93 94 95 96 104 144 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,820 of 4929
    Stats: 6'0", 216 lbs
    Lewis2396 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit Lewis2396's BodySpace

Cutting fat

What's a good diet I can follow in order to cut body fat and get cut up!?

Stats: 5'4", 149 lbs
    kamiz has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) kamiz has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) kamiz has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) kamiz has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) kamiz has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) kamiz has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) kamiz has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) kamiz has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) kamiz has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) kamiz has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) kamiz has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit kamiz's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by JOSEF RAKICH View Post

Awesome hope you have learned a lot!

Post up a pic lets see where you are at and I will advise you form there whether to keep cutting or to start bulking.
    Here is one of me from 155lbs flexing abs sorry don't have any at 150lbs, I'm just a tiny bit leaner through the mid
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159322431
    ^^Please check out and subscribe to my lifting/nutrition log on bb.com ^^
    **Winter Cutters Crew** La Ilahe Illallah!

Stats: 6'2", 185 lbs
    Llamarama2K is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Llamarama2K is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Llamarama2K is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Llamarama2K is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Llamarama2K is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Llamarama2K is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Llamarama2K is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Llamarama2K is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Llamarama2K is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Llamarama2K is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Llamarama2K is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Visit Llamarama2K's BodySpace
    1g protein per pound of LBW is fine, to be honest 0.8g protein per pound of LBW is plenty.. However I still recommend 1g/lb. As for the fat 0.4g+ (LBW).

How much calories is your maintenance? (TDEE) If you have no room for carbs then you are most likely doing the match wrong, but again depends on your TDEE>
    Cool - yeah adjusting the protein to 1.0/BW (was at 1.5/BW before) sorted it out alright. Macros now at around 40/30/30 (p/c/f). TDEE is around 2500, so aiming for 2000 for this cut. Thanks bro!

Stats: 9'10", 996 lbs
    Purtzian is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Purtzian is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Purtzian is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Purtzian is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Purtzian is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Purtzian is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Purtzian is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Purtzian is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Purtzian is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Purtzian is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Purtzian is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Visit Purtzian's BodySpace
    i have a very slow metabolism and im now thinking to start taking fatburners. which fatburner would u recomend? would prefer some strong **** where u dont lose much muscel but burn alot of fat in a short time. could u also aware me on side effects? ty

yesbuddie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yesbuddie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yesbuddie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yesbuddie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yesbuddie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yesbuddie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yesbuddie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yesbuddie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yesbuddie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yesbuddie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yesbuddie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Do you know what your maintenance calorie intake is? Is 1600 calories a 500 deficit?

Yup 5x5 strong man is fine, not something I would personally recommend however.
    I calculated my maintenance at 2230 calories mate!

I just picked 1600 because I thought it would be no harm to increase the deficit.

Would I look OK if I lost 20lbs of FAT cutting and then started a bulk?

Thanks Mate, appreciate it

Also I'm not sure how I forgot about including these details.

I'm 5"7" and weigh 160lbs.

Ideally I would like to get to this kind of physique and then bulk

Current

Look forward to hearing your response.
    Last edited by yesbuddie; 01-02-2013 at 08:28 AM.

Machinez is on a distinguished road. (+10)

There isn't really even a question as such? I don't get what you want me to answer?

Do you mind posting it again with a direct question. Thanks.
    Ok I think my question accidently got skipped. So here again:

Originally Posted by Machinez
    Hey Bro

Im 5'5
    148Lbs.. having a hard time decreasing my weight ..my belly fat isn't shredding off the way how i want it to.

I have good amount of muscle since ive been working out for a while now but it has been on and off for me due to medical school. I usually just work my biceps/triceps one day and then shoulders/chest the next.. in between ill do here and there leg exercises. How should i breakdown the exercise routine?

I want to get big, but not HUGE!.. at the same time, i want to shred the belly fat and some fat on my face..Do i loose weight first or do heavy lifting which'll eventually kill the extra fat? How should i go about it ..?

Much Appreciated!!

You replied saying: Hit each main muscle group once per week at high volume, I'm a big fan of high volume low frequency training. You cannot go wrong!

Post up a pic and I will advise you on what to do first.

Here is the pic! Thanks a lot for your help bro!
    Attached Images

JosefRakichFitness.com JOSEF RAKICH's Avatar
    Stats: 5'10", 180 lbs
    JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit JOSEF RAKICH's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by Lewis2396 View Post
    What's a good diet I can follow in order to cut body fat and get cut up!?
    A calorie deficit diet where both protein and fat minimal requirements are met.

If you want a perfectly structured meal plan designed to get you ripped up just visit my website: www.JosefRakichFitness.com

I currently have a *LIMITED TIME SPECIAL OFFER* available with my Ultimate Personal Training Package! (1 whole year worth)

GET SHREDDED LIKE THIS VVVVV

Originally Posted by kamiz View Post
    Here is one of me from 155lbs flexing abs sorry don't have any at 150lbs, I'm just a tiny bit leaner through the mid
    Are you currently bulking or cutting?

At this stage you could really do either to be honest.. Its all personal preference.. However if you are currently cutting at the moment then I would continue until you get a bit leaner then start a fresh bulk from there.

Originally Posted by Llamarama2K View Post
    Cool - yeah adjusting the protein to 1.0/BW (was at 1.5/BW before) sorted it out alright. Macros now at around 40/30/30 (p/c/f). TDEE is around 2500, so aiming for 2000 for this cut. Thanks bro!
    Don't go by percentages when working out macros... How much protein carbs and fats you consuming in total bro?

Originally Posted by Purtzian View Post
    i have a very slow metabolism and im now thinking to start taking fatburners. which fatburner would u recomend? would prefer some strong **** where u dont lose much muscel but burn alot of fat in a short time. could u also aware me on side effects? ty
    Caffeine dosed at 400-600mg per day will do you wonders.

JUst make sure you have no heart conditions and that you don't take it too late in the day other wise you won't get to sleep!

But again diet is everything.

Originally Posted by yesbuddie View Post
    I calculated my maintenance at 2230 calories mate!

I just picked 1600 because I thought it would be no harm to increase the deficit.

Would I look OK if I lost 20lbs of FAT cutting and then started a bulk?

Thanks Mate, appreciate it

Also I'm not sure how I forgot about including these details.

I'm 5"7" and weigh 160lbs.

Ideally I would like to get to this kind of physique and then bulk

Look forward to hearing your response.
    So thats 630 calorie deficit.. Which is fine. I personally would have started on 500 and increased the deficit from there but its fine.. Your calories are quite low but I'm guessing its because of your daily activity levels you are very sedentary am I correct?

Originally Posted by Machinez View Post
    Ok I think my question accidently got skipped. So here again:

Originally Posted by Machinez
    Hey Bro

Im 5'5
    148Lbs.. having a hard time decreasing my weight ..my belly fat isn't shredding off the way how i want it to.

I have good amount of muscle since ive been working out for a while now but it has been on and off for me due to medical school. I usually just work my biceps/triceps one day and then shoulders/chest the next.. in between ill do here and there leg exercises. How should i breakdown the exercise routine?

I want to get big, but not HUGE!.. at the same time, i want to shred the belly fat and some fat on my face..Do i loose weight first or do heavy lifting which'll eventually kill the extra fat? How should i go about it ..?

Much Appreciated!!

You replied saying: Hit each main muscle group once per week at high volume, I'm a big fan of high volume low frequency training. You cannot go wrong!

Post up a pic and I will advise you on what to do first.

Here is the pic! Thanks a lot for your help bro!
    Have a complete day for your legs, don't just do a few leg exercises here and there in between working your other muscle groups.. Thats just silly.

You could either bulk or cut its up to you, personal preference really.. If you are currently cutting however then continue to do so until you reach your goal boy fat percentage and then start bulking up.
    ✔ ISSA Certified Personal Trainer, Fitness Model & Sponsored Athlete!

✔ Personalized Meal Plans & Workout Programs for Males & Females! (PM me for details)

✔ 12 WEEK TRANSFORMATION PROGRAM NOW AVAILABLE! (PM me for details)

✔ Follow me on FaceBook (Search: Josef Rakich Fitness)

✔ Follow me on Instagram (@JosefRakich)

✔ Subscribe to my Youtube Channel for Workout Vids (Search: Josef Rakich)

Andrew6481 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Help as to what to do next

Hey Josef, awesome thread you have here. I am currently 5'11, 166.2 lbs, 18.6% bf, and not sure whether to keep cutting, or start bulking. I started at 182 lbs, and been at it for a few months. I'll post some pics, and hopefully you can help me decide what to do. The first 2 are of me not flexed, and the last 2 are of me flexing. Thanks for all of your help in advance. I am currently taking ec stack with green tea extract pill twice a day, creatine, fish oil and multivitamins. I workout 4 to 5 times a week, do 1 hour of cardio, with 1 hour of lifting weights, and split the body up into 5 days for weight lifting.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Andrew6481; 01-02-2013 at 03:43 PM. Reason: Add more info

Stats: 6'2", 184 lbs
    daw0731 is just really nice. (+1000) daw0731 is just really nice. (+1000) daw0731 is just really nice. (+1000) daw0731 is just really nice. (+1000) daw0731 is just really nice. (+1000) daw0731 is just really nice. (+1000) daw0731 is just really nice. (+1000) daw0731 is just really nice. (+1000) daw0731 is just really nice. (+1000) daw0731 is just really nice. (+1000) daw0731 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Visit daw0731's BodySpace
    For weight training. I usually do biceps, triceps, lats, traps, pecs and abs during each work out. I don't have a lot of weights at my disposal, so I have been doing a lot of reps with smaller weights. In fact, I have to rely on push-ups for my chest because I don't have enough weights.

Also, I have noticed a trend with the posts and responses of the others, and it seems to me that a good deficit diet plan will help me lose the fat. Accordingly, I have been attempting to eat 160g of protein, 85g of carbs, and 64g of fat. However, in using this diet for the past week I have noticed that while running I feel very tired. Is this due to the low amount of carbs? I have calculated my RMR at about 2050 kcal/day, so I have tried to eat about 1550 with the above macros. According to my Nike sport watch, I burn about 600 kcal on a 4 mile run (average run), with this and a 500 kcal cut am I not getting enough fuel for my exercise?

Thanks!
    Last edited by daw0731; 01-02-2013 at 04:19 PM.

Stats: 6'2", 185 lbs
    Llamarama2K is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Llamarama2K is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Llamarama2K is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Llamarama2K is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Llamarama2K is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Llamarama2K is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Llamarama2K is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Llamarama2K is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Llamarama2K is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Llamarama2K is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Llamarama2K is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Visit Llamarama2K's BodySpace
    Don't go by percentages when working out macros... How much protein carbs and fats you consuming in total bro?
    Currently aiming for 200g protein, 145g carbs, 65g fat...totals to around 2000 calories. How does that look bro?

yesbuddie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yesbuddie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yesbuddie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yesbuddie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yesbuddie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yesbuddie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yesbuddie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yesbuddie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yesbuddie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yesbuddie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yesbuddie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

So thats 630 calorie deficit.. Which is fine. I personally would have started on 500 and increased the deficit from there but its fine.. Your calories are quite low but I'm guessing its because of your daily activity levels you are very sedentary am I correct?
    Yes mate exactly. The only exercise I get is typically the 5x5 lifts I do three times a week.

This is why I think I will add in cardio on rest days twice a week or so.

Is it realistic for me to drop 20lbs of fat in 12 weeks? Then I will bulk

Registered User NeverBackDown90's Avatar
    Stats: 5'8", 160 lbs
    NeverBackDown90 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit NeverBackDown90's BodySpace
    Hey Josef,
    I've been cutting for about two months now and i'm about where i want to be before i start a 300 cal surplus bulk. When i was cutting all I was doing was watching my diet extremely close and wasn't working out yet. I did cut alot of fat but also lost alot muscle strength I had which i was expecting. I just had a couple questions that I was a little confused about and thought you could help.

1. I'm most likely going to continue my bulk until right before summer(about 6 months) and I plan on cutting again now when i cut again am i going to be losing alot of the muscle I gained during bulking period like I did before if i'm still working out?

2. If your cutting for summer on average how long do your cutting periods last until you begin bulking again?

3. At a 300 calorie surplus I shouldn't expect to gain that much fat back should I while bulking?

4. While i was cutting i was at 1400 calories a day which is very low, my calorie maintenance right now is 2500 and im going up 300 for bulking so 2800 a day. Now i know im not gonna be at the same weight in 6 months after im done bulking but just say my maintenance was still 2500 a day when i begin my cut again do i go as extreme as 1400 a day like i did before or should I stay closer to my maintenance?

Stats: 5'10", 156 lbs
    jhadkins10 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jhadkins10 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jhadkins10 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jhadkins10 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jhadkins10 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jhadkins10 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jhadkins10 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jhadkins10 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jhadkins10 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jhadkins10 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jhadkins10 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Visit jhadkins10's BodySpace
    So I was curious. If you mess up your nutrition one day and your in a cutting cycle and you can either go over your calories goal and meet your protein and fat goals, Or be on track calories wise but maybe are slightly short on protein what would you do?

Will being 30g of protein under one day make a difference??

Thanks,

Jim

Stats: 5'11", 204 lbs
    nbartlet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nbartlet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nbartlet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nbartlet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nbartlet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nbartlet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nbartlet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nbartlet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nbartlet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nbartlet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nbartlet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Visit nbartlet's BodySpace

Eat more?

My fat loss seems to have stalled. I've been working out consistently for over a year and a half now. I lift heavy 3-4 days per week for about an hour. Fairly low intensity, I do cardio for about 35-45 minutes, 3 times per week. Other than that, my activity level is very sporadic. One day I might sit behind a desk the entire day and never leave the house other than to workout, other days I may be walking around the city half of the day.

I stopped tracking my macros and calorie intake about 3 months ago. Why? Because after calculating them for so long and trying to adjust them, I became frustrated. I also had a pretty good idea from tracking for so long, how much I had been eating at various times of the day, and have been sticking close to that. When I was tracking I was taking in about 2300 calories per day, with the following macros:

Protein: 262
    Fat: 52
    Carbs: 200

I'm 36 years old, 194 pounds, and 5' 11" tall. I'd estimate that I"m between 11 and 14% body fat.

Now, I haven' t lost a pound in probably 5 months, BUT my body composition has changed. I definitely have a better shape, but I've lost almost no belly fat, and my arms which were very lean at one point, no longer seem as lean. I can see abs (mostly upper), if I flex, and on a good day.

According to the TDEE calculator on IIFIYM's website, my TDEE is 3704 on a workout day, with little other activity. So if I deduct the recommended 20% that puts me at 2963 calories. So with that being said, am I eating too little? Will increasing my calories help me lose more weight? I have a really hard time believing that is the case. I'm almost ready to reduce my calories to 1900 per day on a moderate activity day, but I'm already always hungry and I'm worried that cutting more calories may have a bad result.

What's your thoughts?

By the way, your physique is great and pretty much what I'm shooting for. Sorry if I rambled!

lurkerWithaQ is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey, I have lost 25 lb (and got perma banned for no reason!) and am worried that my loose skin is so much that it will not retract. I think I have another 20lbs of fat to lose before im 10-12% BF
    im 5'9 and weighed 215 lbs, now im 185 lbs.
    If somebody could be so kind to post the images in this link, that would be very very much appreciated

imgur.com/a/w2tOT

My questions are,
    1. how bad is the loose skin so far?
    2. I herd that your loose skin will stop tightening if you start bulking, is that true? (more specifically, can i gain muscle, while my skin tightens, so they reach a meeting point?)
    3. do i have gyno from what you can see?

Even though ill probably be banned, i will still check on this thread regularly, thanks!

Stats: 155 lbs
    Wahdan is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit Wahdan's BodySpace
    Hey, Josef!

Please answer my post in page 91. Thanks

I pasted it here to make it easier for you:

Hey Josef!I have 3 questions regarding supplements. I'm using TwinLab Amino Fuel (Pre-Workout) and ON Gold Standard Whey(Post-Workout, 1 scoop (25g) and another 1 scoop later in the day (25g))1) Should I ditch TwinLab's Amino Fuel because it has 9g sugar per serving? Will that affect my fat loss? Dymatize's Super Amino Liquid is a good replacement?2) Am I taking these supplements in the right timing or should I change something?3) Are multivitamins (such as Opti-Men) essential or could do without them?I have my macros sorted out and the above questions are my only concerns. Thanks in advance.

Stats: 5'10", 205 lbs
    halffttime has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) halffttime has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) halffttime has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) halffttime has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) halffttime has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) halffttime has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) halffttime has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) halffttime has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) halffttime has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) halffttime has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) halffttime has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit halffttime's BodySpace
    real curious to what your max lifts are and how I compare to you... deadlifts, bench press, squat?

also.. what do you think of my calculations..

i'm 210lbs at about 25% bodyfat I'm assuming.

210lbs - 17% (35.7lbs) = 174.3lbs @ 8% bodyfat...

i know it's right, but are there any variables i'm missing..
    1RM
    Bench - 210lbs
    Squat -250lbs
    DeadLift - 340lbs

GOAL
    Bench - 275lbs
    Squat - 315lbs
    Deadlift - 405lbs

"every moment is a chance to turn it all around.."

Stats: 6'0", 168 lbs
    BeingPaid has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) BeingPaid has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) BeingPaid has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) BeingPaid has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) BeingPaid has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) BeingPaid has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) BeingPaid has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) BeingPaid has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) BeingPaid has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) BeingPaid has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) BeingPaid has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit BeingPaid's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by Andrew6481 View Post
    Hey Josef, awesome thread you have here. I am currently 5'11, 166.2 lbs, 18.6% bf, and not sure whether to keep cutting, or start bulking. I started at 182 lbs, and been at it for a few months. I'll post some pics, and hopefully you can help me decide what to do. The first 2 are of me not flexed, and the last 2 are of me flexing. Thanks for all of your help in advance. I am currently taking ec stack with green tea extract pill twice a day, creatine, fish oil and multivitamins. I workout 4 to 5 times a week, do 1 hour of cardio, with 1 hour of lifting weights, and split the body up into 5 days for weight lifting.
    My advice:
    1) shave armpit hair
    2) bulk

You don't have much muscle mass, so I'm not sure you'd look too good if you cut (not to mention you're already fairly lean - a clean bulk won't put on much fat).

NTFlipz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    what is the best way to calculate my body fat percentage accurately ?

And,

If I want to maintain a 500 caloric deficit, I would have to constantly decrease the amount of calorie intake week by week as I get leaner correct ? My fear is that I wont have enough energy to support my gym sessions as my calorie intake gets lower and lower.

Stats: 6'4", 190 lbs
    Hawkhamilton is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit Hawkhamilton's BodySpace
    My question from a few pages back was what quick advice you have for what tactic i should try now. I do resistance/weights 4 times a week for 60-90 mins (mostly super sets), and for the last couple of months have added 10 mins of HIIT to the end of each workout. Been doing IF from 9:30pm to 1:00pm 6-7 days a week for Six months, too. Results? Dropped two points in BF (10-8%), and lots of great feedback about looking better, but still not cut in my abs. Started working my abs harder, but I'm thinking this is more about eating. Should I cut cals (haven't done big deficits on a daily basis since advice has been that will eat more muscle than fat)? What new tack should I take or should I just expect a sow climb to my six pack goal over the next six months if I stick with my exercise routine and IF?

Stats: 5'11", 203 lbs
    josebrazil91 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit josebrazil91's BodySpace
    5'11 and I weigh 206. I wanna be shredddded and ive got some fat on me, prob right around 20%.. What do i do?!

Stats: 5'11", 220 lbs
    BodyPoints: 2339
    -Lucifer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) -Lucifer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) -Lucifer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) -Lucifer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) -Lucifer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) -Lucifer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) -Lucifer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) -Lucifer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) -Lucifer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) -Lucifer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) -Lucifer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit -Lucifer's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by josebrazil91 View Post
    5'11 and I weigh 206. I wanna be shredddded and ive got some fat on me, prob right around 20%.. What do i do?!
    Maintenance - 500 cal.

Stats: 5'2", 105 lbs
    bgreenier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bgreenier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bgreenier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bgreenier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bgreenier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bgreenier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bgreenier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bgreenier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bgreenier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bgreenier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bgreenier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Visit bgreenier's BodySpace
    I am wondering which fat burner is best Lipo6 or Ergoshred? Not for me for my bf? Also I wondering what I can do to help me with my ab region. I workout 4 times a week for an hour and half. I know food plays a role, so I have up my protein. I am not a big eater so this has been tough for me. But I am eager to learn and do things correctly. thanks

Location: nottingham, State / Province, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Stats: 5'11", 233 lbs
    nathan32smith is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) nathan32smith is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) nathan32smith is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) nathan32smith is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) nathan32smith is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) nathan32smith is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) nathan32smith is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) nathan32smith is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) nathan32smith is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) nathan32smith is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) nathan32smith is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Visit nathan32smith's BodySpace

i'm not losing fat/weight

i'm 6ft 240 pounds and 27%bodyfat i eat 2200 calories a day don't have a job at moment and train with weights 4 days a week with 20-30 min cardio afterwards and after 5 weeks havn't lost any weight and only 2% bodyfat, my diet is clean with just broccli and chicken for dinner also protien creatine shake after workout, any clues on what i'm doing wrong or need to change?? thanks

JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Originally Posted by Andrew6481 View Post
    Hey thanks!

- Bulk
    - And shave armpits lol

Originally Posted by daw0731 View Post
    For weight training. I usually do biceps, triceps, lats, traps, pecs and abs during each work out. I don't have a lot of weights at my disposal, so I have been doing a lot of reps with smaller weights. In fact, I have to rely on push-ups for my chest because I don't have enough weights.

Also, I have noticed a trend with the posts and responses of the others, and it seems to me that a good deficit diet plan will help me lose the fat. Accordingly, I have been attempting to eat 160g of protein, 85g of carbs, and 64g of fat. However, in using this diet for the past week I have noticed that while running I feel very tired. Is this due to the low amount of carbs? I have calculated my RMR at about 2050 kcal/day, so I have tried to eat about 1550 with the above macros. According to my Nike sport watch, I burn about 600 kcal on a 4 mile run (average run), with this and a 500 kcal cut am I not getting enough fuel for my exercise?

Thanks!
    Not the most effective way to train, I would defiantly change up your workout program, it could be a lot better.

As for your diet feeling tired, it may just be the reduction in calories, 1500 calories is very low. What is your daily activity levels? What do you do on a daily basis?

Originally Posted by Llamarama2K View Post
    Currently aiming for 200g protein, 145g carbs, 65g fat...totals to around 2000 calories. How does that look bro?
    Looks fine bro, I cannot remember your weight but is your fat more than 0.4g per pound of LEAN bodyweight?

If so, perfect!

Originally Posted by yesbuddie View Post
    Yes mate exactly. The only exercise I get is typically the 5x5 lifts I do three times a week.

This is why I think I will add in cardio on rest days twice a week or so.

Is it realistic for me to drop 20lbs of fat in 12 weeks? Then I will bulk
    If you are only training with weights 3x per week then yes I would recommend doing cardio on your off days. And as for 20lbs in 12 weeks.. Well yes anything is possible.

Originally Posted by NeverBackDown90 View Post
    Hey Josef,
    I've been cutting for about two months now and i'm about where i want to be before i start a 300 cal surplus bulk. When i was cutting all I was doing was watching my diet extremely close and wasn't working out yet. I did cut alot of fat but also lost alot muscle strength I had which i was expecting. I just had a couple questions that I was a little confused about and thought you could help.

1. I'm most likely going to continue my bulk until right before summer(about 6 months) and I plan on cutting again now when i cut again am i going to be losing alot of the muscle I gained during bulking period like I did before if i'm still working out?

2. If your cutting for summer on average how long do your cutting periods last until you begin bulking again?

3. At a 300 calorie surplus I shouldn't expect to gain that much fat back should I while bulking?

4. While i was cutting i was at 1400 calories a day which is very low, my calorie maintenance right now is 2500 and im going up 300 for bulking so 2800 a day. Now i know im not gonna be at the same weight in 6 months after im done bulking but just say my maintenance was still 2500 a day when i begin my cut again do i go as extreme as 1400 a day like i did before or should I stay closer to my maintenance?
    1. No you will not lose muscle when you cut, unless you cut wrong.. If you keep protein intake high keep the intensity up in the weights room and don't run such as extreme calorie deficit you will maintain most of your muscle mass.

2. Depends on many factors for example the amount of fat you have to lose will determine the length of time you need to cut.. There is no exact time frame for everyone.

3. 300 calorie surplus is nice, solid lean muscle gains with minimal fat.

Originally Posted by jhadkins10 View Post
    So I was curious. If you mess up your nutrition one day and your in a cutting cycle and you can either go over your calories goal and meet your protein and fat goals, Or be on track calories wise but maybe are slightly short on protein what would you do?

Will being 30g of protein under one day make a difference??

Thanks,

Jim
    If its just one day you mess it up honestly don't worry about it, just continue back to your diet the following day and don't muck up again.

✔ Personalized Meal Plans & Workout Programs for Males & Females! (PM me for details)

Originally Posted by nbartlet View Post
    My fat loss seems to have stalled. I've been working out consistently for over a year and a half now. I lift heavy 3-4 days per week for about an hour. Fairly low intensity, I do cardio for about 35-45 minutes, 3 times per week. Other than that, my activity level is very sporadic. One day I might sit behind a desk the entire day and never leave the house other than to workout, other days I may be walking around the city half of the day.

I stopped tracking my macros and calorie intake about 3 months ago. Why? Because after calculating them for so long and trying to adjust them, I became frustrated. I also had a pretty good idea from tracking for so long, how much I had been eating at various times of the day, and have been sticking close to that. When I was tracking I was taking in about 2300 calories per day, with the following macros:

Protein: 262
    Fat: 52
    Carbs: 200

I'm 36 years old, 194 pounds, and 5' 11" tall. I'd estimate that I"m between 11 and 14% body fat.

Now, I haven' t lost a pound in probably 5 months, BUT my body composition has changed. I definitely have a better shape, but I've lost almost no belly fat, and my arms which were very lean at one point, no longer seem as lean. I can see abs (mostly upper), if I flex, and on a good day.

According to the TDEE calculator on IIFIYM's website, my TDEE is 3704 on a workout day, with little other activity. So if I deduct the recommended 20% that puts me at 2963 calories. So with that being said, am I eating too little? Will increasing my calories help me lose more weight? I have a really hard time believing that is the case. I'm almost ready to reduce my calories to 1900 per day on a moderate activity day, but I'm already always hungry and I'm worried that cutting more calories may have a bad result.

What's your thoughts?

By the way, your physique is great and pretty much what I'm shooting for. Sorry if I rambled!
    How long have you been cutting? You could be suffering from metabolic damage..

I haven't used the TDEE calculator on the IIFYM website but from what I heard that way over estimates peoples TDEE.. Just go to google type in "maintenance calorie calculator" then click on the 1st 3 websites fill them out and take the average. But yeah IIFYM website seems to be a bit inaccurate.

My thoughts are you may need to bulk just for a bit, not to bulk up or anything but just to get your metabolic rate and leptin hormone levels up again so you can continue to burn fat at an optimal rate.

Originally Posted by lurkerWithaQ View Post
    Hey, I have lost 25 lb (and got perma banned for no reason!) and am worried that my loose skin is so much that it will not retract. I think I have another 20lbs of fat to lose before im 10-12% BF
    im 5'9 and weighed 215 lbs, now im 185 lbs.
    If somebody could be so kind to post the images in this link, that would be very very much appreciated

imgur.com/a/w2tOT

My questions are,
    1. how bad is the loose skin so far?
    2. I herd that your loose skin will stop tightening if you start bulking, is that true? (more specifically, can i gain muscle, while my skin tightens, so they reach a meeting point?)
    3. do i have gyno from what you can see?

Even though ill probably be banned, i will still check on this thread regularly, thanks!
    1. That loose skin should go bro, once you get real lean you will notice there will almost be no loose skin at all.
    2. Once you finish your cut you will hardly even be able to notice your lose skin. Yes bulking after you have finished your cut will help. (presuming you gain muscle and not fat)
    3. No I don't think you have actual gyno, I think its just fat. Get it checked out by a doctor if you want to be 100% certain. Do you feel any lump under your nipple?

Originally Posted by Wahdan View Post
    Hey, Josef!

Please answer my post in page 91. Thanks

I pasted it here to make it easier for you:

Hey Josef!I have 3 questions regarding supplements. I'm using TwinLab Amino Fuel (Pre-Workout) and ON Gold Standard Whey(Post-Workout, 1 scoop (25g) and another 1 scoop later in the day (25g))1) Should I ditch TwinLab's Amino Fuel because it has 9g sugar per serving? Will that affect my fat loss? Dymatize's Super Amino Liquid is a good replacement?2) Am I taking these supplements in the right timing or should I change something?3) Are multivitamins (such as Opti-Men) essential or could do without them?I have my macros sorted out and the above questions are my only concerns. Thanks in advance.
    Thanks, makes it much easier when you post it again.

1. I actually did answer this question already lol... I remember responding to it I just think its you who may have missed it.

2. 9g of sugar is fine (IIFYM) sugar does not just automatically make you fat. I could consume 100g sugar per day every day and still lose fat, its all about calories in VS calories out. So no it will not effect your fat loss.

3. Timing is irrelevant, just take them whenever.. Its all about meeting your protein, carb, fat requirements by the end of the day (24 hour period).

4. Yes a multi-vitamin is very good, the best and most important supplement by far. You don't HAVE to take a multi-vitamin if you get enough micronutrients from your food, but if you are truing hard and putting your body under a lot of stress then yes I would highly advise that you take a muti-vtiamin.

Originally Posted by halffttime View Post
    real curious to what your max lifts are and how I compare to you... deadlifts, bench press, squat?

also.. what do you think of my calculations..

i'm 210lbs at about 25% bodyfat I'm assuming.

210lbs - 17% (35.7lbs) = 174.3lbs @ 8% bodyfat...

i know it's right, but are there any variables i'm missing..
    I don't max and haven't maxed for so long..

Deadlift 160kg x 9 (2011)
    Rack pull 220kg x 2 (early 2012)
    Barbell squat 140kg x 20 and 180kg x 2 (deep) (early 2012)
    Bench press 130 x 1 (bench is my weak spot) (early 2012)

Originally Posted by NTFlipz View Post
    what is the best way to calculate my body fat percentage accurately ?

And,

If I want to maintain a 500 caloric deficit, I would have to constantly decrease the amount of calorie intake week by week as I get leaner correct ? My fear is that I wont have enough energy to support my gym sessions as my calorie intake gets lower and lower.
    Calorie deficit diet + cardio. If you want a perfectly structured meal plan to get shredded just visit my website: www.JosefRakichFitness.com

Yes, but not weekly.. Every 4 weeks is recommended to adjust calories/macros.

Originally Posted by Hawkhamilton View Post
    My question from a few pages back was what quick advice you have for what tactic i should try now. I do resistance/weights 4 times a week for 60-90 mins (mostly super sets), and for the last couple of months have added 10 mins of HIIT to the end of each workout. Been doing IF from 9:30pm to 1:00pm 6-7 days a week for Six months, too. Results? Dropped two points in BF (10-8%), and lots of great feedback about looking better, but still not cut in my abs. Started working my abs harder, but I'm thinking this is more about eating. Should I cut cals (haven't done big deficits on a daily basis since advice has been that will eat more muscle than fat)? What new tack should I take or should I just expect a sow climb to my six pack goal over the next six months if I stick with my exercise routine and IF?
    If you are already lean (8%BF) then it just may be lack of size in your abdominals.. To have a good set of abs you need to have good size, with low body fat this will result in deep cuts and very visible abs that stand out,

Originally Posted by josebrazil91 View Post
    Workout a good meal plan and follow a good training program.

www.JosefRakichFitness.com if you want any help in creating a meal plan and/or workout program.

Originally Posted by -Lucifer View Post
    Maintenance - 500 cal.
    Bang on!

Originally Posted by bgreenier View Post
    I am wondering which fat burner is best Lipo6 or Ergoshred? Not for me for my bf? Also I wondering what I can do to help me with my ab region. I workout 4 times a week for an hour and half. I know food plays a role, so I have up my protein. I am not a big eater so this has been tough for me. But I am eager to learn and do things correctly. thanks
    EX stack >

Yes your diet will make a big difference, in order to see your abs body fat must be low enough, so a calorie deficit diet is the way to go.

Originally Posted by nathan32smith View Post
    i'm 6ft 240 pounds and 27%bodyfat i eat 2200 calories a day don't have a job at moment and train with weights 4 days a week with 20-30 min cardio afterwards and after 5 weeks havn't lost any weight and only 2% bodyfat, my diet is clean with just broccli and chicken for dinner also protien creatine shake after workout, any clues on what i'm doing wrong or need to change?? thanks
    First off there is no such thing as "clean".. There is no "good" and "bad" foods. There is no list of foods your not allowed to eat to reach your body composition goals. Don't think you have to give up pizza or McDonald's just because you want to lose some weight. General body composition is about calorie and macronutrient control, hitting your macronutrient targets and calorie requirements however and whenever you want with ANY foods of your personal preference. It really confuses me when people say they eat "clean" what do you use soap on all your food? Lol..?

You can still get fat off eating broccoli and chicken (if calories are in a surplus) and you can still lose weight eating burgers and fries (if calories are in a deficit).

You need to sort yourself out a proper diet I recommend and follow it. Do you know how much protein, carbs and fats your are consuming on a daily basis and the calories?

Stats: 5'7", 136 lbs
    Zinx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Zinx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Zinx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Zinx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Zinx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Zinx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Zinx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Zinx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Zinx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Zinx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Zinx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Visit Zinx's BodySpace
    Hey Joe,

your body is amazing! good to see a fellow kiwi looking so hot I was born in NZ! but living in Australia now!

Anyway, I was just curious to see if I am heading down the right track, here are my stats..

Female, 27, 62 kilo, My body composition scales tell me I am 21.7% BF
    I workout pretty hard 5-6 times a week and have lost 7 kilos so far.

I have worked out my calories to be 1600 for a deficit? and my macros are: 140g Protein (35%) , 160g Carb (45%) ,44g fat (25%)
    I have found that I need to have more carbs otherwise I tend to just binge and have poor workouts, I am loosing weight and gaining muscle, just wanted to see your thoughts on my cals are they low enough? and are my macros good?
    Haters Gonna Hate!

Stats: 5'2", 105 lbs
    bgreenier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bgreenier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bgreenier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bgreenier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bgreenier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bgreenier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bgreenier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bgreenier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bgreenier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bgreenier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bgreenier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Visit bgreenier's BodySpace
    I live in the US so I can not get EX stack if that is what you meant. So what would be good to use? I heard ergoshred was good and Lipo6 just to loose a small amount of weight?

Location: nottingham, State / Province, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Stats: 5'11", 233 lbs
    nathan32smith is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) nathan32smith is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) nathan32smith is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) nathan32smith is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) nathan32smith is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) nathan32smith is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) nathan32smith is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) nathan32smith is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) nathan32smith is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) nathan32smith is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) nathan32smith is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Visit nathan32smith's BodySpace
    thanks for reply, about 100-130 grams protien per day, not sure on carbs and fat, my average daily meals are
    breakfast 3 egg whites , bowl of dry muslea, apple,orange,bananna and 2 amino acid tabs
    mid morn- plain tuna on granary bread
    lunch salad, smoked salmon and 1 cup brown rice
    afternoon train post whey and creatine shake
    dinner - whole broccoli and 2 chicken breast
    evening activia yoghurt and fruit n nut mix 50 grams
    and approx 3 litres water
    around 2200 calories
    anything i need to change bearing height 6 ft weight 240lb age 32 regards Nathan

First off there is no such thing as "clean".. There is no "good" and "bad" foods. There is no list of foods your not allowed to eat to reach your body composition goals. Don't think you have to give up pizza or McDonald's just because you want to lose some weight. General body composition is about calorie and macronutrient control, hitting your macronutrient targets and calorie requirements however and whenever you want with ANY foods of your personal preference. It really confuses me when people say they eat "clean" what do you use soap on all your food? Lol..?

You can still get fat off eating broccoli and chicken (if calories are in a surplus) and you can still lose weight eating burgers and fries (if calories are in a deficit).

You need to sort yourself out a proper diet I recommend and follow it. Do you know how much protein, carbs and fats your are consuming on a daily basis and the calories?[/QUOTE]

Stats: 5'9", 175 lbs
    BodyPoints: 4800
    shffl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shffl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shffl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shffl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shffl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shffl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shffl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shffl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shffl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shffl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shffl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit shffl's BodySpace
    How low should you reduce your calories before adding in cardio and keeping the caloric intake constant for someone around 5' 9" 195lb 16-18%bf? For example, you start with a 500 deficit until weight loss became stagnant, then reduce another 500 but I assume we don't keep this up forever. Thanks!

Closed Thread
Page 94 of 165 FirstFirst ... 44 84 92 93 94 95 96 104 144 ... LastLast