Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    BLKSPARTANKING has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BLKSPARTANKING has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BLKSPARTANKING has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BLKSPARTANKING has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BLKSPARTANKING has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BLKSPARTANKING has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BLKSPARTANKING has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BLKSPARTANKING has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BLKSPARTANKING has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BLKSPARTANKING has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BLKSPARTANKING has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking The Black Spartan King begins to unleash his inner Juggernaut

Hello, hello to all out there in the body space and fitness world. My name is Joshua, but I have dubbed myself the name "Black Spartan King." I am quite excited about this challenge, and feeling positive about it. Just a quick explanation of myself: I made a lifestyle change the end of 2010 and started changing beginning of 2011. Through the aid of God, and applying Kris Gethin's Body by Design, I was able to transform not just my outer body but my inner man as well and completely change. All of the ailments of my lower back and heart were a thing of the past. And I'm glad I did what I did. I knew it was time for that change. I use to yo-yo a lot but I was sick of feeling like crap literally everyday.

Now to speed things up, I have been deployed in afghanistan since april of 2011. While here I have gained so much knowledge and wisdom in my life. And have seen and learned through the pain of this place to live life. Which made me come up with the phrase, "Live your life while you have a life to live." I got certified as a fitness trainer through the issa here too, so I'm proud of that. And have helped out guys here with training tips and what not.

I ordered my juggernaut, carnitine, and glutamine yesterday and I'm pumped. I usually do my work outs here at 3am and 5-6 days a week. It really depends because of the stress, and constant "workout" type work 24/7 I try not to burn out my body. And the nutrition, well thats the hardest part because I don't control it. So I rarely eat at the chow hall, only for breakfast, and the rest of the meals I usually eat albacore tuna, oatmeal, or small cereal bowls dry, packets of beef jerky, maybe a salad from the hall if its fresh enough. I won't get the supps until a week later, I'm going to start my journey monday, and will try to also youtube it as. It takes about a week for orders from bb.com to get here. So I will begin my log, and log as much and as often as I can and join the team of juggernauts out there. Hopefully you all will accept this spartan into the family.

The rough thing is I will still be here in afghanistan the first half of the challenge, but the good thing is the last part I will be home for good.

JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Welcome sir! And thank you for your service! You will find the Juggernaut community to be awesome!
    Workout Log:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=179207031

BLKSPARTANKING has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BLKSPARTANKING has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BLKSPARTANKING has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BLKSPARTANKING has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BLKSPARTANKING has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BLKSPARTANKING has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BLKSPARTANKING has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BLKSPARTANKING has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BLKSPARTANKING has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BLKSPARTANKING has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BLKSPARTANKING has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by JohnButz View Post
    Welcome sir! And thank you for your service! You will find the Juggernaut community to be awesome!
    Thx again bro and I am really looking forward to the Juggernaut community.

kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by BLKSPARTANKING View Post
    Thx again bro and I am really looking forward to the Juggernaut community.
    Welcome to the Juggernaut world!

Thanks for your service. Which branch are you in? Last year, Jamie (esco) was stationed there and won a Jr. Juggernaut (runner-up) package. Sweet deal. His cousin Julian is in this contest. Good luck!
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Available as a rep

Originally Posted by kconnell View Post
    Welcome to the Juggernaut world!

Thanks for your service. Which branch are you in? Last year, Jamie (esco) was stationed there and won a Jr. Juggernaut (runner-up) package. Sweet deal. His cousin Julian is in this contest. Good luck!
    I'm in the army. It's been a up and down time but I've made sure that most of the time it was positive learning and wisdom I gained.

JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm in the army. It's been a up and down time but I've made sure that most of the time it was positive learning and wisdom I gained.
    Great to have you in Joshua! What type of split will you be using?
    Workout Log:

blueyedevil will become famous soon enough. (+50) blueyedevil will become famous soon enough. (+50) blueyedevil will become famous soon enough. (+50) blueyedevil will become famous soon enough. (+50) blueyedevil will become famous soon enough. (+50) blueyedevil will become famous soon enough. (+50) blueyedevil will become famous soon enough. (+50) blueyedevil will become famous soon enough. (+50) blueyedevil will become famous soon enough. (+50) blueyedevil will become famous soon enough. (+50) blueyedevil will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Can't express it enough to our active service members.. Thank you for serving our awesome country.. and Welcome the Juggernaut Family.
    Look sharp, act sharp, be sharp!!!

Follow my Juggernaut Journey!!!!
    http://tinyurl.com/6u6kcn9

Hear the monster,See the monster,BE THE MONSTER!!!

Credz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Credz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Credz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Credz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Credz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Credz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Credz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Credz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Credz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Credz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Credz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Welcome to the Challenge!
    --------------------------------------------

Personal Workout Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155617473

Great to have you in Joshua! What type of split will you be using?
    Mainly while here I train 5 days a week. At home it would be 6 and thats because Im able to fully rest and recover, here I need to give at least 2 days, sometimes 3 depending on whats going on. But Mon, Wed, Fri are the resistance days: Chest/Tri, Back/Bi, Shoulders/Legs, and each session starts with 15-20 HIIT. Tues and Thurs is mainly HIIT or endurance run and ab training which mainly I use resistance with them now. Last year while here I was splitting everything up into going to the gym twice a day, but with that on top of everything else, I burned out and overtrained after a while and had to take some time and recover from it.

Originally Posted by Credz View Post
    Welcome to the Challenge!
    Thx bro

Originally Posted by blueyedevil View Post
    Can't express it enough to our active service members.. Thank you for serving our awesome country.. and Welcome the Juggernaut Family.
    Thx bro

Lanithroe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lanithroe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lanithroe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lanithroe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lanithroe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lanithroe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lanithroe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lanithroe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lanithroe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lanithroe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lanithroe will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have served my time in the sandbox as well bro, but seeing you attack this challenge while you are there is pure inspiration to me. It is a honer to have you in this challenge. Crush some goals and be safe.
    I have the hunger for evolution.

Originally Posted by Lanithroe View Post
    I have served my time in the sandbox as well bro, but seeing you attack this challenge while you are there is pure inspiration to me. It is a honer to have you in this challenge. Crush some goals and be safe.
    Thats awesome bro, I'm glad that you made it through your tour and is doing great. I knew this deployment would be a test and has been on every level inside and out. And honestly I realized I'm such a perfectionist and I would come down on myself so hard when something would go out of whack with training or the food. But I realized that everybody can try to do this over here, and I vowed to keep pushing no matter what and to stand out from the start to the finish, which is in a couple of weeks. And thx bro, I'm gonna do my best to awaken the juggernaut within, and then when I touch down home and have full control, just let him loose and take over.

alika2die4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alika2die4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alika2die4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alika2die4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alika2die4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alika2die4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alika2die4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alika2die4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alika2die4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alika2die4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alika2die4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Hello, hello to all out there in the body space and fitness world. My name is Joshua, but I have dubbed myself the name "Black Spartan King." I am quite excited about this challenge, and feeling positive about it. Just a quick explanation of myself: I made a lifestyle change the end of 2010 and started changing beginning of 2011. Through the aid of God, and applying Kris Gethin's Body by Design, I was able to transform not just my outer body but my inner man as well and completely change. All of the ailments of my lower back and heart were a thing of the past. And I'm glad I did what I did. I knew it was time for that change. I use to yo-yo a lot but I was sick of feeling like crap literally everyday.

Now to speed things up, I have been deployed in afghanistan since april of 2011. While here I have gained so much knowledge and wisdom in my life. And have seen and learned through the pain of this place to live life. Which made me come up with the phrase, "Live your life while you have a life to live." I got certified as a fitness trainer through the issa here too, so I'm proud of that. And have helped out guys here with training tips and what not.

I ordered my juggernaut, carnitine, and glutamine yesterday and I'm pumped. I usually do my work outs here at 3am and 5-6 days a week. It really depends because of the stress, and constant "workout" type work 24/7 I try not to burn out my body. And the nutrition, well thats the hardest part because I don't control it. So I rarely eat at the chow hall, only for breakfast, and the rest of the meals I usually eat albacore tuna, oatmeal, or small cereal bowls dry, packets of beef jerky, maybe a salad from the hall if its fresh enough. I won't get the supps until a week later, I'm going to start my journey monday, and will try to also youtube it as. It takes about a week for orders from bb.com to get here. So I will begin my log, and log as much and as often as I can and join the team of juggernauts out there. Hopefully you all will accept this spartan into the family.

The rough thing is I will still be here in afghanistan the first half of the challenge, but the good thing is the last part I will be home for good.
    Stay safe out there you are coming up short. Need all Juggernauts back home in one piece! Good luck with this contest. Always nice to see a fellow Army brother competing.
    Journey is done. See my final pics with Juggernaut HP!
    I am Juggernaut 2012: The Rants and Raves of a Gym Juggernaut: http://tinyurl.com/7txwugw

www.********.com/alika2die4

trying to inspire the twitter masses @ alika2die4

kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by alika2die4 View Post
    Stay safe out there you are coming up short. Need all Juggernauts back home in one piece! Good luck with this contest. Always nice to see a fellow Army brother competing.
    Glad to see the Army brothers stick together.
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Available as a rep

SuperMaine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SuperMaine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SuperMaine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SuperMaine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SuperMaine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SuperMaine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SuperMaine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SuperMaine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SuperMaine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SuperMaine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SuperMaine is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Cool

welcome to the JUGGZ challenge bro! FYI navy here

TeamIronClad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TeamIronClad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TeamIronClad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TeamIronClad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TeamIronClad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TeamIronClad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TeamIronClad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TeamIronClad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TeamIronClad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TeamIronClad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TeamIronClad is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Welcome to the challenge. I am always glad to hear of the people who serve and protect this country.

What was the driving force that made you decide to join the service?

Man 3AM workouts!! Shucks! I couldn't imagine. That's a sign of a JUGGERNAUT

Originally Posted by alika2die4 View Post
    Thx bro, you ain't gotta worry about me, I'm keeping my head down around here.

Originally Posted by SuperMaine View Post
    welcome to the JUGGZ challenge bro! FYI navy here
    Thx bro, and you need to be around here and whip the navy guys into shape that I see on this fob

Originally Posted by TeamIronClad View Post
    Welcome to the challenge. I am always glad to hear of the people who serve and protect this country.

What was the driving force that made you decide to join the service?

Man 3AM workouts!! Shucks! I couldn't imagine. That's a sign of a JUGGERNAUT
    Thx bro, I believe I just wanted to experience and be a part of something big. And I knew it would help develop me into what a man is suppose to be

Bro I tell you the 3am is not easy. The most vital part is right when I wake up. I have like a 2-3 window, if I'm not up and moving it becomes harder and harder to get up. But once I'm up, and moving its easier. The only thing is since I'm in the gym within 30 mins of waking up, I have to drink my pre workout right when I wake up

6:46pm

Well it is sunday evening, the eve of my juggernaut journey. I'm nervous and excited at the same time. I believe the hardest thing with it is going to be mentally and emotionally because of being deployed. But just like before I will be able to get through it. Monday morning is going to be back, biceps and HIIT on the elliptical. One of my main favorite back exercises are pull ups, using bodyweight and then a 35 or 45 plate. But I usually will do 3-4 sets, 12-15 reps on whichever exercise I do. Mainly I want to reach failure in between the rep marker. So I'm ready to kick it off.

6:46pm

Well it is sunday evening, the eve of my juggernaut journey. I'm nervous and excited at the same time. I believe the hardest thing with it is going to be mentally and emotionally because of being deployed. But just like before I will be able to get through it. Monday morning is going to be back, biceps and HIIT on the elliptical. One of my main favorite back exercises are pull ups, using bodyweight and then a 35 or 45 plate. But I usually will do 3-4 sets, 12-15 reps on whichever exercise I do. Mainly I want to reach failure in between the rep marker. So I'm ready to kick it off.
    It's going to be a great journey Joshua! Step by step, one day, one workout at a time man. Own it!
    Workout Log:

SuperMaine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SuperMaine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SuperMaine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SuperMaine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SuperMaine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SuperMaine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SuperMaine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SuperMaine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SuperMaine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SuperMaine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SuperMaine is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I was in afghan May-Oct 2011.....then iraq.... hows everything over there now bro? Stay safe and keep your head down.

Originally Posted by SuperMaine View Post
    I was in afghan May-Oct 2011.....then iraq.... hows everything over there now bro? Stay safe and keep your head down.
    It gets crazy at times, especially with all the stuff thats been going on here in the last 2 months.

It gets crazy at times, especially with all the stuff thats been going on here in the last 2 months.
    I heard about all of it....I hear you bro and stay safe!!

It's going to be a great journey Joshua! Step by step, one day, one workout at a time man. Own it!
    I know man, I'm ready, I am going to just take on the challenge head-on and give it everything I got no matter what comes my way

First Workout

4:42am

Morning workout is complete of day 1 and I like to call it "awakening the juggernaut" so here is what I pretty much did.

HIIT: Elliptical 16:40, avg 160-170 heart rate, 235 cal

Back
    Pull Ups: 8 reps(bodyweight), 5 reps(with 35lbs plate chained), 7 reps(bodyweight)
    Dumbbell Shrugs: 5 reps(130's) 20 reps(50's) 15 reps(75) 8 reps(100)
    Bent Over Dumbbell Rows: 15 reps(27.5's) 16 reps(30's) 10 reps (37.5's)
    Hyperextensions: 15 reps

Biceps
    Incline Dumbbell Curls: 15 reps(20's) 10 reps(27.5's) 10 reps(27.5's)
    Hammer Curls: 12 reps(30's) 10 reps(37.5's) 15 reps(27.5's)

And I believe I was in the gym for about a hour from 3:12am to 4:15am. Wore myself out, and I'm kind of glad my juggernaut isn't here yet. So I can be able to tell the difference in pump and energy when it does get here. And the reason I do little for my lower back is because I have to use more of a therapy method because of a major injury to it several years ago from improper training of it. But time to get on with the day, breakfast in about 40 mins and I'll document my food intake. (While I'm still here, that is gonna be not all it needs to be but I will do what I can) I will also put more info up with my BMR, daily calorie output, protein/carb/fat ratio, all the good stuff.
    Attached Images

TeamIronClad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TeamIronClad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TeamIronClad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TeamIronClad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TeamIronClad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TeamIronClad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TeamIronClad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TeamIronClad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TeamIronClad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TeamIronClad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TeamIronClad is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Few training tips:
    Dumbbell Shrugs- Had for 3 second at top and squeeze as hard as possible. Come down and rest for 1 second, then back up. 12 reps. Doesnt take much weight at all

Bent Over Dumbbell Rows- Let dumbbell sit and rest at the bottom. Come to a complete stop.

Hyperextensions- Use a mod/heavy weight for 10 reps, drop the weight then go to failure. Do two sets

And now for the other half, the food intake.

I drink around 3 liters of water a day that is mixed with bcaa's, I use Xtend and have been for a couple of years.

5:40am: 4 whole eggs, small bowl of oatmeal with dash of brown sugar, water, multi-vit and fish oil
    8:46am: 2 scoop muscle milk shake
    12:00pm: Albacore Tuna, bowl of regular oatmeal, multi-vit, fish oil
    2:30pm: 2 handfuls of raw almonds
    4:45pm: Albacore Tuna, V8 fusion

The reason I eat the albacore because each packet has like 35g of protein. But this is usually how I eat. And occasionally I will go to the chow hall to grab a salad or sandwich.

the winds

Just a small update for tues. I am done with my training but I had to change it up, I couldn't do my outside HIIT due to a sandstorm passing through, so I was in the gym. All is well, and I will document in more detail later on once I'm done with work for the day. Keep pushing no matter what; thats what I am doing even through the rough things that are going on right now.