aszx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

What is CrossFit?

I keep hearing and reading about this crossfit training programs and I have no idea what they are talking about. The exercises I see associated with it look like exercises I do for football so I would like to learn more about this. Can someone please explain this to me?

dgcoats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dgcoats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dgcoats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dgcoats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dgcoats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dgcoats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dgcoats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dgcoats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dgcoats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dgcoats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dgcoats is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    It's not a program for athletes as much as it is for weekend warriors who are more interested in developing endurance than maximum strength/power. Pass on it.
    http://voidempathy.blogspot.com/
    It has words and stuff

robertlee79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

crossfit

cossfit is an intense workout that combines strength training and cardio. the crossfit program at my gym usually consists of performing 6 or 7 different exercises in a short amount of time. for example, one week they might do burpees, kettlebell swings, deadlifts, box jumps, dumbell squats, pushups, and jump rope. usually 7 sets of 7 reps as fast as you can without sacraficing good form. the exercises change each class. its intense and when its done your nervouse system is shot.

i dont do it because i get my cadio in other ways, but if you looking to get into shape fast or you need to increase your stamina and explosiveness its an ideal program and isnt very time consuming. some of the crossfit regulars at my gym include high school and college athletes as well as average joes.

instructors are suppoed to be officially certified to head a crossfit class, but im not sure what that includes.

BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by dgcoats View Post
    It's not a program for athletes as much as it is for weekend warriors who are more interested in developing endurance than maximum strength/power. Pass on it.
    not really

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    crossfit makes chicks look hot.
    If you want to look like a hot chick, do crossfit.

lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by BC02 View Post
    not really
    Yes really. If you want to be good at exercising, do cultfit. If you want to get better for a sport, train specifically for that sport.

Crossfit is nothing more than cross training with an almost militant aversion to programming. It is NOT an original idea created by Glassman. He just found a douchey, cultlike way to market it.
    Bravery and stupidity are often synonymous. So are cowardice and intelligence.

aszx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thx is sounds like something ill look up and incorporate into my workout but it doesnt soung like something for me

DNClay will become famous soon enough. (+50) DNClay will become famous soon enough. (+50) DNClay will become famous soon enough. (+50) DNClay will become famous soon enough. (+50) DNClay will become famous soon enough. (+50) DNClay will become famous soon enough. (+50) DNClay will become famous soon enough. (+50) DNClay will become famous soon enough. (+50) DNClay will become famous soon enough. (+50) DNClay will become famous soon enough. (+50) DNClay will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    This is the best way I can explain it to you OP:

Crossfit is about bastardizing highly technical Olympic-style movements that take years to master and are typically reserved for 1-3 rep maxes.....and turning them into cardio for boys and girls that just stepped into a gym for the first time.
    If you're not willing to get your diet in check, then your supplements and gym membership are a waste of money.

Rugger w/ a throwing prob xxtwistedxx's Avatar
    xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by DNClay View Post
    This is the best way I can explain it to you OP:

Crossfit is about bastardizing highly technical Olympic-style movements that take years to master and are typically reserved for 1-3 rep maxes.....and turning them into cardio for boys and girls that just stepped into a gym for the first time.
    and dont forget the rhabdo. we had a guy from our highschool who drank the koolaid so to speak and was hospitalized last week for his efforts. he USED to be a pretty good athlete. not so much right now.
    ACE-PT, NSCA, USATF-1
    danprater.blogspot.com - blog for everything related to throws, rugby, training, etc. and stuff that isnt.

Youtube
    http://www.youtube.com/user/ubertoss2000

Throwers
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=122693921

Likestohunt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Likestohunt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Likestohunt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Likestohunt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Likestohunt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Likestohunt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Likestohunt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Likestohunt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Likestohunt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Likestohunt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Likestohunt is on a distinguished road. (+10)

nrcrossfit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

What is Crossfit

Originally Posted by aszx View Post
    I keep hearing and reading about this crossfit training programs and I have no idea what they are talking about. The exercises I see associated with it look like exercises I do for football so I would like to learn more about this. Can someone please explain this to me?
    Hello aszx,

CrossFit is a core strength and conditioning program that has been designed to help anyone who wants to optimize their physical competence. Whether you are a weekend athlete or you just want to have the best health possible, CrossFit is designed to help you by working you out in each of ten recognized fitness domains. These ten domains are Cardiovascular and Respiratory endurance, Stamina, Strength, Flexibility, Power, Speed, Coordination, Agility, Balance, and Accuracy. If you would like to take a look a bullet list of crossfit features you would really enjoy looking at northrimcrossfit.com/what-is-crossfit. They have a ton of useful information thank will help you.

vongSTAA is on a distinguished road. (+10) vongSTAA is on a distinguished road. (+10) vongSTAA is on a distinguished road. (+10) vongSTAA is on a distinguished road. (+10) vongSTAA is on a distinguished road. (+10) vongSTAA is on a distinguished road. (+10) vongSTAA is on a distinguished road. (+10) vongSTAA is on a distinguished road. (+10) vongSTAA is on a distinguished road. (+10) vongSTAA is on a distinguished road. (+10) vongSTAA is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by nrcrossfit View Post
    Hello aszx,

CrossFit is a core strength and conditioning program that has been designed to help anyone who wants to optimize their physical competence. Whether you are a weekend athlete or you just want to have the best health possible, CrossFit is designed to help you by working you out in each of ten recognized fitness domains. These ten domains are Cardiovascular and Respiratory endurance, Stamina, Strength, Flexibility, Power, Speed, Coordination, Agility, Balance, and Accuracy. If you would like to take a look a bullet list of crossfit features you would really enjoy looking at northrimcrossfit.com/what-is-crossfit. They have a ton of useful information thank will help you.
    It is NOT an athletic training system so please don't advertise and market it as one. I do respect real Crossfitters for what they do because I know I wouldn't be able to do that, but I would not recommend it as a primary mode of training for most athletes. It is a "sport" in itself.