sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

spin lock comfort pad

Opinions?
    Attached Images

keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I think it should be a little larger and maybe have a non slip surface.

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #53 ▪█─────█▪
    ^^^^^^^ 6' 6" and Over Crew ^^^^^^^
    ------------- No Vax Crew ----------------

sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    This is not a Shermworks SPAM/Promo/get-rich-quick. Easy DIY. Just interested in opinions about the idea since spinlocks are so commonly used.

Sherm

thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I think something like that could be a good option. How many threads up the handle does that go? It looks like it only needs 2 or 3. That's my biggest knock with spin locks is that on heavier weights trying to rest them on your knees to knee them up into position can get brutal.
    "It is my own fault for replying in a smith thread." deadwoodgregg

Ordained Minister of Perpetual Consumption and all around righteous dude.

My home gym pictures: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1632857623&viewfull=1#post1632857623

My workout journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120169181

Home gym 'til I die. ProtienandIron's Avatar
    ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I use spinlock dumbbells with multiple slimline 5kg plates on and have never had a problem with them because I only rest the side of the plate on my legs before kicking them up for a bench press. Its not to say its a bad idea, but its just no use for me. Although I can see people having a problem if they are using small plates on the ends of the dumbbells- but to combat this just put the bigger plates on the end instead.
    My training log:
    ---------------
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153596291&p=1062453741#post1062453741

[]---[] Equipment Crew #43 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #1 -!!!---!!!-
    ()---() York Barbell Club #4 ()---()

Originally Posted by thedickus View Post
    I think something like that could be a good option. How many threads up the handle does that go? It looks like it only needs 2 or 3. That's my biggest knock with spin locks is that on heavier weights trying to rest them on your knees to knee them up into position can get brutal.
    Locks up good with about a half turn on the threads. One full turn gives a margin of safety.

When I was looking around for spin lock collars to try this out, the least expensive source I could find was the Walmart/Gold's $4.97 spin lock dumbbell. Take the two collars off and use the leftover bar for whatever.

pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Personally, I think that concept solves a common problem. If you were to make them a bit bigger, there's no reason you couldn't market those and make some coin off the idea.
    If God had wanted us to be weak, He wouldn't have given us iron.

[]---[] Equipment Crew #28 []---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #28 ()---()

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by ProtienandIron View Post
    I use spinlock dumbbells with multiple slimline 5kg plates on and have never had a problem with them because I only rest the side of the plate on my legs before kicking them up for a bench press. Its not to say its a bad idea, but its just no use for me. Although I can see people having a problem if they are using small plates on the ends of the dumbbells- but to combat this just put the bigger plates on the end instead.
    I do the same thing. Sometimes bringing them back down is a bit hairy though.

I could use something like that.

What makes the plate?
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

Originally Posted by Wildtim View Post
    I do the same thing. Sometimes bringing them back down is a bit hairy though.

I could use something like that.

What makes the plate?
    I used a 3 1/2" "Super Slider" bought at Lowes. see for product details http://www.waxmancpg.com/getProducts?category_id=36. There are larger sizes than 3 1/2"

Lowes info http://www.lowes.com/SearchCatalogDi...N=0&oq=&rpp=24

The flat side of the spin lock collar was epoxied to the rubber pad on the slider.

KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by sherman View Post
    I used a 3 1/2" "Super Slider" bought at Lowes.
    Why did you choose sliders? When resting them on the thigh, I'd think you'd want something that's not prone to sliding off...
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #35
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #14

keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I think this is a great idea (a while ago I came across a thread where someone used wood pieces to achieve a similar effect). now to figure out how to do it with oly dumbbells...
    labor vincit omnia

video meliora proboque, deteriora sequor

solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant

Originally Posted by KBKB View Post
    Why did you choose sliders? When resting them on the thigh, I'd think you'd want something that's not prone to sliding off...

I was really looking for something with the right form. But they don't feel that slippery. Since the slider part is plastic, it's easy to rough it up with sandpaper.

dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by keeko View Post
    I think this is a great idea (a while ago I came across a thread where someone used wood pieces to achieve a similar effect). now to figure out how to do it with oly dumbbells...
    that was me. it was just wood blocks cut into circular shapes with a hole in the middle using a wood drill bit. problem is they got looser and looser over time.
    "ive made the most impressive gains when i spent months with the heavy dumbbells and left the power rack cowering in the corner like the b**ch that it is"-anonymous

"sometimes when a mans alone, thats all you got is your dog"

"he fakes to the left. no. he fakes to the right. he doesnt fake. he thinks about faking. he pretends to fake. i dont know where i am. i cant breathe"

Originally Posted by keeko View Post
    This will work. Not much twist required to hold pad/collar on bar since no weight is being supported.

If beyond DIY capability or desire, PM.
    Attached Images

animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    hey sherm, what kind of epoxy are you using for these?
    "If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." -Thomas Paine

[]---[]Equipment Crew Member No.3[]---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #2 ()---()

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    Exactly, whats the best stuff to hold the foam to the chrome, or are yours plastic?
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    This will work. Not much twist required to hold pad/collar on bar since no weight is being supported.

If beyond DIY capability or desire, PM.
    repped.
    labor vincit omnia

video meliora proboque, deteriora sequor

solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant

Originally Posted by animalfan View Post
    hey sherm, what kind of epoxy are you using for these?
    I used one of those twin tube (epoxy & hardener) dispensers. I've had it awhile so the brand label is long gone.

I didn't test different glues. I used the epoxy because it is pretty reliable on a large variety of materials - there may be better choices. The spin lock collars from the Walmart handle are painted metal. I sanded the collars to get a better holding surface for the glue.

All in all I think it's a pretty risk free low cost fix for bar-in-the-thighs pain.

For non spin lock standard db handles the collar setup I showed for the olympic db handle should work by using a 1" collar instead of the 2".

animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I used one of those twin tube (epoxy & hardener) dispensers. I've had it awhile so the brand label is long gone.

I didn't test different glues. I used the epoxy because it is pretty reliable on a large variety of materials - there may be better choices. The spin lock collars from the Walmart handle are painted metal. I sanded the collars to get a better holding surface for the glue.

All in all I think it's a pretty risk free low cost fix for bar-in-the-thighs pain.

For non spin lock standard db handles the collar setup I showed for the olympic db handle should work by using a 1" collar instead of the 2".
    so something like jb weld should work pretty well? that's what i was thinking you used. tried to rep, must have hit you fairly recently. i'll get you again when i can, i like this idea.
    "If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." -Thomas Paine

[]---[]Equipment Crew Member No.3[]---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #2 ()---()

Vermonter is just really nice. (+1000) Vermonter is just really nice. (+1000) Vermonter is just really nice. (+1000) Vermonter is just really nice. (+1000) Vermonter is just really nice. (+1000) Vermonter is just really nice. (+1000) Vermonter is just really nice. (+1000) Vermonter is just really nice. (+1000) Vermonter is just really nice. (+1000) Vermonter is just really nice. (+1000) Vermonter is just really nice. (+1000)
    It is a good concept. I was going to try this a little while ago with some plunger heads, but I ended up being given an Amazon gift certificate from work and bought some Power Hooks instead.