Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    tryingtobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) tryingtobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) tryingtobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) tryingtobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) tryingtobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) tryingtobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) tryingtobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) tryingtobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) tryingtobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) tryingtobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) tryingtobb will become famous soon enough. (+50)

0% bodyfat, what would it look like?

I know if you're 0% bodyfat you'd be dead. What I'm curious about is when someone can grab a chunk of fat from their belly, but if that fat is gone would that person be considered 0% bodyfat? If someone is at let's say 8% bodyfat, would they still be able to grab some fat off their belly?

I don't really know how to phrase my question, but that's the best I can do.

jd1010108 is a complete loser! (-2000) jd1010108 is a complete loser! (-2000) jd1010108 is a complete loser! (-2000) jd1010108 is a complete loser! (-2000) jd1010108 is a complete loser! (-2000) jd1010108 is a complete loser! (-2000) jd1010108 is a complete loser! (-2000) jd1010108 is a complete loser! (-2000) jd1010108 is a complete loser! (-2000) jd1010108 is a complete loser! (-2000) jd1010108 is a complete loser! (-2000)

Something like this

Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    A skeleton. There is no way to even get to 1% bodyfat without burning or rotting 99% of the flesh off the bones. Someone who died of starvation still has more than 1% bf and definately more than 0%.

Andreas Munzer, before he died, was known for being able to remove all visable subcutanious bodyfat at contests which is probably what you mean... all visable fat removed. He is probably 3% bf.

tryingtobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) tryingtobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) tryingtobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) tryingtobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) tryingtobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) tryingtobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) tryingtobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) tryingtobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) tryingtobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) tryingtobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) tryingtobb will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by JasonDB View Post
    A skeleton. There is no way to even get to 1% bodyfat without burning or rotting 99% of the flesh off the bones. Someone who died of starvation still has more than 1% bf and definately more than 0%.

Andreas Munzer, before he died, was known for being able to remove all visable subcutanious bodyfat at contests which is probably what you mean... all visable fat removed. He is probably 3% bf.
    Yeah kind of. I like taking measurements of my arms chest, legs, etc... I also plan on cutting to someone around 8-10 bf%. I can grab some fat off every part of my body and I'm just trying to visualize how much of my measurements would decrease by if I were to drop down 3-5 bf%.

JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by tryingtobb View Post
    Yeah kind of. I like taking measurements of my arms chest, legs, etc... I also plan on cutting to someone around 8-10 bf%. I can grab some fat off every part of my body and I'm just trying to visualize how much of my measurements would decrease by if I were to drop down 3-5 bf%.
    A lot. You will lose a lot of muscle mass cutting that lean if not using heafty amounts of protein-sparing substances.... not just body fat. 5% body fat isn't something you do for fun. It is something you do because you want to torture and beat up your body for a contest or photo shoot. The last couple months in reaching it will basically be hell as your energy loss, continual hunger, loss of sex drive and depression start to kick in. Good luck.

A lot. You will lose a lot of muscle mass cutting that lean if not using heafty amounts of protein-sparing substances.... not just body fat. 5% body fat isn't something you do for fun. It is something you do because you want to torture and beat up your body for a contest or photo shoot. The last couple months in reaching it will basically be hell as your energy loss, continual hunger, loss of sex drive and depression start to kick in. Good luck.
    I mean I want to decrease my bf% by about 3-5%. I think I'm at 14-16% at the moment. I think I'll be happy with 8-10, but I don't want to look small. We'll see.

Scoper50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scoper50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scoper50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scoper50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scoper50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scoper50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scoper50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scoper50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scoper50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scoper50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scoper50 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I don't understand why anybody would want to cut to this level. It doesn't look good. This guy looks like a freak. A monster if you will.

Originally Posted by Scoper50 View Post
    I don't understand why anybody would want to cut to this level. It doesn't look good. This guy looks like a freak. A monster if you will.
    Contest time is why. No one in their right mind would even consider it for anything other than some type of bodybuilding event.

Contest time is why. No one in their right mind would even consider it for anything other than some type of bodybuilding event.
    That picture looks disgusting. I don't consider myself a bodybuilder, I just lift and eat for the general wellness and , of course, the ladies.
    Would maintaining a 8-10 bf% be considered unhealthy?

That picture looks disgusting. I don't consider myself a bodybuilder, I just lift and eat for the general wellness and , of course, the ladies.
    Depends on the person. For some people maintaining 8-10% would be difficult, lead to developing an eating disorder and leave them feeling weak/sick all the time. For others it is perfectly maintainable year round without problems as long as they are consistent. That isn't something I can anwer for you until you diet down and try to maintain it a few months.

If you are doing it for the ladies you won't maintain it though too much work/hassle for too little payoff. There are 100x easier ways to get laid than etched abs. Do it because you enjoy it personally, love looking good and want to be your best.

For me 8%bf = losing 100 lbs off my bench, being overwhelmingly hungery 24/7 and literally thinking about nothing but food night and day... a cheeseburger is better than sex with a super model. Nothing sub-10% would be sustainable for me longer than a few weeks. Martin Berkhan stays like 6% year round with only a few minor explosions of aggression/mood swings. So everyone is different.

Bluesy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bluesy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bluesy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bluesy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bluesy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bluesy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bluesy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bluesy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bluesy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bluesy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bluesy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Iv read a couple of articles about Bruce lee saying that he had 1% bodyfat but his diet was ridiculously strict and precise though.

Originally Posted by Bluesy View Post
    Iv read a couple of articles about Bruce lee saying that he had 1% bodyfat but his diet was ridiculously strict and precise though.
    Just google imaged and Bruce Lee varies a lot, just like all lean people... I see him ranging from around 7-8% in some of the really lean ones up to about 12% in others.... in short... he left a 0 off the end.

Bluesy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bluesy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bluesy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bluesy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bluesy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bluesy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bluesy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bluesy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bluesy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bluesy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bluesy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Just google imaged and Bruce Lee varies a lot, just like all lean people... I see him ranging from around 7-8% in some of the really lean ones up to about 12% in others.... in short... he left a 0 off the end.
    Really? 12% seems like heaps. In all pictures iv seen him in he is just insanely shredded

MITCHAPAL00ZA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MITCHAPAL00ZA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MITCHAPAL00ZA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MITCHAPAL00ZA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MITCHAPAL00ZA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MITCHAPAL00ZA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MITCHAPAL00ZA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MITCHAPAL00ZA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MITCHAPAL00ZA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MITCHAPAL00ZA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MITCHAPAL00ZA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Depends on the person. For some people maintaining 8-10% would be difficult, lead to developing an eating disorder and leave them feeling weak/sick all the time. For others it is perfectly maintainable year round without problems as long as they are consistent. That isn't something I can anwer for you until you diet down and try to maintain it a few months.

If you are doing it for the ladies you won't maintain it though too much work/hassle for too little payoff. There are 100x easier ways to get laid than etched abs. Do it because you enjoy it personally, love looking good and want to be your best.

For me 8%bf = losing 100 lbs off my bench, being overwhelmingly hungery 24/7 and literally thinking about nothing but food night and day... a cheeseburger is better than sex with a super model. Nothing sub-10% would be sustainable for me longer than a few weeks. Martin Berkhan stays like 6% year round with only a few minor explosions of aggression/mood swings. So everyone is different.
    Agree on both points. Don't lift for the ladies....and as for body fat: Though I'm not 100% sold on ****totypes, I think there are distinct genetic variances that indeed have a large effect on body comp. For instance I have a hard time adding mass but can easily maintain sub 10% body fat without watching my diet very much.
    xTUNAx CREW
    SOYBOY CREW

Originally Posted by MITCHAPAL00ZA View Post
    Agree on both points. Don't lift for the ladies....and as for body fat: Though I'm not 100% sold on ****totypes, I think there are distinct genetic variances that indeed have a large effect on body comp. For instance I have a hard time adding mass but can easily maintain sub 10% body fat without watching my diet very much.
    Whereas I could put on 10 lbs in the next two weeks without feeling like I have stuffed myself. In fact I run 3500-4000 calories a day right now and still spend a few hours a day hungery. I could increase my calories easily without giving it a second thought. When I used to stupid bulk on 7000-9000 calories a day 9 years ago... I never felt stuffed.

Originally Posted by Bluesy View Post
    Really? 12% seems like heaps. In all pictures iv seen him in he is just insanely shredded
    Bodybuilding forum... by contest standards he wasn't truely shreaded when very lean... and yes he was extremely lean in a lot of pictures and definately shreaded from a non-bbcontest perspective.

Here are a couple that stand out at a higher bf than some of his others... he is still quite lean but certainly not sub 10% bf lean in these.... which is fine people don't stay at the same bf% all the time.

I find it interesting when the topic of Bruce Lee comes up and people mention "do martial arts all day if you want to look like him" when it was well known that Bruce Lee also did heavy weight training daily... and used that thar cell tech to help with his recovery from training.
    Last edited by JasonDB; 03-17-2012 at 12:10 AM.

determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz
    I find it interesting when the topic of Bruce Lee comes up and people mention "do martial arts all day if you want to look like him" when it was well known that Bruce Lee also did heavy weight training daily... and used that thar cell tech to help with his recovery from training.
    idk
    I think there is something to the martial arts and low BF%
    just look at the teenage mutant ninja turtles (shredded)

Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Does Not Count Macros Crew

"Think in terms of limits and the result is limitation
    Think in terms of progress and the result is progression"

my day:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156294333

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head

MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    U mad you could never attain that even if you did want to?

I know I am

Anyways - OP I think I know what you're after and you'll always be able to grab something - usually it's some skin and a bit of fat attached to the skin underneath....but it's not a big deal. The hell you have to go through to get to even 7% is now worth it unless you're competing.

People who say they are 6-7 are usually around 9-10. Still very very lean though.
    www.xccellence.com

FKK.....We don't play

Getting big: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136802401

- Alan Aragon www.alanaragon.com

illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    'sup OP?

snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Lifting for the ladies=not sustainable.

Do it for yourself and you will be much happier IMO
    AAU World SJ Powerlifting Champion, 2014

Owner/Founder of StrongerYou Personal Training

BTK-no excuses

phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by snrygo View Post
    Lifting for the ladies=not sustainable.

Do it for yourself and you will be much happier IMO
    **** you I lift only for my girl.

jk

but srsly

not srs (maybe?)
    Sheiko? My journey to 1,500+ @ 165

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167881761

Keep On Getting Strong

Best Gym Lifts

475/315/610 @ 165

chickeneater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chickeneater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chickeneater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chickeneater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chickeneater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chickeneater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chickeneater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chickeneater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chickeneater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chickeneater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chickeneater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Bruce Lee also did heavy weight training daily... and used that thar cell tech to help with his recovery from training.
    I googled this. All I could find was anecdotal accusations, no real evidence. Is his body that hard to achieve naturally?

Do you have a link? thanx

IFBB Amateur, M. Physique ArchangelEST's Avatar
    ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by chickeneater View Post
    I googled this. All I could find was anecdotal accusations, no real evidence. Is his body that hard to achieve naturally?

Do you have a link? thanx
    Visual look. No. Martial Arts performance? A whole other ball of wax...

He took dat dere most likely to recover faster to allow for more training, to get better skill-wise, not visually. I don't think he gave a rats ass about how he looked per say.
    Owner of:

www.Aspartame-Research.com
    www.MayfieldFitness.net

Author of:

Flexible Dieting Handbook: How To Lose Weight by Eating What You Want - an Amazon Bestseller

"The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn. "

― Alvin Toffler

mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by MarkVI View Post
    U mad you could never attain that even if you did want to?

I know I am

Anyways - OP I think I know what you're after and you'll always be able to grab something - usually it's some skin and a bit of fat attached to the skin underneath....but it's not a big deal. The hell you have to go through to get to even 7% is now worth it unless you're competing.

People who say they are 6-7 are usually around 9-10. Still very very lean though.
    Most people think they are 6-7% bodyfat once their abs show. Often times these people are lucky and hold most of their fat on their lower body so even at above 12-14% they looked ripped. I hold most of my bodyfat in my upper body so in order to look ripped I have to get down to sub 10% which I plan on doing.

I do have a question maybe some of you have some input on this. Would holding most of your fat in your upper body make it easier or harder to get leaner? I would think easier because from what I have heard getting your legs lean tends to be the hardest for most people.

phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    When I was a fatty I think I would prefer if I held all my fat in my lower body.

I hold 99% of my BF in my upper body, my legs are shredded.

Keep On Getting Strong

Best Gym Lifts

475/315/610 @ 165

mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by phal View Post
    When I was a fatty I think I would prefer if I held all my fat in my lower body.

I hold 99% of my BF in my upper body, my legs are shredded.
    Then you are the same as me. lol I swear I have barely visible upper abs right but my legs are lean and have some vascularity. I will resume dieting this week and will continue to diet until I get down to 8%. I know it is going to suck but I am sick and tired of only thinking about being that lean and never really getting thier. In your experience how hard was it to get really lean being that your fat distribution in probably similiar to mine.

Originally Posted by mannydawg View Post
    Then you are the same as me. lol I swear I have barely visible upper abs right but my legs are lean and have some vascularity. I will resume dieting this week and will continue to diet until I get down to 8%. I know it is going to suck but I am sick and tired of only thinking about being that lean and never really getting thier. In your experience how hard was it to get really lean being that your fat distribution in probably similiar to mine.
    Well, it wasn't too difficult but it was definitely a mind ****. Just takes consistency and patience as does anything else that's worthwhile.

Keep On Getting Strong

Best Gym Lifts

475/315/610 @ 165

Originally Posted by phal View Post
    Well, it wasn't too difficult but it was definitely a mind ****. Just takes consistency and patience as does anything else that's worthwhile.
    True that. I have been too relaxed on my diet the last month. Once I resume dieting I plan on remaining on a deficit and refeeding at maintenance and never going above it until I reach my desired level of leanness. One more question was/is maintaining that level of leanness hard or does it become easier the longer you stayed their.

It's relatively easy. (at least for me)

Keep On Getting Strong

Best Gym Lifts

475/315/610 @ 165

rraawwss is on a distinguished road. (+10) rraawwss is on a distinguished road. (+10) rraawwss is on a distinguished road. (+10) rraawwss is on a distinguished road. (+10) rraawwss is on a distinguished road. (+10) rraawwss is on a distinguished road. (+10) rraawwss is on a distinguished road. (+10) rraawwss is on a distinguished road. (+10) rraawwss is on a distinguished road. (+10) rraawwss is on a distinguished road. (+10) rraawwss is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    it would look like a body in a casket u dumbass

ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Being ~5-6% is not fun at all.
    "Nutrition for powerlifting: If you are serious about it, you will eat f*cking everything and get strong as $hit." - HamburgerTrain
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163165741