Shake95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Advice on getting ripped.

hi, i want to know how to get ripped. So get all them muscle showing and not much fat. i've been working out regularly since this year january. i am 163cm tall and weigh 57kg. However i'm pretty sure that i'm doing a lot of things wrong. i want to know what do and when to do them. I would like to also know what workout routines to do. I go to school, and i'm 16 years old. i'm quite small and i was also wondering if there's any truth to the not growing taller thing? i don't mind but i'd like to know.

I can go to the school gym for 40 mins every weekday. they have a few machines but not too many, they do have a treadmill and rowing machines which is what i use genrally at school and freewights (no barbells). so i tend to do cardio at scl. then at home i have a workout bench with decline and incline and i have adjustable dumbell weights at home.

I would like to know how long and and what speed to do my cardio at. also how often as well. I need to know what workouts and how many sets and reps to do of them at home. I would also like to know what weights perhaps? how much? i can bicep curl 12kg 10 reps for 3 sets with 1min interval between the sets. and 4 triceps i do the thing where i stretch my hands up high and bend it up and down at about 10kg. I can bench press with dumbells about 15kg on each hand. should i do decline and incline? i don't know what to do for my abs and obliques. i just do loads of crunches about 3 times a week. i don't know what to do for my legs either. i need to work on all my muscles and i really need some sort of routine but i don't know where to find one for my strength, size etc. i need to lose weight and gain muscle. People have told me that my back needs to be worked on since my chest is bigger and i'm a lil hunched.

I also just ordered some protein shakes. and plus i need to improve my posture kinda thing? stretches? i need to know any warm up stretches etc? any help at all!

I also need advice on when to eat and what?

I'm no writer so it's difficult to get my point across. but if you need anymore info or pics then please say so, i need all the help i can get and would be pleased with anyy help of any sort. thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Shake95; 03-17-2012 at 08:56 AM.

ATeeGee is not very helpful. (-500) ATeeGee is not very helpful. (-500) ATeeGee is not very helpful. (-500) ATeeGee is not very helpful. (-500) ATeeGee is not very helpful. (-500) ATeeGee is not very helpful. (-500) ATeeGee is not very helpful. (-500) ATeeGee is not very helpful. (-500) ATeeGee is not very helpful. (-500) ATeeGee is not very helpful. (-500) ATeeGee is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by Shake95 View Post
    hi, i want to know how to get ripped. So get all them muscle showing and not much fat. i've been working out regularly since this year january. i am 163cm tall and weigh 57kg. However i'm pretty sure that i'm doing a lot of things wrong. i want to know what do and when to do them. I would like to also know what workout routines to do. I go to school, and i'm 16 years old. i'm quite small and i was also wondering if there's any truth to the not growing taller thing? i don't mind but i'd like to know.

I can go to the school gym for 40 mins every weekday. they have a few machines but not too many, they do have a treadmill and rowing machines which is what i use genrally at school and freewights (no barbells). so i tend to do cardio at scl. then at home i have a workout bench with decline and incline and i have adjustable dumbell weights at home.

I would like to know how long and and what speed to do my cardio at. also how often as well. I need to know what workouts and how many sets and reps to do of them at home. I would also like to know what weights perhaps? how much? i can bicep curl 12kg 10 reps for 3 sets with 1min interval between the sets. and 4 triceps i do the thing where i stretch my hands up high and bend it up and down at about 10kg. I can bench press with dumbells about 15kg on each hand. should i do decline and incline? i don't know what to do for my abs and obliques. i just do loads of crunches about 3 times a week. i don't know what to do for my legs either. i need to work on all my muscles and i really need some sort of routine but i don't know where to find one for my strength, size etc. i need to lose weight and gain muscle. People have told me that my back needs to be worked on since my chest is bigger and i'm a lil hunched.

I also just ordered some protein shakes. and plus i need to improve my posture kinda thing? stretches? i need to know any warm up stretches etc? any help at all!

I also need advice on when to eat and what?

I'm no writer so it's difficult to get my point across. but if you need anymore info or pics then please say so, i need all the help i can get and would be pleased with anyy help of any sort. thanks in advance!
    Get on a half decent routine, hitting everything 2x a week.
    Starting Strength, Stronglifts, Reg Parks 5x5, WS4SB, Push/Pull routine.

A routine that is well balanced.
    Eat a surplus of calories, you need to gain weight before you can get 'ripped', if you go on a defecit and cut now you'll be rake thin.
    Get enough sleep, eat 'healthy' bit of a meaningless term but keep ther majority of your sources of cals/carbs and fats from meat, poultry, whey, pasta, rice, omega 3, omega 6, olive oil.
    So called 'cheat' meals don't hurt I have one every day, sometimes 2, just keep it into moderation, they usually have fair nutritional values and are calorie dense, but have poor micronutrients in them.

You don't need to train everyday, the routines I listed on require 3-4 times a week. You grow while you rest.
    If your a little hunched, a lot of things will help this, strengthen your traps, rear delts and overall back infact, you need a good balance of pushing and pulling exercises. Holding yourself upright, keeping your head up will also affect your posture positivley.
    Don't set yourself un-realistic goals to start out, just focus on getting stronger and bigger, get to know your body and what you respond well to.

Start out using Starting Strength, either the original template or babylovers, it has quite a hype about it at the moment.

After you've progressed, got your lifts up move onto something new. Still with frequency but a little more volume. Don't alter the routines either, they are built to serve a purpose and the alteration will possibly butcher progress you could be making. I wouldn't stop starting strength until you've stalled about 3 times, de-loaded and still not made any significant progress.
    Remember though, not making progress could be due to a fault in your diet and/or sleeping pattern.

Here's a routine which is possible to progress onto after finishing Starting Strength.

(PUSH)
    BENCH PRESS DEC,FLAT,INC 4x4-8
    BB SHOULDER PRESS 4x4-8
    CLOSE GRIP BENCH PRESS 4x6-8
    SQUATS 3-4x4-8
    CALF RAISES 3x10-12

(PULL)
    BENT OVER ROW 4x4-8
    LAT PULL DOWNS 3x10-12
    BB BICEP CURL 3x6-8
    BB SHRUGS 3x6-8
    WEIGHTED HYPEREXTENSIONS 3x6-8

DAY 3 OFF REST

(PUSH)
    DB BENCH INC,DEC,FLAT 4x4-8
    DB SHOULDER PRESS 4x4-8
    TRICEP SKULL CRUSHER 3x10-12
    LEG PRESS 3x10-12
    CALF RAISES 3x10-12

(PULL)
    DEADLIFTs 4x2-8
    LAT PULLDOWNS 3x10-12
    BB BICEP CURLS 3x6-8
    BB SHRUGS 3x6-8
    LYING LEG CURLS 3x10-12
    *Licks the angus first crew*
    *Loves hbb girls heiny holes crew*
    *Used to eat slugs as a kid crew*
    *Wrestled a lepar crew*
    *Collects hbb's farts in peanut butter jars crew*
    *Cleans my feet with sandpaper crew*
    *8" inch dink but 2" girth crew*
    *Only clean dink every 2 weeks crew*
    *Made a necklace pendant out of smegma crew*
    *I take oral of Jackie Stallone crew*
    *I will live in Mia Malkovas ass crew*

Thank you very much!! is going to a gym a good idea? like a proper gym?? and what about cardio? should i just gain mass altogether first and then do cardio or the other way round?

ATeeGee is not very helpful. (-500) ATeeGee is not very helpful. (-500) ATeeGee is not very helpful. (-500) ATeeGee is not very helpful. (-500) ATeeGee is not very helpful. (-500) ATeeGee is not very helpful. (-500) ATeeGee is not very helpful. (-500) ATeeGee is not very helpful. (-500) ATeeGee is not very helpful. (-500) ATeeGee is not very helpful. (-500) ATeeGee is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by Shake95 View Post
    Thank you very much!! is going to a gym a good idea? like a proper gym?? and what about cardio? should i just gain mass altogether first and then do cardio or the other way round?
    Yes go to a proper gym, in terms of cardio 1-2 times a week moderate intensity.
    *Licks the angus first crew*
    *Loves hbb girls heiny holes crew*
    *Used to eat slugs as a kid crew*
    *Wrestled a lepar crew*
    *Collects hbb's farts in peanut butter jars crew*
    *Cleans my feet with sandpaper crew*
    *8" inch dink but 2" girth crew*
    *Only clean dink every 2 weeks crew*
    *Made a necklace pendant out of smegma crew*
    *I take oral of Jackie Stallone crew*
    *I will live in Mia Malkovas ass crew*

Cheers