Thread: Plateau

Blakamo is not very well liked. (-100) Blakamo is not very well liked. (-100) Blakamo is not very well liked. (-100) Blakamo is not very well liked. (-100) Blakamo is not very well liked. (-100) Blakamo is not very well liked. (-100) Blakamo is not very well liked. (-100) Blakamo is not very well liked. (-100) Blakamo is not very well liked. (-100) Blakamo is not very well liked. (-100) Blakamo is not very well liked. (-100)

Plateau

Hey guys. I'm 16 and 5'6, I weigh 143 pounds or 65 kilos.

I've been using the same routine mainly for a while now, and I figured that i've plateaued because of it. I haven't gained anything in about 3 months

Before I continue, i'd just like to add my current lifts, all of which are for 8-12 reps:

Db Press Flat: 55-60 pounds (each hand), or 110-120 total
    Military Press: Roughly 45 pounds each hand (90 total)
    Incline Db Press: Roughly the same as flat
    Pull ups: I can perform about 12 reps of these
    Lat Pull down: 79 pounds (36 kilos)

So that's just a rough idea of how much weight I do, or where i'm at in terms of bodybuilding.

I'd just like to ask, is there a particular program you'd recommend I do?

Before you ask, 'where is legs?'. I'd just like to add that im about to starting incorporating legs into my routine, I only avoided it because of knee problems which I have now alleviated.
    Did you just eat that? :O

Bodybuilding Success Coolcicada's Avatar
    Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What routine have you been using thus far?

Try Starting Strength.
    Misc Cologne Crew

Shkimabobs is just really nice. (+1000) Shkimabobs is just really nice. (+1000) Shkimabobs is just really nice. (+1000) Shkimabobs is just really nice. (+1000) Shkimabobs is just really nice. (+1000) Shkimabobs is just really nice. (+1000) Shkimabobs is just really nice. (+1000) Shkimabobs is just really nice. (+1000) Shkimabobs is just really nice. (+1000) Shkimabobs is just really nice. (+1000) Shkimabobs is just really nice. (+1000)
    Change rep range, change routine, eat more. Train your legs.

Blakamo is not very well liked. (-100) Blakamo is not very well liked. (-100) Blakamo is not very well liked. (-100) Blakamo is not very well liked. (-100) Blakamo is not very well liked. (-100) Blakamo is not very well liked. (-100) Blakamo is not very well liked. (-100) Blakamo is not very well liked. (-100) Blakamo is not very well liked. (-100) Blakamo is not very well liked. (-100) Blakamo is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by Coolcicada View Post
    What routine have you been using thus far?

Try Starting Strength.
    I've been using my own routine.

Do you think SS is suitable for a person like me? I'd consider myself more as an intermediate. My overall weight is only low because I haven't been training legs.

Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Blakamo View Post

Do you think SS is suitable for a person like me? I'd consider myself more as an intermediate. My overall weight is only low because I haven't been training legs.
    It will help regardless of experience.

Babylover's version is better:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...5564721&page=1
    Misc Cologne Crew

Shkimabobs is just really nice. (+1000) Shkimabobs is just really nice. (+1000) Shkimabobs is just really nice. (+1000) Shkimabobs is just really nice. (+1000) Shkimabobs is just really nice. (+1000) Shkimabobs is just really nice. (+1000) Shkimabobs is just really nice. (+1000) Shkimabobs is just really nice. (+1000) Shkimabobs is just really nice. (+1000) Shkimabobs is just really nice. (+1000) Shkimabobs is just really nice. (+1000)

Intermediate= 315 squat, 225 bench, 405 deadlift. Starting strength suits you well.

Anybody want to agree with SS?

Every one will agree, see above.
    Misc Cologne Crew

TonysFlexing is on a distinguished road. (+10) TonysFlexing is on a distinguished road. (+10) TonysFlexing is on a distinguished road. (+10) TonysFlexing is on a distinguished road. (+10) TonysFlexing is on a distinguished road. (+10) TonysFlexing is on a distinguished road. (+10) TonysFlexing is on a distinguished road. (+10) TonysFlexing is on a distinguished road. (+10) TonysFlexing is on a distinguished road. (+10) TonysFlexing is on a distinguished road. (+10) TonysFlexing is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hows your diet? maybe try to incorporate some drop sets for some extra intensity that your body isn't used to
    Hey guys. I'm 16 and 5'6, I weigh 143 pounds or 65 kilos.

I've been using the same routine mainly for a while now, and I figured that i've plateaued because of it. I haven't gained anything in about 3 months

Before I continue, i'd just like to add my current lifts, all of which are for 8-12 reps:

Db Press Flat: 55-60 pounds (each hand), or 110-120 total
    Military Press: Roughly 45 pounds each hand (90 total)
    Incline Db Press: Roughly the same as flat
    Pull ups: I can perform about 12 reps of these
    Lat Pull down: 79 pounds (36 kilos)

So that's just a rough idea of how much weight I do, or where i'm at in terms of bodybuilding.

I'd just like to ask, is there a particular program you'd recommend I do?

Before you ask, 'where is legs?'. I'd just like to add that im about to starting incorporating legs into my routine, I only avoided it because of knee problems which I have now alleviated.
    Check out my youtube channel! 17 year old posing vid

http://www.youtube.com/bebiessed

Add me on skype; TonysFlexing

Any beginner strength routine will do.

Originally Posted by TonysFlexing View Post
    Hows your diet? maybe try to incorporate some drop sets for some extra intensity that your body isn't used to
    lolwut.

looks like im going to have to learn how to deadlift and squat