Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    gman44 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gman44 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gman44 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gman44 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gman44 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gman44 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gman44 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gman44 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gman44 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gman44 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gman44 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Gman44 gets shockingly shredded for summer with SLINTROPIN

What's up everybody!

The guys at Myodyne and THEHUGE hooked me up with 2 bottles of Slintropin, their brand new GDA (Glucose Disposal Agent) supplement. I'm super pumped to get this log started, but first, let me give you a little bit of information about myself and Myodyne/Slintropin.

I'm currently a full-time 18 y.o. college student, and started working out mid-late 2010 (just under 2 years). As a serious ectomorph, I had a very hard time putting on muscle and strength towards the beginning, but have definitely come a long way since then. I've been following Layne Norton's PHAT routine for ~6 months now and really enjoy the mixture of strength/hypertrophy days, so if you haven't seen it, check it out! I tried my first real bulk over this past winter and put on a solid 15lbs. But now, as summer approaches I am ready to shed off the excess fat and get ready for beach season

I have been at a 250-350 caloric deficit for the past 2 months, and I'm already down 8lbs which is perfect progress. My macros are definitely tough to track since all my meals come from the campus dining halls, but I will do my best to provide some numbers.

Max lifts (taken within the past few months)
    DB Bench - 85's x 3
    Squat - 315 x 5
    DL - 405 x 1
    Military Press - 135 x 6

Definitely check out Myodynes website at: www.myodyne.com where you can learn more about the company and future projects. As for Slintropin, here is what the company says..

SLINtropin

Every bodybuilder knows the deal. Insulin is the most anabolic hormone known to man. Insulin release is naturally stimulated in your pancreatic gland by the ingestion of carbohydrates, amino acids or the combination of these nutrients. Sounds nice and neat? Too bad many people have inherent dysfunction in the very complex insulin signaling cascade, resulting in limited nutrients uptake by the muscle cells, excessive uptake by the fat cells, too much or too little insulin released and less than perfect insulin release timing. SLINtropin was developed to naturally maximize uptake of glucose and amino acids at the muscle tissue through improved insulin functioning for increased muscle fullness, endurance and even anabolism. How crucial is insulin for anabolism? Studies show that androgens fail to sustain a positive muscle nitrogen balance in the absence of insulin.

SLINtropin

* Supports muscle mass gains, strength and endurance.

* Speeds up fat loss and prevents fat accumulation.

* Drives amino acid and creatine uptake in muscle.

* Improves recovery time by faster glycogen resynthesis.

* Provides lasting “pump”, hardness and vascularity.

* Increases muscle protein anabolism and inhibits catabolism

* Potent synergism with endogenous endocrine hormones.

* Improves digestion for maximum nutrients absorption

The SLINtropin team:

-GS4 75% Gymnemic Acid

This is our premium Gymnema Sylvestre extract.
Gymnema has a profound effect on the insulin secreting cells of the pancreas, known as the beta cells, located inside the islets of Langerhans. The herb has the unique ability to stimulate insulin release in response to a carbs-containing meal. 
More insulin just when needed. Gymnema also acts at nutrient destination cells by increasing permeability of cell walls, which assists in the process of nutrient uptake. SLINtropin uses only the purest and most concentrated Gymnema extract on the market, GS4.

-Berberine HCL

Berberine is an extract found in several different plants, it shows promise in the treatment of diabetes for numerous reasons. Berberine lowered fasting and postprandial Blood glucose levels through Glut-4 translocation and increased insulin receptor expression. . One study showed that berberine works as effectively as Metformin and it was able to improve lipid parameters more effectively. A secondary outcome of this study was a decrease in body fat. A possible reason for the weight change is that berberine increased insulin sensitivity which may be related to fat distribution. Another possibility for the reduction in weight comes from inhibiting adipocyte differentiation through a specific pathway called the PPARy pathway.

-Cinnamon 20% Polyphenols

Cinnamon is a common spice used all over the world, but it’s not commonly known that the spice has significant therapeutic value. Cinnamon contains compounds called flavonoids. The specific flavonoids found in cinnamon bark are shown to stimulate glucose uptake and glycogen synthesis similar to insulin. These flavonoids may activate receptors by direct insulin mimicking action, or indirect insulin potentiation, or, likely, both.

-DigeZyme

No matter how many good clean calories you consume a day, without perfect digestion they won't get you anywhere.

Enzymatic deficiency can commonly lead to gas, indigestion, heartburn, bloating, lack of appetite and poor absorption of vital nutrients. DygeZyme is the perfect solution.

Bottom line, SLINtropin means bigger and fuller looking muscles, enhanced performance, and healthier insulin metabolism, less body fat. What else are you looking for? An excuse?

My goals for this log are to continue making strength/size progress, lose some excess BF, and get into the best shape possible. I'll be following the recommended dosages, which means 1 pill, three times per day, ~15 minutes before a carb-heavy meal. I'll be updating every day or two with my workout details and possibly some music and food prons

So without further adieu, lets get this log started!!!

Last edited by gman44; 04-05-2012 at 01:52 PM.

gman44 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gman44 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gman44 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gman44 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gman44 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gman44 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gman44 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gman44 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gman44 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gman44 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gman44 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Here are some pictures of the bottles, nutritional facts, and even a comparison photo with CL's Orange Triad. Sorry if the pics come out too big, I was having trouble resizing them.

And let me throw in this pic of my lunch today from the dining hall, whole wheat penne pasta, diced chicken and sausage, mushrooms, and broccoli in a light pesto alfredo sauce. Not sure what the macros are but it was DAMN good haha.

THEHUGE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THEHUGE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THEHUGE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THEHUGE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THEHUGE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THEHUGE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THEHUGE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THEHUGE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THEHUGE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THEHUGE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THEHUGE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Oh hai sexay

That pasta looks so hnnngggg...

Enjoy the SLINTropin.
    Olympus Labs/Lyfestyle Research & Development (R&D) Director

Just got back from my first workout on Slintropin - Chest and arms hypertrophy (my routine is a bit modified from PHAT)

Notes:
    - Felt a SIGNIFICANT pump during and after my workout, especially in my chest
    - Did not feel as fatigued towards the 2nd-3rd sets
    - Overall great workout, even added in reverse curls since I felt so good

- I did 3 sets of everything below, aside from the flat DB press which I had to lighten

Chest:
    Flat DB press: 2 sets 70'sx9, 1 set 65'sx9
    Hammer Strength flat chest machine: 172.5x10
    Hammer Strength decline press: 80lbs on each side x 10
    Cable crossovers: 50lbs on each side x 10

Biceps:
    BB Spider curls: 55x10
    Standing DB hammer curls: 25'sx8
    Reverse BB curls: 45x10

Triceps:
    Weighted bench dips: 45x10
    1-arm cable extensions: 35x8

Favorite song of the workout:

Last edited by gman44; 04-05-2012 at 04:07 PM.

THEHUGE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THEHUGE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THEHUGE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THEHUGE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THEHUGE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THEHUGE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THEHUGE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THEHUGE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THEHUGE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THEHUGE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THEHUGE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    IME SLINTropin + higher carbs = more pump than any NO booster.

daveywave4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Is this taken with any other supplements such as protein powder etc?

Originally Posted by daveywave4 View Post
    Is this taken with any other supplements such as protein powder etc?
    Yep, my stack includes the Slintropin, whey protein, a multi and fish oil.

Gman can you post before/after pics?

Originally Posted by THEHUGE View Post
    Gman can you post before/after pics?
    For sure, I'll get on that ASAP.

Anyways, I missed my lower power day yesterday because I was ridiculously busy, so I'll be doing it in a few hours. Will update later.

UPDATE:

I haven't been able to hit legs in about 2 weeks, so I did my modified lower power day but took it pretty light. Next leg day I'll raise the weight a bit and hopefully in 2 more workouts I'll be back to where I was.

Notes:
    - My legs, especially calves, have had a very nice pump - something I don't normally get
    - Today was pretty rough as I've missed legs the past 2 weeks

Lower Power:

Squats: 185x10, 225x5, 225x5, 225x5, 245x5
    One-legged db bench lunges (see picture below): 30'sx5, 30'sx5, 40'sx5
    Leg extensions: 100x10, 100x10, 100x10
    Standing calf machine: 140x8, 140x8, 140x6

Favorite song of the workout:

Last edited by gman44; 04-07-2012 at 03:03 PM.

Daycrawler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Daycrawler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Daycrawler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Daycrawler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Daycrawler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Daycrawler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Daycrawler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Daycrawler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Daycrawler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Daycrawler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Daycrawler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by gman44 View Post

What's up everybody!

The guys at Myodyne and THEHUGE hooked me up with 2 bottles of Slintropin, their brand new GDA (Glucose Disposal Agent) supplement. I'm super pumped to get this log started, but first, let me give you a little bit of information about myself and Myodyne/Slintropin.

I'm currently a full-time 18 y.o. college student, and started working out mid-late 2010 (just under 2 years). As a serious ectomorph, I had a very hard time putting on muscle and strength towards the beginning, but have definitely come a long way since then. I've been following Layne Norton's PHAT routine for ~6 months now and really enjoy the mixture of strength/hypertrophy days, so if you haven't seen it, check it out! I tried my first real bulk over this past winter and put on a solid 15lbs. But now, as summer approaches I am ready to shed off the excess fat and get ready for beach season

I have been at a 250-350 caloric deficit for the past 2 months, and I'm already down 8lbs which is perfect progress. My macros are definitely tough to track since all my meals come from the campus dining halls, but I will do my best to provide some numbers.

Max lifts (taken within the past few months)
    DB Bench - 85's x 3
    Squat - 315 x 5
    DL - 405 x 1
    Military Press - 135 x 6

Definitely check out Myodynes website at: www.myodyne.com where you can learn more about the company and future projects. As for Slintropin, here is what the company says..

My goals for this log are to continue making strength/size progress, lose some excess BF, and get into the best shape possible. I'll be following the recommended dosages, which means 1 pill, three times per day, ~15 minutes before a carb-heavy meal. I'll be updating every day or two with my workout details and possibly some music and food prons

So without further adieu, lets get this log started!!!

I'm in. I'll be adding this to my stack for the summer.
    Lift | Eat | Repeat

Originally Posted by Daycrawler View Post
    I'm in. I'll be adding this to my stack for the summer.
    You're going to love it.

Molecular Nutrition Rep SwolenONE's Avatar
    SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Huge, is this company affiliated with BioTivia?

Originally Posted by SwolenONE View Post
    Huge, is this company affiliated with BioTivia?
    Nope, not at all. I just happen to know these people(very good people) and I've tried this formula as a alpha tester. I'm rarely impressed with anything as you already know...now this is my GDA of choise. You should try it.

Major Update!

I just switched my workout routine from PHAT, to a variation of 5/3/1. I was taking a look at my workout journals from the past few months and realized I haven't been making consistent progress (plus it got kinda boring after all these months). This is the format of my new routine:

Day 1
    Military press: (5/3/1) format
    BB upright rows: 5 sets, 15 reps each set
    Chin-ups: 5 sets, 10 reps each set

Day 2
    Deadlift: (5/3/1) format
    Good Mornings: 5 sets, 12 reps each set
    Hanging leg raises: 5 sets, 15 reps each set

Day 3
    Flat BB Bench Press: (5/3/1) format
    Flat DB Bench Press: 5 sets, 15 reps each set
    DB rows: 5 sets, 15 reps each set

Day 4
    Squats: (5/3/1) format
    Leg extensions: 5 sets, 15 reps each set
    Standing calf raises: 5 sets, 10 reps each set

Today I did day 3, so wednesday I will be doing day 4.
    Workout notes:
    - MASSIVE pump in my arms and chest
    - I surprised myself with how much weight I could do
    - I outlasted both of my good friends on the accessory sets (which got exhausting as sh!t)

Day 3
    Flat BB Bench Press: 5x120lbs, 5x140, 12x160 (that was the 5+ set)
    Flat DB Bench Press: sets 1-4 were 15x50's, set 5 was 15x45's
    DB rows: set 1 was 15x55, sets 2-4 were 15x50, set 5 was 15x45

Overall, extremely rigourous workout but I'm loving the change already. I have noticed my arms and chest feeling a bit "fuller" throughout the day, but since its so soon let's see if in a few weeks Slintropin continues to pump me up

Favorite song of the workout

Everything going well and better....just as expected

What's up guys! Just finished off my leg day and it went great, here's the details..

Workout notes:
    - I blasted through this leg day as if it were nothing
    - Felt energized and fresh throughout

Day 4
    Squats: 5x185, 5x215, 9x240
    Leg extensions: 15x110 for all 5 sets
    Standing calf raises: 10x140 for all 5 sets

I had my Slintropin 15 minutes before my post workout meal, triple decker turkey sandwich with light ranch, lettuce, tomatoes, and american cheese.

Song of the workout:

PolskiBrah is not very well liked. (-100) PolskiBrah is not very well liked. (-100) PolskiBrah is not very well liked. (-100) PolskiBrah is not very well liked. (-100) PolskiBrah is not very well liked. (-100) PolskiBrah is not very well liked. (-100) PolskiBrah is not very well liked. (-100) PolskiBrah is not very well liked. (-100) PolskiBrah is not very well liked. (-100) PolskiBrah is not very well liked. (-100) PolskiBrah is not very well liked. (-100)
    In on this! Loving the log Gman, I've been looking for a new GDA for a while now so I can't wait to see your results.

Molecular Nutrition Rep SwolenONE's Avatar
    SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Nope, not at all. I just happen to know these people(very good people) and I've tried this formula as a alpha tester. I'm rarely impressed with anything as you already know...now this is my GDA of choise. You should try it.
    Very cool!

Man I have so many damn bottles of GDA's its nuts. Once I use them up I will look into this one!

Originally Posted by PolskiBrah View Post
    In on this! Loving the log Gman, I've been looking for a new GDA for a while now so I can't wait to see your results.
    Look no further, this is the ultimate GDA IMO.

Nice job Gman and loving the food porn

Just finished up a quick morning workout, today was day 1..

Workout notes:
    - This muscle fullness is definitely here to stay, this is the first time I've actually felt like my shoulders have some "heft" to them haha
    - Had great endurance and energy even though I was on an empty stomach in the morning

Day 1
    Military press: 5x80, 5x95, 8x105
    BB upright rows: 10x50lbs for all 5 sets
    Chin-ups: 3 sets 10xBW, 2 sets -40lbs assisted x10

Song of the workout:

And here's a little somethin-somethin to keep you guys entertained

Why did you lift fasted?

This stuff shines when taken with carbs, like before your pre-wo meal...

Why did you lift fasted?

This stuff shines when taken with carbs, like before your pre-wo meal...
    I know I know, but I'm going to be busy all day and tonight I grabbed tickets to an alesso concert near me

While the pumps weren't as awesome , this muscle fullness is incredible - I'm already hooked!

Originally Posted by gman44 View Post
    I know I know, but I'm going to be busy all day and tonight I grabbed tickets to an alesso concert near me

While the pumps weren't as awesome , this muscle fullness is incredible - I'm already hooked!
    What do scale and mirror say?

Down another 2lbs!!! Just uploaded some pictures I took last week, so I should have those up by tonight. Just looking at myself in the mirror now, I can tell i've leaned out quite a bit, 6 pack is almost here

Also, i'm going to the gym in a few hours so get ready for an update later!

Feel free to add 40-60 grams of carbs to your current daily intake

dbone1026 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbone1026 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbone1026 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbone1026 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbone1026 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbone1026 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbone1026 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbone1026 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbone1026 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbone1026 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbone1026 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Oh $hit, completely missed this. Heard some good things about SLINTropin, interested to see how you respond before I decide if I will try
    Kenshin and Dbone's Nursing Home Adventures (ongoing) ... http://tinyurl.com/ns23wak

Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post
    Oh $hit, completely missed this. Heard some good things about SLINTropin, interested to see how you respond before I decide if I will try
    You...you.

Here we are with some before pictures (sorry for the lighting and weird angle), all taken at a BW of 184lbs, currently sitting at 177lbs
    I'll be posting a workout report once I finish up with class today.

I don't have an abs shot, but at the time these pictures were taken only the top 2 were visible, everything else was covered from my winter bulk lol

For your time

Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post
    Welcome to the log! I know you've probably never heard of Slintropin, heck you probably don't even lift, but I have a feeling you'll like it quite a bit hahaha

Looking good in the 4th pic.