TOTOFiT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Whey Protein for women.

Hello ladies,

New to this forum. Excited about joining.

I was wondering about whey protein specifically and had questions regarding which brand/flavor do you recommend? What recipes for good shakes?

My goal is to tone up - gain lean muscle and maybe lose a couple lbs while doing so.

One thing that makes me nervous to take protein is the possibility of myself "bulking up". I've done some research and have read that it is false, but would like to get actual women's experiences with drinking whey protein. Is there any possibility? I do 10 mins cardio a day to warm-up and then I go straight to the iron garden. I don't lift heavily as like I said, I am trying to tone. Also, I currently weight 120-121lbs, how much should my protein intake be a day?

I am planning to drink whey after workouts and maybe also for breakfast!

Please give me some insight as I am new to all of this Thanks in advance!

danap3681 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danap3681 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danap3681 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danap3681 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danap3681 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danap3681 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danap3681 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danap3681 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danap3681 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danap3681 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danap3681 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by TOTOFiT View Post
    Hello ladies,

I was wondering about whey protein specifically and had questions regarding which brand/flavor do you recommend? What recipes for good shakes?

My goal is to tone up - gain lean muscle and maybe lose a couple lbs while doing so.

One thing that makes me nervous to take protein is the possibility of myself "bulking up". I've done some research and have read that it is false, but would like to get actual women's experiences with drinking whey protein. Is there any possibility? I do 10 mins cardio a day to warm-up and then I go straight to the iron garden. I don't lift heavily as like I said, I am trying to tone. Also, I currently weight 120-121lbs, how much should my protein intake be a day?

I wish "bulking up" was as simple as drinking protein drinks! I would install a fountain in my home!
    **DIRTYSOUTHCREW**
    #sizeistheprizeswoleisthegoal

LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Why would you think drinking your protein would magically make muscle appear out of no where? Also, what exactly do you think it is that muscles are doing when they are toning?

ClassickQC is just really nice. (+1000) ClassickQC is just really nice. (+1000) ClassickQC is just really nice. (+1000) ClassickQC is just really nice. (+1000) ClassickQC is just really nice. (+1000) ClassickQC is just really nice. (+1000) ClassickQC is just really nice. (+1000) ClassickQC is just really nice. (+1000) ClassickQC is just really nice. (+1000) ClassickQC is just really nice. (+1000) ClassickQC is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hello ladies,

There really is no such thing as ''toning'' to be honest. Muscle is muscle and it is achieved by lifting heavy, pink weights with endless reps will do nothing really. Drinking protein shakes won't ''bulk'' you up (Dana, you wouldn't be the only one with a fountain home lol)
    It also isn't necessary to drink Whey at all, if you get your protein through food there is no need for shakes.

I suggest you start with the Training program basic thread
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=127023861

And the Macros calculation thread
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703921

Most of the basics are explained in those threads and should get you on the right track as well as help with your questions.
    ''Remember where you are posting (ie a body building forum) and the audience who is going to reply. If you just want someone to tell you you’re pretty, you’re slim/toned, ripped or correct in your craziness then please post somewhere else. '' ~Kjake55

tacdgb will become famous soon enough. (+50) tacdgb will become famous soon enough. (+50) tacdgb will become famous soon enough. (+50) tacdgb will become famous soon enough. (+50) tacdgb will become famous soon enough. (+50) tacdgb will become famous soon enough. (+50) tacdgb will become famous soon enough. (+50) tacdgb will become famous soon enough. (+50) tacdgb will become famous soon enough. (+50) tacdgb will become famous soon enough. (+50) tacdgb will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I drink six star whey protein that I get from walmart. Whey protein is used to build muscles up after you lift weights as doing so tears them down. So drinking whey protein won't build muscle alone.........lifting weights does that. there isn't any magical drink.

litttlemiss is just really nice. (+1000) litttlemiss is just really nice. (+1000) litttlemiss is just really nice. (+1000) litttlemiss is just really nice. (+1000) litttlemiss is just really nice. (+1000) litttlemiss is just really nice. (+1000) litttlemiss is just really nice. (+1000) litttlemiss is just really nice. (+1000) litttlemiss is just really nice. (+1000) litttlemiss is just really nice. (+1000) litttlemiss is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hello ladies,

this web site will answer all your questions http://pimpmyproteinshake.blogspot.com/, I like isoflex vanilla for powder with almond milk unsweetened, ice and lite/ carbmaster cherry yogurt
    Last edited by litttlemiss; 03-15-2012 at 11:21 PM.

lotusrk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I like v-core vanilla from complete nutrition. My favorite way to eat it, other than just in fruit shakes, is as follows.
    Protein pancakes:
    1 scoop powder
    splash of egg whites
    1/2 ts baking soda
    1 tbs almond meal or whole grain flour
    Mix and cook like pancakes!