Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

Closed Thread
Page 91 of 165 FirstFirst ... 41 81 89 90 91 92 93 101 141 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,730 of 4929
    greenyoga is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    What's best sport for losing weight? I am now on diet,but doesn't see any effect.

JosefRakichFitness.com JOSEF RAKICH's Avatar
    Stats: 5'10", 180 lbs
    JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit JOSEF RAKICH's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by gregorymcm View Post
    Hey Josef, again man, you are truly an inspiration! i aspire to look like you one day!

My question is based on motivation. I am currently consuming 200g protein +/- per day, fats: 50-75g, the rest are carbs. I workout 4 days a week along with HIIT cardio twice a week and swimming when i can.

I have a hard time sticking with my diet because when it comes to my refeed days, i either get carried away because of the cravings and usually i have a hard time jumping back into the diet or i don't eat enough carbs to call it a refeed day.

How do I get back on my diet after a refeed day? also, when i go to my parents house they usually have high GI carbs and sugary junk all around the house, what are some ways that i can avoid these temptations?

Thanks Jo!
    Thanks Greg!

It all comes down to will power and planning I guess, pre plan your re-feed day ahead. This is the best way to go about it.

G.I is irrelevant so don't worry bro, G.I does nothing in regards to improving your body composition.

The Glycemic index is irrelevant because of the metabolic equation. It does not matter or make any difference whether you consume high GI food such as dextrose sugars compared to a low GI food such as oatmeal. It will make no difference what so ever on improving body composition.

Many bodybuilders follow the gylcemic index (GI) religously, and they shouldn't! Why so? Well, the GI is based on eating carbohydrates on an empty stomach without the addition of protein, lipids, fiber, water, etc. Therefore, it obviously has it's shortcomings and is not the be all end all choice for chosing our carbohydrate sources. Truth is, it's quite irrelevant when it comes to bodybuilding purposes. Let's take white potatoes for example. This food species is often avoided mainly because of it's high GI rank. Foolish. White potatoes are a very nutritious food and should be incorporated in a sound nutrition program. See, we're already spotting shortcomings challenging the elements and principles of the GI. But wait, there's more. The GI of that white potato can be drastically altered by combining it with the addition of protein, lipds, fiber, and other carbohydrates. In conclusion, the GI should not be followed religiously by bodybuilders and nutrient-density should be the main principle in one's nutrition plan, not the GI.

But won't consuming high GI foods create an insulin spike which will create more overall fat gain?

NO. There is a constant rise and fall ALL DAY. It's not the actual peaks that matter, ITS THE RESULT AT THE END OF THE DAY, eating under maintenance = net lipolysis.

Insulin spikes do not affect weight loss when you are in a deficit. This is what the average person's day looks like in regards to insulin levels:

So with G.I being irrelevant there is no list of foods your not allowed to eat and vice-versa there is no list of food you have to eat in order to reach your body composition goals. Dont think you have to give up pizza, cream donuts and fizzy drink just because you want to lose some weight. General body composition is about macronutrient and calorie control, NOT FOOD CHOICES.

Originally Posted by gabybv View Post
    hi! and thanks for the help ! Im new to this site and i dont know anything about nutrition ... female, 36 years, 165 lb and 162 cm.... my question is... i choose one of the programs here, and set my calorie goal at 1850 per day... is this ok? should i eat this? it looks like a lot of food... I practice some mountain bike, three or four times a week + the workout that I started today.. can u help me please?? oh and sorry about the english... i speak spanish!! my goal is remove all the fat .. though!! Thanks
    If that is a calorie deficit for you then yes, that is good and you will lose weight/fat and tone up.

Originally Posted by bjnor View Post
    hi!
    i am about 12-14% fat atm. In april I am going to a vacation in Spain and want to look shredded by then. I do not got a lot of muscle underneath my fat, but I've been working out for a year now.
    I want to go down to a single digit fat percentage before I start on a slow bulk.

How does this look like? :

I am 143 lbs and pretty soon 18 years old.

TDEE: 2685

216g prot = 858kcal
    71,5g fat = 634 kcal
    164g carb = 656 kcal

Total kcal per day: 2148 kcal.

Total cut per day: 537 kcal.

Total cut per week: 537*7= 3759 = ca. 1 lb loss per week.

Workout:

Football 2 times per week @ 90 min.
    Work out at least 3 times per week @ ~60min.

Workout 1: Chest + Tri + abs
    Workout 2: Back + Bi + traps
    Workout 3: Legs + shoulders + abs

Doing IIFYM.

Happy holidays.
    Looks good bro! You seem to have everything sorted out here! *clap-clap-clap*

Looks like a solid plan, just stick to it and the result will come! All the best and good luck!

Originally Posted by outbred View Post
    HI, would like to thanks you for all the help you have given people here!
    so my dad is a diabetic and is looking to join me with IIFYM after seeing how well its worked for me so far, he is about 30-40 kg overweight and a type 2 diabetic, apparently to much protein is bad for diabetics, so whats a good place to start?

Cheers
    My knowledge on people with diabetes is not the greatest, it always best to advise with a doctor if it is a medical problem so I would advise that you do that. His doctor will know.

Originally Posted by NKopeles6 View Post
    So what my last question towards that is.. Could you possible give me a workout routine and a workout split that i should exactly follow till the day of my trip that is on march 28th. Also a diet that i should follow, as far as how many carbs/proteins/fats i should consume a day.. remember i am trying to stay as lean as possible for my trip and have as much muscle as possible.. i want to do this lean bulk as best as i possibly can.. so if you could can you please reply with a good routine i should follow, with the split and the repetition of my lifts, and lastly the diet. I would honestly appreciate it greatly man.. this trip is very important to me.
    If you want you can check out my website bro.. www.JosefRakichFitness.com

I can create the perfect workout program for you yes. And I can also create the perfect diet personalized to you and list you the exact amount of protein, carbs and fats you need to consume each day in order to reach your goals. If you do want a meal plan and/or workout program from me it will take me about 2-3 days to get the plan to you due to the wiring list and I like to do all my clients in order as its only fair.

Originally Posted by greenyoga View Post
    What's best sport for losing weight? I am now on diet,but doesn't see any effect.
    Any sport that burns the most calories.. I would say swimming and boxing would be 2 great sports to get into.

If I can remember correctly, Michael Phelps (olympic champion swimmer) consumes over 10k calories EVERY SINGLE DAY. Now this is just crazy, but he trains so much in the water and just burns the calories off like crazy.
    ✔ ISSA Certified Personal Trainer, Fitness Model & Sponsored Athlete!

✔ Personalized Meal Plans & Workout Programs for Males & Females! (PM me for details)

✔ 12 WEEK TRANSFORMATION PROGRAM NOW AVAILABLE! (PM me for details)

✔ Follow me on FaceBook (Search: Josef Rakich Fitness)

✔ Follow me on Instagram (@JosefRakich)

✔ Subscribe to my Youtube Channel for Workout Vids (Search: Josef Rakich)

Stats: 5'10", 160 lbs
    bjnor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bjnor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bjnor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bjnor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bjnor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bjnor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bjnor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bjnor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bjnor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bjnor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bjnor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit bjnor's BodySpace
    Thanks!

Sine I only got times for 3 days at the gym (a lot going on in my life) do you have any tips to how/what I should do within those 3 days?

Should I do what I planned on?

I am following your workout journal and will most likely do high volume aswell. (Never been doing high volume before, want to try something new)

Also, got more tips for me? You're a legend man

Cheers

Stats: 6'0", 225 lbs
    SoQuick is a name known to all. (+5000) SoQuick is a name known to all. (+5000) SoQuick is a name known to all. (+5000) SoQuick is a name known to all. (+5000) SoQuick is a name known to all. (+5000) SoQuick is a name known to all. (+5000) SoQuick is a name known to all. (+5000) SoQuick is a name known to all. (+5000) SoQuick is a name known to all. (+5000) SoQuick is a name known to all. (+5000) SoQuick is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Visit SoQuick's BodySpace
    Hey Josef, I just had a quick question. I would like to buy your training but I have a limited amount of equipment. A pretty good set up but limited so I was wondering if that's something workable or if there are certain exercises that are a must and not replaceable. Let me know. Thanks! Merry Christmas!

Stats: 5'3", 167 lbs
    gabybv is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gabybv is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gabybv is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gabybv is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gabybv is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gabybv is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gabybv is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gabybv is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gabybv is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gabybv is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gabybv is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Visit gabybv's BodySpace

ok...

But how can i know IF i am on a déficit... sorry. .. told u im new ...i just set my goals as this site told me ... would i stick to it ...

Stats: 5'10", 168 lbs
    gregorymcm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gregorymcm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gregorymcm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gregorymcm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gregorymcm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gregorymcm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gregorymcm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gregorymcm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gregorymcm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gregorymcm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gregorymcm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Visit gregorymcm's BodySpace
    Alright thanks JO! That made my day! especially since it's christmas, ill eat a ton of chicken and try to limit my carbs. But screw the GI profile.

Your information will be saved and remembered

Merry Christmas my man!

Stats: 5'4", 157 lbs
    mastkhare is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mastkhare is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mastkhare is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mastkhare is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mastkhare is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mastkhare is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mastkhare is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Visit mastkhare's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by JOSEF RAKICH View Post
    Need overall macros and calories, please enter all this information in www.myfitnesspal.com and then post up the numbers.
    Hi Josef,

You asked for my macros and calories so here a summary of a typical day intake. Please note that i just bought whey protein and creatine so taking servings of whey protein and 1 table spoon of creatine post workout as well including this.
    Attached Images

newfoundglory is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Wow. This is an awesome thread, I feel overloaded with information.

My question is about macros - a bit of a sanity check at I have this right.

I am 5'6" and weigh 176lbs - I have guessed by BF% to be about 32% - making LBM about 117lb. I am aiming for 1650 kcal per day.

152g protein at 1.3 = 608 kcal
    52g fat at 0.45 = 474 kcal
    Leaving 142g carbs making 568 kcal

My questions are:

- Protein is easy, but how do I eat that much fat?
    - For body composition does it matter what those carbs are? Do you eat particular carbs for some reason?
    - If playing sport twice a week what should I do on those days as I have no energy, or should I eat more kcals generally?

JosefRakichFitness.com JOSEF RAKICH's Avatar
    JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit JOSEF RAKICH's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by bjnor View Post
    Thanks!

Sine I only got times for 3 days at the gym (a lot going on in my life) do you have any tips to how/what I should do within those 3 days?

Should I do what I planned on?

I am following your workout journal and will most likely do high volume aswell. (Never been doing high volume before, want to try something new)

Also, got more tips for me? You're a legend man

Cheers
    A 3 day split is fine bro, better than nothing! Just make sure you smash each and every muscle group on your body over the 3 days. The workout you listed looks good!

My tips to you are: stay dedicated and consistent with what you do.

Originally Posted by SoQuick View Post
    Hey Josef, I just had a quick question. I would like to buy your training but I have a limited amount of equipment. A pretty good set up but limited so I was wondering if that's something workable or if there are certain exercises that are a must and not replaceable. Let me know. Thanks! Merry Christmas!
    4th March, save this date in your phone and come see me then.

I am working on something so epic for people to workout at home who do not have access to weights, its in the works at the moment but will be all ready and launched on my website with videos etc, this will benefit you a lot!

But if you want a workout program from me, I can create the perfect plan for you yes.. You will just have to let me know what you have access to and what you don't.

Originally Posted by gabybv View Post
    But how can i know IF i am on a déficit... sorry. .. told u im new ...i just set my goals as this site told me ... would i stick to it ...
    If you are losing weight/fat you will be in a deficit.

Originally Posted by gregorymcm View Post
    Alright thanks JO! That made my day! especially since it's christmas, ill eat a ton of chicken and try to limit my carbs. But screw the GI profile.

Your information will be saved and remembered

Merry Christmas my man!
    Yup GI is irrelevant.

Merry Xmas to you also, hope you had a good one!

Originally Posted by mastkhare View Post
    Hi Josef,

You asked for my macros and calories so here a summary of a typical day intake. Please note that i just bought whey protein and creatine so taking servings of whey protein and 1 table spoon of creatine post workout as well including this.
    WOW BRO!!

Only 28g of fat and only 56g of protein for the entire day!? This is defiantly a bad diet to follow.. Basically everything here needs to be changed.

Increase protein intake to 1g protein per pound of LBW and fat intake to 0.4g per pound of LBW, then fill the remaining calories up with either carbs, protein or fat.

Originally Posted by newfoundglory View Post
    Wow. This is an awesome thread, I feel overloaded with information.

My question is about macros - a bit of a sanity check at I have this right.

I am 5'6" and weigh 176lbs - I have guessed by BF% to be about 32% - making LBM about 117lb. I am aiming for 1650 kcal per day.

152g protein at 1.3 = 608 kcal
    52g fat at 0.45 = 474 kcal
    Leaving 142g carbs making 568 kcal

My questions are:

- Protein is easy, but how do I eat that much fat?
    - For body composition does it matter what those carbs are? Do you eat particular carbs for some reason?
    - If playing sport twice a week what should I do on those days as I have no energy, or should I eat more kcals generally?
    - Consume foods that have a high fat content such as:

* Tuna
    * Salmon
    * Peanut butter
    * Peanuts
    * Walnuts
    * Almonds
    * Olive oil
    * Canola oil
    * Avocado
    * Just to name a few of them..

- Nope, consume any carbs you want its all personal preference. The glycemic index is irrelevant for improving body composition.

- It would be a good idea if you are low on energy, but just make sure you are still in a calorie deficit otherwise you won't be losing fat..
    ✔ ISSA Certified Personal Trainer, Fitness Model & Sponsored Athlete!

✔ Personalized Meal Plans & Workout Programs for Males & Females! (PM me for details)

✔ 12 WEEK TRANSFORMATION PROGRAM NOW AVAILABLE! (PM me for details)

✔ Follow me on FaceBook (Search: Josef Rakich Fitness)

✔ Follow me on Instagram (@JosefRakich)

✔ Subscribe to my Youtube Channel for Workout Vids (Search: Josef Rakich)

BostonRockets has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) BostonRockets has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) BostonRockets has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) BostonRockets has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) BostonRockets has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) BostonRockets has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) BostonRockets has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) BostonRockets has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) BostonRockets has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) BostonRockets has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) BostonRockets has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Josef I am strongly mirin your body (no homo). Your body would be my ideal but I am 5'7 so that's maybe 165/170 for me?

This was me at 155. I am 152-153 now so I lost 2lbs of fat since (every bit counds lulz). I am back in the gym after 2 years and have been making strength gains while eating at a deficit. I want to get down to 145 (srs) and then just slowly gain lean mass forever. But I do value your advice more than my own. What do you think I should do? My rationale was because of muscle memory I may be able to gain strength and muscle while losing fat so I wanted to take advantage and keep losing weight. I don't want to do bulk/cutting cycles as I have a hard time losing fat but easy time gaining fat.

Stats: 6'4", 190 lbs
    Hawkhamilton is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit Hawkhamilton's BodySpace

Ready for new tactic

I do resistance/weights 4 times a week for 60-90 mins (mostly super sets), and for the last couple of months have added 10 mins of HIIT to the end of each workout. Been doing IF from 9:30pm to 1:00pm 6-7 days a week for Six months, too. Results? Dropped two points in BF (10-8%), and lots of great feedback about looking better, but still not cut in my abs. Started working my abs harder, but I'm thinking this is more about eating. Should I cut cals (haven't done big deficits on a daily basis since advice has been that will eat more muscle than fat)? What new tack should I take or should I just expect a sow climb to my six pack goal over the next six months if I stick with my exercise routine and IF?

Ro11Tide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ro11Tide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ro11Tide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ro11Tide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ro11Tide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ro11Tide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ro11Tide is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Visit Ro11Tide's BodySpace
    hey man just a couple questions.

i weigh 168 pounds and am bulking at about 3,700 calories a day. Is 120g fat too many? im getting in around 200g protein and the rest carbs thanks.

Also, the day i start cutting, how many calories should i eat? 3,600? 3,500? Also how do you drop calories throughout a cut, like weekly drop 100 or what. Thanks alot!

Stats: 5'7", 179 lbs
    caseyjohnson is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) caseyjohnson is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) caseyjohnson is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) caseyjohnson is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) caseyjohnson is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) caseyjohnson is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) caseyjohnson is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) caseyjohnson is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) caseyjohnson is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) caseyjohnson is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) caseyjohnson is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Visit caseyjohnson's BodySpace
    Hey Josef I have a few questions that I would like to hear what you have to say about them!

1) I am probably considered a beginner weightlifter as I cannot bench 1.5x my bodyweight. My max is probably around 180 lbs and I am currently cutting weight to 10% bf (borderlining 15% atm). What do you think of all pro's work out regime for beginners?

2) I know this is a bodybuilding site, but when your cutting weight, everyone says do the compound exercises to retain muscle and not lose LBM. Well I am a Kung Fu Martial Artist and gaining strength is very important and beneficial from the compound exercises, but there are so many different body weight exercises we do that exercises our muscle groups... What is your view on or could you explain the science behind retaining muscle? Could I do bodyweight exercises along with the compound lifts and would that help any in regards to retaining LBM?

Stats: 5'8", 143 lbs
    zoghdani is a jewel in the rough. (+500) zoghdani is a jewel in the rough. (+500) zoghdani is a jewel in the rough. (+500) zoghdani is a jewel in the rough. (+500) zoghdani is a jewel in the rough. (+500) zoghdani is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Visit zoghdani's BodySpace
    Hey Josef, Mirin’ your work man. Can’t wait for your JRF TV channel on YouTube, You’ll definitely going to make a huge hit in fitness community.

Just want you to give me an advice on my diet and workout plan. And what should I do next.
    First of all lemme tell you that I was on a severe caloric deficit for the last 3 months as for lacking of knowledge. And went down from 84kg > 63kg.

Just started recovering as I think I might have a metabolic damage and now am upping my cals every week just to reach my maintenance.
    Still have the last bit of fat. But I’m like 10% BF with a decent muscle mass. Would you suggest that I keep cutting or start lean bulking?

Weight: 63KG | Height: 174CM | Age: 17 Years Old
    Daily intake: 1900 calories “Increasing every week”.
    Protein: 176g | Fat: 63g | Carbs: 165g

Workout Routine: Chest/Triceps – Back/Biceps – Shoulders/Abs – Quads/Calves – Repeat
    6 x Week On/ 1x Off
    Last edited by zoghdani; 12-27-2012 at 04:47 AM.

Stats: 5'11", 169 lbs
    Spalding13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Spalding13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Spalding13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Spalding13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Spalding13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Spalding13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Spalding13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Spalding13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Spalding13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Spalding13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Spalding13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Visit Spalding13's BodySpace
    How many times a week should i train abs,and with how many sets and reps ?
    I have 1.5 years experiance,and im currently on a cut(just puting out if that would help.)
    Thanks!
    Life owes you only the opportunity to chase your goal,and nothing else!

Machinez is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Machinez View Post
    Hey Bro

Im 5'5
    148Lbs.. having a hard time decreasing my weight ..my belly fat isn't shredding off the way how i want it to.

I have good amount of muscle since ive been working out for a while now but it has been on and off for me due to medical school. I usually just work my biceps/triceps one day and then shoulders/chest the next.. in between ill do here and there leg exercises. How should i breakdown the exercise routine?

I want to get big, but not HUGE!.. at the same time, i want to shred the belly fat and some fat on my face..Do i loose weight first or do heavy lifting which'll eventually kill the extra fat? How should i go about it ..?

Much Appreciated!!
    Originally Posted by JOSEF RAKICH View Post

Hit each main muscle group once per week at high volume, I'm a big fan of high volume low frequency training. You cannot go wrong!

Post up a pic and I will advise you on what to do first.
    here is the pic
    Attached Images

Stats: 5'6", 180 lbs
    danieljo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) danieljo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) danieljo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) danieljo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) danieljo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) danieljo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) danieljo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) danieljo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) danieljo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) danieljo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) danieljo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Visit danieljo's BodySpace
    What is the best way to get rid of the fats on my tummy?

Stats: 6'0", 322 lbs
    SAMSET has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SAMSET has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SAMSET has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SAMSET has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SAMSET has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SAMSET has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SAMSET has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SAMSET has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SAMSET has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SAMSET has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SAMSET has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Visit SAMSET's BodySpace
    I have a couple questions and ill try not to let it get to lengthy

I have been in and out of the gym for years and my weight has gone up and down with it.
    currently i had to cancel on the gym because full time work,part time school and baby on the way are tearing into my schedule.
    I am probably in the worst shape i have ever been in, about 330lbs 6'1 probably 45%BF. im not looking for a 6 pack but i need to fix this. i would normally just hit the gym hard like i have done, but like i said...

I have a pretty decent set up in my basement. Olympic bench with 350lbs, easy curl bar that uses the same plates. dumbbells that also use those plates but that kind of sucks. also a little area with some of that gym floor stuff you clip together. I am 6'1 and the basement is only 6'6 so jumping type exercises are pretty much out. for my cardio i thought i would go up and down my basement stair case.

So what im looking for, i think for right now anyways i can squeeze in about an hours workout in the morning before work(5am-6am) but i cannot figure out whats my best bang for the buck so to speak. should i just get in there and lift heavy for the time that i have and get cardio in when i have time? should i just do cardio for an hour and get in weight training when i have time? or should i do like a half hour of each?

my diet while im training is almost always on point it is when i fall off the wagon that it goes to ****. as of right now as soon as i get all of this xmas crap out of my house i should be good on diet.

like i said, not looking for a six pack by summer or 15%BF just really wanting to get back down to just a chubby guy not super fat. i love weight training and feel like hitting the bench is the way to go but maybe im wrong and walking up and down those stairs is more important...

thanks for the help, and let me know if this is to much and maybe i should start a new thread.

sam

Stats: 5'11", 220 lbs
    BodyPoints: 2339
    -Lucifer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) -Lucifer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) -Lucifer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) -Lucifer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) -Lucifer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) -Lucifer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) -Lucifer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) -Lucifer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) -Lucifer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) -Lucifer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) -Lucifer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit -Lucifer's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by SAMSET View Post
    So what im looking for, i think for right now anyways i can squeeze in about an hours workout in the morning before work(5am-6am) but i cannot figure out whats my best bang for the buck so to speak. should i just get in there and lift heavy for the time that i have and get cardio in when i have time? should i just do cardio for an hour and get in weight training when i have time? or should i do like a half hour of each?
    I'd do the cardio first and then lift weights, but since you love weight training so much, lift first and then do cardio. To be honest, you'll shed fat as long as you eat at a deficit (read sticky threads in the Nutrition forum), so cardio is not necessary, but it will help you reach your goal faster.

As for the last part I quoted, 30 minutes of each should be fine. I recommend a full body routine.

Stats: 5'11", 155 lbs
    MrWebster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrWebster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrWebster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrWebster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrWebster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrWebster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrWebster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrWebster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrWebster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrWebster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrWebster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit MrWebster's BodySpace
    Hey Josef, no questions here, I just wanted to give props for helping all these guys out. I've been following your principles and cutting solidly, so thanks!

Stats: 6'2", 175 lbs
    Zzechmann33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zzechmann33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zzechmann33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zzechmann33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zzechmann33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zzechmann33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zzechmann33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zzechmann33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zzechmann33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zzechmann33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zzechmann33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Visit Zzechmann33's BodySpace

Continue to Cut?

Hi Josef,

I have been reading through this forum a lot and have found it very helpful but I wanted to ask you if you think I should continue to cut or start bulking? I am 6'2 190 lbs but when I started I was 240 lbs (1 year ago). I had significant amount of bf as I was pretty sedentary and ate horribly. I currently workout 4-5 days a week lifting heavy and doing 20-30 min of HIIT cardio 2-3 days a week after I lift. I eat clean/healthy during the week but I do tend to cheat somewhat on the weekend and I do drink alcohol on the weekend usually 1 night a weekend but I was still able to lose 50 lbs doing this. My current macro breakdown on a usual day is:

2089 cals
    171g carbs
    55g fat
    209g protein

I believe I still need to cut until I get to looking the way I am satisfied with. My lifts have somewhat stalled but I am still adding weight but slowly.

I have attached a pic and as you can see I still have a little gut and some moobs which is the reason why I think I should still cut. Any recommendations would be helpful! Thanks in advance!
    Attached Images

Stats: 5'6", 180 lbs
    danieljo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) danieljo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) danieljo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) danieljo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) danieljo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) danieljo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) danieljo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) danieljo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) danieljo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) danieljo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) danieljo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Visit danieljo's BodySpace
    What is the safest way of loosing fat deposits in your body in preparation for a plan to tone muscles?

Stats: 155 lbs
    Wahdan is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit Wahdan's BodySpace
    Hey Josef!

I have 3 questions regarding supplements. I'm using TwinLab Amino Fuel (Pre-Workout) and ON Gold Standard Whey(Post-Workout, 1 scoop (25g) and another 1 scoop later in the day (25g))

1) Should I ditch TwinLab's Amino Fuel because it has 9g sugar per serving? Will that affect my fat loss? Dymatize's Super Amino Liquid is a good replacement?

2) Am I taking these supplements in the right timing or should I change something?

3) Are multivitamins (such as Opti-Men) essential or could do without them?

I have my macros sorted out and the above questions are my only concerns. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Wahdan; 12-28-2012 at 07:42 AM.

Stats: 5'9", 194 lbs
    cterrazas is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit cterrazas's BodySpace
    Josef thanks for all the info. So as long as i hit my macros for the day along with protein and fat i can fill in the rest with random carbs? What are your thoughts on sugar? Should i keep track of it relugiously? Im just curious because when im done hitting my protein,fat and carb goals i still have some cals to fill in.

Stats: 6'0", 176 lbs
    rhernandezt is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit rhernandezt's BodySpace

Thumbs up

Hey josef, first of all I need to tell you how thankful I am to you , thanks to you now I Plan, I count every single calorie I eat and I have been losing fat successfully following your instructions..
    so here are my questions for today
    1) I have been cutting for 20 days and I had lost 4 kg but today I went out and I couldn't resist, I ate more calories that I was supossed to, I need to eat 2100 calories per day to lose fat and I ate 3100 today , I just got home and weighed myself and I gained 1 kg , is that so fast that once you eat more calories the fat appears instantly? or the body constantly changes throughout the day because of water/food etc? is this too bad for me? I mean Will I lose the effort of those 20 days cutting ? or will this have something positive like speed up the metabolism or something like that?
    2) So according to you whats more important for body composition are calories.. so If you want to gain muscle/ lose fat you need a certain number of calories, following this which supplement would you preffer to build muscle mass, protein or a weight gainer? what are the pros and cons of these two supps?

ILoveTrance has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ILoveTrance has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ILoveTrance has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ILoveTrance has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ILoveTrance has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ILoveTrance has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ILoveTrance has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ILoveTrance has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ILoveTrance has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ILoveTrance has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ILoveTrance has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    So im planning on start my cut soon. I am 5"11 220 lbs 18/20% bf. Will use ec, protein, aminoacids, green tea extract. My diet plan is all right. My question is. How long you would personaly stick with ec stack, I was planning on cut 4 months. Would you use creatine while cutting? Should I go with ec or eca? and what dosage do you recommend?

BreadAss is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i am currently 62kg 1.75m with 11%bf but i have a problem, my abs are not that visible.
    I believe that a layer of fats is covering my abs so been eating clean and doing abs exercise but it doesnt seems to work for me.
    i have a question, is there a limit of sodium to intake because most of my diet consist of sodium, protein shake , cereal with milk.

Stats: 5'10", 176 lbs
    CS123 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit CS123's BodySpace
    I'm currently making a plan to cut. I use Burn the fat feed the muscle program by Tom Venuto. Im working on macros now. My plan is to cut with a deficit of 500 kcal a day. 50% carbs 30% protein 20% fat . I know Im on a moderate carb diet. So Tom says: ''Regardless of what you name it, carbohydrate cycling is probably the most powerful fat burning strategy on the planet.'' But I'm doing 50% carb wich is moderate carb-diet and not a low carb-diet. I would have a TDEE of 2900 and 2400 kcal with 500 deficit. So it would be 300 grams of carbs 180 grams of protein and 53 grams of fat.
    I have couple of questions wich I hope you would like to anwser:
    -Should I get decent results at a medium carb diet (ofcourse with right workout and numbers etc.)?
    -Should I use carb-cycling on a medium carb diet where I would go from medium to high carb for 1 day after 3 medium days?
    -Should I keep a nutrition program 7 days a week with 500 kcal deficit and 50-30-20 ratios?
    -Im planning on cutting 6 months with a 500 kcal deficit and medium carb diet is this harmfull?
    Last edited by CS123; 12-28-2012 at 08:31 AM.

Stats: 6'2", 184 lbs
    daw0731 is just really nice. (+1000) daw0731 is just really nice. (+1000) daw0731 is just really nice. (+1000) daw0731 is just really nice. (+1000) daw0731 is just really nice. (+1000) daw0731 is just really nice. (+1000) daw0731 is just really nice. (+1000) daw0731 is just really nice. (+1000) daw0731 is just really nice. (+1000) daw0731 is just really nice. (+1000) daw0731 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Visit daw0731's BodySpace
    After a few years of being a fatty, I have finally come to the conclusion that I need to kick my ass back in gear. I have lost 60 pounds over the last 6 months by running, lifting a little, and watching my diet. I do not have a regular diet plan, but I have recently started a regular workout routine. I have hit a road block with losing the fat around my lower stomach. With research I have learned that I cannot target this area, and that when I burn fat, I will burn it from my body, not a specific place that I decide/focus. I was wondering if you could help me tweak my workout plan, and assist me with a good diet that will help me lose the fat, and add a few pounds of lean muscle mass? I have no desire to be the world's strongest man, but I do want to be able to go the the beach and feel confident when I take off my shirt. Thank you!

Workout Routine:
    Monday - Short Run: 3 to 5 miles
    Tuesday - Weight Training
    Wednesday - Short Run: 3 to 5 miles
    Thursday - Weight Training
    Friday - Light Cardio (really short run) stretching with resistance
    Saturday - Long Run: More than 6 miles
    Sunday - Rest

Thanks again!

Insert iphone mirror pic derekwalter's Avatar
    Stats: 6'1", 205 lbs
    derekwalter has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekwalter has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekwalter has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekwalter has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekwalter has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekwalter has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekwalter has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekwalter has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekwalter has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekwalter has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekwalter has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit derekwalter's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by cterrazas View Post
    Josef thanks for all the info. So as long as i hit my macros for the day along with protein and fat i can fill in the rest with random carbs? What are your thoughts on sugar? Should i keep track of it relugiously? Im just curious because when im done hitting my protein,fat and carb goals i still have some cals to fill in.
    Wait wut? If you have "hit your macros", which includes protein, fat and carbs, then you shouldn't have any calories left. And sugar is closely related to carbs, 1 tsp of sugar has 16 calories, and 4.2g of carbs. So yeah, your sugar intake counts towards both of those.

(Ps. I'm not Josef, but I once played him on tv.)
    Last edited by derekwalter; 12-28-2012 at 03:21 PM.
    ***Canadian Crew***

Leafs for life!!

On a slow bulk... Starting weight: 9lbs, 2oz. Current weight: 205lbs

Always pick #4 Crew (BEWARE! There is a conspiracy against us!)

Closed Thread
Page 91 of 165 FirstFirst ... 41 81 89 90 91 92 93 101 141 ... LastLast