Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Why fat middle-aged women can't lose weight

illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I don't think it's the fat middle-aged women's fault necessarily lol. If you were marketed even half the crap that women get marketed these days as far as diet and exercise...

I know you guys think Men's Health is derp (I actually really like it ), but open Self, or Shape sometime... you'll be like "son...".
    Last edited by illiniStrive; 03-18-2012 at 07:56 AM.

psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I blame it on spanx
    PL Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154662503

BTK!

First Meet 8/25/13 281/264/418 963 @198

5/24/14 352.5/286/462.5 1101 @242

illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by psychodiver9 View Post
    I blame it on spanx
    That too

and this guy

<3

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by FitnessCPA View Post

THIS^^^^

Most people in general rely on simple, easy exercise programs and think that's all they have to do. When they don't see results they just go "Well I guess my body just doesn't want to lose the weight and there's nothing I can do about it".

They go about their normal (poor) diet and think a few minutes of exercise will cure everything. When it doesn't, they give up and call it a day.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    It's genetics..

Lack of will power must be in their genes.

FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Tommy W. View Post
    THIS^^^^

Most people in general rely on simple, easy exercise programs and think that's all they have to do. When they don't see results they just go "Well I guess my body just doesn't want to lose the weight and there's nothing I can do about it".

They go about their normal (poor) diet and think a few minutes of exercise will cure everything. When it doesn't, they give up and call it a day.
    My mom is slightly overweight, just your average middle-aged woman. She's always talking about how she should "lose a few pounds." She'll often tell me she just eats some yogurt and cereal for breakfast and for lunch she started cutting out the pretzels or chips and instead eating fruit. I tell her that's great, but she needs to eat at a caloric deficit to lose weight and she could still eat pretzels or chips with her lunch. I said she should consider doing some squats, deadlifts, bench presses, etc. "Oh no, I can't be lifting weights, I'm too old for that." I'm not talking getting my 54 year-old mother to squat 300 pounds. Just start with the bar. Work muscles she hasn't worked in years, or maybe ever. Add in a couple of her walking videos (which are actually a great cardio workout) per week and she'd be losing weight for sure. Weight she has been saying she needs to lose for the last 15 years.

She doesn't believe Dr. Oz's bull**** or anything like that, but I think she doesn't really try because she does not understand just how easy - well, not easy, but simple - it is to lose weight. Figure out your maintenance calories and eat less than that. She could still have her scoop of ice cream after Saturday night pizza.

MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The only thing that bothers me is when girls overuse the word "toned" and never really take the steps necessary to get toned. They rely heavily on the hip adductor machine and elliptical to see results. People want instant gratification and these type of marketable exercises are deceitful making women believe they can get toned just in time for summer by doing a b and c exercises. When someone mentions the HCG diet or any other ridiculous diet I try my best not to sound like a jerk by telling them it's crap...I don't fault anyone for at least trying!
    Patience, dedication, drive.

IG: @miscfit27

My Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156836923

ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    My mom is slightly overweight, just your average middle-aged woman. She's always talking about how she should "lose a few pounds." She'll often tell me she just eats some yogurt and cereal for breakfast and for lunch she started cutting out the pretzels or chips and instead eating fruit. I tell her that's great, but she needs to eat at a caloric deficit to lose weight and she could still eat pretzels or chips with her lunch. I said she should consider doing some squats, deadlifts, bench presses, etc. "Oh no, I can't be lifting weights, I'm too old for that." I'm not talking getting my 54 year-old mother to squat 300 pounds. Just start with the bar. Work muscles she hasn't worked in years, or maybe ever. Add in a couple of her walking videos (which are actually a great cardio workout) per week and she'd be losing weight for sure. Weight she has been saying she needs to lose for the last 15 years.
    My mom was the exact same way but I finally got here to train with me this year. She's 60 years old and she's lost 6lbs in 6 weeks by training with me 3x per week and watching her portion sizes. She's not very overweight either but she was unhappy with her body composition. It's so cool to see my mom get the kind of results she's getting while doing deadlifts and squats (past parallel!). It's never "too late", you just have to work a little bit harder and the average housewife is not willing to bust their ass as much as they need to.
    "Nutrition for powerlifting: If you are serious about it, you will eat f*cking everything and get strong as $hit." - HamburgerTrain
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163165741

MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ErickStevens View Post
    My mom was the exact same way but I finally got here to train with me this year. She's 60 years old and she's lost 6lbs in 6 weeks by training with me 3x per week and watching her portion sizes. She's not very overweight either but she was unhappy with her body composition. It's so cool to see my mom get the kind of results she's getting while doing deadlifts and squats (past parallel!). It's never "too late", you just have to work a little bit harder and the average housewife is not willing to bust their ass as much as they need to.
    That's very inspiring. My mom is overweight and falls for the fad diets and magic pills. It makes me sad and I try to tell her what she needs to eat and what type of exercise is best and she keeps saying, "one day I'm going to look like you!" I want to help so bad but can't help if she doesn't want to help herself. My greatest accomplishment would be seeing both of my parents healthy and in shape, and know I was the one that inspired them. Good job helping your mom like that!! Now if I can just do the same...

My Log:

That is great. If my mom lost 10 lbs she'd be ecstatic. And I have a feeling she'd then be motivated and keep going and maybe lose the 20 she claims she needs to lose.

I work out at home, which is 45 minutes from my parents' house, but I should get her over here on a Saturday or Sunday and try to get her do deadlifts and squats with the bar.

Originally Posted by MiscDemeanor View Post
    That's very inspiring. My mom is overweight and falls for the fad diets and magic pills. It makes me sad and I try to tell her what she needs to eat and what type of exercise is best and she keeps saying, "one day I'm going to look like you!" I want to help so bad but can't help if she doesn't want to help herself. My greatest accomplishment would be seeing both of my parents healthy and in shape, and know I was the one that inspired them. Good job helping your mom like that!! Now if I can just do the same...
    Well said. I would love to do the same. Both of my parents are in pretty good health. My mom is in blood pressure medication but even if she doesn't take it, her BP doesn't get astronomical or anything. Both her parents have it, and three of her grandparents had it. If she lost that 20 pounds she wants to lose maybe she would not need it at all. I had borderline high BP when I weighed a fat 195, but now it's right in the middle of the normal range. 124/78 last doctor check-up. Exercise and weight management works wonders.

Well said. I would love to do the same. Both of my parents are in pretty good health. My mom is in blood pressure medication but even if she doesn't take it, her BP doesn't get astronomical or anything. Both her parents have it, and three of her grandparents had it. If she lost that 20 pounds she wants to lose maybe she would not need it at all. I had borderline high BP when I weighed a fat 195, but now it's right in the middle of the normal range. 124/78 last doctor check-up. Exercise and weight management works wonders.
    I have you to thank for helping me get the courage to talk with both of them. If they tell me one more time that their blood pressure is going up and cholesterol...I'm just gonna....AAGGHH!! It's just that people are seriously uneducated about health in general. They have no clue what it takes to actually see results and they never stick with it long enough to know it works! I just try to give people any kind of advice I have because the problem is ignorance. I don't expect people to read a book about health or randomly google health related topics but at least know that fad diets and marketable type exercise videos such as this one are not going to get them any where. They set themselves up for failure and when they fail they blame it on genetics! If we can just help one person at a time...I'm going to start with my parents. Oh and measley reps on recharge

My Log:

snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    ^^^^^strong posting by this one recently

on rc
    AAU World SJ Powerlifting Champion, 2014

Owner/Founder of StrongerYou Personal Training

BTK-no excuses

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    My mom is 77 and a total gym rat still. Tight diet too. She started at 24 and has never let up.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

^Wow, that's awesome and inspiring.

I hope to be squatting, benching, and deadlifting for a loooooong time.

Originally Posted by snrygo View Post
    ^^^^^strong posting by this one recently

on rc
    whiteknight/10

unofficial welcome to nutmisc MiscDemeanor
    Last edited by illiniStrive; 03-18-2012 at 11:55 AM.

snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by illiniStrive View Post
    ^
    whiteknight/10
    with everything that I do now IRL, I don't need to WK lol.

BTK-no excuses

spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Tommy W. View Post
    My mom is 77 and a total gym rat still. Tight diet too. She started at 24 and has never let up.

That is freaking awesome!!

My mom is only 60 and she is stuck in the "im too old" mentality.... makes me sad because I know that mentality will shorten her life and the time my future children get to spend with her.

Agree! Need more estrogen around here!
    What's Spicy Training For?? LIFE MOTHER F-ER!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155227363

whiteknight/10

Originally Posted by spicyprice View Post
    Agree! Need more estrogen around here!
    LOL at whiteknight comment and thanks!! The nut misc seems pretty cool

My Log:

If you wanna see some real hard WKing, make a thread in TMisc or big misc.

Link it here for the lulz

BTK-no excuses

Originally Posted by snrygo View Post
    If you wanna see some real hard WKing, make a thread in TMisc or big misc.

Link it here for the lulz
    I'd be begging for attention if I posted in the misc. At least that's the impression I get when I see most girls post there. Sorry I can't provide spoon pics for them lol. I'm a long time lurker so I'm a little too aware of how it works...

Originally Posted by SOJA View Post
    The names of those aerobics. Ugh, hello 1980s.

You guys need to learn how to act around a woman. Maybe that's why some of you are alone? MiscDeamenor, it's really hard to help someone desert their old ways. It's a form of stubbornness, but eventually they let go.
    I agree that it's hard to make an adjustment especially when it's your body making the changes. I had a friend that used to complain that she was fat and just wanted to get toned. I told her what she needed to do but when she began eating all the time and gaining weight I knew she wasn't ready. It's a commitment to the lifestyle and most average people just aren't ready. If only it were as easy as flipping the on switch. Btw since cutting I really like the acronym IIFYM in your sig

My Log:

HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Vids of 60 year old woman squatting past parallel or negs.
    IIFYM - not even once.

www.AlanAragon.com

dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by SOJA View Post
    The names of those aerobics. Ugh, hello 1980s.
    I was doing those leg lifts in the video when I was in high school, circa 1978. Hundreds of them. They didn't do sh*t then, I'm pretty sure they don't do sh*t now They literally haven't changed the crap that's in women's magazines in the past 35 years. So sad.
    "Eat some oatmeal, do some squats, how hard is that seriously."--Prof Ham
    ..............................................................................
    Team Cookies Give You Superpowers
    ...............................................................................
    For the lulz and an occasional intelligent thought, plus pics:

http://musclemilkisnotaeuphemism.blogspot.com/

necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I honestly don't blame anyone for following bad advice, under the misguided impression that it's actually good. There is just such a huge amount of poor info out there, that the vast majority of people have no hope of knowing what's what.

Admittedly the basics of weight loss are simple to understand. But trying to determine what is real & what is just well written horsesh*t isn't easy for your average Joe or Jane. Especially when it is made to sound as enticing as it does.

That's why I'm thankful to have actually found the right advice & information over the years, as well as possessing the critical thinking ability to identify the good from bad.

And I can actually remember my mother doing those Richard Simmons workouts when I was about 5! Everything about the 80's is awesome. In either a tragic, or fantastic way.

Azrairc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azrairc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azrairc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azrairc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azrairc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azrairc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azrairc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azrairc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azrairc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azrairc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azrairc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Am I the only one who finds it useless trying to give people fat loss advice? People will ask me for advice. I try to explain that it boils down to calories in and calories out and heavy lifting is favorable over cardio. Yet I get bertstare.jpg followed by questioning of this simple concept which eventually leads to a sense of disregard from them, as if they think I have no idea what I am talking about. Really annoys me..

necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Azrairc View Post
    Am I the only one who finds it useless trying to give people fat loss advice? People will ask me for advice. I try to explain that it boils down to calories in and calories out and heavy lifting is favorable over cardio. Yet I get bertstare.jpg followed by questioning of this simple concept which eventually leads to a sense of disregard from them, as if they think I have no idea what I am talking about. Really annoys me..
    There's a very simple way to avoid wasting your time.

If someone asks for your help, tell them that the first thing they need to do is keep a record of everything they eat & drink for a week.

If they aren't willing to do that, you can almost guarantee that they're not serious enough about change to follow through with a diet or routine that you set up for them.

I honestly don't speak to anyone about anything nutrition-related or fitness-related anymore. Especially since I'm not a walking Jennifer Nicole Lee either. It's hard to work against what so much of the media has ingrained into people's heads. Like necon76 said, it's not really their fault that even proclaimed experts in their field (celebrity trainers, doctors, fitness models) are all preaching the same thing. But it's also not your responsibility undo that either. Just say if they want genuine advice they have to pay for it

Azrairc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azrairc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azrairc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azrairc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azrairc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azrairc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azrairc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azrairc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azrairc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azrairc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azrairc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I agree, I know if someone is too lazy to weigh their food and count their calories they are not serious and that they do not have what it takes anyways.

They will usually follow up with a question such as "whats the best exercise to get abs or to burn fat?" after they give me whatever pathetic bs excuse for how inconvenient counting calories would be.
    Last edited by Azrairc; 03-18-2012 at 06:25 PM.

spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I agree, I know if someone is too lazy to weigh their food and count their calories they are not serious and that they do not have what it takes anyways.

They will usually follow up with a question such as "whats the best exercise to get abs or to burn fat?" after they give me whatever pathetic bs excuse for how inconvenient counting calories would be.
    Counting calories is one thing but I think for many weighing food is totally unnecessary. cups, spoons and using general comparisons for meat (deck of cards for a single serving) are simple tools that anyone who wants to improve themselves without becoming anal can use.
    What's Spicy Training For?? LIFE MOTHER F-ER!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155227363

Originally Posted by spicyprice View Post
    Counting calories is one thing but I think for many weighing food is totally unnecessary. cups, spoons and using general comparisons for meat (deck of cards for a single serving) are simple tools that anyone who wants to improve themselves without becoming anal can use.
    I think stuff like meat, nuts, cheese, ice cream, peanut butter, cereal I think should be weighed. I mean we all have probably have pretty good idea of how much 1oz of cashews are but for the average person its not a thing to scoff down half the can lol. Especially cereal, one full bowl is probably 2 maybe 3 servings.. but I bet people eating it contains only 130 calories or w/e the box says.