Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    richshamrock has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for sharing a good product review. I have to check it out on my own. Anyone can send me the link from where i can order it now... I know the email address you have provided above, but if you can share a geographical address, it's better for me.

ICFootball62 is just really nice. (+1000) ICFootball62 is just really nice. (+1000) ICFootball62 is just really nice. (+1000) ICFootball62 is just really nice. (+1000) ICFootball62 is just really nice. (+1000) ICFootball62 is just really nice. (+1000) ICFootball62 is just really nice. (+1000) ICFootball62 is just really nice. (+1000) ICFootball62 is just really nice. (+1000) ICFootball62 is just really nice. (+1000) ICFootball62 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by richshamrock View Post
    Thanks for sharing a good product review. I have to check it out on my own. Anyone can send me the link from where i can order it now... I know the email address you have provided above, but if you can share a geographical address, it's better for me.
    I checked with the owner (I'm doing a sponsored log of his other products soon) and he said that he doesn't take checks due to fraud, but he said he'll do a money order or prepaid credit card. If you're interested let me know and I can let him know. He also posts here form time to time.
    Misc Lawyer Crew
    300 Spartan Crew, #22
    MISC DOG CREW

"A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - General George S. Patton

BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by ICFootball62 View Post
    Bump, anybody get their samples and want to share a review?
    I requested samples about a week ago. I'll be delighted to share a review once I get them. The ingredient profile looked great... otherwise I wouldn't have bothered requesting them haha. I'm wishing upon a star for a Vanilla Peanut Butter sample. That one sounds delectable.

lordgt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lordgt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lordgt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lordgt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lordgt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lordgt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lordgt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lordgt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lordgt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lordgt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lordgt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    some interesting flavors here, nice review as well.

jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Ok so going to give a shot out to active armour for sending these out!

First up profile on these top notch, idk why more people are not taking this or at least talking about it just off the profile of the product alone! 29 grams of whey isolate and no fat! Perfect for post workout IMO on cutting/contest prep or bulking diet! the no fat thing is what sticks out to me!

Flavors
    Vanilla PB-10/10 could not make a better one if I wanted to unless I used vanilla ice cream and skippy PB haha really great
    Vanilla Cupcake 9/5/10 no problems with this one Tasted great for only 1 g of sugar, strong taste for no fat too
    Cinnamon-not quite as good as gaspari cin roll but good too I liked it 8.5/10
    Chocolate-9/10 nothing mind blowing but it was good chocolate is chocolate to me nothing really sticks out iMO ,but you can tell when you have a bad tasting product.

As a whole the quality and make up along with spectacular flavoring makes this some product that should be getting more talk on here.
    Vanilla PB was my favorite of the bunch but none were bad or even remotely average all very good.
    Thanks again!
    Trying to improve day in and day out.

MY youtube-://www.youtube.com/user/JaredBodyB/videos

My instagram-- JaredBB22

trenofuu is on a distinguished road. (+10) trenofuu is on a distinguished road. (+10) trenofuu is on a distinguished road. (+10) trenofuu is on a distinguished road. (+10) trenofuu is on a distinguished road. (+10) trenofuu is on a distinguished road. (+10) trenofuu is on a distinguished road. (+10) trenofuu is on a distinguished road. (+10) trenofuu is on a distinguished road. (+10) trenofuu is on a distinguished road. (+10) trenofuu is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    So I got some Active Armour samples in the mail today! Thanks so much for sending the samples in. Here's my honest review of 2 packets I tried today:

1. Vanilla Cupcake Batter
    -The ingredient profile is incredible. To be honest, I always found shakes that contained more than minimal carbs/fats (other than meal replacements) to be ridiculous. Why would I want 10g of carbs in my shake? I'd SO much rather eat fruit/rice/potatoes. Carbs are delicious, especially in a cut. 29 grams of protein per serving is huge, and with 1g carb and no fat, plus no aspartame.....this product is made with goal of the athlete and healthiness in mind, and then they worried about taste and such afterwards (or so it seems).
    -The taste is quite decent. This isn't the best protein I've had as far as taste. It's very thin which makes it go down easy, but it seems a little overly sweet. I have to give the product credit though. This is clearly the issue with it being without aspartame/carbs/fats. If you're consuming pure protein you can't expect as much. Another interesting thing is that the excessive sweetness did satiate my carb cravings.
    -I'm lactose intolerant. EVERY protein I've ever tried from ON Whey to Myofusion to Trutein to Cytosport 100% whey and on have given me gas. This was the FIRST time I've not had issues. I feel like a free man.
    -Overall this protein is great. Could it improve on taste? Yes. But with a carb and no fats or aspartame....what else could I ask for? Overall everything about this protein is the best of anything I've ever tried other than that taste factor, but with a profile and quality like this, I don't know how possible it is for it to taste any better. I think it would be AWESOME in a very low sugar milk to add thickness and some creamy flavor if you want to go that route. This way you'd get additional protein/fat without the carbs for cutting

2. Chocolate
    -Same idea but I wanted to mention I liked this flavor noticeably better. The chocolate flavor helps balance the sweetness out (though it still is quite sweet).

Would I buy these products? Yes I for sure would. Personally whey isn't a big deal to me so most of the time I buy 6lb bags at costco. I'm not a professional bodybuilder by any means so it's not a big deal. But this definitely is up there with quality. For anyone looking to get sponsored by a company, I'd just like to say this is definitely a product you could stand by with your reputation on the line.

BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Huge thanks to Active Armour for sending me the samples, especially considering this is obviously not a cheap protein. In fact, it's the exact opposite of a cheap protein, seeing as it contains nothing but high quality whey protein isolate. This makes it ideal for post-workout. Therefore, I tried the Vanilla Peanut Butter after training. I just received the samples today so this is the only flavor I can comment on right now.

I always like to see a short list of ingredients in my post-workout protein, and this may be the shortest list I’ve ever seen. Nothing but high quality Isolate and a tad bit of flavoring. It doesn’t get much better than 88% protein per serving. Also, the majority of protein powders don't provide 29 grams of protein in a single scoop.

Preparing to experience Armor Whey Isolate:

After adding the powder to water:

Appearance immediately after shaking:

View from the top:

A glance at the bottom (no sign of flakes!):

The end result is an almost transparent shake. I imagine this is due to the purity of this protein. You wouldn’t think it’s as pure as it is by the taste though. This is absolutely a protein that I can sip on and enjoy, rather than chug down. As you can see, I use a lot of water when mixing protein, yet this shake was still full of flavor. In regards to mixing, it would be impossible for a product to blend any better. It dissolved so well that you wouldn’t even know it was once a powder.

I highly recommend Armor Whey Isolate to anyone who wants to avoid all of the junk and filler found in most leading protein brands. After trying the Vanilla Peanut Butter, I actually did spend the rest of the day recommending this protein to others. As a result, I hope Active Armour doesn't mind getting bombarded with more sample requests.

bstall has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bstall has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bstall has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bstall has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bstall has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bstall has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bstall has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bstall has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bstall has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bstall has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bstall has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Thanks for posting the pictures of the VPB shake as i was concerned that there was something wrong with my sample when it looked like cloudy water. I will post full reviews when i try all the flavors, but Vanilla Peanut Butter definitely tasted better than it looked as a shake.

blinky99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blinky99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blinky99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blinky99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blinky99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blinky99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blinky99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blinky99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blinky99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blinky99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blinky99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BetterThanLife View Post
    [IMG]
    I highly recommend Armor Whey Isolate to anyone who wants to avoid all of the junk and filler found in most leading protein brands. After trying the Vanilla Peanut Butter, I actually did spend the rest of the day recommending this protein to others. As a result, I hope Active Armour doesn't mind getting bombarded with more sample requests.
    did cinnamon turn into gloop for you?
    Sig line can't be a novel

Originally Posted by blinky99 View Post
    did cinnamon turn into gloop for you?
    I just received the samples today so this is the only flavor I can comment on right now.
    As mentioned in my review, I've only had the chance to try Vanilla Peanut Butter. I know there's a lot going on so I can see how you missed it. I'll try the Cinnamon next and let you know

Unleash The Beast Within coolaidml's Avatar
    coolaidml is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coolaidml is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coolaidml is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coolaidml is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coolaidml is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coolaidml is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coolaidml is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coolaidml is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coolaidml is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coolaidml is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coolaidml is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I tried the Cinnamon flavor yesterday and was surprised to see some red coloring flecks after shaking. I looked onto the ingredient list and so no coloring listed so I'm curious as to what this is. Should have taken a picture but didn't think of it at the time...

Anyone else notice this?

Also I must say the product profile is amazing on this protein! 29 Gram/33 Gram scoop. That's A++ in my books. Flavoring on the Cinnamon flavor was really odd to be honest and not something I'd enjoy sipping on every day... Gonna try the others over the next few days. May create a thread with all the flavors reviewed.
    (**Beast Sports Nutrition Head Rep**)

Try our new Beast Mode Super Sauna & BCAA Ripped Black!

Store Specials:
    http://ca.bodybuilding.com/store/beast/beast.htm

www.********.com/beastsports
    www.twitter.com/beastsports
    www.instagram.com/beastsportsnutrition

Any views or opinions presented are those of me and do not represent Beast.

{COUNTRYMIKE APPRECIATION CREW}

bstall has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bstall has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bstall has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bstall has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bstall has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bstall has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bstall has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bstall has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bstall has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bstall has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bstall has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Yeah i saw some red stuff in my cinnamon as well. The flavor of the cinnamon was off for me as well. Did not care for it. I found the other flavors to be better.

Everyone has already posted the profile so i will limit this review to flavor and mixability.

Vanilla Peanut Butter.
    Taste 7/10 Was not bad but was not blown away by it either, Would not buy as an everyday flavor, but would be nice to have a few samples around for a change of pace.
    Mix ability 10/10. No issues here

Vanilla Cake Batter
    Taste: 8/10 This was my favorite flavor of them all. I have tasted something like this before but for the life of me can not remember what it was. If i was going to buy any of the flavors this would be it.
    Mix ability. 10/10 No issues here.

Cinnamon and Chocolate. I will combine these since i really did not care for either and both had issues mixing for me.
    Taste Cinnamon 4/10 Chocolate 5/10. This was the worst tasting cinnamon protein i have ever had, and the chocolate was not much better for me.
    Mixability: Both of these mixed very poorly with many chunks and what did mix almost had a gel like consistence. I had to force myself to finish these 2 shakes.

All shakes were mixed in a blender bottle with 8 ounces of water.

coolaidml is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coolaidml is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coolaidml is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coolaidml is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coolaidml is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coolaidml is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coolaidml is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coolaidml is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coolaidml is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coolaidml is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coolaidml is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by bstall View Post
    Yeah i saw some red stuff in my cinnamon as well. The flavor of the cinnamon was off for me as well. Did not care for it. I found the other flavors to be better.
    Would be nice if the AA rep could explain this for us...

Store Specials:

blinky99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blinky99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blinky99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blinky99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blinky99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blinky99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blinky99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blinky99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blinky99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blinky99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blinky99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by bstall View Post

Taste Cinnamon 4/10 This was the worst tasting cinnamon protein i have ever had, and the chocolate was not much better for me.
    Mixability: Both of these mixed very poorly with many chunks and what did mix almost had a gel like consistence. I had to force myself to finish these 2 shakes.

All shakes were mixed in a blender bottle with 8 ounces of water.
    happy im not going crazy with what i had

As mentioned in my review, I've only had the chance to try Vanilla Peanut Butter. I know there's a lot going on so I can see how you missed it. I'll try the Cinnamon next and let you know
    np yup i did

ActiveArmor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ActiveArmor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ActiveArmor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ActiveArmor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ActiveArmor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ActiveArmor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ActiveArmor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ActiveArmor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    coolaidml - I personally looked through the 25lb bag that your batch came from, and there are no red specs in the remaining 1-2lbs of powder. The workers filling the samples would notice red specs going into the sample bags. The powder is added gradually so it doesn't get stuck in the resealable closure part. I'm not doubting it didn't happen to you, but if it did, please send a picture to info@ActiveAN.com. Let's try to figure this out on email first. I'll resend you replacements. For all we know it could be cinnamon.

bstall

"Vanilla Peanut Butter. Taste 7/10
    Vanilla Cake Batter Taste: 8/10
    Cinnamon Taste 4/10
    Chocolate Taste 5/10

All shakes were mixed in a blender bottle with 8 ounces of water."

bstall, your entitled to your opinion. Everyone has different flavor preferences. Two of my best friends swear by the cinnamon. I'm like, better than Vanilla Peanut Butter? You guys are crazy. We argue all the time about it. Women, generally, like Vanilla Cup Cake and love Chocolate. You could have 15 different flavors and they still want Chocolate! If everyone had similar taste preferences, they would only make Vanilla and Chocolate.

You also have to keep in mind the exceptional nutritional profile of Armor Whey Isolate. You drink protein shakes for protein, not for the added carbs or fat. Add your own healthy fats and low or high glycemic carbs based on your goals, don't pay your protein supplier to do. Remember... Take the amount of grams of protein in your shake and divide it by total grams in a serving to get your protein purity %.

People that buy 2lb or more bags, after some trial and error, soon figure out how much water and ice makes their shakes taste the best. It's not exactly the same for each flavor. When you find the sweet spot, all of the shakes taste very good. That is why we recommend following the directions exactly as they are on the package, as it's a good ballpark estimate of the ideal amount of water and ice for 1 serving. Using a blender is also much better, but if you only have access to a shaker bottle, try adding 1 or 2 ice cubes to help shake up the powder.

Also, bad mouthing a flavor from only 1 sample packet is a bit harsh. I have numerous customers buying cinnamon by the 25lb bags that are loving it, so to each their own. My intentions aren't to carry products that taste bad, especially when there are only 4 flavors at the moment.

Check out this review of a respected member here. He ordered 4 sample packets and then asked if it was ok if he started a thread about it. I said sure. Turns out he loved cinnamon.

Cinnamon: 10/10 I had a hard time deciding which was my favorite, but I think I have to go with cinnamon. I have tried some cinnamon flavored powders and bars and some are very sour/taste artificial. I'm not sure what the natural flavoring In this protein was but It tasted like someone had actually put cinnamon sugar into the mix. It had that cinnamon kick which I am a huge fan of and for being so lean, it was relatively thick and satisfying in skim milk. This flavor (like all the others as you will find out) was very sweet and definitely satisfied my sweet tooth. I expected a watery on consistency (because it is such a lean product) but I have honestly never tasted a product like this I'm not sure exactly how it was flavored, but all I can say it was done right. It really reminded me as if I was pouring a packet of ingredients to bake a cinnamon roll, I would love to bake/make ice cream with this in the future.

Thread is called - Active Armor Nutrition Whey Protein Review by Masterbench

I didn't have any chunks or red flakes in my cinnamon sample. However, I agree that cinnamon is the worst flavor. It tasted like unflavored whey with cinnamon sprinkled on top... which is essentially what it is. I've been drinking Trutein's CinnaBun though, which makes all other cinnamon protein taste bad. Either way, it gave me a nice clean dose of pure whey protein isolate after my workout.

Originally Posted by ActiveArmor View Post
    coolaidml - I personally looked through the 25lb bag that your batch came from, and there are no red specs in the remaining 1-2lbs of powder. The workers filling the samples would notice red specs going into the sample bags. The powder is added gradually so it doesn't get stuck in the resealable closure part. I'm not doubting it didn't happen to you, but if it did, please send a picture to info@ActiveAN.com. Let's try to figure this out on email first. I'll resend you replacements. For all we know it could be cinnamon.
    I consumed the sample packet already so I cannot take a photo unfortunately but I am not lying about what I noticed... The red was not noticeable in the packet until after it was shaken up... It's almost as if some red food coloring specs were in it and once water touched them then they were noticeable....

Store Specials:

I didn't have any chunks or red flakes in my cinnamon sample. However, I agree that cinnamon is the worst flavor. It tasted like unflavored whey with cinnamon sprinkled on top... which is essentially what it is. I've been drinking Trutein's CinnaBun though, which makes all other cinnamon protein taste bad. Either way, it gave me a nice clean dose of pure whey protein isolate after my workout.
    gloop?

ActiveArmor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ActiveArmor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ActiveArmor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ActiveArmor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ActiveArmor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ActiveArmor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ActiveArmor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ActiveArmor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My goal is not to come on here to bash other brands in order to promote mine, but when you want to mention another brand in my thread... I am going to try to pick theirs apart. lol

Some people love the taste Cinnamon Armor Whey Isolate, others don't, but the nutritional profile blows away most of the competitions'.

Let's examine Trutein's cinnamon nutritional profile real quick... they don't mention how many grams are in a serving, but if there are 67 in a 5lb, then like Armor Whey Isolate there are approximately 32g of powder per serving.

Armor Whey Isolate has 120 calories, 29g of ONLY Whey Isolate protein, 0g of fat, and 1g of carbs. 29g of protein divided by total weight of serving 32g = 88% protein purity.

Trutein has 120 calories, 24g of protein of which the first ingredient is low quality and inexpensive milk protein, the second is eqq protein, and the third is finally whey isolate, 1 gram of fat, and 5g of carbs. 24g of protein divided by total weight of serving 32g = 75% protein purity.
    Last edited by ActiveArmor; 04-16-2012 at 12:45 PM.

Originally Posted by ActiveArmor View Post
    My goal is not to come on here to bash other brands in order to promote mine, but when you want to mention another brand in my thread... I am going to try to pick theirs apart. lol

Some people love the taste Cinnamon Armor Whey Isolate, others don't, but the nutritional profile blows away most of the competitions'.

Let's examine Trutein's cinnamon nutritional profile real quick... they don't mention how many grams are in a serving, but if there are 67 in a 5lb, then like Armor Whey Isolate there are approximately 32g of powder per serving.

Armor Whey Isolate has 120 calories, 29g of ONLY Whey Isolate protein, 0g of fat, and 1g of carbs. 29g of protein divided by total weight of serving 32g = 88% protein purity.

Trutein has 120 calories, 24g of protein of which the first ingredient is low quality and inexpensive milk protein, the second is eqq protein, and the third is finally whey isolate, 1 gram of fat, and 5g of carbs. 24g of protein divided by total weight of serving 32g = 75% protein purity.

There is certainly no debate on the high protein % of the product. It's one of the best on the market!

The main topic however is the flavors here which seem to be very mediocre.... What it comes down to for the buyer is going to be taste or protein %.

My main concern is still why there would be red coloring in the Cinnamon flavor when no colors are listed on the label. I'm not the only one who has noticed this... It may be very minimal but it is there...

Store Specials:

SpiceCake is just really nice. (+1000) SpiceCake is just really nice. (+1000) SpiceCake is just really nice. (+1000) SpiceCake is just really nice. (+1000) SpiceCake is just really nice. (+1000) SpiceCake is just really nice. (+1000) SpiceCake is just really nice. (+1000) SpiceCake is just really nice. (+1000) SpiceCake is just really nice. (+1000) SpiceCake is just really nice. (+1000) SpiceCake is just really nice. (+1000)
    I recently received and tried samples of AN's protein products and was pleasantly surprised; for a product with such a clean profile that provides such a massive quantity of protein per serving (29g), I was definitely NOT expecting any of the flavors to taste as good as they did. The first flavor I tried was Chocolate, which has a very Nesquick-like flavor that isn't as light as the flavors of some isolate products. I liked that it didn't have that sour aftertaste that some chocolate-flavored isolates are characterized by. In fact, it didn't really taste like a protein powder. The Vanilla Cupcake Batter was one of the best vanilla-flavored proteins I've tried, especially for the profile -- you do have to keep in mind, of course, that a product containing an additional 50-80 calories of sugar and fat is going to taste richer than one with a clean profile like this has. I was especially impressed by how well AN's flavoring formulation captures the distinct flavor of wet cake batter. I would absolutely be in heaven if these guys made a Chocolate Cupcake Batter flavor that so accurately represented REAL chocolate cupcake batter as the VCB flavor emulates the flavor of vanilla cupcake batter.

I was kind of apprehensive to try the Cinnamon flavor after reading a few negative reviews in this thread, but I thought it actually tasted pretty good. It isn't as rich as similarly flavored proteins from other companies, but I thought it had a generally pleasant flavor. I mix all my protein powders in milk, however, so I have no idea how it would taste when mixed in water. I also liked the Vanilla Peanut Butter, but to be honest, I couldn't really detect a hint of peanut butter flavor; to me, it tasted just like the Vanilla Cupcake Batter. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, though, because I ended up wishing I had a second sample of the VCB anyways, LOL.

All of the flavors mixed pretty well in skim milk except for Chocolate, which seemed to have a number of stubborn clumps float to the top no matter how much I stirred the solution. Overall, I'm really impressed with the taste of this product, especially when evaluated relative to the nutritional profile. I anticipate seeing/tasting new flavors introduced by this company over time...