Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    McGoogly has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) McGoogly has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) McGoogly has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) McGoogly has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) McGoogly has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) McGoogly has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) McGoogly has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) McGoogly has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) McGoogly has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) McGoogly has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) McGoogly has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Can I work out twice a day?

I literally just got back from a new gym that I go to now and I want to go back ASAP. Can I go back today, and when?

ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Why not just sleep there? Yeah, you can work out twice per day. Will it be beneficial for progress? No. Will it hinder your gains? Probably.

wheynweed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wheynweed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wheynweed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wheynweed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wheynweed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wheynweed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wheynweed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wheynweed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wheynweed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wheynweed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wheynweed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    At five foot seven a hundred forty pounds you do not belong in the gym for more than an hour a day. Gain some weight and build some size. You're not eating enough and you don't have the testosterone production to recover fast enough to see any gains from working out twice a day. If you enjoy being one hundred forty pounds, go ahead, if ya wanna bulk up and look halfway decent, then earn your keep and hit the gym once a day like everyone else with clean size.

McGoogly has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) McGoogly has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) McGoogly has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) McGoogly has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) McGoogly has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) McGoogly has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) McGoogly has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) McGoogly has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) McGoogly has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) McGoogly has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) McGoogly has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by wheynweed View Post
    At five foot seven a hundred forty pounds you do not belong in the gym for more than an hour a day. Gain some weight and build some size. You're not eating enough and you don't have the testosterone production to recover fast enough to see any gains from working out twice a day. If you enjoy being one hundred forty pounds, go ahead, if ya wanna bulk up and look halfway decent, then earn your keep and hit the gym once a day like everyone else with clean size.
    On the scale at the gym I weigh 153. Don't mock my size man. And as you can see from my profile picture that I do in fact look look decent. If an 8 pack and a 50 inch chest isn't decent I have no idea what is.

wheynweed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wheynweed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wheynweed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wheynweed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wheynweed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wheynweed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wheynweed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wheynweed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wheynweed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wheynweed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wheynweed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by McGoogly View Post
    On the scale at the gym I weigh 153. Don't mock my size man. And as you can see from my profile picture that I do in fact look look decent. If an 8 pack and a 50 inch chest isn't decent I have no idea what is.
    Fifty inch chest? LOL Ok yea I'm just gonna go now. I was telling you the reality of it. You need rest to grow. If you want to lift twice a day go ahead. Just letting you know it won't be very beneficial.

Fifty inch chest? LOL Ok yea I'm just gonna go now. I was telling you the reality of it. You need rest to grow. If you want to lift twice a day go ahead. Just letting you know it won't be very beneficial.
    Would you like a picture of my chest with the measuring tape? I understand I need rest to grow, most rebuilding occurs when you sleep, not when you're active throughout the day.

ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I understand I need rest to grow, most rebuilding occurs when you sleep, not when you're active throughout the day.
    If this is understood, why would you consider training twice per day as a 17yo natural lifter? What does your current routine look like? Your workouts should be demanding enough that you don't want to go back to the gym immediately after returning home. You should want to eat and rest. I guess you could go back to the gym and stretch, foam roll and do other recovery work, if you love being there that much. However, I wouldn't lift twice per day.

Would you like a picture of my chest with the measuring tape? I understand I need rest to grow, most rebuilding occurs when you sleep, not when you're active throughout the day.
    Yea let's see it, and make sure we can see that the tape is being held tight against the skin. You understand the basics, but you don't understand the level of dieting needed to build the type of muscle you want. The amount of calories you're burning in one session SHOULD deplete your body of all energy, otherwise you're not lifting hard enough. You need alot of calories in your body and a lot of clean size to lift twice a day, you have neither.

Keenl3ody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Keenl3ody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Keenl3ody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Keenl3ody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Keenl3ody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Keenl3ody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Keenl3ody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Keenl3ody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Keenl3ody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Keenl3ody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Keenl3ody will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    in for 50 inch chest and 13 inch legs
    for me, the hardest part about lifting weights is leaving the gym when my workout is finished. I keep checking my log book but it keeps telling me that it's the last set. even worse, tomorrow is rest day. fml

Yea let's see it, and make sure we can see that the tape is being held tight against the skin. You understand the basics, but you don't understand the level of dieting needed to build the type of muscle you want. The amount of calories you're burning in one session SHOULD deplete your body of all energy, otherwise you're not lifting hard enough. You need alot of calories in your body and a lot of clean size to lift twice a day, you have neither.
    One: I'll show you a message I left to my body building buddy about this gym run. "But do you recomend going to the gym twice a day? I just got out and I already wanna go back haha. When it was time to go I was getting tunnel vision and I was losing my balance and **** but that's how I know I had a good workout I guess haha." Let me remind you that my gym has a sauna, a hot tub, and a Olympic sized swimming pool. :P

Two: How do you know how many calories I intake, and what do you mean by clean size?

Three: I'll get my sister to bring the tape measure over later. Would you like to see my chest compared to my 36inch long tape measure?

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    I literally just got back from a new gym that I go to now and I want to go back ASAP. Can I go back today, and when?
    If you want to train twice a day, then train twice a day. You don't need anyone's permission to do whatever you want to do. Will it be productive? Probably not, at least after the first week or two; you'll likely burn out and quit, but you'll never know unless you try it, right?

One other thought; take a stroll through the 'workout journals' subforum, and see how many of the guys with good-looking avatars (and who have long-running journals) are training on double-splits. Just a "guess," but I'll bet a dollar to a donut that they're few and far between.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Lmao you dumb ass get off this site. Sorry but you need to go. You realize Arnold Schwarzenegger's chest was 58 inches during his prime right?? You expect me or anyone else with half a brain stem to believe a 150lb 17 year old is only 8 inches smaller than this:
    ???

You know what at this point I don't care about you overtraining or not being able to comprehend bodybuilding basics such as the importance of rest and muscle growth, I'm more disgusted by the fact you claim to have a 50 inch chest LOL.

Keenl3ody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Keenl3ody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Keenl3ody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Keenl3ody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Keenl3ody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Keenl3ody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Keenl3ody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Keenl3ody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Keenl3ody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Keenl3ody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Keenl3ody will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Lmao you dumb ass get off this site. Sorry but you need to go. You realize Arnold Schwarzenegger's chest was 58 inches during his prime right?? You expect me or anyone else with half a brain stem to believe a 150lb 17 year old is only 8 inches smaller than this:
    ???

You know what at this point I don't care about you overtraining or not being able to comprehend bodybuilding basics such as the importance of rest and muscle growth, I'm more disgusted by the fact you claim to have a 50 inch chest LOL.
    we're waiting for op to post pics... and we'll keep waiting
    for me, the hardest part about lifting weights is leaving the gym when my workout is finished. I keep checking my log book but it keeps telling me that it's the last set. even worse, tomorrow is rest day. fml

orb85750 will become famous soon enough. (+50) orb85750 will become famous soon enough. (+50) orb85750 will become famous soon enough. (+50) orb85750 will become famous soon enough. (+50) orb85750 will become famous soon enough. (+50) orb85750 will become famous soon enough. (+50) orb85750 will become famous soon enough. (+50) orb85750 will become famous soon enough. (+50) orb85750 will become famous soon enough. (+50) orb85750 will become famous soon enough. (+50) orb85750 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It's cool that you're so motivated that you want to work out twice in the same day. But save it for your next workout day instead.

qeynos is not very helpful. (-500) qeynos is not very helpful. (-500) qeynos is not very helpful. (-500) qeynos is not very helpful. (-500) qeynos is not very helpful. (-500) qeynos is not very helpful. (-500) qeynos is not very helpful. (-500) qeynos is not very helpful. (-500) qeynos is not very helpful. (-500) qeynos is not very helpful. (-500) qeynos is not very helpful. (-500)
    no

its prohibited

BigNasty100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigNasty100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigNasty100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigNasty100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigNasty100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigNasty100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigNasty100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigNasty100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigNasty100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigNasty100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigNasty100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Hey OP, these guys are partly right. It is possible to make faster gains by working out twice a day but its extremely hard. You have to take a midday nap and eat like a MONSTER. If you have the time though, it will pay off. Look at Allistar Overeem; he works out twice a day (i know steroids...yadadada but that's for a different thread). Also, you would have to work similar muscles in a day; for example, back morning, legs evening. Overall though, it's tough, but can be done if you are unemployed.

jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I am fifty pounds bigger and have a smaller chest than that, relaxed without inhaling, 48".

An 8 pack is nothing. Lots of thin weak people in Africa and Asia have low bodyfat.

Nothing wrong about 150lbs, since I am sure you are doing something about that.

Claiming a 50 inch chest at a buck fifty is like claiming a nine hundred pound raw squat at the same size. Your pic doesn't show a disproportionately huge chest, double amputee with no legs. That might do it.

Pinnochio's nose used to grow longer.............
    Beginners:

FIERCE 5:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159678631

Beyond novice, 5 3 1 or see above:)

Unless it is obvious to anyone who isn't blind that you lift weights, you might still benefit from a little more attention to big basic barbell exercises for enough reps:).

jj341 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jj341 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jj341 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jj341 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jj341 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jj341 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jj341 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jj341 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jj341 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jj341 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jj341 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by BigNasty100 View Post
    Hey OP, these guys are partly right. It is possible to make faster gains by working out twice a day but its extremely hard. You have to take a midday nap and eat like a MONSTER. If you have the time though, it will pay off. Look at Allistar Overeem; he works out twice a day (i know steroids...yadadada but that's for a different thread). Also, you would have to work similar muscles in a day; for example, back morning, legs evening. Overall though, it's tough, but can be done if you are unemployed.
    This!

USMC - Live Strong! - MMA toolslave462@gmail.com's Avatar
    toolslave462@gmail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) toolslave462@gmail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) toolslave462@gmail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) toolslave462@gmail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) toolslave462@gmail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) toolslave462@gmail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) toolslave462@gmail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) toolslave462@gmail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) toolslave462@gmail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) toolslave462@gmail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) toolslave462@gmail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Fitness Freak - Nutrition Geek
    ...Certified Personal Trainer...
    ...US Marine Corps Veteran...

"I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul."

Goal: 205 lbs (Started in 2008 @ 120lbs)

Originally Posted by toolslave462@gmail.com View Post
    I possibly stand corrected. repped

atlrus is not very well liked. (-100) atlrus is not very well liked. (-100) atlrus is not very well liked. (-100) atlrus is not very well liked. (-100) atlrus is not very well liked. (-100) atlrus is not very well liked. (-100) atlrus is not very well liked. (-100) atlrus is not very well liked. (-100) atlrus is not very well liked. (-100) atlrus is not very well liked. (-100) atlrus is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by toolslave462@gmail.com View Post
    +1 on the article.

You can look at the old-school Bulgarian weight lifters (google them, watch some youtube videos). Them boys used to work out 7 days a week from 7am to 10pm in set of around 45min workout and 1 hour rest.

Of course they worked out for strength, not mass, but you can hardly say that this extremely rigorous workout lead to "overtraining", considering they trained the same few muscles over and over, every day for many years. There is more to the Bulgarian weightlifter system, but the point is that you can live in the gym if you wanted to (or had what it takes).

wanttobulk is on a distinguished road. (+10) wanttobulk is on a distinguished road. (+10) wanttobulk is on a distinguished road. (+10) wanttobulk is on a distinguished road. (+10) wanttobulk is on a distinguished road. (+10) wanttobulk is on a distinguished road. (+10) wanttobulk is on a distinguished road. (+10) wanttobulk is on a distinguished road. (+10) wanttobulk is on a distinguished road. (+10) wanttobulk is on a distinguished road. (+10) wanttobulk is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I've been following this thread for the "50 inch chest" picture. I am disappoint.

Originally Posted by wanttobulk View Post
    I've been following this thread for the "50 inch chest" picture. I am disappoint.
    lol of course he was full of it. now he's gonna go to the gym twice a day to get that chest in 2 weeks so he can post the pic

Warkhen has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Warkhen has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Actually twice a day is not a bad idea, but only if you workout the muscle groups you were gonna workout the next day too, and take the next day off. For example Monday workout the muscle groups of monday and tuesday, but rest tuesday the entire day. This will allow more total rest, which would mean higher muscle gains. Though, you have to allow some time between workouts; once in the morning and then in the evening would be most efficient.

If you have the time to do it, Id recommend it.

Registered User patronizeyoufor's Avatar
    patronizeyoufor is a complete loser! (-2000) patronizeyoufor is a complete loser! (-2000) patronizeyoufor is a complete loser! (-2000) patronizeyoufor is a complete loser! (-2000) patronizeyoufor is a complete loser! (-2000) patronizeyoufor is a complete loser! (-2000) patronizeyoufor is a complete loser! (-2000) patronizeyoufor is a complete loser! (-2000) patronizeyoufor is a complete loser! (-2000) patronizeyoufor is a complete loser! (-2000) patronizeyoufor is a complete loser! (-2000)
    In for 50 inch chest, now... I suppose its a waiting game.

Notsrs

Registered User patronizeyoufor's Avatar
    patronizeyoufor is a complete loser! (-2000) patronizeyoufor is a complete loser! (-2000) patronizeyoufor is a complete loser! (-2000) patronizeyoufor is a complete loser! (-2000) patronizeyoufor is a complete loser! (-2000) patronizeyoufor is a complete loser! (-2000) patronizeyoufor is a complete loser! (-2000) patronizeyoufor is a complete loser! (-2000) patronizeyoufor is a complete loser! (-2000) patronizeyoufor is a complete loser! (-2000) patronizeyoufor is a complete loser! (-2000)
    He.......he's not gonna show pics is he? OP is a *******.

muscularpants is on a distinguished road. (+10) muscularpants is on a distinguished road. (+10) muscularpants is on a distinguished road. (+10) muscularpants is on a distinguished road. (+10) muscularpants is on a distinguished road. (+10) muscularpants is on a distinguished road. (+10) muscularpants is on a distinguished road. (+10) muscularpants is on a distinguished road. (+10) muscularpants is on a distinguished road. (+10) muscularpants is on a distinguished road. (+10) muscularpants is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Yes working out twice a day is fine depending on what exactly you do. If you do an upper body workout in the morning and then abs in the afternoon that is good. But don't go blowing up chest 2 times a day. You should get all the workout you need for one body part in 1 session. If later in the day you feel like you've already fully recovered from your initial workout then maybe do less reps and more sets or just increase the weight some.
    Oklahoma State University
    Currently doing Insanity Asylum Vol. 2

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Don't mock my size man.
    Mocked.

Skinny with abs is like big boobs on a fat girl. Not as impressive as they think.

edenrose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

Originally Posted by muscularpants View Post
    Yes working out twice a day is fine depending on what exactly you do. If you do an upper body workout in the morning and then abs in the afternoon that is good. But don't go blowing up chest 2 times a day. You should get all the workout you need for one body part in 1 session. If later in the day you feel like you've already fully recovered from your initial workout then maybe do less reps and more sets or just increase the weight some.
    i agree, u can go twice if working out diff parts of body...

townes is on a distinguished road. (+10) townes is on a distinguished road. (+10) townes is on a distinguished road. (+10) townes is on a distinguished road. (+10) townes is on a distinguished road. (+10) townes is on a distinguished road. (+10) townes is on a distinguished road. (+10) townes is on a distinguished road. (+10) townes is on a distinguished road. (+10) townes is on a distinguished road. (+10) townes is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Go work out again. That's what you should too. You'll get a lot bigger and stronger 2x the gains. Ya. Go for it. I think what you should do is go back to your gym.