Peach1991 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How much cardio can I do?

I'm trying to loose weight and I would like to know how much cardio I can dog before it starts getting unhealthy for me or if I start loosing too much muscle? I'm training a 3-split bodybuilding workout, with HIIT after workout on day 1, middle-intensity cardio on crosstrainer on day 2 and no cardio on day 3. I bicycle a good 10 km every evening, and the first 3 days in my split every week I do 10 reps of an exercise I don't know the name of (I jump down on my stomach and back up standing and jump up with my arms in the air and repeat) 10 times and jump 80 small jumps on the spot between every set and every exercise in my workout, wich bumps the time up in the gym to 2,5-3 hours.

Is this too much? I have already lost 10 pounds over the last couple of months, I got sore in gthe beginning but its not that bad anymore, I just thought it might be a little much, so I'm asking now.

Thanks a lot

Peach

gloria7 is a name known to all. (+5000) gloria7 is a name known to all. (+5000) gloria7 is a name known to all. (+5000) gloria7 is a name known to all. (+5000) gloria7 is a name known to all. (+5000) gloria7 is a name known to all. (+5000) gloria7 is a name known to all. (+5000) gloria7 is a name known to all. (+5000) gloria7 is a name known to all. (+5000) gloria7 is a name known to all. (+5000) gloria7 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    What are your stats? How many calories are you eating? what are your macros? How do you feel in general?

Originally Posted by gloria7 View Post
    What are your stats? How many calories are you eating? what are your macros? How do you feel in general?
    I'm 21 years old, 176 cm tall, 93 kg. I eat about 2400 cal a day, about 200 grams of protein, I don't know fats but I get a decent amount and then I don't eat many carbs, and I feel fine, I have energy to do what I usually do since I started dieting.

gloria7 is a name known to all. (+5000) gloria7 is a name known to all. (+5000) gloria7 is a name known to all. (+5000) gloria7 is a name known to all. (+5000) gloria7 is a name known to all. (+5000) gloria7 is a name known to all. (+5000) gloria7 is a name known to all. (+5000) gloria7 is a name known to all. (+5000) gloria7 is a name known to all. (+5000) gloria7 is a name known to all. (+5000) gloria7 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Imo spending 3 hours in the gym is too much, but regarding cardio if you don't feel dizzy and your energy levels are fine, keep doing what you are doing.

Okay thankyou. The hole 2,5-3 hours I'm swetting and doing something, so I don't think I waste any time, I think I get a really effective workout and I feel great afterwards, so I will continue what I'm doing then.

mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    point is, you don't have to spend 3 hours in the gym while dieting.

You can dial down the diet and reduce training time, which opens time for other stuff like hobbies, family, other obligations, etc.

Now if you have nothing else going on and you enjoy training that much, by all means go for it. One issue you can run into though is the affects of inflammation, massive water retention, and what appears to be no scale/visual progress whatsoever because of the water gains, due to high training volumes/intensities while trying to diet.

LiftHeavy3400 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LiftHeavy3400 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LiftHeavy3400 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LiftHeavy3400 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LiftHeavy3400 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LiftHeavy3400 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LiftHeavy3400 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LiftHeavy3400 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LiftHeavy3400 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LiftHeavy3400 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    it sort of depends wether you'd rather create a large calorie deficit or do more cardio.... if you do both then your defintily gonna be losing weight too fast but yeah just look at your overall calorie expenditure throughout the day so you can measure the deficit.

Originally Posted by mpipes View Post
    point is, you don't have to spend 3 hours in the gym while dieting.

You can dial down the diet and reduce training time, which opens time for other stuff like hobbies, family, other obligations, etc.

Now if you have nothing else going on and you enjoy training that much, by all means go for it. One issue you can run into though is the affects of inflammation, massive water retention, and what appears to be no scale/visual progress whatsoever because of the water gains, due to high training volumes/intensities while trying to diet.
    Thankyou for helping me, I have all the time I want to training, but I don't understand that about massive water retention, I didn't know that could happen because of a lot of training, or is it the combination of training and dieting that can cause it?

Originally Posted by LiftHeavy3400 View Post
    it sort of depends wether you'd rather create a large calorie deficit or do more cardio.... if you do both then your defintily gonna be losing weight too fast but yeah just look at your overall calorie expenditure throughout the day so you can measure the deficit.
    I'm trying to keep a little calorie dificit and then do a lot of cardio, I will try to keep an eye on the scale and adjust what I eat over the next couple of weeks

ShaunJ1380 is just really nice. (+1000) ShaunJ1380 is just really nice. (+1000) ShaunJ1380 is just really nice. (+1000) ShaunJ1380 is just really nice. (+1000) ShaunJ1380 is just really nice. (+1000) ShaunJ1380 is just really nice. (+1000) ShaunJ1380 is just really nice. (+1000) ShaunJ1380 is just really nice. (+1000) ShaunJ1380 is just really nice. (+1000) ShaunJ1380 is just really nice. (+1000) ShaunJ1380 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I think you just have to listen to your body. That's what I do and it's working out fine. I found that I like to eat and I have free time, so cutting down a lot of calories didn't sound as much fun as tossing in some more cardio.

So I kept eating the same amount and started doing 2 more days of cardio. I'm still losing at 2lb a week and I feel great. I'm also still increasing weights in the gym so I'm getting stronger. Being a newbie FTW!

I lift for about an hour 3 times a week and do HIIT at the end of my lifts for about 20 minutes. I also do cardio for about 40 minutes twice a week. So a total of 5 workout days and two rest.

But I could easily cut out the 2 cardio days and dial my calories down if I wanted. I just like eating!

Originally Posted by ShaunJ1380 View Post
    I think you just have to listen to your body. That's what I do and it's working out fine. I found that I like to eat and I have free time, so cutting down a lot of calories didn't sound as much fun as tossing in some more cardio.

So I kept eating the same amount and started doing 2 more days of cardio. I'm still losing at 2lb a week and I feel great. I'm also still increasing weights in the gym so I'm getting stronger. Being a newbie FTW!

I lift for about an hour 3 times a week and do HIIT at the end of my lifts for about 20 minutes. I also do cardio for about 40 minutes twice a week. So a total of 5 workout days and two rest.

But I could easily cut out the 2 cardio days and dial my calories down if I wanted. I just like eating!
    And I want to get in good shape both visually and cardio wise, thats why I want all that cardio, so we're doing something alike

Do anyone know if there is starch in parsnip? I'm trying to get rid of the starch in my diet, I have read that it should be a good thing to do, I know there are starch in bread and potatoes, I don't eat potatoes and I will stop eating bread (rye bread, I'm danish) when I run out of of it.

My diet looks like this:

Morning: salat with tomato, tuna and olive oil dressing

Post workout: Proteinshake with sugar

Mid-day: 4 egg whites and a hole egg

Afternoon: One slice of rye bread with cod roe

Dinner: Turkey/chicken/fish with root crops

Before bed: A ptroteinshake

Does anyone know if there are starch in any of that besides the ryebread?