DenMMartin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Losing lower stomach & Back fat?

I'm 17, and I am in weight training and I run track for my high school. I'm 5'8 and I weigh 155, and I can't lose my lower stomach fat or lower back fat. I do have abs, but you can't see the lower ones due to the fat, but the upper abs are toned and noticable. I was wondering what the best way to lose the extra fat is, because I already run 3.5 miles Monday-Thursday for track, and I am in weight training. Any good ideas? It's not like excessive fat, just a small amount that is irritating when I don't have fat anywhere else.

Also, it's funny because I want to decrease my stomach, but at the same time I'm trying to get bigger arms. So I'm kinda hesitant to take in a lot of protein.

Ra1k1r1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ra1k1r1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ra1k1r1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ra1k1r1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ra1k1r1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ra1k1r1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ra1k1r1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ra1k1r1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ra1k1r1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ra1k1r1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ra1k1r1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by DenMMartin View Post
    Also, it's funny because I want to decrease my stomach, but at the same time I'm trying to get bigger arms. So I'm kinda hesitant to take in a lot of protein.
    That makes zero sense.

Eat at a deficit, get 1g of protein per lb of lean mass. It's really that simple.

Originally Posted by Ra1k1r1 View Post
    That makes zero sense.

Eat at a deficit, get 1g of protein per lb of lean mass. It's really that simple.
    I was told by a guy in the gym that if you take in too much protein it turns into fat? I'm guessing that's not true?

Backhand will become famous soon enough. (+50) Backhand will become famous soon enough. (+50) Backhand will become famous soon enough. (+50) Backhand will become famous soon enough. (+50) Backhand will become famous soon enough. (+50) Backhand will become famous soon enough. (+50) Backhand will become famous soon enough. (+50) Backhand will become famous soon enough. (+50) Backhand will become famous soon enough. (+50) Backhand will become famous soon enough. (+50) Backhand will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I was told by a guy in the gym that if you take in too much protein it turns into fat? I'm guessing that's not true?
    lolwut? broscience alert! too much carbs, fat, protein, = too many calories = fat deposits on body.

you can eat 300g of protein a day and not gain ANY fat if its under what your body burns (300g protein = 1200 calories btw)
    I feel compelled to lift something.

jgier14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jgier14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    well it sounds to me like your skinny fat brah, and your lacking in muscle. I say hit the gym hard, lift heavy and keep your normal cardio training the same. eat at a deficit. spot reducing or even talking about it is blasphemy so stfu and train. muscle burns fat brah, hope this helps.

Originally Posted by Backhand View Post
    lolwut? broscience alert! too much carbs, fat, protein, = too many calories = fat deposits on body.

you can eat 300g of protein a day and not gain ANY fat if its under what your body burns (300g protein = 1200 calories btw)
    Yeah, I'm not too familiar with how much calories I burn during workouts. I just recently started trying to research all this stuff. I have a watch that supposedly calculates the amount of calories burned during the workout, but I'm pretty sure it's wrong because when we run 3 miles during practice it usually only says like .5 of a mile or something like that. I've never dieted either, just drank a protein shake in the morning and at night, and ate a Snickers protein bar after weight training ( I have it 3rd period at school ). Drinking the protein shake didn't last long though, I probably did it a week before I stopped drinking it.

well it sounds to me like your skinny fat brah, and your lacking in muscle. I say hit the gym hard, lift heavy and keep your normal cardio training the same. eat at a deficit. spot reducing or even talking about it is blasphemy so stfu and train. muscle burns fat brah, hope this helps.
    We have pretty intense workouts, but some parts it feels like we don't hit hard enough (like triceps). I've heard too that spot reducing was pointless but I figured I would see what information I could get.

Backhand will become famous soon enough. (+50) Backhand will become famous soon enough. (+50) Backhand will become famous soon enough. (+50) Backhand will become famous soon enough. (+50) Backhand will become famous soon enough. (+50) Backhand will become famous soon enough. (+50) Backhand will become famous soon enough. (+50) Backhand will become famous soon enough. (+50) Backhand will become famous soon enough. (+50) Backhand will become famous soon enough. (+50) Backhand will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yeah, I'm not too familiar with how much calories I burn during workouts. I just recently started trying to research all this stuff. I have a watch that supposedly calculates the amount of calories burned during the workout, but I'm pretty sure it's wrong because when we run 3 miles during practice it usually only says like .5 of a mile or something like that. I've never dieted either, just drank a protein shake in the morning and at night, and ate a Snickers protein bar after weight training ( I have it 3rd period at school ). Drinking the protein shake didn't last long though, I probably did it a week before I stopped drinking it.

We have pretty intense workouts, but some parts it feels like we don't hit hard enough (like triceps). I've heard too that spot reducing was pointless but I figured I would see what information I could get.

find out your RMR, BMR, and TDEE. if you dont know what they are google it. then eat somewhere between your TDEE and BMR. lift HEAVY. allow time to recover (sleep) and IIFYM (search function on bb.com or google)

Chopperscfl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chopperscfl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chopperscfl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chopperscfl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chopperscfl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chopperscfl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chopperscfl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chopperscfl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chopperscfl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chopperscfl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chopperscfl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Ra1k1r1 View Post
    That makes zero sense.

This^.

Read the f***** stickies. justmightbecraz's Avatar
    justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Wherever you have the most fat built up, will be the last place it disappears from. Make sure barbell squats and deadlifts are a part of your weight training, that will help strengthen your core muscles and lower back, providing some fill to fight the space freed up by the fat you lose.
    USMC Veteran 2000-2005

Personal
    Responsibility
    In
    Daily
    Efforts

Oct-2011: 340 lbs. ~45% BF Start 1st Cut
    Apr-2012: 263 lbs. ~32% BF
    Oct-2012: 215 lbs. ~23% BF End 1st Cut, Start 1st Bulk

Thanks for all the help guys.

According to all the calculations I've got, I'm 16.83% fat and 129 pounds of lean mass, with 26 pounds fat. And I burn 600-800 calories a day between weight lifting and track practice. My BMR was 2,700 and TDEE was 3,000.

My question is, do I actually need to consider fat calories when I eat or just make sure I get those amount of calories?

According to all the calculations I've got, I'm 16.83% fat and 129 pounds of lean mass, with 26 pounds fat. And I burn 600-800 calories a day between weight lifting and track practice. My BMR was 2,700 and TDEE was 3,000.

My question is, do I actually need to consider fat calories when I eat or just make sure I get those amount of calories?
    eat at a deficit somewhere around 2200-2600 youll probably be fine. trans fat is really the only fat youd need to 'worry' about. 1g fat = 8-9 calories

Read the f***** stickies. justmightbecraz's Avatar
    justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50)

You can adjust this if you want, but this is what I would suggest.

3000 * 0.8 = 2400 (cals deficit)

129 lbs LBM * 1.25 = 161g protein
    129 lbs LBM * 0.5 = 64g fat

161g * 4 = 644
    64 * 9 = 576

2400 - 644 - 576 = 1180 / 4 = 295g carbs
    USMC Veteran 2000-2005

Personal
    Responsibility
    In
    Daily
    Efforts

Oct-2011: 340 lbs. ~45% BF Start 1st Cut
    Apr-2012: 263 lbs. ~32% BF
    Oct-2012: 215 lbs. ~23% BF End 1st Cut, Start 1st Bulk

Originally Posted by justmightbecraz View Post
    You can adjust this if you want, but this is what I would suggest.

3000 * 0.8 = 2400 (cals deficit)

129 lbs LBM * 1.25 = 161g protein
    129 lbs LBM * 0.5 = 64g fat

161g * 4 = 644
    64 * 9 = 576

2400 - 644 - 576 = 1180 / 4 = 295g carbs
    I wish I knew how to read this, lol. Is the 161g protein and 64g fat how many grams of each I should get a day? And from 161g * 4 = 644 and below I'm totally lost. I'm new to all of this.

fikshunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fikshunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fikshunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fikshunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fikshunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fikshunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fikshunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I wish I knew how to read this, lol. Is the 161g protein and 64g fat how many grams of each I should get a day? And from 161g * 4 = 644 and below I'm totally lost. I'm new to all of this.
    Yes, these are daily consumption totals.

161g protein* 4 = 644calories
    64g fats * 9 = 576calories

Then your leftover calories you convert to carbs, divided by 4.

2400(baseline after deficit) - 644(protein) - 576(fats) = 1180(leftover) / 4 = 295g carbs

Originally Posted by fikshunn View Post
    Yes, these are daily consumption totals.

161g protein* 4 = 644calories
    64g fats * 9 = 576calories

Then your leftover calories you convert to carbs, divided by 4.

2400(baseline after deficit) - 644(protein) - 576(fats) = 1180(leftover) / 4 = 295g carbs
    Ohh, simple enough. Appreciate it.

LiftHeavy3400 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LiftHeavy3400 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LiftHeavy3400 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LiftHeavy3400 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LiftHeavy3400 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LiftHeavy3400 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LiftHeavy3400 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LiftHeavy3400 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LiftHeavy3400 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LiftHeavy3400 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    best advice to you would be to stop listening to 'the guy in the gym' ... read the stickies on this forum you will learn a lot and everything will slowly start making sense.....

Be in a calorie deficit most importantly if you wanna lose weight/burn fat .... and experiment with different MACROS (calories from carbs, fats, proteins) and you'll learn a lot about your body.

scaarbelly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scaarbelly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scaarbelly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scaarbelly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scaarbelly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scaarbelly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scaarbelly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scaarbelly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scaarbelly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scaarbelly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scaarbelly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    When I was 17, I was under 10% bf and could never get the full 6-pack to show not matter what I did (calorie deficit, running, weights, wrestling, surfing) because of that lower stomach fat. 4-pack was always visible. I call it genetics, hopefully you have better genes than me.

Originally Posted by scaarbelly View Post
    When I was 17, I was under 10% bf and could never get the full 6-pack to show not matter what I did (calorie deficit, running, weights, wrestling, surfing) because of that lower stomach fat. 4-pack was always visible. I call it genetics, hopefully you have better genes than me.
    Haha, looking at my family, genetics aren't on my side.