Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

Closed Thread
Page 93 of 165 FirstFirst ... 43 83 91 92 93 94 95 103 143 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,790 of 4929
    Stats: 5'7", 194 lbs
    Vaylor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Vaylor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Vaylor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Vaylor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Vaylor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Vaylor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Vaylor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Vaylor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Vaylor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Vaylor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Vaylor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit Vaylor's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by Rantonch View Post
    I'm not sure I fallow?
    Take your current maintenance calories and increase them by 10-20%. Also read this:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=133163973

Stats: 5'10", 155 lbs
    forbidden9 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit forbidden9's BodySpace

Now this is some motivation!

What's the best exercise you recommend for obliques?

Stats: 5'8", 195 lbs
    stephenlatsha has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stephenlatsha has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stephenlatsha has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stephenlatsha has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stephenlatsha has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stephenlatsha has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stephenlatsha has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stephenlatsha has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stephenlatsha has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stephenlatsha has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stephenlatsha has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit stephenlatsha's BodySpace

loosing lower bf

Just starting off by saying your huge Haha but Im160 lbs 5 foot 8 inches and I say about 12% bf. Ive been using the no carb diet I eat 70% protein and 30% fat (good fat). I do insanity 3 days a week and lift 3 with Sunday being an off day. Every 2 weeks tho I eat all I want for 2 days (I heard this will boost ur metabolism).I am just wondering how long u think it would take me till I finally start seeing my lower abbs...thanks and happy new year!
    Last edited by stephenlatsha; 01-01-2013 at 04:24 PM.

Stats: 5'10", 208 lbs
    tony774 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit tony774's BodySpace

losing the right weight

Trying to determine how to lose bodyfat and still gain muscle, Want to go from 28% to 15%.
    "I came, I saw, I conquered." -Julius Caesar

Stats: 5'9", 194 lbs
    cterrazas is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit cterrazas's BodySpace
    Josef i know your not answering until after holiday but thought id post it for when you review. Im cutting right now and in a calorie deficit. My question is what is better high reps or low reps for getting shredded? Ive lifted low reps heavy weight forever and was just wondering if you have any advice? Happy New Year btw!

Stats: 228 lbs
    MWallTM is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit MWallTM's BodySpace
    Not a short question - I was going to create a new thread but saw this.

I am a 24 year old male, 6'2, 230 pounds. I have always been slightly big but recently let myself go over the past year and a half(got a good job in a call center, became lazy.).

A friend of mine had pretty good success with Herbalife(Meal replacement), lost about 80 pounds. On another friend's recommendation, I purchased a 5LB bag of Muscletech 100% Premium Whey Protein +. I have started replacing breakfast/lunch with a shake. My issue is I am completely new to all of this and do not know where to begin in regards to what to eat, when to eat, etc. My schedule is as follows:

3:00PM - Shake(1 Scoop as directed, Milk, Ice, Blend)
    5:00PM - Snack - Usually a bowl of cereal and yogurt(Activia)
    7:00PM - Another shake
    9:00PM - Another Snack - Usually the same thing minus yogurt
    11:00PM - Meal - This has usually consisted of rice and some sort of turkey or chicken cooked on a George Forman grill.

I get off work at 2:00AM and sleep shortly after, repeat the next day. As I said, I'm not sure what is good to eat and what will help. I have been doing this for a week now(Although I didn't do too well over the weekend due to being broke and having no groceries)

The reasoning for this diet is due to my asthma. I quit smoking on January 22nd of this year which was my first step towards getting healthy. While I do have a decent job, I am unable to afford Health insurance which in turn prevents me from obtaining proper medication to suppress my asthma. Since quitting smoking, my asthma has gotten much worse, to the point of having an attack when walking up stairs. I am wanting to lose some weight and then attempt to slowly work my way into cardio and weightlifting.

There is my explanation. My question - Will something like this work? Compared to what I used to eat, this is a drastic decrease in caloric intake and I am hoping to see some results.

Any resources as to what would be good to eat/snack would be greatly appreciated, along with any sort of cardio or workout I could do now that wouldn't be too irritating to my asthma but still beneficial.

Thanks!
    -Matt

It aint easy being cheesy Wantaripbod's Avatar
    Stats: 6'0", 202 lbs
    Wantaripbod has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Wantaripbod has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Wantaripbod has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Wantaripbod has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Wantaripbod has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Wantaripbod has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Wantaripbod has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Wantaripbod has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Wantaripbod has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Wantaripbod has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Wantaripbod has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit Wantaripbod's BodySpace
    After a bulk, what's a effective way to go about cutting and getting shredded w/o losing muscle mass?

Stats: 5'11", 183 lbs
    PeZzYy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) PeZzYy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) PeZzYy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) PeZzYy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) PeZzYy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) PeZzYy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) PeZzYy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) PeZzYy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) PeZzYy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) PeZzYy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) PeZzYy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit PeZzYy's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by Wantaripbod View Post
    After a bulk, what's a effective way to go about cutting and getting shredded w/o losing muscle mass?
    eating below maintenance w/ maintaining at least 1.5g protein per LBM
    Eat Sleep Dream BRAH

yesbuddie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yesbuddie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yesbuddie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yesbuddie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yesbuddie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yesbuddie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yesbuddie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yesbuddie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yesbuddie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yesbuddie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yesbuddie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Already posted this on another thread but would love to hear your advice

After an over load of Alcohol and Fast food over the Christmas, I've decided Sick and tired of hating my body and being too embarrased to take my shirt off. I want to lose fat and hopefully add muscle.

Short term aim would be to lose fat (belly in particular) for my vacation in July. Therefore I would rather cut first and I would be too scared to bulk my BF% (around 25%)

My Long term aim to get ripped and add muscle.

I typically eat around 1800 calories but my macross wouldn't be perfect.
    By that I mean that I eat around 140g of Protein a day but don't count carbs or FAT.

In the gym, I follow Strongman 5X5 and hit the gym 3 times a week
    - Squat 70KG
    -Bench 55KG
    - Overhead press 45KG
    - Deadlift 70KG
    - Barbell Row 50KG

Please let me know if I left anything out

Any advice would be appreciated? On diet, workout or what I need to do to reach my goals in general !?

Stats: 5'5", 191 lbs
    PhilNZ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PhilNZ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PhilNZ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PhilNZ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PhilNZ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PhilNZ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PhilNZ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PhilNZ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PhilNZ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PhilNZ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PhilNZ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Visit PhilNZ's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by yesbuddie View Post

After an over load of Alcohol and Fast food over the Christmas, I've decided Sick and tired of hating my body and being too embarrased to take my shirt off. I want to lose fat and hopefully add muscle.

Short term aim would be to lose fat (belly in particular) for my vacation in July. Therefore I would rather cut first and I would be too scared to bulk my BF% (around 25%)

By that I mean that I eat around 140g of Protein a day but don't count carbs or FAT.

- Squat 70KG
    -Bench 55KG
    - Overhead press 45KG
    - Deadlift 70KG
    - Barbell Row 50KG

Any advice would be appreciated? On diet, workout or what I need to do to reach my goals in general !?

Your goal is to get lean to give yourself room for a bulk because you expect future fat gain. You're on the right track.

First of all, the process of losing fat happens when you're deficient of calories and fat loss occurs all over the body. There is no way we can choose which spot to lose fat from, but what you can do is gain more muscle mass in that specific area which would give it become more apparent in general.

Preventing plateaus and keeping consistent weight loss:
    When you are in a long-term deficit of calories or/and you do a harsh deficit for a while, you'll most likely damage your metabolism (although any deficit will do this to a much smaller degree). This is a very important point because your metabolic rate determines your average maintenance calories and is what you rely on to manage calories, either to lose or gain weight (plateaus/set backs).
    In order to prevent metabolic damage you have to becareful with your cutting phase, take at least one refeed ever 2 weeks and more as you get leaner (sub 12%, but usually depends on you and how you feel and your fat loss progression).

I plateau'd for months and months at around 12% bodyfat, it was not until I started applying refeeds that I started consistently losing weight again. I also re-evaluated myself and my weight loss patterns; fat loss is more consistent for me if I have high calorie days (but not as high as refeeds) and a bunch of low calorie days, so it's helpful to count fats, carbs as well as protein to give yourself room for optimal-individual adjustment.

What a refeed is:
    A day where you take in calories that is at maintenance or above, prioritizing carbohydrates and lowering fats and protein. Carbs have more of an effect of raising metabolic rate, leptin levels (Josef, I don't have a heap of information about carbs being more beneficial. Correct me if I'm wrong) so it'd help more to prevent metabolic damage.

I'm sure posting fat loss advice on here would relate to a lot more people than just making my own thread, lol, thanks Josef.
    DeadL - 475lbs
    Squat - 420lbs
    Bench - 285lbs

"..here is the goal, and WHATEVER it takes to get there - I will do." - Arnold Schwarzenegger (2:05, Arnold Schwarzenegger's Amazing Motivational Story)

JosefRakichFitness.com JOSEF RAKICH's Avatar
    Stats: 5'10", 180 lbs
    JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit JOSEF RAKICH's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by BostonRockets View Post
    Josef I am strongly mirin your body (no homo). Your body would be my ideal but I am 5'7 so that's maybe 165/170 for me?

This was me at 155. I am 152-153 now so I lost 2lbs of fat since (every bit counds lulz). I am back in the gym after 2 years and have been making strength gains while eating at a deficit. I want to get down to 145 (srs) and then just slowly gain lean mass forever. But I do value your advice more than my own. What do you think I should do? My rationale was because of muscle memory I may be able to gain strength and muscle while losing fat so I wanted to take advantage and keep losing weight. I don't want to do bulk/cutting cycles as I have a hard time losing fat but easy time gaining fat.

Thanks!

What is your final goal? What is your goal physique? You could bulk or cut at the stage you are currently at right now. It all comes down to your own personal preference.

Originally Posted by Hawkhamilton View Post
    I do resistance/weights 4 times a week for 60-90 mins (mostly super sets), and for the last couple of months have added 10 mins of HIIT to the end of each workout. Been doing IF from 9:30pm to 1:00pm 6-7 days a week for Six months, too. Results? Dropped two points in BF (10-8%), and lots of great feedback about looking better, but still not cut in my abs. Started working my abs harder, but I'm thinking this is more about eating. Should I cut cals (haven't done big deficits on a daily basis since advice has been that will eat more muscle than fat)? What new tack should I take or should I just expect a sow climb to my six pack goal over the next six months if I stick with my exercise routine and IF?
    Yes you need to lower body fat even more so that the abs become more visible. Yes either cut calories or increase cardio for a greater calorie burn.

Originally Posted by Ro11Tide View Post
    hey man just a couple questions.

i weigh 168 pounds and am bulking at about 3,700 calories a day. Is 120g fat too many? im getting in around 200g protein and the rest carbs thanks.

Also, the day i start cutting, how many calories should i eat? 3,600? 3,500? Also how do you drop calories throughout a cut, like weekly drop 100 or what. Thanks alot!
    120g fat is fine as long as its within your overall calorie requirements and meeting your other macro requirements. (which you are)Go to maintenance for 1 week then a 500 calorie deficit is fine. No need to drag it out too long.

Originally Posted by caseyjohnson View Post
    Hey Josef I have a few questions that I would like to hear what you have to say about them!

1) I am probably considered a beginner weightlifter as I cannot bench 1.5x my bodyweight. My max is probably around 180 lbs and I am currently cutting weight to 10% bf (borderlining 15% atm). What do you think of all pro's work out regime for beginners?

2) I know this is a bodybuilding site, but when your cutting weight, everyone says do the compound exercises to retain muscle and not lose LBM. Well I am a Kung Fu Martial Artist and gaining strength is very important and beneficial from the compound exercises, but there are so many different body weight exercises we do that exercises our muscle groups... What is your view on or could you explain the science behind retaining muscle? Could I do bodyweight exercises along with the compound lifts and would that help any in regards to retaining LBM?
    1) Got a link to the program, I just recommend going straight into a 3-4-5 day split, hitting each muscle group hard once per week. Do this and follow a good diet and you will get good growth.

2) Diet has more to do with retaining muscle than doing compound exercises lol, to be honest you don't HAVE to do any compounds at all and you can still maintain muscle.. However compounds are good yes so include them where you can.

Originally Posted by zoghdani View Post
    Hey Josef, Mirin’ your work man. Can’t wait for your JRF TV channel on YouTube, You’ll definitely going to make a huge hit in fitness community.

Just want you to give me an advice on my diet and workout plan. And what should I do next.
    First of all lemme tell you that I was on a severe caloric deficit for the last 3 months as for lacking of knowledge. And went down from 84kg > 63kg.

Just started recovering as I think I might have a metabolic damage and now am upping my cals every week just to reach my maintenance.
    Still have the last bit of fat. But I’m like 10% BF with a decent muscle mass. Would you suggest that I keep cutting or start lean bulking?

Weight: 63KG | Height: 174CM | Age: 17 Years Old
    Daily intake: 1900 calories “Increasing every week”.
    Protein: 176g | Fat: 63g | Carbs: 165g

Workout Routine: Chest/Triceps – Back/Biceps – Shoulders/Abs – Quads/Calves – Repeat
    6 x Week On/ 1x Off
    Thanks! Looking forward to it also! COMING 4th of MARCH!

Have you watched Layne's video on metabolic damage yet? Very useful to watch with a lot of good information. Are yu including re-feeds into your cutting diet? I need to know more info. If you think you have metabolic damage then they best thing would be to start bulking (slowly)

Originally Posted by Spalding13 View Post
    How many times a week should i train abs,and with how many sets and reps ?
    I have 1.5 years experiance,and im currently on a cut(just puting out if that would help.)
    Thanks!
    Depends on many factors such as volume and intensity.. Personally I train my abs at high volume 1-2 x per week with high intensity.. I find this is the best way to achieve muscle hypertrophy in the abdominals.

Originally Posted by danieljo View Post
    What is the best way to get rid of the fats on my tummy?
    Calorie deficit diet + cardio.

If you want a perfectly structured meal plan and training program from me to help you get ripped up just visit my website www.JosefRakichFitness.com
    ✔ ISSA Certified Personal Trainer, Fitness Model & Sponsored Athlete!

✔ Personalized Meal Plans & Workout Programs for Males & Females! (PM me for details)

✔ 12 WEEK TRANSFORMATION PROGRAM NOW AVAILABLE! (PM me for details)

✔ Follow me on FaceBook (Search: Josef Rakich Fitness)

✔ Follow me on Instagram (@JosefRakich)

✔ Subscribe to my Youtube Channel for Workout Vids (Search: Josef Rakich)

JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Originally Posted by SAMSET View Post
    I have a couple questions and ill try not to let it get to lengthy

I have been in and out of the gym for years and my weight has gone up and down with it.
    currently i had to cancel on the gym because full time work,part time school and baby on the way are tearing into my schedule.
    I am probably in the worst shape i have ever been in, about 330lbs 6'1 probably 45%BF. im not looking for a 6 pack but i need to fix this. i would normally just hit the gym hard like i have done, but like i said...

I have a pretty decent set up in my basement. Olympic bench with 350lbs, easy curl bar that uses the same plates. dumbbells that also use those plates but that kind of sucks. also a little area with some of that gym floor stuff you clip together. I am 6'1 and the basement is only 6'6 so jumping type exercises are pretty much out. for my cardio i thought i would go up and down my basement stair case.

So what im looking for, i think for right now anyways i can squeeze in about an hours workout in the morning before work(5am-6am) but i cannot figure out whats my best bang for the buck so to speak. should i just get in there and lift heavy for the time that i have and get cardio in when i have time? should i just do cardio for an hour and get in weight training when i have time? or should i do like a half hour of each?

my diet while im training is almost always on point it is when i fall off the wagon that it goes to ****. as of right now as soon as i get all of this xmas crap out of my house i should be good on diet.

like i said, not looking for a six pack by summer or 15%BF just really wanting to get back down to just a chubby guy not super fat. i love weight training and feel like hitting the bench is the way to go but maybe im wrong and walking up and down those stairs is more important...

thanks for the help, and let me know if this is to much and maybe i should start a new thread.

sam
    You need to structure your training a lot better, don't just do it when "you have time" because that time never happens.. You have to make a time and say ok I am going to do then. Other wise after a week you will be all over the place and would have missed days here and there.

Do cardio and weights, split them up however you want just try not to do the cardio right before the weights and you will be fine. Also diet is going to be a big factor here for you.

✔ Personalized Meal Plans & Workout Programs for Males & Females! (PM me for details)

Originally Posted by ILoveTrance View Post
    So im planning on start my cut soon. I am 5"11 220 lbs 18/20% bf. Will use ec, protein, aminoacids, green tea extract. My diet plan is all right. My question is. How long you would personaly stick with ec stack, I was planning on cut 4 months. Would you use creatine while cutting? Should I go with ec or eca? and what dosage do you recommend?
    The EC stack is a term used to represent ephedrine and caffeine used as a fat loss stack. Ephedrine is a compound that occurs naturally in the Ephedra plant and is used in certain prescription and over-the-counter medications. Because of its stimulating effect, ephedrine has been a frequent subject of weight loss. Ephedrine helps burn fat by speeding metabolism and suppressing appetite, resulting in more efficient use of calories and a reduced caloric intake. It is suggested to avoid the EC stack if you are under 18 of age.

Recommended dose:

Day 1: This day you would just take 1 dose to test whether you are sensitive to ephedrine. Consume 200mg of caffeine and 8mg of ephedrine just once and note any effects.

Day 2-3: 3 doses of 8mg ephedrine and 100mg of caffeine with a minimum of 4 hours apart. Do not use within 6 hours of bedtime because you won't sleep!

Day 4-7: 24mg Ephedrine, 100mg of caffeine – 8mg of ephedrine, 100mg of caffeine – 8mg of ephedrine, 100mg of caffeine

Day 8-14: 24 mg eph + 200mg of caffeine – 24mg eph + 200mg of caffeine – 16mg eph + 100mg caffeine

Day 15+: 24mg of eph and 200mg of caffeine three times per day

As for the creatine should you use creatine when cutting? Yes!

Anything that helps build muscle or strength will help maintain it during a cut. Creatine is a natural compound made in the body and is derived from the diet through meat products. In the body, creatine is changed into a molecule called phosphocreatine which serves as a storage reservoir for regenerating ATP. ATP is the chemical source of energy for muscle contraction and quick energy. Phosphocreatine is an important source of ATP energy in muscle tissue and there is many studies that can prove that creatine can increase the performance in athletes in activities that require quick bursts of energy. (sprinting and weight lifting). Creatine supplementation combined with lifting weights will result in improvements in muscle hypertrophy (increase in muscle size) and strength through cell volumization and increased protein synthesis.

Creatine will not cause water retention if you are on maintenance*dose. (3-5g) Creatine holds water intracellular, not extracellular. However it may cause slight bloating, but it wont cause extracellular water retention.

Its a common bodybuilding myth used by the bro's as an excues as to why they are still holding a bit of fat "Oh its the water retention from creatine"

I always use creatine when i'm cutting.

Originally Posted by BreadAss View Post
    i am currently 62kg 1.75m with 11%bf but i have a problem, my abs are not that visible.
    I believe that a layer of fats is covering my abs so been eating clean and doing abs exercise but it doesnt seems to work for me.
    i have a question, is there a limit of sodium to intake because most of my diet consist of sodium, protein shake , cereal with milk.
    Is there a limit yes and no.. You just have to make sure you balance it out with potassium intake. Sodium is very important in the diet and especially for bodybuilders/weight lifters. JUst try base your diet mostly around high potassium foods:

- Almonds
    - Dried apricots
    - Bananas
    - Broccoli
    - Spinach
    - Mushrooms
    - Tomatos

Just to name a few off the top of my head.

But don't try limit sodium intake too much like a lot of bodybuilders... Sodium is an electrolyte that plays a vital role in the regulation of body fluids. The level of sodium in the body determines the amount of water the body will 'hold', and high intakes can cause body tissues to swell. (It is not uncommon to look like 'Quasibloato' and be up to two pounds heavier the morning after scarfing down a Big Mac and large fries.) Although a normal diet usually contains a reasonable amount of sodium, be careful not to limit sodium intake too much at contest time to get an ultra shredded look. An excessively low sodium intake turns on protective mechanisms within the body that cause sodium and water retention. Finally, keep in mind that sodium plays a major role in resistance training; its function in nerve impulse transmission and muscular contraction is critical to bodybuilders. Dietary sodium isn't all that bad, it's having the right amount that's important.

Originally Posted by CS123 View Post
    I'm currently making a plan to cut. I use Burn the fat feed the muscle program by Tom Venuto. Im working on macros now. My plan is to cut with a deficit of 500 kcal a day. 50% carbs 30% protein 20% fat . I know Im on a moderate carb diet. So Tom says: ''Regardless of what you name it, carbohydrate cycling is probably the most powerful fat burning strategy on the planet.'' But I'm doing 50% carb wich is moderate carb-diet and not a low carb-diet. I would have a TDEE of 2900 and 2400 kcal with 500 deficit. So it would be 300 grams of carbs 180 grams of protein and 53 grams of fat.
    I have couple of questions wich I hope you would like to anwser:
    -Should I get decent results at a medium carb diet (ofcourse with right workout and numbers etc.)?
    -Should I use carb-cycling on a medium carb diet where I would go from medium to high carb for 1 day after 3 medium days?
    -Should I keep a nutrition program 7 days a week with 500 kcal deficit and 50-30-20 ratios?
    -Im planning on cutting 6 months with a 500 kcal deficit and medium carb diet is this harmfull?
    Calorie deficit is the most powerful fat burning strategy lol.

Fat intake seems too low you should aim for at least 0.4g fat per pound of LBW at least, fat is good and essential for the human body/brain/hormone regulation..

Originally Posted by daw0731 View Post
    After a few years of being a fatty, I have finally come to the conclusion that I need to kick my ass back in gear. I have lost 60 pounds over the last 6 months by running, lifting a little, and watching my diet. I do not have a regular diet plan, but I have recently started a regular workout routine. I have hit a road block with losing the fat around my lower stomach. With research I have learned that I cannot target this area, and that when I burn fat, I will burn it from my body, not a specific place that I decide/focus. I was wondering if you could help me tweak my workout plan, and assist me with a good diet that will help me lose the fat, and add a few pounds of lean muscle mass? I have no desire to be the world's strongest man, but I do want to be able to go the the beach and feel confident when I take off my shirt. Thank you!

Workout Routine:
    Monday - Short Run: 3 to 5 miles
    Tuesday - Weight Training
    Wednesday - Short Run: 3 to 5 miles
    Thursday - Weight Training
    Friday - Light Cardio (really short run) stretching with resistance
    Saturday - Long Run: More than 6 miles
    Sunday - Rest

Thanks again!
    Good stuff!

Define: "weight training"

You need to workout a proper split here, what muscle groups are you training on which days etc?

Originally Posted by cterrazas View Post
    Ok revised question. Thoughts on sugar consumption?
    Its fine. As long as it fits your daily calorie requirements and within your macro targets. Sugars=carbs.

Originally Posted by Vaylor View Post
    Go for it. As long as you hit your macros then it is fine.
    This.

Originally Posted by rashodm View Post
    hey josef, my name is rashod and my question for you is this. im currently at 264.1 with thirty percent body fat. my goal is to be down to about 215- to the 210 area my march or mid april. i know i can accomplish this i just need to know what i need to be eating. all this diet stuff ive tried with no good result. if at all possible if you could build me a diet it would be greatly appreciated. but make sure it involves no suplements. hit me up private message

thanks
    Yes I can build you the perfect diet to reach your goals! Just visit my website.. www.JosefRakichFitness.com

Originally Posted by Vaylor View Post
    The timing of when you consume your whey protein is mostly irrelevant. Losing body fat is about having a Calorific deficit and hitting your Macros.
    Correct.

Originally Posted by moobear View Post
    Hey Joseph,

I'm currently trying to reduce my belly fat. I have an asymmetric amount of fat on my belly as compared to the rest of my body (most likely because I never seriously trained abs over the years). I was wondering if you have any advice on how to target the abs specifically and burn the fat in that area more efficiently/faster. A few more specific questions:

1. I heard that wrapping an area with plastic wrap would help with fat burning. The person that told me pointed to the fact that some boxers do it when they want to cut weight. Does that really work?

2. Also, any fat burning supplement that you would recommend?

Thanks
    You cannot spot reduce fat as such, just lose overall body fat and you will lose fat from your stomach also..

1) No lol thats just silly and ridiculous..

2) The EC stack.

Originally Posted by Kirkley View Post
    For when you get back. I want to start carb cycling because my stomach fat is extremely stubborn (probably because I have had a child). I currently workout 2 times a day- 6 days a week <3-weights 9-cardio, hour each> and once a day on sunday <cardio>. All this and still a pooch. I can not work out anymore than this so my diet must change. Anyhow, how would you reccomend starting to carb cycle? If my weights days are tues, thurs, and sat and I really need the energy then. I suppose I could do lower intensity cardio on some days (I usually cycle, do treadmill intervals, advanced step, or dance).

TIA!!
    Calorie deficit = fat loss. Stay consistent and train hard and you will get the results you want.

Originally Posted by supermannnnn92 View Post
    Hey josef,
    I was just wondering, how do you bulk up and stay shredded? Do you increase your intake just by 100-300? or do you bulk and never go over a certain %? thanks!!
    Calorie controll, I only consume a slight calorie surplus when bulking.. 300 or so calories over maintenance. I like to remain lean year around.

Originally Posted by hidan25 View Post
    Hey joseph
    Im 185 lbs around 18-20 percent body fat
    Can you give me a good macro split for a cut????
    185 g Protein
    100 g Carbs
    85 g fat

sound good?
    I can tell you how to work it out for yourself as this may be more beneficial for you.

185 - 20% BF = your LBW

LBW x 1 = your protein intake

LBW x 0.4 = your fat intake

Then fill the remaining calorie sup with carbohydrates. protein and fat intake can be higher than the recommended. It will just result in less carbs.

Originally Posted by PhilNZ View Post
    Hey Josef, could you explain to me how someone could utilize having a larger intake which causes an increase of expenditure to lose weight?

If that's not clear enough.. refeeds, reverse dieting, metabolic increase, energy balance, it is all about intake vs expenditure, but the concept isn't as simple as it sounds because intake does have an effect expenditure due to your body using energy to function, more energy taken in = more energy will be used.
    So, I'm basically asking how someone could increase their intake of calories for a short period to increase expenditure which results in weight loss ie a refeed day.

Source of info: http://www.3dmusclejourney.com/2011-05qa.php Case Study A
    Correct.

Re-feed days work awesome for this, I'm currently having a week off the gym and I'm not going to be consuming a calorie deficit, I'm consuming a surplus and consuming a lot of carbs (basically a 7 day re-feed).. This is like a break for my cut, sure it may set me back a bit but the benefits will be a lot greater after this week off + high amount of calories consumed. When I start cutting again my body is going to be a fat burning furnace.

Originally Posted by Rantonch View Post
    I have a mid section I'm trying to lose. I'm 6' tall 160lbs. I did a maintenance calorie calculator and suggests 2,046 calories a day for fat loss. Do I need to focus more on cutting carbs and fat? Should my protein still be around 160lbs? Or does even matter as long as I'm under 2,046? My diet is pretty much healthy. It's the alcohol on the weekends that gets me. I'm trying to psych myself to cut that out as well.

Also, is it possible to build muscle while cutting fat?

Thanks and happy new year!
    First off those calculators are just "estimates" there are not 100% accurate.. However it does give you a good guideline to work with and adjust from there. Protein should be around there yes. Fat should be 0.4g+ per pound of LBW and as long as calories are under your TDEE you will lose fat.

As for the alcohol.. it all comes down to will power.

Originally Posted by ihatemybelly View Post
    Hello, first of all I have to say I admire you!
    Now my question , well I have this belly fat problem,main problem is lower belly but the top one is not ok either.
    I saw you said that keto diet suck,well what diet should I follow if I want to get rid of that belly fat?I'm also starting doing cardio 5 days a week + 1 day cardio recovery.I need a six-pack by August 2013 , I have everything ready just the diet not,please help.
    Thanks!

Well they don't suck, they are just not needed or beneficial in anyway compared to another diet containing carbs if calories are equal. Sure you will still get results on keto, but you could get the same results if you had carbs in your diet (presuming calories are equal in both scenarios)

A calorie deficit diet is what you need bro! If you want a perfectly structured meal plan from me just check out my website.. www.JosefRakichFitness.com

Originally Posted by phoenixr2 View Post
    Just saying......
    Haha people obviously don't read..

Originally Posted by Enriquefranco View Post
    Here is my situation I started kris gethin 12 week routine after 7 weeks now I've dropped 29 pounds already (from 191 to 162) but unfortunately I've been having lack of energy, my diet goes like this
    Meal 1- carbs 35 protein 37
    Post workout carbs 38 protein 46
    Meal 2 carbs 30 protein 37
    Meal 3 carbs 32 protein 35
    Meal 4 carbs 12 protein 40
    Meal 5 carbs 12 protein 40
    Meal 6 carbs 6 protein 44
    I have around 20g fat a day and the last 3 meals contain veggies as a carb source anyway I could fix the diet so I get a lil more energy but still lose weight?
    Only 20g of fat per day!? Wow you defiantly need to redo your diet! 20g of fat is stupid. Fat is very important for the human body. Fat intake needs to be increased for sure.

Originally Posted by ELLSKIES View Post
    I'd say to add about 50 grams of fat at least to the 20 you're already eating. (20 grams of fat is a disaster for anyone, let alone someone who weighs 162 lbs). (Oh yeah, and obviously, I'm not Josef, but I think he'd agree. He's on vacation 'til after the new year. I'm his secretary, LOL )
    Agreed.

Originally Posted by caseyjohnson View Post
    Hey josef I have a question. Ever since I started to dial in my diet and staying to workout to transform my body, I've got interested in learning about nutrition. Im currently at a bible college and thinking of transferring to a state college to go into nutrition to eventually help people dial into their nutrition and help them live a healthy lifestyle. I also want to get into personal training as a side job eventually one I have gotten closer to my goal physique. In still on my first long cut starting at 220 lbs and im at around 15 to 16 percent bf at 170 lbs. Im no where near my goal but I want to stay at 10 percent bf or lean for many life while I pack on muscle. What would you suggest what fields to go into our how to achieve a career into the health and fitness industry?
    Study to become a personal trainer then start off working in a gym it will all grow from there.

Originally Posted by JGAesthetics View Post
    Hi Josef,

I am 14 years old and 5'ft 9'.

I need help on lots of things like supplements for my age, a diet plan etc. I just need help on them.
    Please will you give some good supplement ideas for my age please and i really need a diet plan.
    I'm currently trying to reduce my belly fat so i can my six pack; need to lose more weight.
    I was wondering if you have any advice on how to target the abs specifically and burn the fat in that area more efficiently/faster.
    Also, any fat burning supplement that you would recommend for my age?

Monday - Legs & Back
    Tuesday - Cardio
    Wednesday - Chest & Shoulders
    Thursday - Cardio
    Friday - Biceps & Triceps
    Saturday - Cardio
    Sunday - Alternates Wednesday, Friday, Monday + Cardio
    Diet is the most important factor always, supplements come second.

If you want to lose weight you met be in a calorie deficit. The best way to do so is work out a perfectly structured meal plan to suit you and your goals. Stick to it and stay consistent. As for the supplements just stick to the basics for now.. protein powder, multi-vitamin, fish oil, creatine.

Split looks fine.

Originally Posted by forbidden9 View Post
    What's the best exercise you recommend for obliques?
    I have many favorites:

- Decline twisting sit ups
    - Hanging wipers
    - Dumbbell side bends
    - Twists on the Romanian chair
    - Cable oblique crunches
    - Hanging oblique crunch

Originally Posted by stephenlatsha View Post
    Im160 lbs 5 foot 8 inches and I say about 12% bf. Ive been using the no carb diet I eat 70% protein and 30% fat (good fat). I do insanity 3 days a week and lift 3 with Sunday being an off day. Every 2 weeks tho I eat all I want for 2 days (I heard this will boost ur metabolism).I am just wondering how long u think it would take me till I finally start seeing my lower abbs
    So your on a keto diet ok..

Yes a re-feed/increase in calories can help boost your metabolism.. it is like taking 1 step back but 2 steps forward.

The time frame it will take to see your lower abs depends on many factors.

Originally Posted by tony774 View Post
    Trying to determine how to lose bodyfat and still gain muscle, Want to go from 28% to 15%.
    You cannot gain muscle and lose fat at the same time.. In order to lose fat you must be in a calorie deficit.. In order to gain muscle you must be in a calorie surplus..

Originally Posted by cterrazas View Post
    Josef i know your not answering until after holiday but thought id post it for when you review. Im cutting right now and in a calorie deficit. My question is what is better high reps or low reps for getting shredded? Ive lifted low reps heavy weight forever and was just wondering if you have any advice? Happy New Year btw!
    Rep range is irrelevant, just lift weights as you would when bulking.. Getting shredded is all down to your diet/cardio.

Happy New year to you also, hope you had a good one!

Stats: 5'5", 191 lbs
    PhilNZ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PhilNZ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PhilNZ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PhilNZ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PhilNZ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PhilNZ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PhilNZ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PhilNZ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PhilNZ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PhilNZ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PhilNZ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Visit PhilNZ's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by JOSEF RAKICH View Post

Correct.

Re-feed days work awesome for this, I'm currently having a week off the gym and I'm not going to be consuming a calorie deficit, I'm consuming a surplus and consuming a lot of carbs (basically a 7 day re-feed).. This is like a break for my cut, sure it may set me back a bit but the benefits will be a lot greater after this week off + high amount of calories consumed. When I start cutting again my body is going to be a fat burning furnace.

As for the alcohol.. it all comes down to will power.
    Thanks again bro
    DeadL - 475lbs
    Squat - 420lbs
    Bench - 285lbs

"..here is the goal, and WHATEVER it takes to get there - I will do." - Arnold Schwarzenegger (2:05, Arnold Schwarzenegger's Amazing Motivational Story)

Originally Posted by MWallTM View Post
    Not a short question - I was going to create a new thread but saw this.

I am a 24 year old male, 6'2, 230 pounds. I have always been slightly big but recently let myself go over the past year and a half(got a good job in a call center, became lazy.).

A friend of mine had pretty good success with Herbalife(Meal replacement), lost about 80 pounds. On another friend's recommendation, I purchased a 5LB bag of Muscletech 100% Premium Whey Protein +. I have started replacing breakfast/lunch with a shake. My issue is I am completely new to all of this and do not know where to begin in regards to what to eat, when to eat, etc. My schedule is as follows:

3:00PM - Shake(1 Scoop as directed, Milk, Ice, Blend)
    5:00PM - Snack - Usually a bowl of cereal and yogurt(Activia)
    7:00PM - Another shake
    9:00PM - Another Snack - Usually the same thing minus yogurt
    11:00PM - Meal - This has usually consisted of rice and some sort of turkey or chicken cooked on a George Forman grill.

I get off work at 2:00AM and sleep shortly after, repeat the next day. As I said, I'm not sure what is good to eat and what will help. I have been doing this for a week now(Although I didn't do too well over the weekend due to being broke and having no groceries)

The reasoning for this diet is due to my asthma. I quit smoking on January 22nd of this year which was my first step towards getting healthy. While I do have a decent job, I am unable to afford Health insurance which in turn prevents me from obtaining proper medication to suppress my asthma. Since quitting smoking, my asthma has gotten much worse, to the point of having an attack when walking up stairs. I am wanting to lose some weight and then attempt to slowly work my way into cardio and weightlifting.

There is my explanation. My question - Will something like this work? Compared to what I used to eat, this is a drastic decrease in caloric intake and I am hoping to see some results.

Any resources as to what would be good to eat/snack would be greatly appreciated, along with any sort of cardio or workout I could do now that wouldn't be too irritating to my asthma but still beneficial.

Thanks!
    -Matt
    1) Not a fan at all of meal replacements or liquid diets.

2) Forget all that meal replacements you need to sort out and follow a good diet/meal plan. Diet is everything.. If you need help creating a meal plan I can help you not a problem.

3) A calorie reduction is way you want yes, just don't go too excessive with it.

There are no particular foods you should.should not eat.. Its all about your overall diet and the total macros and calories, how much protein carbs fats you are consuming etc..

Originally Posted by Wantaripbod View Post
    Calorie defitic diet + cardio while keeping protein intake high and keeping the intensity in the weights room.

- Squat 70KG
    -Bench 55KG
    - Overhead press 45KG
    - Deadlift 70KG
    - Barbell Row 50KG

So if you get 140g protein per day and you don't count your carb and fat intake then how do you know that you are consuming 1800 calories??

Stats: 5'10", 156 lbs
    jhadkins10 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jhadkins10 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jhadkins10 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jhadkins10 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jhadkins10 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jhadkins10 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jhadkins10 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jhadkins10 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jhadkins10 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jhadkins10 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jhadkins10 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Visit jhadkins10's BodySpace
    Kinda random question but what happens if you throw up. Like recently I had a protein shake then 45 mins later throw up. Would you not count that protein shake for the day??

Originally Posted by jhadkins10 View Post
    Kinda random question but what happens if you throw up. Like recently I had a protein shake then 45 mins later throw up. Would you not count that protein shake for the day??
    Well if the protein shake came up then no you did not get those calories.. (you may have got some, depends..) but whatever you threw up you obviously would not have consumed/digested. So no you would not count that.

Stats: 228 lbs
    MWallTM is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit MWallTM's BodySpace
    I would love some help putting together a meal plan for my schedule. I love all food, so anything works. Shoot me a PM!

Stats: 6'0", 218 lbs
    BodyPoints: 9511
    phoenixr2 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) phoenixr2 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) phoenixr2 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) phoenixr2 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) phoenixr2 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) phoenixr2 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) phoenixr2 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) phoenixr2 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) phoenixr2 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) phoenixr2 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) phoenixr2 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit phoenixr2's BodySpace
    I would love some help putting together a meal plan for my schedule. I love all food, so anything works. Shoot me a PM!
    " For personalized Meal Plans, Workout Programs & Extreme Ab Workouts visit my website: www.JosefRakichFitness.com"

From his sig. Josef is a nice guy but he does run a business. If you want something personally set up for you and laid out simple, Going to have to most likely pay for that time.
    “As you think, so shall you become.”

Stats: 6'2", 185 lbs
    Llamarama2K is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Llamarama2K is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Llamarama2K is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Llamarama2K is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Llamarama2K is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Llamarama2K is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Llamarama2K is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Llamarama2K is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Llamarama2K is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Llamarama2K is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Llamarama2K is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Visit Llamarama2K's BodySpace
    Got a macro question. Saw somewhere in this thread you post that while cutting, should eat 1.5g protein per lb of bodyweight, and .45g of fat per lb, and the rest in carbs. I just did my IIFYM and to cut, it says that after the 500 calorie deficit, I should be eating ~1800-1900 cals a day. But at my current weight of 185lbs, and the 1.5g and .45g, I basically have 0 calories left for carbs. Am I doing the math wrong?

Stats: 5'4", 149 lbs
    kamiz has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) kamiz has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) kamiz has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) kamiz has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) kamiz has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) kamiz has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) kamiz has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) kamiz has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) kamiz has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) kamiz has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) kamiz has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit kamiz's BodySpace
    Hi Josef!

Been a long time follower of your logs and this thread, thanks for taking the time to answer all our questions man!
    My Q: In your opinion, should I continue cutting or switch to a lean bulk? If I were to switch how would I transition my calories from the current deficit into a surplus? How big should my surplus be?

Info: 5"4, 150lbs at the moment. Started lifting on SS beginning of 2012, caloric surplus (didn't measure, just eat) for 6 months and went from 160->180lbs and have been on a calorie deficit (at a straight 2000 cal/day) for 5 months now, no cardio. I want to keep going until I see abs but I am slightly afraid I have lost way too much muscle mass by having an aggressive deficit. Should I keep going until I reach 10% and see abs? I think I see the top two emerging so I just want to keep going until I see them clearly.
    Last edited by kamiz; 01-01-2013 at 09:44 PM.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159322431
    ^^Please check out and subscribe to my lifting/nutrition log on bb.com ^^
    **Winter Cutters Crew** La Ilahe Illallah!

yesbuddie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yesbuddie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yesbuddie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yesbuddie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yesbuddie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yesbuddie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yesbuddie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yesbuddie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yesbuddie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yesbuddie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yesbuddie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    1)

So if you get 140g protein per day and you don't count your carb and fat intake then how do you know that you are consuming 1800 calories??
    Thanks for the reply man.

When I say I don't count them, I mean that I don't consciously think to myself that I should be getting X amount of fat/carbs, compared to knowing I should be having 140g or more of protein.

Any advice on my diet? I was planning on going on a 1600 calorie diet?

Also, I'm doing strongman 5x5 at the moment. Hope that's OK?

My thinking was to try and lose 20lbs of fat and re-evaluate my situation then e.g. probably bulk at that point?

Stats: 5'8", 195 lbs
    stephenlatsha has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stephenlatsha has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stephenlatsha has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stephenlatsha has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stephenlatsha has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stephenlatsha has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stephenlatsha has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stephenlatsha has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stephenlatsha has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stephenlatsha has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stephenlatsha has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit stephenlatsha's BodySpace

fat loss diet

Is keto diet good with refeed or is there a better diet for loosing fat...thanks for the help! Ps.. how long did it take you to get ripped and huge

Stats: 5'10", 289 lbs
    MaskedFitness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MaskedFitness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MaskedFitness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MaskedFitness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MaskedFitness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MaskedFitness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MaskedFitness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MaskedFitness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MaskedFitness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MaskedFitness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MaskedFitness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Visit MaskedFitness's BodySpace
    5'10 290lb brah here. Following an 1800 cal diet. Which routine coupled with boxing and elliptical cardio would help me to develop a more aesthetic/athletic physique faster? A 5x5 done 2-3x a week or a 3-4 day a week split?
    http://www.youtube.com/MaskedFitness <----my journey from fat to fit.
    http://www.twitter.com/MaskedFitness

Machinez is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Machinez View Post
    here is the pic

Hit each main muscle group once per week at high volume, I'm a big fan of high volume low frequency training. You cannot go wrong!

Post up a pic and I will advise you on what to do first.
    Hey Bro

Im 5'5
    148Lbs.. having a hard time decreasing my weight ..my belly fat isn't shredding off the way how i want it to.

I have good amount of muscle since ive been working out for a while now but it has been on and off for me due to medical school. I usually just work my biceps/triceps one day and then shoulders/chest the next.. in between ill do here and there leg exercises. How should i breakdown the exercise routine?

I want to get big, but not HUGE!.. at the same time, i want to shred the belly fat and some fat on my face..Do i loose weight first or do heavy lifting which'll eventually kill the extra fat? How should i go about it ..?

Much Appreciated!!
    Could you please answer this bro, thanks!

Stats: 6'0", 176 lbs
    rhernandezt is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit rhernandezt's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by rhernandezt View Post
    Hey josef, first of all I need to tell you how thankful I am to you , thanks to you now I Plan, I count every single calorie I eat and I have been losing fat successfully following your instructions..
    so here are my questions for today
    1) I have been cutting for 20 days and I had lost 4 kg but today I went out and I couldn't resist, I ate more calories that I was supossed to, I need to eat 2100 calories per day to lose fat and I ate 3100 today , I just got home and weighed myself and I gained 1 kg , is that so fast that once you eat more calories the fat appears instantly? or the body constantly changes throughout the day because of water/food etc? is this too bad for me? I mean Will I lose the effort of those 20 days cutting ? or will this have something positive like speed up the metabolism or something like that?
    2) So according to you whats more important for body composition are calories.. so If you want to gain muscle/ lose fat you need a certain number of calories, following this which supplement would you preffer to build muscle mass, protein or a weight gainer? what are the pros and cons of these two supps?
    Josef you didn't answer my question , and btw I have another question, weighing food to count the calories, should I weigh it raw or cooked? for example for eggs I get different calories if I type '' 100 gr egg'' to "100 gr scrambled egg" in this web wolframalpha.com

If you want a perfectly structured meal plan that gets results just visit my website: www.JosefRakichFitness.com

Check out some of my clients transformations so far after following my meal plans and workout programs!

http://www.josefrakichfitness.com/pages/testimonials

Originally Posted by phoenixr2 View Post
    " For personalized Meal Plans, Workout Programs & Extreme Ab Workouts visit my website:

From his sig. Josef is a nice guy but he does run a business. If you want something personally set up for you and laid out simple, Going to have to most likely pay for that time.
    Correct! I can only help so much for free!

If someone wants me to create them a diet with everything included, the foods to eat how much to eat (according to there body stats, daily activity levels and goals) then I can create the perfect plans and programs for you.. However this does take time so I do charge for this service.

Originally Posted by Llamarama2K View Post
    Got a macro question. Saw somewhere in this thread you post that while cutting, should eat 1.5g protein per lb of bodyweight, and .45g of fat per lb, and the rest in carbs. I just did my IIFYM and to cut, it says that after the 500 calorie deficit, I should be eating ~1800-1900 cals a day. But at my current weight of 185lbs, and the 1.5g and .45g, I basically have 0 calories left for carbs. Am I doing the math wrong?
    1g protein per pound of LBW is fine, to be honest 0.8g protein per pound of LBW is plenty.. However I still recommend 1g/lb. As for the fat 0.4g+ (LBW).

How much calories is your maintenance? (TDEE) If you have no room for carbs then you are most likely doing the match wrong, but again depends on your TDEE>

Originally Posted by kamiz View Post
    Hi Josef!

Been a long time follower of your logs and this thread, thanks for taking the time to answer all our questions man!
    My Q: In your opinion, should I continue cutting or switch to a lean bulk? If I were to switch how would I transition my calories from the current deficit into a surplus? How big should my surplus be?

Info: 5"4, 150lbs at the moment. Started lifting on SS beginning of 2012, caloric surplus (didn't measure, just eat) for 6 months and went from 160->180lbs and have been on a calorie deficit (at a straight 2000 cal/day) for 5 months now, no cardio. I want to keep going until I see abs but I am slightly afraid I have lost way too much muscle mass by having an aggressive deficit. Should I keep going until I reach 10% and see abs? I think I see the top two emerging so I just want to keep going until I see them clearly.
    Awesome hope you have learned a lot!

Post up a pic lets see where you are at and I will advise you form there whether to keep cutting or to start bulking.

Thanks for the reply man.

When I say I don't count them, I mean that I don't consciously think to myself that I should be getting X amount of fat/carbs, compared to knowing I should be having 140g or more of protein.

Any advice on my diet? I was planning on going on a 1600 calorie diet?

Also, I'm doing strongman 5x5 at the moment. Hope that's OK?

My thinking was to try and lose 20lbs of fat and re-evaluate my situation then e.g. probably bulk at that point?
    Do you know what your maintenance calorie intake is? Is 1600 calories a 500 deficit?

Yup 5x5 strong man is fine, not something I would personally recommend however.

Originally Posted by stephenlatsha View Post
    Is keto diet good with refeed or is there a better diet for loosing fat...thanks for the help! Ps.. how long did it take you to get ripped and huge
    There is nothing special about a Keto diet. You will not lose any more body fat following a Keto diet compared to a normal diet that contains carbs if both diets are of EQUAL calories.

FOR EXAMPLE:

Keto diet:

Protein = 240g

Carbs = under 20g (trace carbs)

Fats = 130g

Total calories = 2210

Normal diet:

Protein = 215g

Carbohydrates = 180g

Fats = 70g

Total calories = 2210

Both of these diet have equal amount of calories, one is a keto diet one is not. The total amount of fat lost will be identical as fat loss is all about calories in VS calories out. However if I was to choose between a keto diet and a normal diet that contains carbohydrates, I would always go with a normal diet. Why? because carbs are the body best source of energy (real important when cutting) so it only makes sense that when your protein and fat requirements are met you should fill the remaining calories up with carbohydrates. (most carbohydrate foods will also contain a decent amount of fiber, which is also important. Especially when dieting!)

Im not a fan of keto diets and never have been. Calorie deficit diet which meeting your protein and fat requirements is what = results.

Hope this helps, you can use keto if you want.. Its personal preference I guess.. I just don't find any benefits in doing so. If there is room for carbohydrates in your diet then include them!

Originally Posted by MaskedFitness View Post
    5'10 290lb brah here. Following an 1800 cal diet. Which routine coupled with boxing and elliptical cardio would help me to develop a more aesthetic/athletic physique faster? A 5x5 done 2-3x a week or a 3-4 day a week split?
    3-4 day split would be superior IMO. Not a fan of 5x5's.

Could you please answer this bro, thanks!
    There isn't really even a question as such? I don't get what you want me to answer?

Do you mind posting it again with a direct question. Thanks.

Originally Posted by rhernandezt View Post
    Josef you didn't answer my question , and btw I have another question, weighing food to count the calories, should I weigh it raw or cooked? for example for eggs I get different calories if I type '' 100 gr egg'' to "100 gr scrambled egg" in this web wolframalpha.com
    Sorry, I must have missed it.. If you could also copy/paste it and I will answer it ASAP!

You can weigh it however you want, it will just mean you have to use the nutrition information for either raw or cooked food. For example 100g cooked chicken breast will have different nutrition info than 100g raw chicken meat. So either way you weight it just follow the nutrition information for the state the food is in (raw/cooked) so basically you can do it however, this most common way is usually raw.

Closed Thread
Page 93 of 165 FirstFirst ... 43 83 91 92 93 94 95 103 143 ... LastLast