cjoung has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

can i play Basketball and gain muscle?

I love playing basketball and i love lifting too. i was wondering if you think its possible to ball and bulk. i play for like 2-3 hours full court. My day breakdown rite now is this

Monday:Chest - no ball

Tuesday: ball

Wednesday: back then pwo shake and banana- wait 10 minutes then bball

Thursday: Ball- Legs

Friday: Should-Triceps no ball

Saturday: rest/work 6.5 hours (waiter)

Sunday: Arms no ball

can i still gain muscle still by just increasing my calorie intake or do you recommend any other supps then whey that can decrease the possible muscle burned from basketball? and how many more calories do you guys think i should add. my maintence is around 2700. any advice will help. thanks guys!

InfiniteExcel is a name known to all. (+5000) InfiniteExcel is a name known to all. (+5000) InfiniteExcel is a name known to all. (+5000) InfiniteExcel is a name known to all. (+5000) InfiniteExcel is a name known to all. (+5000) InfiniteExcel is a name known to all. (+5000) InfiniteExcel is a name known to all. (+5000) InfiniteExcel is a name known to all. (+5000) InfiniteExcel is a name known to all. (+5000) InfiniteExcel is a name known to all. (+5000) InfiniteExcel is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Can you bulk and do cardio (aka basketball..). Can you bulk and walk home from the gym? What do you think professional athletes do when they aren't playing their sport? They're training. Often in the weight room.

You're not going to "burn muscle" while playing basketball. Whenever you exert yourself you burn calories (energy) and tear down muscle fibers. Think about it. If your muscles were to just dissipate after playing basketball - why wouldn't they just dissipate after lifting weights? They wouldn't.

Eat a little extra, sleep a little longer. That's it man. I'd recommend you educate yourself on lifting + diet before you step into the weight room. Plethora of information on this very here website.
    Highlights: http://www.youtube.com/user/bkbrawla666/videos

leanliftin is on a distinguished road. (+10) leanliftin is on a distinguished road. (+10) leanliftin is on a distinguished road. (+10) leanliftin is on a distinguished road. (+10) leanliftin is on a distinguished road. (+10) leanliftin is on a distinguished road. (+10) leanliftin is on a distinguished road. (+10) leanliftin is on a distinguished road. (+10) leanliftin is on a distinguished road. (+10) leanliftin is on a distinguished road. (+10) leanliftin is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Yes increase calories to 3000 and see where that gets you. If you feel like crap all day, eat more. Supplements do not magically spare muscle, all you need is a whey protein for times that you can't get in whole food, that is why they are called SUPPLEMENTS, because they SUPPLEMENT meals. Yes you can still gain muscle as long as you are 100-200 above maintenance calories.

Brometrius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brometrius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brometrius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brometrius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brometrius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brometrius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brometrius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brometrius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brometrius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brometrius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brometrius has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    It's gonna hard ballin while doing your triceps
    Go hard
    In the gym,
    On the books
    Throughout life

2 tickets to the gun show Rowbro's Avatar
    Rowbro is just really nice. (+1000) Rowbro is just really nice. (+1000) Rowbro is just really nice. (+1000) Rowbro is just really nice. (+1000) Rowbro is just really nice. (+1000) Rowbro is just really nice. (+1000) Rowbro is just really nice. (+1000) Rowbro is just really nice. (+1000) Rowbro is just really nice. (+1000) Rowbro is just really nice. (+1000) Rowbro is just really nice. (+1000)
    It'll be harder but you can still do it. You will have to eat a ****load of food though. Also your current routine won't have you gaining much muscle.
    500+ Just say rep back

LEARN PROPER SQUAT TECHNIQUE!
    http://oldschooltrainer.com/how-to-squat/

One of the BEST threads on this site: Posture Correction Information and Techniques, by Gzus
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=123812871

"i sequence the genome of every girl i meet. it has costed me millions of dollars, and i'm honestly not sure what to do with the raw data."
    -BandApart

Originally Posted by Rowbro View Post
    It'll be harder but you can still do it. You will have to eat a ****load of food though. Also your current routine won't have you gaining much muscle.
    What do you recommend then??

Originally Posted by Brometrius View Post
    It's gonna hard ballin while doing your triceps
    but im not balling on tricep day though

Brometrius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brometrius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brometrius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brometrius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brometrius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brometrius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brometrius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brometrius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brometrius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brometrius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brometrius has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by cjoung View Post
    but im not balling on tricep day though
    Looks like you planned it out so your triceps will heal over the weekend

I suggest you eat a lot.

Good luck brah
    Go hard
    In the gym,
    On the books
    Throughout life

SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000)
    eat more to compensate.

/thread
    Master total
    S: 585
    B: 370
    D: 605