Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Azrairc View Post
    I think stuff like meat, nuts, cheese, ice cream, peanut butter, cereal I think should be weighed. I mean we all have probably have pretty good idea of how much 1oz of cashews are but for the average person its not a thing to scoff down half the can lol. Especially cereal, one full bowl is probably 2 maybe 3 servings.. but I bet people eating it contains only 130 calories or w/e the box says.
    Meh, I'll disagree only because it can be a little impractical to tell the average person they need to weigh everything to be successful. I mean, I'm a student with probably the most freetime I'll ever have and even for me it's a pain in the ass. Once a person gets a general understanding of how much they eat, if they want to lose they just need to eat less than that. Just getting someone more aware of what goes into their mouth is half the battle in a lot of cases.

spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Azrairc View Post
    I think stuff like meat, nuts, cheese, ice cream, peanut butter, cereal I think should be weighed. I mean we all have probably have pretty good idea of how much 1oz of cashews are but for the average person its not a thing to scoff down half the can lol. Especially cereal, one full bowl is probably 2 maybe 3 servings.. but I bet people eating it contains only 130 calories or w/e the box says.
    The they arent measuring, they are randomly guessing. Here is a great website with descriptions/comparisons. http://www.fitsugar.com/What-Serving...ok-Like-762806

Knowing the exact weight of something doesnt matter so much, being off 50 cals isnt going to make someone NOT lose weight. Getting someone started on a path that they can maintain for life is about keeping it simple. If they arent losing weight, then then they should reassess how honest they are about serving sizes and tracking.

I personally wish I had never weighed any food. Its a mental %^& that is not necessary, IMO. yet..... I still do it.
    What's Spicy Training For?? LIFE MOTHER F-ER!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155227363

Azrairc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azrairc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azrairc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azrairc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azrairc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azrairc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azrairc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azrairc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azrairc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azrairc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azrairc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by spicyprice View Post
    The they arent measuring, they are randomly guessing. Here is a great website with descriptions/comparisons. http://www.fitsugar.com/What-Serving...ok-Like-762806

Knowing the exact weight of something doesnt matter so much, being off 50 cals isnt going to make someone NOT lose weight. Getting someone started on a path that they can maintain for life is about keeping it simple. If they arent losing weight, then then they should reassess how honest they are about serving sizes and tracking.

I personally wish I had never weighed any food. Its a mental %^& that is not necessary, IMO. yet..... I still do it.
    Me too, It doesn't bother me as much to weigh. I just like to be anal about it haha.. and I agree, people who generally try to "eat healthier" if we believe in that term, will get some initial success probably even if they don't measure food because they will likely be eating foods with less caloric density. Although they may be lost when they plateau if they don't understand the basic concept of calories in vs out. With that being said after thinking more about weighing food I agree that it is probably not essential to do but you should at least measure and avoid guessing until you have a good idea of what a particular serving looks like.

jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You're counting calories, not counting cards. I honestly don't see what the fuss is about. Remember in Kindergarten when you were adding numbers in the 1's and 10's? Well counting calories is the same thing, except you're adding numbers in the 100's and 1000's
    The more that you read, the more things you'll know.
    The more that you learn, the more places you'll go.

Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149723023

illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by jammyo40 View Post
    You're counting calories, not counting cards. I honestly don't see what the fuss is about. Remember in Kindergarten when you were adding numbers in the 1's and 10's? Well counting calories is the same thing, except you're adding numbers in the 100's and 1000's
    Don't mean a durn thing if there's no relation to what the person actually eats. Hence why you get skinny teens claiming they eat 5000 calories a day and aren't gaining and have overweight people claiming they eat 1200 calories a day and aren't losing.

PeppersGhost is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PeppersGhost is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PeppersGhost is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PeppersGhost is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PeppersGhost is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PeppersGhost is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PeppersGhost is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PeppersGhost is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PeppersGhost is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PeppersGhost is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PeppersGhost is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by FitnessCPA View Post
    My mom is slightly overweight, just your average middle-aged woman. She's always talking about how she should "lose a few pounds." She'll often tell me she just eats some yogurt and cereal for breakfast and for lunch she started cutting out the pretzels or chips and instead eating fruit. I tell her that's great, but she needs to eat at a caloric deficit to lose weight and she could still eat pretzels or chips with her lunch. I said she should consider doing some squats, deadlifts, bench presses, etc. "Oh no, I can't be lifting weights, I'm too old for that." I'm not talking getting my 54 year-old mother to squat 300 pounds. Just start with the bar. Work muscles she hasn't worked in years, or maybe ever. Add in a couple of her walking videos (which are actually a great cardio workout) per week and she'd be losing weight for sure. Weight she has been saying she needs to lose for the last 15 years.
    my mom is like that too. but between her job and taking care of my nearly incapacitated dad with his meds and house chores and the like, i dont think she has the time, energy, or the will to body recomp. id like to be able to help her, but at this stage, her just being happy is the most important thing
    i have bested fruit, spike, and moon

MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Does anyone here use MyFitnessPal to track calories/macros?
    Patience, dedication, drive.

IG: @miscfit27

My Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156836923

occasional visitor stephanielynn76's Avatar
    stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by FitnessCPA View Post
    They do this ****:
    Werd...

Originally Posted by MiscDemeanor View Post
    The only thing that bothers me is when girls overuse the word "toned" ...
    My client the other day commented on how "toned" I am. While I know the average person would see that as a compliment... I find it annoying. I am not "toned" ... I have worked hard to gain lean muscle and am now disciplining myself by consuming the proper diet to lower my body fat once again. I don't wanna hear that "toned" crap!

occasional visitor stephanielynn76's Avatar
    stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I do...

spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Fitday PC here. And before that I did the daily plate.

No Bull**** Bodybuilding greekmanman's Avatar
    greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    yes; Iphone app as well
    Admin @ No Bull**** Bodybuilding: ********.com/nobull****bodybuildingverified

Admin @ No Stress Nutrition

Admin @ Hollywood's Rabid Cage: ********.com/groups/309091175828038/

Live, laugh, love and above all, please stay safe~

FBTK gives you facials.

http://instagram.com/edmaestheticss

MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by stephanielynn76 View Post
    I do...
    Originally Posted by greekmanman View Post
    yes; Iphone app as well
    Awesome!!! I use it on my iPhone...when I see the pie chart at 40/40/20 I'm like eff yeah...like a boss

My Log:

Originally Posted by spicyprice View Post
    Fitday PC here. And before that I did the daily plate.
    livestrong.com here

Originally Posted by stephanielynn76 View Post
    Werd...

My client the other day commented on how "toned" I am. While I know the average person would see that as a compliment... I find it annoying. I am not "toned" ... I have worked hard to gain lean muscle and am now disciplining myself by consuming the proper diet to lower my body fat once again. I don't wanna hear that "toned" crap!
    At least she used the word correctly! I only get annoyed when it's used as a verb, since the verb form of toning (as it relates to muscles) doesn't exist

snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    yep
    Originally Posted by greekmanman View Post
    yes; Iphone app as well
    and this
    Awesome!!! I use it on my iPhone...when I see the pie chart at 40/40/20 I'm like eff yeah...like a boss
    uhm, are youseriously using percentages?
    AAU World SJ Powerlifting Champion, 2014

Owner/Founder of StrongerYou Personal Training

BTK-no excuses

Originally Posted by snrygo View Post
    uhm, are youseriously using percentages?
    It's helping me keep track of everything better so why not? I actually hit everything almost spot on yesterday as far as grams go...

My Log:

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by illiniStrive View Post
    since the verb form of toning (as it relates to muscles) doesn't exist
    Well, it is in the dictionary, so....

The funny thing at my work is, they put a "gym" in a while back. Quite a few middle aged women have been using it quite regularly, and I have noticed that some of them now eat a lot more, to overcompensate for the calories burned. I guess working out makes them really really hungry, have seen a few get quite larger.
    2 time survivor of The Great Misc Outages of 2022

Survivor of PHP/API Outage of Feb 2023

♚ Elected V.P. - R/P ♚ sawoobley's Avatar
    sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by desslok View Post

The funny thing at my work is, they put a "gym" in a while back. Quite a few middle aged women have been using it quite regularly, and I have noticed that some of them now eat a lot more, to overcompensate for the calories burned. I guess working out makes them really really hungry, have seen a few get quite larger.
    Fulking

snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    It's helping me keep track of everything better so why not? I actually hit everything almost spot on yesterday as far as grams go...
    As long as you are focusing on minimums and filling the rest with wutevs, nothing wrong with it
    AAU World SJ Powerlifting Champion, 2014

Owner/Founder of StrongerYou Personal Training

BTK-no excuses

Originally Posted by desslok View Post
    Note I said "as it relates to muscles," so...

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by illiniStrive View Post
    Note I said "as it relates to muscles," so...
    From The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition copyright ©2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Updated in 2009. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved:

" v. toned, ton·ing, tones v.tr.
    4. To make firmer or stronger. Often used with up: exercises that tone up the body."

2 time survivor of The Great Misc Outages of 2022

Survivor of PHP/API Outage of Feb 2023

Oxford English Dictionary, my friend. Best of the best:
    http://www.oed.com/view/Entry/203152...G.87U&d=203152
    I.
    1. trans. Music.
    †a. To sound with the proper tone or musical quality; to intone. Obs.
    b. To give a good or proper tone to.

2. intr. To issue forth in musical tones. rare.

3. trans. To utter with a musical sound, or in a special or affected tone; to intone.

†4. To lay the accent or stress upon, to accent (a word or syllable). Obs.

II.
    a. To alter or modify the tone or general colouring of; to give the desired tone to (also const. down: cf sense 6b); spec. (a) To cover (a painting) with oil or varnish so as to soften the colouring; (b) To alter the tone or tint of (a photograph) in the process of finishing it. Also absol.
    b. intr. To receive or assume a tone, tint, or shade of colour; esp. in Photogr.
    c. To harmonize with in colouring. Also with in and without const.

III.
    a. trans. To impart a tone to (in various senses of the n.); to modify, regulate, or adjust the tone or quality of; to give physical or mental tone to, to brace.
    b. tone down, to lower the tone, quality, or character of; to soften, make less emphatic. tone up, to raise or improve the tone of, to give a higher or stronger tone to.
    c. intr. for pass. tone down, to become lowered, weakened, or softened in tone; tone up, to rise or improve in tone.
    d. The vb.-stem in Comb. ˈtone-up n. an act or means of raising to a higher tone; a strengthening or improvement.
    Not sure why you're arguing semantics though when we both know that toning exercises are utter bull

Can you use the word in context of muscles? Sure. I can also say my muscles are happy or sad... that doesn't mean they are actually getting happier or sadder.

Hey GUIZE!!! I think I found a couple ways to help teh ladies!!

Plus, they were on sale at Ross!!!<3

tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I have a lady friend who was only doing cardio. I sometimes workout where she does and put here on a very basic weight lifting program of 2-3 days per week. Very basic and its all the time she has. I dont think I know much about the sport but would like to think I know enough where I feel I could give someone basic instruction.

So I guess this lady trainer (very out of shape btw) asks her another time if I was her trainer, she says no. Well guess the trainer was listening to my instruction of just giving her a 3x10/12 sort of layout. The trainer tells my friend I was doing it wrong. Men need to start with lighter weight and pyramid down, and women need to start with heavier weight and pyramid up.
    Used to be fat, now just fat with a lot of muscle.

come check out my latest log: Layne Nortons Carbon line http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169447773

Jane1970 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jane1970 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jane1970 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jane1970 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jane1970 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jane1970 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jane1970 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jane1970 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jane1970 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jane1970 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jane1970 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by BBqChicken1 View Post
    It's genetics..

Lack of will power must be in their genes.
    I believe that is an incredibly inaccurate generalization on your part. Sure, there are probably many women that do lack the necessary will power...there are just as many men that mirror this behavior so I do not believe that it is a difference in the genetic make up of a woman and a man that causes a lack of will power. If that were so, we would be working on isolating this particular will power gene so that we could find a cure. Then, no woman or man would be overweight. No child would be overweight and Ms. Obama could spend her energies in areas in much greater need than creating school lunches that our children will not even eat.

I signed onto this thread to find sound information. A back injury required over a year of bedrest with minor physical therapy daily. I was pumped full of steroids in order to heal. Almost no physical activity and steroids combined with my healthy diet still resulted in a 45 pound gain in that year. When I was up and around, I was not 100% and continued to gain even though simple and safe exercises were introduced. In the following 8 months, I gained another 25 pounds. Finally, I was able to return to work and continue building my life up to my original activity level, which had always kept me trim. I was finally off of the steroids. I did lose about 20 of the 70 I gained.

After I had been working about 5 months, I was in a severe car accident. The cervical, thoracic and lower lumbar injuries were pretty extensive. I had also injured both knees when they were punched through the dash of my car. This put me in bed for another 8 months. There were more steroids and my doctor put me on a medication to help with sleep...Seroquel...which actually causes weight gain, too.

My doctor wanted to procede with epidurals and shots up each side of my spine twice a month for six months. WILL POWER IS SAYING I CAN HEAL FROM THIS WITHOUT NEEDLES and then doing minor physical therapy everyday. My doctor also recommended surgery for my left knee and lower lumbar. WILL POWER IS SAYING I CAN HEAL FROM THIS WITHOUT THE USE OF A KNIFE. I worked out in bed as much as I was able. Then when I could sit up, I worked myknees and ankles. Then when I could stand, I worked my body as it allowed me.

All in all, I am now 100 pounds over weight. I am finally off of all medications that cause weight gain. That in itself was a huge victory between my neurologist, my rheumotologist, my orthopedist, my gastroenterologist, my pediatrist and my family doctor. FINALLY, I take 3 pills a day.

So, I am certain that you can see why I would find your generalization offensive.

I need encouragement, some healthy guidance and a community that will allow me to get back to lifting. Any reason you can think of why I might have gained 100 pounds other than lack of will power? Can you possibly provide any advice based upon your expert opinion?

VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    strong 2 year bump for sarcastic post
    "Learn from Yesterday, Live for Today, Hope for Tomorrow"

MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Jane1970 View Post
    I believe that is an incredibly inaccurate generalization on your part. Sure, there are probably many women that do lack the necessary will power...there are just as many men that mirror this behavior so I do not believe that it is a difference in the genetic make up of a woman and a man that causes a lack of will power. If that were so, we would be working on isolating this particular will power gene so that we could find a cure. Then, no woman or man would be overweight. No child would be overweight and Ms. Obama could spend her energies in areas in much greater need than creating school lunches that our children will not even eat.

I signed onto this thread to find sound information. A back injury required over a year of bedrest with minor physical therapy daily. I was pumped full of steroids in order to heal. Almost no physical activity and steroids combined with my healthy diet still resulted in a 45 pound gain in that year. When I was up and around, I was not 100% and continued to gain even though simple and safe exercises were introduced. In the following 8 months, I gained another 25 pounds. Finally, I was able to return to work and continue building my life up to my original activity level, which had always kept me trim. I was finally off of the steroids. I did lose about 20 of the 70 I gained.

After I had been working about 5 months, I was in a severe car accident. The cervical, thoracic and lower lumbar injuries were pretty extensive. I had also injured both knees when they were punched through the dash of my car. This put me in bed for another 8 months. There were more steroids and my doctor put me on a medication to help with sleep...Seroquel...which actually causes weight gain, too.

My doctor wanted to procede with epidurals and shots up each side of my spine twice a month for six months. WILL POWER IS SAYING I CAN HEAL FROM THIS WITHOUT NEEDLES and then doing minor physical therapy everyday. My doctor also recommended surgery for my left knee and lower lumbar. WILL POWER IS SAYING I CAN HEAL FROM THIS WITHOUT THE USE OF A KNIFE. I worked out in bed as much as I was able. Then when I could sit up, I worked myknees and ankles. Then when I could stand, I worked my body as it allowed me.

All in all, I am now 100 pounds over weight. I am finally off of all medications that cause weight gain. That in itself was a huge victory between my neurologist, my rheumotologist, my orthopedist, my gastroenterologist, my pediatrist and my family doctor. FINALLY, I take 3 pills a day.

So, I am certain that you can see why I would find your generalization offensive.

I need encouragement, some healthy guidance and a community that will allow me to get back to lifting. Any reason you can think of why I might have gained 100 pounds other than lack of will power? Can you possibly provide any advice based upon your expert opinion?
    Perhaps before jumping in balls first (on any topic or forum), you might take a little bit of time to acclimate and familiarize yourself with how things work [in a given unfamiliar environment]. This is the misc subsection in the Nutrition section of the forums.

If you had bothered to look around at pretty much ANY of the other threads in this section, you would have likely noticed a lack of serious demeanor.

If you had even read the text under the forum heading you might even have gotten it, or at least thought to have a look around for a few minutes before posting.

"
    Nutrition Misc

For off topic conversation. Keep it clean. (italic emphasis added).

PS: strong 2 year bump for sarcastic post
    "It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.”

― Mark Twain

necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Jane1970 View Post

Delirious Mutant.

Jane1970 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jane1970 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jane1970 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jane1970 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jane1970 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jane1970 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jane1970 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jane1970 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jane1970 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jane1970 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jane1970 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by MetilHed View Post
    Perhaps before jumping in balls first (on any topic or forum), you might take a little bit of time to acclimate and familiarize yourself with how things work [in a given unfamiliar environment]. This is the misc subsection in the Nutrition section of the forums.

If you had bothered to look around at pretty much ANY of the other threads in this section, you would have likely noticed a lack of serious demeanor.

If you had even read the text under the forum heading you might even have gotten it, or at least thought to have a look around for a few minutes before posting.

"
    Nutrition Misc

For off topic conversation. Keep it clean. (italic emphasis added).

PS: strong 2 year bump for sarcastic post
    Actually, I have been all over the forums and the site for a couple of weeks now. That is why I decided to join, but thank you.

I was formulating a response under a thread entitled "Why fat middle-aged women can't lose weight" under nutrition/misc. nutrition. I opened the thread because I thought that there would be great information on nutrition, suppliments, detoxing, etc.

I happened upon this open gender stereotype regarding women and their lack of the gene that creates will power. This type of thinking takes us back to the Cro-Magnon days where men carried clubs and pulled their women around by their hair. I see many women on the site who clearly smash this stereotype into ash. I may not have my previous build. However, I do not lack in sharpness of mind and could not ignore what the statement implied.

I only shared my personal story so that the poster could see that all middle-aged fat women are not in their current state of health by any choice of their own. Anyone who has ever had a serious sports injury could clearly understand that coming back from an injury can often be harder than it was getting there the first time.

I am not usually sarcastic, but pain can make you pissy at times. He struck a nerve so I laid my thoughts out there.

themonkay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themonkay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themonkay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themonkay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themonkay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themonkay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themonkay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themonkay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themonkay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themonkay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themonkay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ^^^^^^^^^^ You responded to a very old post by someone who was being sarcastic, and someone who is now banned.

Sorry to hear about all your trouble in recent times and I hope things work out for you
    ig: @monkaycrak

Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173015051

5/7/16 Meet Results: 391/237/534 @ 161.

9/24/16 Meet Results: 402/242/528 @ 159.

3/18/17 Meet Results: 402/253/545 @ 163.

Originally Posted by themonkay View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^ You responded to a very old post by someone who was being sarcastic, and someone who is now banned.

Sorry to hear about all your trouble in recent times and I hope things work out for you
    Thank you so very much. A little encouragement can go a long way and I really appreciate you.